Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Baka Battle Bodyglove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

a1aa48c589775384c49c1211307fc3dc.jpg

Image Source: Pinterest

Intent: To make an enhanced variant of the Baka model for use of certain Daemon members...
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn Inc,
Model: Baka Battle Bodyglove
Affiliation: Daemon Family
Modularity: NA
Production: Unique

Material: Baka Bodyglove, Cortosis, Phrik, Pyronium

Classification: Anti-Kinetic, Anti-Plasma, Anti-Ballistic
Weight: 9.1 kg
Quality: 8
  • Ballistic: 6
  • Plasma: 8.5
  • Kinetic: 10
Special Features:
  • Lightsaber/Blaster/Ballistic Resistance
  • Kinetic Absorption
Description: Damien, per his hidden title of assistant owner to Merr-Sonn Inc, took the make of Baka Bodyglove, and had it changed into a more durable suit of armor for himself, daughters, or wife, depending on whom needed such.

The suit houses a normal Baka suit, with plates attached to the outer leather to make it capable of taking real damage. It is not immune to any new additives such as it was to Kinetic damage, but it is more than useful against certain attacks. Lightsaber strikes, or blaster fire, are able to be taken a few precise points before the damage to the suit becomes a bit to much.

Lightsabers can not handle sustained contact, but blows are able to be met at a few times, no more. Same with other forms of damage.

The suits themselves are taking of the base origins, with minor sheeting of the Cortosis, Phrik, and Pyronium in layers. As well, while Pyronium is capable of energy absorption, ballistics will puncture easily. The Phrik and Cortosis will both protect against separate uses, Phrik ballistic or plasma, and Cortosis the Plasma.

Items Salvaged:
Demon Armor
Hunter Armor
Ninjarmor
Zaiden's Cybernetic Arm

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Matreya

I am confused. The rules to the factory literally says that salvaging erases all need for the dev threads. Yet I need more??

Any player with submissions containing restricted materials may recycle those materials for new submissions. The purpose of these rules is to bypass development threads by destroying old submissions you no longer use for new submissions who use the same materials.*
5. The salvaged submission must be linked in the new submission and will serve the function of the required development thread for the restricted material.
So what portion is requiring more???
[member="Suravi Teigra"]

[member="Fos Misao"]

Any player with submissions containing restricted materials may recycle those materials for new submissions. The purpose of these rules is to bypass development threads by destroying old submissions you no longer use for new submissions who use the same materials.*

*New restricted materials added to these new submissions will require additional development threads.
Some of the materials you used in subs with no listed development threads (three out of four) are now restricted. I'll accept the mining thread for the cortosis component, but you'll need dev threads for the pyronium and phrik (you can't downgrade the phrik to phrikite ore).

5. Salvaging will always cause the new submission to drop one level of production, but the new submission will not drop below the level of Unique.
All of those previous subs fall under unique, but you're trying to create a new semi-unique production. Your submission is not eligible for the salvaging process unless its production level is downgraded to unique.

http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/the-factory/salvaging-rules-r41

Matreya

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

These are items specifically made prior to the installation of the required dev sets for the restricted materials. During a time when it wasn't needed. This, combined with the salvaging rules, states that they should indeed count.

The wording states, as you yourself quoted, that they are used in place of the deving process. The new bit, as clearly stated, is for the new subs. I am not adding anything not already in those stated - in fact I'm leaving Laminanium out! So that is still completely within bounds.

I had not noticed the issue with the Unique to Semi, to which I should have; thanks for clearing that up. I will be editing it down to the unique it is to be.

That being said, other than that, I see no issues with what I have subbed. Do you?

Matreya

Edited in the singular unit, amongst a few others. One being I had not even included a weight at all. Plus I added the over all quality, and edited the plasma as i hadnt intended for that to be so low to begin with.

[member="Fos Misao"]

While your old submissions were grandfathered in their current form, I am not satisfied with the zero amount of development that went into most of those subs as you attempt to salvage them for new armor using three different restricted materials. You can either provide me with the development threads that I'm requesting for the use of the phrik and pyronium, or proceed without the materials. If you still disagree with my judgement, then you are free to request a second chance.

Matreya

For the base of this sub, the bodyglove, i did several thousand words, combined with over a dozen threads of use per each of the suits, and well above for the Demon and the Arm, I am thoroughly feeling the effort for this is there. As well, per the usage of the rules, there was no mentioning requiring more effort through a combination effort.

To which i feel should be edited to be known if is the case.

That being said, yes, i will take a second chance - I believe to be the first of all the subs i have done in the past.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

Edit:

To clarify:
The Demon suit was used in approximately 75 percent of every thread i did as my alt Zaiden which was active - in the top posters positions - for several years. The arm was added about a quarter into his life then was added onto about half, before being removed about a year ago. Basically those items were used in nearly every thread i did with an active character for a year minimum.

The Hunter less, but still there, and the ninjarmor was the one most used after the decline of use for the Demon. Being in battles against the likes of Jorus Merrill and Mia Monroe etcetera.

These arent simply grandfathered items - at least not in my opinion.

Fos Misao said:
For the base of this sub, the bodyglove, i did several thousand words, combined with over a dozen threads of use per each of the suits, and well above for the Demon and the Arm, I am thoroughly feeling the effort for this is there. As well, per the usage of the rules, there was no mentioning requiring more effort through a combination effort.

To which i feel should be edited to be known if is the case.

That being said, yes, i will take a second chance - I believe to be the first of all the subs i have done in the past.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

Edit:
To clarify:
The Demon suit was used in approximately 75 percent of every thread i did as my alt Zaiden which was active - in the top posters positions - for several years. The arm was added about a quarter into his life then was added onto about half, before being removed about a year ago. Basically those items were used in nearly every thread i did with an active character for a year minimum.

The Hunter less, but still there, and the ninjarmor was the one most used after the decline of use for the Demon. Being in battles against the likes of Jorus Merrill and Mia Monroe etcetera.

These arent simply grandfathered items - at least not in my opinion.
If you would like to second chance this submission, as you have noted above, then please post a request in the second chance thread in the Factory Information subforum (linked here). This submission is, until that point, being archived.

CHANGED:

Fos Misao said:
Primary Source: Demon Armor Hunter Armor Ninjarmor Zaiden's Cybernetic Arm
"Primary Source" to "Items Salvaged". These items are permanently destroyed and may not be used in role-plays. They have been properly marked as such.

Reminder
That this suit is Unique and only one Family member can use it at a time. If Aunt Betty's taking a lot of a fire, assign it to her and let her tank.

Reminder
To not argue with Factory Judges, even if you think you're right. The proper process is to Second Chance, and then if you continue to feel like you're being grieved by the Factory, to appeal to an Administrator.

I should deny this on that principle alone, but I want everyone to have their scooby snacks.

Reminder
I don't usually post the whole "abuse and we'll deny" thing, but - this armor's pretty OP and is probably going to get reported. If it does, and you're found misusing it, the Factory Admin is going to deny it. Treat your scooby snacks as part of the story, not methods to win with!

I guarantee you you'll win more points by having some funny, odd random events happen while you're in this armor than you would if you just 'LOLnope' every hit. Try to evolve as a writer rather than spending time hunting for old submissions from 2013/2014 so you can be lazy.

Seriously, most of those old subs are pretty garbage, I know you're aware of this. Will you look back on this submission and think that you're proud of the work you put into it, or will you look more forward to the fact that you just gamed the system for 3 fictional materials that hold no weight in the end game?

Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom