Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ballroom Blitz

Keter

The Renegade
Dis was done up as a true fairytale castle. Banners hung from the ramparts, fluttering in the wind. Keter gazed at the display from the window in his tower, shifting slightly uncomfortably in the black suit that had been prepared for this occasion. The waistcoat was probably a tad much though. Still, it had been Barnabus' idea, and Keter knew better than to argue with someone who had been through what he was facing.

Marriage.

Strange, he had never thought that he'd get married. But here he was, moments away from finally binding himself to Feena. He couldn't help but smile stupidly at the thought. To have a family again...it was beyond his wildest dreams. And it was all coming true. He took a deep breath before stepping out of his room, striding down the stairs. Barnabus was out patrolling the courtyard, making sure any guests would be properly directed. He hadn't invited anyone personally, but he was sure Feena had invited half the galaxy. She was the popular one out of the pair of them after all. The kids were already in the hall they had setup to host this event, and 4TL4S was keeping an eye on them whilst K-36215 aided Feena in her preparations.

It wasn't going to be a massive ceremony, and in truth just a symbolic union of their lives, but it meant a lot to both of them.

The Eternal Queen
Marriage round two.
Kind of a sick way to think of it, but for her, this was her last shot. If this failed, she was going to just wash her hands of this whole relationship thing and spend the rest of her days as a twice divorced old woman. She had her children, after all. That would be enough.

"Does this look alright?" she asked K, the droid helping her, "I mean... white for a second wedding isn't exactly appropriate, is it? You don't have to answer that."

She bit gently on her lip as she turned this way and that to see herself from every angle. White was a good color for her, but she wasn't entirely sure about the cut. It felt too tight in some places. She wasn't that young, after all. Not like at her first wedding. Still, she was thin enough to pull off something that hugged her body a little. She liked the embroidery in any case, and the beading was nice, especially on the sleeves.
She pulled lightly on one of the curls cascading over her shoulder and put another white silk flower in the black waves. She chose not to wear a veil again, just like the first time. After spending all that time on her hair, why would she cover it up? On the table next to the mirror, she picked up a tube of red lipstick and a pearl pink one
"This one? or is that too much? What do you think?" she asked holding up both tubes for K, "Wait, why am I asking a droid for fashion advice? I must be more nervous than I thought."
She sighed and waved the droid off.
"Tell them I'm almost ready."

Keter

The Renegade
The droid assigned to Feena had been with Keter since the start. Scratch built from not only protocol parts but also commando ones, K-36215 was as much a bodyguard as a servant, despite Feena not truly needing the protection. The robot was as much a part of Keter's family as Barnabus or Slevin. It had been helping Feena prepare, politely ignoring her nervous rambling until dismissed. It bowed slightly before leaving her alone for now. It would return to fetch her in due time.

Keter stood in the hall, by the small dais they had erected, which held their rings. Simple gold bands, so small, so important, so symbolic. He smiled slightly as he looked out over the children, sitting on the front row. Cecil and Lucinda sat on either side of Felicity, dressed in their best. Slevin was sat behind them, ready to help should Felicity become fussy again. Barnabus was still outside walking in circles. The man was probably reliving his own wedding day. Keter chose to leave him to it. K-36215 walked in, striding confidently down the small aisle. They had set up some seats, but not many. This was all a small private affair after all. Keter smiled at the sight of his old friend, the last remaining member of his retinue.

"She is almost ready," the droid reported, it's eyes twinkling, a sign of its good humor. "As nervous as any bride-to-be."

Keter nodded. "Thanks." He took a deep breath before smiling at the children again. Lucinda didn't seem too happy, but Cecil was sitting quietly, reading a book until the event got started. It would be a quick and small ceremony followed by dinner.

Ben was dressed in the finest Jedi robes that he could have possibly found. He wanted to look nice for this wedding ceremony for a fellow council member. While Ben was not one to get married, or even be in a relationship for that matter, but he respected the wishes of other Jedi. It was no longer frowned upon for Jedi to be in relationships, even the Grandmaster had someone close to him, but Ben had never found anyone who had meant enough to him to enter into anything other than a friendship. For so long he had told himself that relations where something that would hold him down instead of helping him out, so it was hard for him to dedicate himself to a woman, for years he had been on his own and he liked it that way. Maybe one day that would change, but for now, he was happy with how things were going for him.

Entering the hall in which they were to be married, Ben took a moment to look around and enjoy what was about to happen. He swelled with pride for Feena and Keter, the man whom he had never met, but he had heard many good things about him. He had only been to one wedding in his life, he did not know the people, but he had still enjoyed it. This was different, he actually cared for Feena, not in a way that most people would think. He deeply cared for every single Jedi who stepped foot into the temple. He considered each of them family and he would die or do anything for each and every one of them. Being here for Feena was something he would not miss in the world and he could not be happier for her.

Taking a seat in the middle, he straightened out his robes, and he looked around the room. Spotting @[member="Keter"], the man who was to marry her, he tried to catch his eyes so that he could give him a smile and a nod of approval. If the Jedi were his family, then all of their family was also his, so he wanted to make it clear that Ben approved of their marriage. Not that it mattered, but it was still a nice gesture, and he wanted it to be known.

The Eternal Queen
"How long are we supposed to wait?" Lucinda whined clutching a little basket of white flower petals, "this is so boring! If you're gunna marry her, just do it already!"
"Lulu, hush," her brother snapped, glaring at her from over his book, "You are being rude."
The ten year old girl rolled her eyes at her brother and stuck her tongue out. Felicity all the while was babbling happily to herself between the two, playing with the fabric of her pretty little blue dress.

Feena in the meantime had decided that it was her wedding day and she could wear her makeup however she pleased. She went with the red lipstick, finding that the bolder color made her look a little more like a real bride. What bride, after all, wouldn't show off her lips? It was that kiss that sealed the marriage, wasn't it?
Now for jewelry... That was hard. Accessorizing was always hard! She glanced down at her engagement ring, now sitting on the table by her bed. She did like pearls. Something simple like a pearl necklace perhaps? That would look nice. She stood over her jewelry box, carefully digging through until she found it. She clipped it around her neck and paused staring at her reflection.
She was older now. Smarter. But she still looked like that bride from all those years ago. The dress was different, the groom was different, her friends were different. That didn't change how she felt. For the first time in a long time, Feena was actually nervous! And she hated herself for being nervous about this! There was no reason! She knew Keter better than she'd known her last husband when she married him. She trusted him, that was something she couldn't quite say about the other one. He respected her, didn't stifle her, he let her be better, he let her be herself.
Not that she thought for a second of just not marrying him. After all the waiting? After making him propose again and again until he got it right? after she bought the dress and invited all her friends?
Oh, this wedding was going to happen or somebody would be very sorry.

"You look beautiful," Kalia smiled stepping into the room to see if Feena was ready. The royal purple bridesmaid dress that she had been forced to wear really wasn't that bad. She actually liked it and thought she didn't look half bad but if she admitted that Feena would more than likely change. The only person whom was allowed to feel or look beautiful was the bride and she did just that. Smiling Kalia walked over to sit next to Feena by the bed.

Kalia knew what it felt like to get married and have jitters. It was exciting but scary all the same. This day was about Feena and Keter. Shaking her head she looked to Feena and smiled. "How are you holding up? Nervous?" Kalia could tell she was a little but that was natural she figured. "Don't be everything will be fine." She stated lightly taking Feena's hand and giving it a little squeeze. "Keter loves you and you love him. You'll figure it out from there."

The Eternal Queen
@[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]
Ah, Kalia. The little ball of sunshine! It was actually quite refreshing. All this gloom and self doubt- it was getting old. Feena smiled and tilted her chin up proudly.
"Of course he loves me. That I wasn't questioning. I was simply worried that the colors wouldn't work, but I can see that the dye batch they used for your dress matches the tablecloths perfectly!"
A silly excuse for her nerves (which a fellow Jedi would no doubt feel) but it was the best she could come up with. She stood up and examined herself in the mirror again, trying to think of anything she might have forgotten.
"Have you seen Keter yet? How does he look? Is he nervous? Any chance of him trying to run away?"

Keter

The Renegade
Outside, Barnabus had stopped his pacing, finally deciding to just lean against the wall and keep an eye on the situation outside. Nothing was happening, which was good. After all the waiting and preparation, hell awaited those who would try to spoil Feena's wedding day. The old soldier couldn't help but chuckle at the image of the vengeful bride striding through combat, lightsaber out, still in her wedding dress. He shook his head and sipped from his canteen. Keter was really getting himself into something...

Keter rolled his shoulders, taking a few shallow breaths. His heartbeat was increasing. Nerves. Only to be expected. So far, his relationship with Feena had been very private. He had never met any of her friends in truth. Then again that was probably his own fault. He looked over the hall, noting the presence of @[member="Ben Watts"] and nodding back to him with a polite smile. A fellow member of the Jedi Council, the man had a good reputation. It made Keter feel more comfortable about Feena being out there in the galaxy if such people were around to help her. Still, he knew next to nothing about the man. Time enough to get to know him at the dinner afterwards. He straightened his waistcoat slightly and shot Lucinda a look for her fussiness before smiling to lessen the reprimand. This was a big day for her mother after all.

@[member="Feena"]

"I know, I went out there and checked for myself to make sure. I know how you like everything to be perfect and it is! Everything is in place just how you prescribed it to be." Kalia knew that Feena was playing it cool saying she wasn't worried or scared by the whole situation. She would for now play along that it had everything to do with the color purple that she was wearing.

Sighing Kalia lightly shook her head a little as Feena jumped up to examine herself again, right not nerves. Kalia smiled inwardly to herself remembering a time she acted like that in front of the mirror so silly in love. She still did it from time to time. "It's normal to be scared its a big change for both of you. I saw him just before I walked in here and he was just fine. No signs of cold feet or running away. Don't you think about running because I won't let you do it. I'll walk you down the aisle myself if I have to."

The Eternal Queen

Feena managed a nervous little giggle at the idea of being dragged kicking and screaming down the aisle by Kalia of all people. That would certainly be a sight. But honestly, Feena had already made up her mind to do this. Once she made up her mind about something, there was very little that could change it.

"That's good to hear," she responded turning around to face her after deciding that if she was missing anything important, it would be noticed by Kalia, "Well? What do you think?"

Darron walked calmly into the building where the wedding was the be held, and it just so happened to be for Jedi Master Feena. The GrandMaster knew her quite well from their time together on the council, and with the changes in the code. He saw no reason to not be here to celebrate such a joyous occasion, besides it looked good to present an image of solidarity. The wedding guest list wasn't just limited to Jedi, and the Republic needed to be well represented at such an event. So he was here, and he greeted everyone who came near him. This was a peace mission as much as a celebration in his eyes, a way to show the Jedi were not the demi-gods that everyone portrayed them to be. Yes, the code made them strive for something greater in life, but they where all sentient beings at heart, and they should be allowed all the same respects as normal people. Yes, today will be a beautiful day. He thought to himself as he shook some more hands.

Since it was a formal event after all, he decided to ditch his combat attire and Jedi robes. The entire galaxy knew his face, and as one of if not the largest human's in the room. The leader of the Jedi Order was impossible to miss, he towered over most and his frame was as powerfully built as they came. His shoulder length blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and his prosthetic hand was covered in synth-skin to match his hand of flesh. Clothed in a new tuxedo that the Republic had bought him, he felt odd. It was very tight, and left little of his frame to the imagination as he made his way around in the onyx colored garmet, even the shirt and tie where black. It was a stark contrast to his tan skin and tawny locks, but he wore it well and everyone complimented him on the look. Although he was awaiting on specific person's approval.

Where are you my love?

Blue eyes scanned the room, to little avail. Though he did find one familiar soul. Making his way calmly through the crowd, Darron sat down next to his friend Ben Watts and simply smacked his chest to get his attention. "How are you my friend? It's good to see you made it, and no date?" The Jedi Master's eyes scanned his fellow Master's wardrobe before deadpanning. "You'd think you would have upgraded a little for an event like this. We can dress normal, I'll make it an order if I have to." A chuckle escaped his lips at the words.

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

She sincerely hoped there would no kicking and screaming but sometimes drastic measures needed to be taken. Feena seemed calmer though now so that was a very good sign. One important part of being a bridesmaid was ensuring that this wedding went off without a hitch. Nobody was going to ruin Feena's day not even the bride herself.

"You look perfect," Kalia nodded. There wasn't a hair out of place nor a wrinkle in the dress Fenna wore. She had put herself together very nicely. The necklace was a perfect touch as well not too much but just enough. Her friend really knew how to put herself together very nicely. "Honestly I wouldn't add or take away anything. How did you get your hair to curl like that?"

@[member="Feena"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Of all the social events that one could attend, Rosa loved weddings the most. They was never any animosity at a wedding, everyone attended to celebrate love. Family came together to see the people they cared most about joined, friends came to share the bride and grooms happiness. It was a stark contrast to the darkness that hung over the galaxy now and Rosa was looking forward to feeling joy and love, instead of the fear and sorrow that seemed to be hanging over everyone these days.

Rosa had taken great care in choosing her dress, it wasn't often that she got the chance to dress in anything beside her robes. Her hair flowed freely over her shoulders, fluttering in the gentle wind as her heels clicked against the courtyard floor.

She slowed her pace and came to a standstill taking a moment to admire the décor before extending her empathy, her heart lifting at the excitement coming from everyone.

The Eternal Queen

"You put it up in rollers and pour hot water on it. You can blow dry, but sometimes that makes it come out frizzy. I always let it air dry."

And now she was prattling on about styling tips with a fellow Council member. Were this anywhere else, at any other occasion it would be very unprofessional of her. But this was Feenas day and she could be as girly and silly as she wanted!

Ben felt Darrons signature approach him and Ben stood from his seat to greet his friend. He was dressed nicely, but immediately, he got onto Ben for wearing his robes. He smiled and cocked his head back in a mock defeat, he knew he was going to give him flack for it. Ben was a Jedi through and through, he would make it known everywhere he went, but apparently even his most ornate robes were not enough for Darron. Who, admittedly, was looking rather dashing in his tuxedo. "Should I be wearing extremely tight tuxedos like yourself then?" He chuckled as he gave Darron a pat on the shoulder. "This is normal for me, these were the fanciest robes the Jedi had to offer, I fail to see how you dislike them. As for a date, Darron, you should know by now that I am not one to date. I have no qualms with it, but it is not easy to find someone who could understand my work. Long hours, always in danger, and my boss is a real pain."

Dressed in his best robes, which admittedly were the only ones that weren't tattered and/or burned, Padak stood in the hall the ceremony was to take place in. He was glad he could make it, asa marriage wasa happy day, and he was glad to be invited. He felt the Force, full of the joy of the day, and the happiness of the guests. It was full of enough good emotion to bring a smile to his face.

He wandered the hall, chatting with people here and there. He spotted @[member="Darron Wraith"] , who was talking with @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] and @[member="Ben Watts"] . Taking his time, he walked over, and was surprised to see his former Master in a tux, a seemeingly ill fitting one at that. He made a quick bow of respect to the two Masters and senior Knight. He smiled. "What in the name of the Force are you wearing Master? It looks like they painted it on you!"

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton couldn't decide on wearing on a tuxedo or the more traditional Jedi Robe, so he got a tailor and told them he wanted both. The combination the tailor came up with was a normal charcoal tuxedo that instead of a jacket, had a sort of sport's coat-jedi robe combo. He walked over to his friends from Adamant Company @[member="Ben Watts"] and @[member="Darron Wraith"].

"I must say, I didn't forsee us taking on this sort of adventure."

Turning to regard Padak and Jaxton, the GrandMaster chuckled as his attire seemed to be the topic of discussion.

"Well, apparently they wanted to show off what Jedi training can do. I don't now, that and we are part of the government and need to dress accordingly at times." Looking to Ben for some help, he laughed at himself some more. "Truth be told my friend, I wish I were wearing robes. It is a special day for Jedi Master Feena though, so I will play by her rules. She requested we dress formal...you might incur her wrath." Sarcasm dripped from his words, they all knew their fellow Council member wouldn't mind. She was just happy to be getting married, and getting to share this moment of supreme happiness with everyone. It was a moment everyone wanted, but today was her day.

You and Rosa could have this. A voice whispered in his head, and he firmly ignored it while turning to Jaxton.

"No, this isn't our usual fair. Where is Seroth? I figured all of Adamant Company would show. Is he off in the woods or some uninhabited planet playing ranger?" Another round of laughter, no their brother in arms was here. He was Darron's personal protector after all, and the one holding the GrandMaster's sabers after all. Turning to Padak, Darron continued. "So, how have you been my former Padawan?"

He waited and listened intently until he felt a familiar empathy hit him. "Excuse me everyone, I'll be right back." Making haste he rose, and went to the one he felt. This time he simply smiled at those wishing to talk as he crossed the distance, and within seconds his eyes were upon her. Wow, that dress is amazing. The thought was the honest truth as he noted how beautiful Rosa Mazhar was with her hair down, and her lithe form was quite the sight to behold in that dress. His soul soared at seeing his other half, and it was a reminder of the box in his pocket. Not today Darron, this is Feena's day. He chided himself briefly as he stopped right before her, taking Rosa's hand.

"You look quite beautiful Jedi Knight Mazhar, if I may call you Rosa?" His tone was formal, as his eyes beamed at her. The traces of a frown grew on her face, and he quickly decided to drop the ruse. Who cares who sees, the code has been changed.

So instead of waiting for a reply, and knowing Seroth was approaching. Darron Wraith, GrandMaster of the Jedi Order, took Rosa in his arms and kissed her quite passionately in front of god and everyone in the chapel as everyone began to get seated.

@[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Padak Arciso"]

He came in a simplified two-piece dress suit of black satin, slacks upheld by a thin belt buckled with faux-silver and cufflinks glinting with rhinestones. It stank of pretention unbecoming of his humble nature, but Darron Wraith's communique had been exacting. Specific. A wedding, a reception, a dinner and possibly dancing. 'Dress for romance,' was the wording. So the boy funneled what little he held in saved funding and spoiled on an appropriate mode of dress. His shoes clacked on the polished marble-and-slate flooring, cut in perfect diamond patterns that extended from wall to wall. A velveteen stripe of ripe, red carpeting extended from an alter sculpted of white, silvertine wood. Some off world import grain, Seroth guessed, noting the immaculate carving. Grey pillars in the Falleen style extended high, wreathed in arraigned flowering, trailing wordless, sky-blue banners twixt their long spaces. The air was scented with a half-dozen perfumes the lad couldn't name off-hand.

...And so very true to form, quite in the mood for an evening of swooning, was Master Wraith and Master Mazhar. Lips locked in a fierce exchange of their own unsaid vows.

"...Salutations," Seroth said in his gentle baritone, skirting past.

Stiffened gait relaxing beside Master's Watts and Ravos, Codename Scimitar of Adamant Company sighed. Calloused hands ran through his slicked hair, styled back into a tight pony tail, though errant bangs still swayed across his sweating brow. "...Ceremonies aren't my calling, friends. Even for generous patrons, so Darron was want to tell me. ...Strange, when we're not all kitted out for the usual dangers."

@[member="Feena"]

"Thanks, I'm going to have to try that next time." There would be an event coming up sooner or later that she was to attend with her husband so she would give it a wirl herself at that time. "My wedding tip of the day is just to breath. Once you get to the alter you'll see him and realize everything is alright. Everything will be alright with him by your side." If she was remembering correctly ceremonies didn't last very long anyway but she couldn't remember that part really. Kalia had been totally focused on him, lost in his eyes as always.

"The reception is where the real fun is anyway after you get married anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom