Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bad Ideas

H9JKu8a.jpg

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Outfit: xxx
“Okay, Hollis… focus,she whispered to herself.

Master Nemore had left Hollis alone in a meditation chamber with the expectation that she… meditate. It was a task that was much easier said than done, at least for Hollis.

Her body was sore from the rather rigorous training Master Nemore had been subjecting her to. As she sat on the hard floor, she wished that she was sitting somewhere comfortable and plush instead. As if the aches and pain weren’t enough to steal her focus, there was something else… Since he left for Ilum, she’d been having such a difficult time keeping her thoughts from wandering to Justice Lesan. She missed him.

And she was worried about him.

And she couldn’t wait to see him when he returned.

And she really wanted to kiss him.

No, no, no… focus! Hollis squeezed her eyes closed. Drawing a deep breath, she attempted to quiet her mind, to concentrate on any blank spot she could find between her many thoughts. Master Nemore had been telling her to try and expand the quiet in her mind. It was still an area that she struggled in. Reaching out with the force, a focus crystal floated from the edge of the room to her waiting hand.

The use of focus crystals had been helpful. It was something concrete to draw upon, and the enhanced connection with the force was a huge advantage, especially for someone still learning how it all worked. Hollis was still attending all of the general training with other padawans, but her sessions with Master Nemore had seen a lot of progress being made… even in only a week’s time. Hollis sometimes cursed her master’s military style drills, but the results were encouraging.

Eventually, Hollis' mind would find quiet as she fell into a meditative state. There was an incentive, however, maybe Master Nemore would let her wrap up a bit early today if she did well.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Ilum had been an interesting venture. Justice had made some bad choices when it came to going after the tank itself. Perhaps things would have turned out a little better had he not put himself on top of the tank itself. For the most part he had been outnumbered, and the small contingent of air support had been the only reason his promise to Hollis was one he could keep. This time he was home safe, in one piece, and without injury.​
The moment his ship touched down in the hangar bay the younger Lesan searched for where Hollis was hiding. He did his best to conceal his presence because he wanted to surprise her. Maybe it was a bad idea, but it was the best he had. Going to war was not the kind of trip that you brought a souvenir home to give to your girlfriend. Or, it was exactly that, but ice melted, and Hollis already had a crystal.​
He ran through the halls on his way to the meditation center. It was an odd place for her to be considering she had a hard time focusing, but her aura seemed to be at peace. He grinned thinking about that. Since they were Jedi, Justice knew they would not always get to spend every moment together, and different missions would send them in different directions. They were going to have to learn to find their peace in difficult situations.​
Justice did his best to open the door without disturbing her. She was using a focusing crystal which explained why she was likely able to find her center. He was feeling a little playful, and would likely get in trouble for what he was about to do, but the Lesan in him could not help it.​
With his mind the padawan reached out and began to pluck the crystal from her hands. As he did, Justice allowed his presence to wash over her in a rather familiar way. Hollis was not the only one that wanted to kiss the other, and some of his intent and desire may have come across as they connected once more. Their bond had grown since the day they met on Tython, and it would not be long before there was not anything he could hide from her. Surprises would be harder to come by, and this was his chance to capitalize on it.​
A bit of her own unfocused thoughts pressed against his mind. Justice blushed and chuckled as he drew closer.​
“So about that kiss?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

As Hollis continued to focus, she let her force presence flow into the crystal. It gave off a warm glow that she couldn't see because her eyes were closed, but she could feel it. She let this feeling be her guide, her breaths becoming deep and peaceful. Falling into the open space of an empty mind was odd, almost like floating. Hollis knew she wasn't really floating because she could still feel the hard floor beneath her.

Something gave her the very slightest pause. However, she dismissed it right away. Don't get distracted. But then, the crystal she was cradling in her palms lifted up and away. Just before she opened her eyes, she realized why. Justice Lesan. His presence washed over her, and she opened her eyes to find that he was in the meditation chamber. So, it wasn't a trick... well, it was... but he was actually back!

"Just!" Hollis said, instantly leaping to her feet as he crossed the room. Her mind was already swimming with thoughts – and impressions. A moment later, she had her arms wrapped around him in a rather tight hug. "I missed you," she said, tilting her chin up to fix him in a fond gaze. "You're okay right? You're not hurt, are you?"

"So about that kiss?"

Her cheeks flushed noticeably. Had he seen what was in her thoughts? No, he'd felt it. Just like she'd felt his intentions, too. Smiling, she moved her arms up around his shoulders and lifted herself up slightly to meet his lips.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

The kiss had been everything Justice had hoped for. Whatever emotion the two felt for each other, and how much they had been missed, was encapsulated in that one kiss. Hollis’ cheeks had flushed red at his question, but he would not have had it any other way. The pair had certainly gotten their fair share of kissing in before he left, but that did not make it any less new or exciting for them both.

Hopefully that never changed.

“Not hurt, not even a scratch this time,” he said with a wide smile.

He reached to the cord around his neck, the one which held the crystal she had given him. Part of him wanted to keep it, but the crystal was meant to be for her lightsaber. Justice could not keep that from her. It was enough to be holding her in his arms. She was soft, but not too soft. Justice could not help but kiss her again as he slipped the crystal back into her hand.

The force swirled around them, and Justice chose to lean into it. He could have let it go, but everything seemed better when the force was with them. A smile was still stretched across his face when the kiss finally ended.

“Alright so you have to tell me what you’re doing in a meditation chamber. You actually seemed like you were able to focus, too.”

His arms wrapped around her again as a playful grin pulled at his lips.

“So you able to ditch or you gotta stay?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

The moment their lips first touched, Hollis felt her heart grow warm. And the warmth seemed to spread throughout her body – and the force. In that moment, wrapped in his embrace, everything felt right again. When it broke, Hollis found herself staring up into his eyes and definitely getting a bit lost there in his gaze.

She snapped out of it when he confirmed that he hadn't been injured. Hollis felt like she could finally take a deep breath, relieved. "I'm so glad," she murmured softly.

Their lips met again, and Hollis felt his palm pressed to hers. As the force wrapped around them, she felt his presence melding with her own. It was a sense of closeness like nothing she'd ever felt before. When the kiss broke again, she let out a small breath. She matched his smile with one of her own.

Hollis chuckled softly when he asked about why she was in a meditation chamber. And she opened her mouth to respond –

"She's supposed to be meditating," came the voice of her master, Melfina Nemore. The woman clad in white robes approached the young couple, her eyes ignored her padawan and focused hawk-like on the young man. "That's what this place is for, is it not?"

"M-master!" Hollis stammered and separated herself from Justice's embrace, her head bowed a bit sheepishly. "I, ah... sorry." Oh no. Exactly when had Master Nemore entered the room? How much had she... seen?

She'd seen it all -- the kiss, the embrace. Melfina spared Hollis a small, reproachful glance... but returned her attention to Justice. "So, you're the reason my new padawan is always so distracted?" Yes. This was the presence she'd sensed around Hollis when they'd first met – it'd been faint, distant... but definitely there. Now she understood.

"Padawan Orenn is about to be sent on her first mission. Therefore, ditching is not an option."

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Caught red handed… or completely lip locked…

Justice stepped back and turned his attention to Hollis’ master. That was a new development since he had been gone, or he had just been so busy getting ready to leave he had not put it together that she found a master or one found her. Just cleared his throat. On one hand it was nice to know he was a distracting thought for Hollis, but on the other he could tell her master was not happy about it.

“A mission, sounds fun.”

He did not know whether he wanted try and make nice with the woman or give him a piece of his mind. At least there needed to be an introduction.

“Justice Lesan,” he said offering his hand to shake.

Any of the masters would instantly recognize the last name. Justice was the fourth Lesan to go through the Jedi in some capacity. Of the four Jaron had been the only to go dark. There seemed to be one in every family, and fortunately Justice did not have to be it. Whether her knowing the last name would be a good thing or bad thing depended on what she thought of Judah. That opinion was on Justice could guess.

“I’m sorry. I just got back from Ilum, and I just really wanted to see Hollis. I didn’t know she had a master yet.”

Just looked down. He was still not the confident personality that his friend Bri seemed to always exemplify. There was a nervous look on his face as he looked apologetic. He waited to hear some kind of affirmation or the inevitable “get lost.” Whatever it was she decided to tell him, Justice was more than certain she did not like him at all.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

As her new master turned her attention to Justice, Hollis felt her cheeks burning. Of course, she didn't want to make a bad impression in front of Master Nemore – who had been training her less than a week. But more than that, she really didn't want Justice to get in trouble for coming to see her. Hollis felt her lips parting to speak, but Justice stepped up to introduce himself.

Hollis watched the interaction between her boyfriend and her master, her breath held tight.

Melfina reached out and gave the young man's hand a firm shake. "Lesan," she echoed. "I know the name." The slightest smirk formed briefly, before fading back to a tight-lipped expression. A brow arched when he mentioned Ilum. She'd been itching to jump back into battle, but she'd settled on the idea of 'retirement'. The fact he'd been there endeared him to her somewhat – not that she'd let it show.

Her eyes flickered back to Hollis. As she was learning, her padawan's nervous nature held her back. And though she'd thought it best to throw her to the wolves, so to speak... she knew that it wouldn't be a good thing if her padawan perished on her first mission. This... Lesan boy would likely have a protective instinct. But if their relationship was as Melfina suspected, they'd need to learn some hard lessons.

"This once, I will permit you to accompany Padawan Orenn – if you'd like – as moral support. You're not to interfere unless the situation becomes dire." Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see Hollis brighten. "Hollis..." she said, turning to her padawan. "This is your mission. You're not to rely on him. He won't always be there." She handed Hollis a datapad that would detail the mission. "You may go."

Hollis nodded as she took the datapad and glanced to Justice. His presence had come to mean safety and comfort. After all, on Tython he'd been her soft place to land – literally. "I understand." She bowed slightly before reaching for Justice's hand and moving for the door. Hollis couldn't get out of that room fast enough.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Justice had no idea if the smirk on the woman’s face was a good thing or a bad thing. All he knew was that he was quickly relieved when it seemed she would be permitting him to go on the mission with Hollis. He was going as an observer only.

That was going to be hard.

It was not that Justice could not stay out of it. He just really wanted Hollis to succeed, and it was in his nature not just to protect those he was close to, but to help them as well. Briana had been a good example, his missing arm was not just out of protection, but because he had been dumb enough to go with her to help.

He nodded.

“I will do my best.”

It was all he could promise.

Relief washed over him when Hollis did not delay in pulling him out of the room. They started moving toward Hollis’ quarters so that she could prepare for whatever it was on the datapad. Justice was rather curious as to what they were up to. The way Hollis’ master carried herself, she seemed military. That would be fitting for Hollis considering her former aspirations to be a handmaiden during her past life on Naboo.

Just squeezed her hand and pulled them to a stand still for a moment.

“What’s on that datapad, hmm?”

Curious minds just had to know.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Once they were out in the corridor and the door closed behind them, Hollis finally breathed a sigh of relief. The excitement of having Justice accompany her on the mission was tempered some by the realization that Master Nemore was right – he wouldn't always be there. But he'd be there this time, so Hollis decided to revel in that fact.

Hand still clasped in his, she walked down the hallways that led to her quarters – until she felt Justice squeeze her hand and gently pull her aside. "Datapad?" she asked, then remembered it was in her hand. "Oh, right – here." Hollis held it between them, allowing him to read, too.

On the screen, it said:

"Padawan Orenn – you are to set a course for Tepasi and proceed to the coordinates listed below. A rural community near the mountains is having issues with a predator. They have reported livestock being taken in the night, and they are worried that attacks will escalate. Find the source and eliminate it."

She blinked hard. They hadn't even left Coruscant yet and her confidence was already waning. This was real. She was going to have to solve a problem. Could she do it? It'd only been a week since she started training with Master Nemore. This was... intense. Her worried eyes shifted up to Justice. "H-how do I even do this? How would I... without you here?" Hollis moved close to him and let her head rest against his shoulder.

"She expects me to just... know how to do this? How do we even get there? I can't fly yet."

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Hollis was having a genuine panic attack of sorts. Looking at the datapad made the mission seem pretty straight forward. Justice knew exactly what it was that he would do in this situation. He wanted to tell her what to do, but there was no way he was going to immediately disobey the instructions from her master. She had made it clear, this was Hollis’ mission.

“You’ll be fine,” he said while pressing a kiss to Holli’s forehead. “It is simple. Figure out what is causing the problem and get rid of it. You already know where to start.”

Justice was trying to reassure her, but was not sure if the brunette saw it his way. She seemed to be freaking out about the fact she could not even pilot ship. That caused a smirk to pull at Justice’s lips.

“But I can.”

He nodded.

“I can even teach you on the way. Your master did not say anything about not flying you there, or teaching you a new skill in the process. She just told me you were in charge and you had to do it. If you can’t pilot a ship… you could ask me to take you.”

It was a technicality, Justice knew it, but he did not care. A good Jedi knew when to exploit technicalities and when to ignore them. In this case it was to Hollis’ advantage to take advantage of it, and Just was quick to point that out.

He motioned with his head toward Hollis’ quarters.

“Why don’t you get what you think you’re going to need, and I will head over to my ship and get it ready. Meet me there when you’re set.”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

The words of reassurance and the kiss against her forehead were like a soothing balm. Hollis let everything sink in, and she drew a deep breath. She'd let the panic get to her – and she was a little embarrassed that he'd witnessed her nervous outburst. Yes, they were a couple now... but they were still new. And she'd hoped it would be a little longer before he saw her full on panic.

She caught the smirk on his lips, and her eyes widened slightly. "I mean, yeah... she didn't actually say I couldn't ask for help." Nodding as he said to meet him at his ship, Hollis smiled too. "I have the best boyfriend," she said and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before continuing on towards her dorm.

Back at her quarters, Hollis packed a few things: a spare change of clothes, Just's old training saber, and the blaster pistol that Master Nemore gave her. Unfortunately, she hadn't gotten in much target practice... so, she wasn't as sure it'd be as helpful as her master thought it'd be. Hollis placed the crystal back around her neck and realized that she hadn't given the ring back yet. Her hand lingered there for a moment. Hollis smiled.

Just like before, she let her senses guide her to Justice's ship.

Only this time, she was feeling much better. "Thanks for coming with me," she said as she approached. A touch of worry had found her, especially after she realized that Just and his ship had only touched down from Ilum. "Are you tired?" she asked, wanting to make sure he really was alright. "You'll have to fill me in on what happened while you were away."

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
Wearing: xxx​
Arm: xxx​
Hollis would have found Justice sitting in the pilot seat of his ship when she finally arrived. His eyes may or may not have been closed. Justice certainly would not have recalled. She must have noticed because she asked if he was tired to which Just did what any man in his situation would have done.​
He fibbed.​
The dangerous part about being dishonest was that his bond with Hollis was getting deeper. She undoubtedly felt he was tired and could have guessed his was not being forthright in his response. It would not have taken much to know just by looking at the padawan. Having the bond they shared had to have made it obvious.​
"I'm fine."
He really wasn't, but he could always sleep on the way.​
Just jumped out of the chair and patted the seat.​
"You're flying," he said with a smirk. "And before you say no, I'll be right behind you to help with take off, and get us clear of the major traffic."
There was a determined look in his eyes. He was not going to take no for an answer. The real question was how much was Hollis going to protest, and what was his stubbornness going to cost him if he did not relent. She was calling him her boyfriend now, that meant something. He had not missed the comment earlier, but it was the first time either of them had used a title for what they were.​
"My girlfriend is gonna learn how to fly."
He hoped that would help to smooth over whatever tension could arise from his insistence. It was a skill Hollis needed to have, and with the Force helping her she would pick it up a lot faster than she thought. Besides, Just wanted to be there when she realized she could do something. He wanted to help her become more confident.​
"...and after a bit I'll turn on the auto-pilot and get some sleep… I promise."
Okay so he was going to be honest after all. It was typically the best policy anyway.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis' gaze softened as Justice said he was fine. Of course, she could tell otherwise – he looked worn out, and there was a feeling she had. He was saying it for her benefit, she knew. But before she could even protest, he was out of the pilot's chair and inviting her to sit.

"Me?" she asked, her voice came out a bit higher pitched than she'd intended. "Erm, if you're sure... then," Hollis stammered. He looked rather intent on her trying, and Hollis knew that she needed to learn how to fly. She was more or less resigned to her fate and gingerly settled into the pilot's chair. But a bit of her brightness returned when he called her his girlfriend.

It was funny how a simple word could meant so much.

And how much it could make her blush, even though she had called him her boyfriend just a bit earlier. She turned in her seat to look over her shoulder at Justice as he promised to get some sleep once they were set up on auto-pilot. Even though he was visibly tired... he was still cute.

She smiled and nodded.

"Okay," Hollis said, drawing a deep breath as she turned forward again. "So, what do I need to do?"

A bit of excitement had replaced some of her anxiety, mostly because Justice was there.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Was it a lie if the intent was to keep someone he cared about from worrying? That was the question running through Justice’s mind as he moved behind the chair to let Hollis take her place. He knew it was wrong, but he did not want her worrying when she needed to be focused on her mission. They both knew she had a hard enough time staying focused as it was. Her look told him she knew better, and was happy she at least seemed okay with the fact he would take a nap after.

He waited until she was ready before figuring out where the best place to teach her from was. The seat back was a bit awkward to get around if he needed to take the throttle, but she was going to need a little help at first. Just leaned down and kissed her cheek before sliding into the co-pilot seat.

“Well, first are all the dials and stuff in front of you. For now… forget them. We’re just going to get used to controlling the ship.”

Justice smiled as he gripped the control yoke. He flipped a couple of switches to move the piloting control to his side.

“So left and right are like you are used to. Turn right, and the ship goes right, turn left, and the ship goes left. It’s up and down you gotta account for. Pull back to go up and push forward to go down.”

Justice demonstrated a few times before switching the controls back to Hollis.

“Okay, you try it.”

It was a lot, and he knew he was throwing her into the deep end. There was only one real way to learn. Simulators only went so far, but they were never like flying the real thing. No Jedi should learn on a simulation.

“Oh, yeah, also, trust the force. I know that sounds all Jedi Master and stuff, but I promise you, the force is not just for jumping.”

Hollis already knew that after a week with her new master, but the reference was more about how they met. Justice was not about to let her live down that she ran into him. He was glad she did.​

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

She smiled as Justice kissed her cheek, and she fixed him in a sidelong glance as he sat in the co-pilot's chair. Her eyes soon shifted to take in all of the dials and buttons and switches on the console... until he said to ignore them. Hollis nodded. "Just the controls," she said, watching as he demonstrated.

Hollis laughed softly when he mentioned using the force. She glanced at him fondly and gave him a playful nudge on the shoulder. She was glad that she'd crashed into him, too. Now... she only hoped she'd avoid crashing the ship.

Her hands hovered, mimicking the movements for left and right. Okay, yes, that was easy enough. Oh, it was her turn to try it now. Hollis swallowed hard, but gripped the yoke like he'd shown her. Her movements were small, tentative, and likely wouldn't have actually done much.

For a moment, she imagined that she was getting ready to lift off.

Gently, she pulled back on the yoke. The engines weren't even on yet, and Hollis was already feeling intimidated. Probably a lot of this depended on doing – getting a feel for it. Nerves were setting in again. "Just..." she said. "I-I don't know about this. Can't I just watch how you do it?"

She looked at him with wide eyes, lashes fluttering slightly. Was she trying to tempt him into taking over? Maybe. But she had a sinking feeling it wasn't going to work this time.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

She was nervous. Justice could tell. In the same way she had a feeling that he was tired, Justice could almost feel the anxious thoughts and emotions as if they were his own. It was odd. He knew they were not his, but at the same time they were. The thought made him smile especially as he thought about what that might mean for other feelings and sensations as their bond deepened. It also scared him, if he were asked to be honest. How would such a deep bond impact them if something were to happen to the other?

Just chuckled as she batted her lashes at him, suggesting he should just take over and get them away from the planet. He shook his head. Hollis needed to learn, and the only way she was going to gain any confidence was by trying and succeeding. Justice at least was sensitive to the fact this was likely her first time attempting take off, so he got up from his seat and came in behind her.

It was awkward, but he managed to reach around the brunette and wrap his hands around hers as they held onto the control yoke.

“I’ll do it with you.”

He offered a smile and then flipped on the engines.

“You didn’t think we were going anywhere with the engines off did you?”

A small chuckle escaped his lips as Justice made sure everything was ready for take off. He paid attention to all the displays so Hollis did not have to, pointing to several as he explained what they were for, and why they were important. When everything was in order Justice pointed to the comm.

“Radio control and request permission to take off.”

When the control tower confirmed they were good to take off, Just began to pull back on the yoke slightly. He took Hollis’ right hand and flipped the take off thrusters on, and when he knew they were high enough off the ground, started to move the ship forward. Everything he did was slow until they were out of the hangar bay. Then with a good tug on the controls, Justice helped Hollis clear the atmosphere.

After a while he let go, and let Hollis feel what the ship was like on her own before heading back to the co-pilot seat. He took the yoke on his end to help steady the ship, allowing Hollis to feel a little at ease about whether she could control such a powerful vessel.

“Now that wasn’t so bad, was it?”

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis couldn't help but smile as Justice placed his hands over hers and helped guide her through the process. Now, with him so close to her, she was beginning to think it wasn't so bad. He flipped on the engines, and the rumble made her tense for a brief moment. However, she relaxed again and chuckled slightly at his teasing.

"Okay, engines on... got it."
Hollis even noted what to do for next time.

She listened as he explained the displays on the console. Hollis held her breath, and then glanced to the comm. Tapping the button, she spoke in a pleasant tone, "um, hello... we'd like permission to take off, please." Hollis figured it'd best to be polite, but refrained blurting 'if it's not too much trouble' or 'thanks very much, have a nice day.' The curt response came back, they had been granted permission.

His hands still wrapped her own, skillfully guiding the yoke and flipping switches. These motions were probably second nature to him, she mused. And Hollis had to force herself to focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by swooning. As they cleared the atmosphere, Hollis' eyes went a bit wide. Justice had pulled back on the yoke pretty hard – harder than she would have on her own.

But the sight that welcomed them into the sky was quite something.

"Wow," she said, a bit breathless. Hollis had never seen the clouds from this angle or the sky or the black that met them after. Now, there were stars all around them. True, she'd seen it from the passenger seat of transports before... but this was very different. The feeling of wonder seemed to spread, he'd feel it, too. And Hollis was so taken by it that she didn't notice him let go of her hands and return to the co-pilot's seat.

When he spoke again, she jumped slightly. "Not too bad," she confirmed, smiling. "Now, landing might be a different story..." Hollis really didn't want to crash and kill them both. "Okay, show me how to get to Tepasi – and then you can get some rest." She wasn't sure what she'd do while he slept, maybe she ought to stay here just to get used to things while the auto-pilot got them where they needed to go.

However, there was a longing to be close to him. She'd missed him while he was away.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Justice smiled when Hollis reacted to the view of the stars. It was more than worth the attempt of taking off on her own. Justice thought there was something more rewarding about the view when the work went into it. Maybe it was the Corellian in him, but Justice never got tired of the stars.

"Don't worry about landing yet. You definitely want to start on a simulator first. I just wanted you to realize you could do this pretty easily!"

Okay so maybe that was not something he should have admitted, maybe it was. Justice was still learning what he needed to keep to himself and what Hollis needed to know. Sure they were boyfriend and girlfriend, but the relationship was so new that there was no need to share everything. Yet, there was still the bond. If they were not honest with each other they would know.

She was insistent on getting him to rest. Just sighed a little, but he smiled. He was not used to having someone that cared about him in this way. His mother has not been around most of his life thus far, and he did not know his father. Uncle Judah was the only one of his family that checked in with him, and even that was nothing like the care he was feeling from Hollis.

He stood out of the co-pilot seat and showed Hollis how to enter the course. It looked as though it would take four hours to get to the planet, so plenty of time for sleep.

"Just flip that switch there and the auto-pilot will engage. The course is set."

He kissed Hollis' cheek again.

There was nothing he was going to say, other than what the kiss already did. She wanted him to go rest, and that was exactly what Just was going to do. He started to leave the cockpit, but as his hand touched the post of the doorway he stopped.

"You can join me if you want to," he said a little sheepishly.

They had already fallen asleep together on her sofa. Waking up with her next to him had been comforting. While Justice had said nothing about his fight, other than the fact he returned unharmed, there were things he knew he would see in his dreams. Justice suddenly did not want to be alone, not if he did not have to be.

"I… umm… it will be more comfortable than the sofa… I think."

GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png

Hollis let out a relieved breath. And a smile formed on her lips as she realized what Justice's plan had been. Her head canted to the side slightly, but the smile remained. Well, maybe his plan had worked after all, she didn't feel quite so nervous now. In fact, she was about to get cozy there in the pilot's chair.

Swiveling slightly, she watched him stand up. "This one here?" she asked, just to confirm which switch set the auto-pilot. Hollis leaned forward to get a better look at the console, and found Justice placing another kiss on her cheek. For some reason, her complexion went rosy.

A hand rose up and settled on her cheek, where Justice had kissed her. What was she doing again? Auto-pilot, right, Hollis reminded herself with a small chuckle. She was glad that he was going to get some rest, and she settled her back against the chair once more. Then, she turned to glance over her shoulder as he spoke from the doorway.

"Really?" Hollis brightened.

After double checking that she had indeed set the auto-pilot, she rose from her seat and joined him. She laughed softly when he mentioned the sofa... yes, her neck had been a little sore after waking up that time. But it had been well worth it.

"It's this way, right?" Hollis asked, arching her brows. But she took off down the corridor towards his quarters. She remembered from the tour he'd given her, even though they'd only paused outside the room. One thing Hollis was actually really good at was napping – she could be cozy and ready to have a quick sleep at almost any time. This time, however, she was excited to be close to Justice again...

Once they were at his door, she waited for him to open it – she didn't want to go bursting in. Well, she kinda did, but she refrained. He'd seen her messy quarters, but she'd yet to see his.

fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

It seemed that Hollis did not need a second invitation. Justice could sense the desire to be close even as she thought about it. They were both wanting the closeness they had felt before Ilum, except this time the young Padawan would not feel the need to run off and let Hollis sleep. It was her mission, and neither of them were running off to war, eve if Justice had a feeling this was not going to be a peaceful encounter.

She rushed ahead of him to his quarters, and Justice was glad she did not just run in. He grinned sheepishly as he pushed on ahead, and as she had done when he visited her room in the temple, Just did his best to pick up the mess on the floor.

The room itself was plain. There was little decoration to it. A bed, a sofa and a couple of chairs, and a set of drawers, were all the furniture he had. Most of the surfaces that were not meant for sitting or sleeping were covered in whatever artifacts Justice had recovered over the last few missions. It was not completely organized, but each artifact was properly labeled at least.

“Well this is my place,” he said trying to stuff a handful of clothes into the drawer. “Chit.” It would not close. “Just make yourself at home.”

He did not have the blankets or the floofy things that Hollis had on her couch, but the covers on his bed were warm. It did not take him long to make his way to the bed and allow his head to fall into the pillow he usually slept with. Justice sighed with relief and comfort as he sank into the comfort of familiar. For a moment he lost track of the fact Hollis was in the room with him.

He patted the bed.

“It’s soft, and clean… and well…”

Suddenly Just did not know what to say. He wanted to that he was in it, but that seemed cheesy. Anything else he could think to say was not something he wanted to say out loud. It was not hard at his age for his mind to run a thousand places of where things could go with his girlfriend in a bed. He might have been blushing. There was certainly heat in his cheeks.

“It’s nice.”

That seemed to sum it up.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom