Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bad Ideas

BAD IDEAS
Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Your target is the 'holocron' (fig. 3a) located within the archives, sector 9c-f on your map.

Within the bowels of the Jedi Temple, at the heart of the Galaxy, Millie was wondering whether she'd run out of luck. The long list of bad ideas seemed to keep growing, way too large for someone who was only... what, like 15?

I shouldn't have tried to steal that blaster from the port security chief.

I shouldn't have robbed that box from Rym.

I shouldn't have accepted strange jobs that take me halfway across the Galaxy for strange reasons and ridiculous money.

They'd approached her on Freehold, one fateful day. They'd heard she was one of the best and... well, they'd heard correctly. They'd flattered her, tempted her with the challenge and then they'd offered her enough money to choke a herd of bantha. Millie'd spent the whole trip over to Coruscant with credits flashing in her eyes, imagining the dope stuff she was going to blow her fortune on...

If she could get that stupid thing out of the Temple. And not die doing it.

Trouble was, Coruscant was like... a real planet, where real people lived and where there were real cops. Not to mention the Temple stuffed full of space monks that could probably turn her into jelly with their mind. Millie had to pause for a moment, her fingers twitching in the security internals. One wrong move there and she could bring the whole Temple down on her with an alert. Or y'know... fry herself to death. Both sounded bad.

"Yes!" Millie hissed in triumph as the circuitry yielded and the maintenance hatch slid open. Carefully, she eased herself down into the guts of the Temple, pulling her bag with her. According to the holo-schematics they'd given her, she wasn't far from the archives. Then she could get to work. Just a little bit more. A little bit further. Just let the crazy space people be all busy fighting a war.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Millie Millie

The X-Wing touched down onto the spaceport as Jax Thio lumbered from the cockpit already in a foul mood. BB-12 had been busy crying about how the nearest Pizza Palace had been shut down due to being destroyed by a protest against the Chancellor. As Jax had predicted, the recent failure of the Stygian Campaign combined with the Bryn being in civilized space left the Core Worlds on edge. It was already bad enough that Jax was fresh off multiple battles against not only the Bryn but one of the Galactic Alliance's Imperial allies. When was the last time Jax had a break? Who knows but right now, the Chancellor had recalled the senate asking for a voting session. From what Jax had gathered, this had infuriated the Shocktroopers and Generals who were upset with the Chancellors actions during their disastrous campaign against the Sith.

Soldiers were typically messy when it came to communication and it was easy for BB-12 to get a bead on what they were saying. The leaders were implying that they wanted to assassinate the Chancellor. Jax sighed allowing the Droids in the Spaceport to work with BB-12 who was still ranting and raving at the fact that he has to 30 minutes instead of 15 minutes to have the nearest Pizza place deliver the meal for him. Right now all that matters was preventing that assassination from happening. With the elections on the way, that would prove to be tricky due to many people gathering to see the debates. It will be some time before that happened though so Jax decided to head towards the Jedi Library to look up some information on where the next meeting should be. The coordinates that BB-12 picked up from the last tap didn't point to a specific location it sounded like they wanted this to be off the grid.

"Let's hope I'm not to late on this," Jax mumbled as he headed towards the Library.

BAD IDEAS
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Endless, spotless crawlspaces and vents beckoned. Millie slipped through them slowly, trying to minimise whatever noise she made. Luckily, she was built like a twig and weighed just about as much as one, so travelling through tunnels meant for droids and grown-ass adults was proving pretty decent. The little HUD in her vision flashed with a trail, leading her towards 'the Archives.' Whatever they were. A library with high opinions of itself, seemed like.

She moved past more and more locked openings until coming to the right one. With a little fizz and tug on the casing, she'd worked the controls open and forced the override, opening it up. Halfway up the wall in a strange room. It seemed pretty dark, with nothing but pale blue lighting coming from the shelves. Where there might've been books, or records, or whatever else... there were just cubes. Or prisms. Assorted shapes, in metals of all kinds, all illuminated in different blues and greens and turquoise.

Millie stared at them, vaguely aware of the whispers. Wordless, formless speech tickling in her mind, like it was at the back of her brain. She shivered. Was it really cold in there, or was it just her? The cubes seemed to want something. Which was stupid, because cubes were cubes... maybe it was some crazy Jedi thing. As she stared at them, she could've sworn that they were breathing...

Screw this. Where's the one I want?

Nervously, she stepped further down the rows and shelves, looking for one in particular that matched the picture. It only took her a moment. With a smirk of triumph, already imagining her payday, she reached out. Her fingers slipped around the cool metal as she pulled back, utterly failing to notice the system hooked up to the pad...

An alarm went off in the rest of the Library and archives. The main door locked tight with a firm click, as Millie turned in horror to see the maintenance hatch seal shut.

"Oh crap."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

latest

"Access galaxy map."

Jax's fingers moved as fast as it can as he sat down on a leather chair staring at the Holoterminal. He felt right at home in the Jedi Library it was basically a second home to him to the point where the clean up droids would often catch Jax sleeping in the Library. There was so much knowledge contained in the Jedi Library and Jax spent time reading mostly about the history of the Lightsaber and the many Lightsaber styles that were created. The Empire destroyed many books after the Clone Wars but the NJO recovered some of them as well as creating some new lore as well. As much as Jax felt tempted to go in and get lost in the chasm of books that surrounded him, he had some business to attend to namely finding the meeting.

The galaxy map popped up asking Jax which coordinates did he want to enter? Just as Jax was about to input the desired numbers, the alarm blared causing the many Jedi who were in the Library to look around confused. "What the frack?" Jax placed the piece of paper that had the coordinates on in his pocket while placing his hand on his Lightsaber. Already there were 4 Jedi Brutes running past Jax wielding their large Saberstaffs. "What's going on here?" Jax said to one of the Brutes.

"Security has detected a breach in the archives!" the Brute replied his voice more of a low growl before turning on his heel to head to the Archives.

"Wait the archives?!" Jax said running with the Brute. "I thought only Masters could access it using the Force?!"

"Well somebody managed to bypass it!" The Brute replied. "We have the suspect trapped! We're going to retrieve them!"

"I'm coming with ya!" Jax arrived at the archive door with the rest of Brutes as pulled out his Lightsaber. Normally he would let the Brutes do their job but the Jedi always wondered what was behind the archives. It contained knowledge from past Jedi Masters that were stored in the Holocrons he knew that much. Yet Jax yearned to hear the voices of Masters past and present and hear their words of wisdom. Maybe even learn secrets about Lightsaber combat that were long hidden "Right boys," the Jedi said. "Let's open this door."

Millie paced around the small vault, trying to work out a plan. She couldn't just be stuck there like this. There had to be a way out. There was always a way out. But her mind was still stuck out on Freehold, where every building was stacked on top of each other, run through with warrens and tunnels and vents. The Jedi Temple was one of the most secure places in the Galaxy, and it was only by skill and sheer dumb luck that she'd managed to get this far.

She could hear stomping outside as people assembled. It sounded ominous. Millie thought about putting the holocron back down on it's pad, but it seemed like too little, too late. For all she knew, it might explode. Looking around, she searched for anything. The shelves were too narrow to hide on but too embedded to climb up. The shaft was sealed. The doors covered. This looked to be it.

As the door hissed open and people flooded the room, she did the only sensible option. Her hands went straight up, palms facing them. The holocron fell, hitting the floor with a satisfying, metal CLANG. It left a dint in the flooring where the corner had struck it.

"Don't shoot!" she yelled, before she saw the staffs, "-stab, whatever! I'm unarmed!"

She stayed rooted on the spot, her eyes flicking from saberstaff to saberstaff, wondering how much she could get away with. They wouldn't hurt a kid, right?

"I'm just a kid!" she tried, hoping it might garner some kind of sympathy.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"What?!" The 4 Brutes who ignited their Saberstaffs as soon as the door opened were all dumbfounded that the thief was not some mastermind like Cad Bane was back during the Clone Wars nor were they some Sith Infiltrator. "Well what do you know?" a bemused smile came from Jax's face when he saw the thief to be a girl around the age of 15. She was a scrawny kid with chocolate brown eyes and brown hair that was tied tightly around the sides of head. The Holocron immediately fell from her grasp hitting the floor hard, Jax winced a bit seeing a valuable item be dropped like a rock like that. Using the force, Jax grabbed the Holocron the item floatoing towards his hand. He smiled as he heard whispers of the owner filling his mind, his body was shaking a bit from the power that was radiating from the Holocron.

"I'll take that," One of the Brutes snatched the Holocron from Jax's hand. The Jedi was distraught and disappointed, in just a few seconds Jax felt invigorated by the Holocron all the knowledge, all the power and now it was taken away from him never to be touched unless he was a master or a part of the Jedi Circle.

"Fine," Jax said crossing his arms. "I'll take care of the kid, you all clean up this chit." The Jedi pointed to the ceiling where the girl broke in. "You might start with the ceiling." he said. "You would think after break ins the Temple had because of they infiltrated the vents that you would reinforce the damn things."

The Brute snorted while casually tossing Jax some handcuffs in which he slapped it on to her wrists. "Come on kid," Jax said guiding her out of the vault. "I'm gonna bring you in for questioning but I have to admit though a kid your age to sneak inside a Jedi Temple and almost get away with stealing a prized is..... Impressive."

The guards flanked her, with their staffs and their glares and the strange looks in their eyes. But someone else entered after them. Someone who wasn't brandishing a deadly weapon towards her, and that instantly endeared him to her. He was tall, dark-haired and seemed to have a smile on his face. A thin, well-maintained stubble as well. He definitely looked like he cared about how he looked. She breathed out softly as she realised that, for the moment, she wasn't going to be stabbed through with a lightsaber.

As she lowered her hands, the cuffs snapped on over them. She felt them tighten round her wrists and frowned up at them all.
"Hey, not cool," she complained, "you guys are cops right? I don't talk to cops." She followed the man out of the vault, into the more open hallways of the archives themselves. Wincing a little at the sudden rush of actual light, as well as the attention of other people. Seemed like the alarm had caused quite a stir.

"Like seriously, you've gotta be three times my size, you don't need these," Millie complained, lifting her hands up with a metallic rattle. She looked around the place, seeing others staring at her. People in robes. Looking at her like she was some kind of freak. Millie scowled a little bit.

"Hey, have I got three heads or something?" she asked her captor, before frowning towards the others. "Why don't you take a holo?! It'll last longer!" Millie yelled towards the crowd, running her mouth off at everything she could. Wasn't much else to do, they'd probably throw her in some temple cell for what she did. That's if they didn't just take her head off with one of their laser swords.

She spied the hilt glinting off the man's belt.
"I've got one of those, y'know," she said casually. Like it was no big deal.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Well this girl seems to be rather chipper.

The moment they've exited the Jedi Library, she's done nothing more complain about being captured and the Jedi giving her awkward looks. Jax can almost feel the Brutes being relieved that she's his problem now much to Jax's annoyance. "She reminds of Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin ," Jax thought remembering his padawan. They were going to reunite soon and Jax was going to complete her training but for now he had to deal with this little brat.

"If I said yes, we Jedi are cops will that shut you up?" Jax said irritably as he felt the eyes of other Jedi looking at the two of them as he guided her to the interrogation room. Some younglings pointed at the girl whispering that she was the one who attempted to steal the Holocron. "For someone your age," Jax said. "You do have some skill infiltrating a place like the Jedi Temple."

The girl claimed that she had a Lightsaber like Jax's which made him chuckle a bit. "Really?" he said. "Steal it from some pawn shop from the lower levels of Coruscant?"

After what felt like a long walk, Jax placed the girl in one of the interrogation rooms raising his hands to remove the cuffs from her wrists. "All right," Jax said closing the door. "Have a seat kid."

"First things first," Jax said sitting down placing his feet on the table. "What's your name?"

For a space cop in a grimy robe, this guy didn't seem all that bad. He seemed to want her to shut up, which was too bad. Millie was always good at working out how to annoy people. It was part of her charm. That and, well, talking everyone's ear off.

"I mean, if you're a cop, which you are," she began, "I can still talk at you. Just not to you." It made total sense in her mind. She heard snatches of gossip around her, seeing some kids running around and stealing glances at her. Millie huffed a little more. "C'mon, it wasn't that hard. Everywhere's got an in, if you look hard enough." Really hadn't seemed like a big deal. She'd just known where to look. Always been lucky like that.

"No, I didn't steal it from Coruscant, I'm not from here," she replied, rolling her eyes like it was completely obvious. "And it's mine. I found it. I didn't bring it here though, duh." Just because if she'd had it, this guy woulda taken it from her. Not a chance that was happening.

Inside the interrogation room, with the cuffs off, she took a seat. Watching as he sat, placing his feet on the table, she did the same. Scuffed boots perched on the clean desk, hands behind her head, keeping that smile plastered on her face. Even though she was in a locked room, in the Jedi temple, explaining what the heck she'd been doing... she wouldn't let the fear show. There was always a way out. Always.

"Sure. My name's Millie. Just Millie, before you ask. Last names are for losers," she proclaimed, with all the cocky sureness that only a teenage thief could bring. "How about you?"

A little of her smile fell away, her stomach churning slightly. "You're not gonna throw me in a real jail, are ya?"

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

17340.jpg

"So Millie," Jax said taking out a small flask containing whiskey from his belt and taking a sip. "Interesting name and an interesting choice not to include your surname. Are you sure that last names suck or you never knew your last name? Don't worry I'm in the same boat as you as in not knowing who my family is. My surname was given to me by the Droids who found me on the steps near the Jedi Temple."

The Jedi took another sip of Whiskey before placing his feet off the metal table his eyes was still adjusting to bright light that illuminated from the white room. He hated the brightness but an old Jedi saying was the truth will always shine in the light but can the NJO NOT take the quote so damn literally? "Not from Coruscant," Jax said taking another sip. Whenever Jax did interrogations, he would usually drink to calm his nerves interrogations were never pretty even if the detained was a young girl. Even though Jax doesn't drink much these days as he used too, this was a habit that he struggled to break.

"You also got a lot of confidence in ya, that's something I respect," Jax continued smirking a bit at the girl. "Of course you need some confidence if you wanted to steal from actual Jedi. Or perhaps just plain stupidity but that's beside the point the name is Jax Thio Jedi Knight of the Galactic Alliance."

A normal Jedi would be alarmed that a girl managed to sneak in and almost steal a Holocron. However, Jax was impressed by her prowess it took intelligence, skill and perhaps she was guided by the Force. It was hard to detect it within the girl but there was one way to find out. "You're too young Millie," Jax said getting up and taking out a needle. "I'll try to convince the council to let you off with a warning if you do a few things. First I need to know who your client is. I can't imagine someone who is an orphan like you would be so willing to steal a Holocron because you were thrill seeking and second."

Using the force, Jax held Millie's arm in place and pricked her finger collecting a sample and placing it on a small container. The Jedi then took out his commlink to place the sample on to it. "Computer," Jax spoke into the commlink. "Analyze the Midi-chlorian count on this blood sample I'm sending to you."

After a few minutes, the computer responded. "The readings show that the subject's Midi-chlorian count exceeds the average of Force Sensitives." It said.

"Thank you," Jax said placing his commlink on his belt and took another sip of Whiskey.

"You have an unusual strength in the Force young Millie," Jax said. "In exchange of not going to jail, you have to stay here in the Jedi Temple in train in the ways of the Force and become a Jedi."

Millie's eyes narrowed further as he talked about her having no family. It was totally true, she didn't, but there were assumptions being made and she didn't like it. Plus, he was being clever. Clever people are tricky. Clever people are difficult. Clever people are hard to distract and scam. "You don't know anything about me," she fired back, trying to keep her thoughts hidden behind the cocky smirk.

When Jax asked about her client, she wondered if she could get away without mentioning. Handing over the deets would mark her. It'd mean watching her back, especially on Freehold. Buuuut, if the options were between that and jail, it wasn't much of a choice. With a sigh, she took off her HUD and slid it over, along with the small datapad it'd been linked to.
"I never met them in person. A 'contact' I usually get work from had some high-paying work from someone offworld. I never figured out who. Before this, they wanted spaceport IDs and security codes for Alliance starports." She shrugged, looking at the datapad. "Whatever info I was given is all on there."

But that wasn't the bad part. Suddenly, her hand was held down by... something, and he was pricking her finger. "Hey! Get off!" she called out, wrenching her hand back and sucking on the tiny mark on her finger. "You're stabbing me now, jeez." Shaking her head as Jax mentioned something about midicloaki-something. Jedi weirdness. Probably showed how likely she was to lie (very likely, you didn't need a test to figure that out.)

Then it came. A flurry of words. Force sensitives. The Force. Training. Jedi. The smile finally fell from Millie's face, too shocked to put on the front anymore. Her mouth opened, lips parting wordlessly. Her? A Jedi? What in the... how could they... what the f...

Millie laughed. She laughed and laughed and laughed.

"You cannot be serious. What? Me? No way, I'm not like, cut out for that. Your machine-y thing is wrong, I can't do that stuff. I'm like, a two-bit thief. I can't stay here," she told him, indicating around them both. "Can you imagine me here? I'm no-one, I'm not a Jedi. There's nothing... I'm not... there's just no way..."

Even as she tried to deny it, her memories tickled through. Remembering how she'd always found just the right spot. How she'd always managed to avoid the guards, or the security. How she'd known where that lightsaber was. How she'd known where the people were not in the Temple. How she'd heard the whispers in the archive.

"No. There's no way..." she repeated, her voice softer.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

In many ways Millie was like Jax, they hide their uncertainties behind a cocky grin and generally goes where the wind takes them. At the same for Millie there was a lot of untapped potential within her like Aveline she just didn't know it yet. "You're right I don't know you," Jax chuckled taking another sup of Whiskey. "I just know enough to paint a decent picture of you Millie. Based on your reaction I'm right on the money."

The old: "You don't know me." Song and dance. A lot of people often resort to this in order to deflect from the fact that they were easy to read. In fact many people especially in the Core Worlds were predictable. They were too used to routine and order that they often let their guard down to more subtle attempts launched by more Sidious actors. In Millie's she's a young girl who's not really good at hiding her emotions. Then again Jax met many adults who control their emotions the same way a gambling blows their money in a Casino.

Millie handed over her HUD and datapad, Jax took a brief look at it frowning. At first glance this seemed to come from the Coruscant Underground there were many people whom Jax fought over the years that used the same symbols that were embedded onto the Datapad. Millie's HUD would be very useful to track down any clients she might have had over her presumed years of being a thief. This is a treasure trove of information and something that BB-12 should check out. "I'll take this," he said. "In a few moments we can find out you who exactly contracted you to steal a Holocron."

In fact Jax had an idea on how to approach this, however he didn't want to reveal it to Millie until he was sure who the client was. It was then Jax fell silent when Millie was flabbergasted about her blood sample saying that she was a force sensitive. Jax can sense the inner turmoil within her trying to comprehend what she just listened to. However Jax could also sense that Millie the power within her, the force whispering in her mind. "The Force," Jax said walking over to Millie and placing his hand on her scrawny shoulder. "Exists in all living things, for some they can hear the Force's will through special cells called the Midi-Chlorians. They transmit the Force's will towards you Millie."

A smile formed on Jax's face. "Have you ever had those moments where you just know that there's something inside you guiding your actions. That you can see things before they happen."

Continuing to smile, Jax let go of Millie's shoulder. "It wasn't coincidence that bought you to this Temple and to me." he said. "The voices that you've heard when you picked up that Holocron, I have a feeling they told you that your place was here. The Force is strong with you Millie many people in this Temple felt like you. Like they were nobodies, hell you can put me in that category. I have no memory of my family as I said to you this name was given to me by a Droid who found me. But under the Force's will we are all equal."

Jax sighed staring at Millie. "Close your eyes Millie and quiet your mind," he said. "Concentrate and breathe what is the Force saying to you?"

Millie knew that she was special, but she was denial perhaps a basic meditative exercise would help her see.

Still in a state of shock, Millie didn't even shrug his hand off her shoulder. Blinking as she stared ahead, listening to the calm tones of Jax as he asked her about seeing things before they happened. And... well, yeah. She had. Staring at the desk, she thought back to all the times she'd seen something coming, before it'd really happened. When she'd 'predicted' things that'd happen, usually to her benefit. It wasn't that she felt guided, she just felt...

"Lucky," Millie muttered, completely unsure of it all. She wanted to say that he was talking total trash, but she couldn't deny what she knew. That's why she didn't tell Jax where to shove his meditation idea. He was weird and totally obsessed with the Force, but maybe there was something to that. Millie felt caught, not knowing whether she wanted it to be true or not. Things like that didn't happen to girls like her. So she closed her eyes. Closed her eyes and breathed slowly, trying to clear her head.

She felt pretty stupid, just sat there. With her eyes closed, she couldn't see Jax, but she could sense him. Hear his breaths. Feel his movement. A mental snapshot of the room around her, all stuff floating through her mind that she couldn't get rid of. Clearing her mind was proving to be the hardest part. The more she tried, the more the room lingered. She was on the verge of giving up when...

Huh. Beyond the room and the locked door, she could feel something there. Someone there. A few 'someone's in fact. The figures were completely new to her, unknown and hard to see. Their outlines fizzed and sparkled in colours that Millie never knew, more felt than seen. A tug in her stomach as she heard snatches of things around them, words and feelings grabbed from the air around them. Incredulity. Surprise. Annoyance.

"There are three people outside who want to talk to talk about me. One man, two women," Millie said, in a strange, serene tone, "they're worried about what I know. Who I know." The words flowed naturally, part instinct and part assumption. All wrapped up in one package. Her eyes opened again, staring right ahead. The door was sealed shut. There was no way of knowing it was true. Nobody could see out there.

"Maybe I'm wrong th-" Millie began to say, just as the door slid open firmly. An older Zabrak male stood, giving Millie a brief glance over.

"Ah. The girl," he said, casting a critical eye on her, "Knight Thio, I trust everything is contained here. Have you discovered who sent the girl?"

"Hey, I'm right here," Millie said, waving at him. The older man's lip curled slightly.

"Spirited, for a gutter rat," he said casually, turning his full attention to Jax. "Is there anything that the Masters need to be aware of?"

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Luck, In Jax's experience there was no such thing as luck only the Force preventing a person from either doing something suicidally stupid or guiding them to a higher destiny. Thankfully in Millie's case it was likely the latter, when Millie closed her eyes Jax could sense the Jedi security coming in to investigate. He knew them well, the old Zabarak: Chun who would often clash with Jax over how to administer justice. Chun was more of a by the book CPF who would bag and tag wrong doers without hesitation nor regret but Jax was the type who believed and second chances and would go easy on a person if they showed remorse. Much to his surprise, Millie said that she could sense the Jedis presence which was a bit strange considering that Jax expected Millie to feel the warmth and the sense of balance in the force. The kid was definitely more the analytical type which made sense considering her upbringing as a thief.

"Hey watch your mouth Chun," Jax said. "This gutter rat managed to bypass your security, remember how much you've bragged how not a flea could through this? Well this kid managed evade all of your little gadgets so she exposed the flaws of your system."

"Watch your words Jax!" Chun said. "Before-"

The Jedi placed his hand over his mouth smirking. "Hang on there sport," Jax said. "Millie will get her punishment namely she'll stay here and train in the ways of the Jedi."

Chun whacked Jax's arm away looking at him bewildered." Are you fracking serious?!" he shouted. "This.... thing?"

"She has a name Chun," Jax said. "It's starts with an M, I conducted a quick blood test and it turns out that the kid is Force Sensitive. If she want to avoid jail, then she should stay here and train. In the meantime I gotta catch some evil doers off the streets."

Jax motioned Millie. "Come Millie," he said. "We got a client to catch."

Millie was more than happy to watch someone get taken down a peg, especially someone who seemed to have a lightsaber stuck up their butt. Watching the Zabrak guy's face twist in frustration as Jax took her side.

"Yeah, that's right. This is my punishment," Millie told Chun, with a cocky cheer that was sure to annoy the Zabrak guy. She slipped her feet off the table and stood up, smoothing her clothes down a little. "Don't worry, I'm gonna be stickin' round if you wanted to ask me about your security. Or lack of it." She gave him her best, winning smile.

"- you little-" Chun spat, glaring at her, barely believing what he can hear.

"I look forward to working with ya!" Millie told him, waving as she followed Jax towards the door, "but y'know, duty calls and all that so..."

Before Chun could reply, the anger building within himself, she stepped out of the room and tapped the console, shutting the door behind her. She turned towards Jax, smiling up at him. "So like... I was meant to contact the client from a safe place once I had the holocron and arrange pick-up. But I don't think they'd expect me to bring someone with me. And normally, I wouldn't really expect the client himself to show up, but they might. 'Specially for something that valuable."

Ratting out a client was against everything a good thief stood for... but it was better this way. It was either she get locked up, or they do. And she had so much more of life to live.

Man, I am not gonna be welcome on Freehold anymore.

"I'm gonna need my stuff back to make contact though. And probably a fake to hand over."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"First lesson you need to know Millie," Jax said leading the young girl away from the interrogation room and back to the temple. Jax never liked the interrogation room in the temple, the lights were too damn bright. "Is that a Jedi should always keep their anger under control. Yeah Chun is an nerf herder but you gotta roll with the punches and just let chit go."

Though Jax himself has a lot to learn in that area still a Jedi always strives for self improvement. "Of course," Jax said casually tossing Millie her items. "Don't try to frack me though," Jax warned frowning a bit. "I've been patrolling the lower levels of Coruscant for years and I've seen it all. If you try to pull anything funny Millie, your ass is going to jail."

The Jedi then smirked when Millie said they'll need a fake Holocron. "Did you read my mind kid?" he said crossing his arms. "Or did we come up with that same idea? That was my plan all along was to lure the client with a fake Holocron but it's going to be with a twist." The Jedi arrived at the analysis sector of the room and bowed to one of the white droids.

"Knight Thio," the droid said. "What can I do for you?"

"I would like a fake Holocron," Jax said. "Make it generate an electric shock gonna need for it mission."

"Right away sir," he said before floating off.

"Don't worry," Jax said. "Convince him to meet you, a Holocron isn't easy to get and it'll be nice if you knew who you were taking this to?"

At least it was a suggestion.

Millie followed, listening to Jax's explanations about anger and letting stuff go. She was okay with that. She barely let anything bother her. You can't hold too many grudges where she came from, otherwise you'd be wanting to murder half the planet. Then, however, came the threat. It was said gently, with a lot less sharp metal involved than what she'd been used to, but she knew what it was. The warning. The promise.

"Okay okay, chill. I'm cool, I'm not gonna mess you around, like I could get ten seconds away without you magic-pulling me back," she replied quickly, raising her hands and facing the palms towards him. Looking a slight bit more serious than she usually did. She took her communication gear back, slipping on the HUD device as she tapped on a few keys of her datapad.

As the droid worked on the fake holocron, Millie fired off the first message, waiting for a reply nervously.

M: target acquired

M: need personal dropoff
M: want to see creds

That's the best idea she came up with. She was a distrustful thief, of course she wanted to see the money. And heck, the client would probably bring heavies and try and cheat it off her. Hopefully, they'd take the bait.

C: Is there something wrong?

C: Our deal was for a covert drop off.

C: You can trust us.

Rule 1: if someone has to say "you can trust me," there's not a chance in hell that you can.

M: no way

M: this is super valuable
M: had to go through lotssss
M: you show me creds

M: or i take this offworld

C: Acceptable.
C: Bring the target to attached coordinates.
C: Come alone.

C: Or no payment.

<C has disconnected>

Millie slipped off the headset and ran her fingers through her hair, bringing up the coordinates on the datapad. She stepped up towards Jax, holding the pad in front of him.

"They took the bait, they wanna meet here," she explained, waving the map screen at him. "Looks seedy as hell. By a flophouse on the lower levels."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax smiled, there was some truth to Millie's words he didn't need the force to root out any dishonesty. Her tone and facial expression said it all though she seemed to be thankful that she wasn't going to go jail. If anything Millie would most likely go to juvie which had more chittier security and care than the jails in Coruscant. With how there were little youth programs in the lower levels of Coruscant combined with the bad juvie system, there was little wonder why there was an outpour of gangs. Jairdain Jairdain mentioned proposing a law that could allow more youth programs into the lower levels though Jax balked at that idea stating that politicians aren't going to do anything that doesn't directly benefit them. a

The Jedi took a quick look at the datapad frowning a bit. "These coordinates are Blue Stripes territory." Jax said. "They deal in hard drugs like blue powder mined from Asteroid fields, but they're mostly a mercenary unit mostly hired by the NIO."

Jax tossed the datapad to Millie. "They're known racists to humans," Jax said. "A few years I had to investigate lynchings of humans in Aquilaris and turned out it was a rogue group of these bastards."

He then frowned. "Not sure why a mercenary group would be interested in an Holocron," Jax said. "If I had to guess they've been hired but it also means you must be part of them Millie or at least unknowingly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom