Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back To The Shadows!

[video=youtube_share;XFGWr3HBen4]http-~~-//youtu.be/XFGWr3HBen4[/video]
Cast of Characters: Gandalf: General Ceel, Shadow Demon: Julius Octavian
Sorry, I just found that humorous.:p

But in all serious, I've decided to go back into retirement.

I'm tired. And in all honesty, I don't like the way I've become when I get online right now. The cataclysm from TGC has just taken away all of my energy and motivation to write and I've been taking it way too seriously. I'm defending a reputation that isn't there to begin with and in all honesty it's a reputation that I don't truly care about. When I came out of retirement a little over a year ago and returned to TGC, it was because I found out I had a terminal illness. Before that, I hadn't played seriously in years and I had out-grown role playing all together. However, with the news I received I just thought things would get better if I could get away for a while and be someone else; anyone else. But it turns out I was wrong.

I really hate to do this, but I am going to take a step back into the shadows for a while. Possibly forever. All I really wanted to do when I returned was write and admittedly I didn't want to write at TGC in the first place but the community I returned for has gone inactive. I started a couple of very serious characters at TGC as an alternative and I played quietly for 14 months before I started having an opinion on things again which turned out to be my own downfall. But in reality, TGC isn't the reason I am retiring. It's because that magic... that spark... is gone, and it has been for half a decade. I've tried to get it back and I just haven't found the motivation or muse, if you will to care enough to see anything through.

If I have taken this split too seriously, I apologize. For me it was my last chance at role playing but it was a chance that I myself didn't really want to begin with. Why I took it, I have no idea.

Since I haven't started anything major on an IC level here, I think it's the best time to call-it quits. I do sincerely wish this community and all of it's members the very best of luck and I hope that you all enjoy your time here. Who knows? Maybe I'll return when I can control myself but for right now, I am too infuriated to even focus. So it's best if I just take a step back and a deep breath and try to figure out what I really want to write and, if I decide to, do it without any OOC dialogue at all.

Best wishes,

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom