Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the Grind

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Nar Shaddaa- The Culprit's Course
A hole in the wall place. Nar Shaddaa is known for it's appeal to the scum of the galaxy, and thus the crowds occupying the bar leaves little to the imagination. At least the loud ones anyway. Sure a few characters might be hiding in the shadows of the place, but their identities were there own. And it was up to them if they wanted to be made known.
Tables were scattered on platforms aligning the edges of the bar. The center (dance floor) was equipped with tiles that flickered with vibrant colors keeping steady time to the 'music' that filled the place. The dance floor was crowded. As were many of the booths and tables, but the bar occupied only one.
Harkin sat arms crossed at the bar. His eyes fixed heavily on the brown liquid in the glass before him, bouncing to the noise blasting through out the bar. 'Soon...soon I'll kick this damned habit' With a heavy sigh Harkin lifted the glass to his lips. "But not today." His mark was human, and the mark, Darmurik Solt, made this venue his constant retreat. Of course regardless on Darmurik's appearance tonight or not, Harkin sought only to keep his mind off of his life here of late.

Raised voices quickly turned into shouting at near pazaak table. Harkin adjusted the glass on the able so he might watch the crisis unfold. He had no intentions of interfering, and was curious to see if any one would...

Entering the bar carrying a duffel bag the crazed merc sat down at a nearby table, though he wasn't here for a drink. He wasn't even here for a bounty, it was the weekend. The bar was packed and bustling with life, life that was now under a republic rule. It just screamed blow me up Parker kill every soul in the place in a giant fireball of death! Getting up Parker walked to the bar and placed the bag underneath some seats where it was relatively hidden. He was going to have some fun though before blowing the whole thing to nothing. Sitting down next to the bounty hunter Parker smiled and ordered a drink. "There's a game out there that we play you and I, and it's run by a man. And every once in a while the man lets you win, but if you play the game long enough you eventually lose. And once you lose there's no way out and our souls are caught forever." the crazed mercenary chuckled and looked at the bounty hunter smiling. " You're not here to drink either I take it." he said in a low happy tone, " I have a feeling you and I are about to play the game, and one of us wont win this time." the crazed man said as he took a sip of @[member="Harkin Kane"] drink.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Now a younger Harkin would of had this man pinned on the spot. A young punk with the idea that crazy sold the look better than any other. But this Harkin, more experienced or something of the sort, saw that this man was not hiding behind a ruse, and that an aura of chaos danced through the eyes the character Harkin found himself staring at. And a sober Harkin would of paid his tab and made him self sparse, quickly. But alas, Harkin tilted his glass up handing over to the bartender as he was filling the order of Harkin's new acquaintance

James Parker said:
" I have a feeling you and I are about to play the game, and one of us wont win this time."
​'Message received bub' Harkin thought to himself. Harkin thought hard before speaking to the mad man who he had just crossed paths with. It was the weekend, and Harkin had a looming feeling things were about to go awry. "I lost the game along time ago kid. Just waiting on death to come collect." Harkin peered hard at @[member="James Parker"] . "But make no mistake I don't mind waiting awhile for him to catch up." Harkin thought hard on if he recognized the guy. He had spent lifetime in and out of spaceports surely he'd remember at least a reputation. "And na, the drinking is merely a perk of the job." He looked back towards the man deciding the best course would be to observe and play it cool.

There was a blaster leveled against James' head as he sat down at the bar to drink from a drink that wasn't his. James had blown up all over the radar, and Preliat was here to take the bounty. Preliat kicked the bag away from the two of them a good distance, and Preliat wasn't close enough for James to even remotely think about disarming him.

"Hands behind your head, and don't make any moves, or this blaster will put a very nice scorch mark in your skull. You are under arrest and will be subject to a Republic court of law. I am an emissary of the law, operating under Republic jurisdiction to transport you to a Republic facility to undergo a court of law by a jury of your peers. If you are to make any sudden moves, the nature of your crimes warrant an immediate lethal action. Do not attempt to disarm, or attack me or anyone around you."Tracyn said, leveling the blaster with two hands now, stepping back a step, kicking the duffel bag further away. He was still young, but he was capable and very good at what he did, as rarely as he did it.

@[member="James Parker"]

Parker smiled and kicked his feet against the bar happily as he took a sip of the drink the bartender handed him and sighed happily. "Death gets us all in the end, one way or another. You see people like us, we don't have the greatest of life expectancies. We live our short violent lives and then we die. But you, I sense something different about you." chuckling Parker took another drink from the glass mug and poured the rest out on the ground. "For all the people who are about to die."

Though suddenly a blaster was held up to the man's head and he smiled, finally he has gotten the attention he craved so much. "You can skip the speech kid, I know what you are." laughing now he put his hands on his lap. "You think you are man enough to pull that trigger? You know when I first killed someone it was for my mother, my family." Parker's laugh faded slightly and he went on. "My frakking mother. But it wasn't good enough, nothing I did was good enough for her! Then they make you choose when you grow up! They as whose it going to be Parker!!" the man screamed holding his own head in fear of his own memories "THEM OR ME PARKER!!! THEM OR ME, MEE ME ME MEEEEEE!!!!" the man screamed at the top of his lungs then chuckled. "Shall we be off then?" he looked back and smiled now placing his hands behind his head. @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
No such thing as a quiet night on Nar Shaddaa. Even Republic Nar Shaddaa, and when did that happen anyway. Blast it, Harkin had been away for a long frack'n time. Harkin turned to face the hero of the bar.

'Parker...Parker.... Dash it @[member="James Parker"].' That crazy loon had a rep sheet longer than Harkin's galaxy accumulative bar tab. Awe hell, and I was drinking after him. He slid the drink away, his thirst quenched for the second. @[member="Preliat Mantis"] "Listen kid, you don't think he has a plan B? Confrontation, not the smartest approach'" Harkin quickly reached into the collar of James's jumpsuit retrieving a secondary detonator. "Bet ya the next round he's got another or two." Harkin's eyes danced between the two anticipating the worst. It's like the kid said, everyone plays the game....

Preliat set his blaster to stun, firing the blaster towards James' Parkers head. James Parker did not scare Preliat, Preliat had been in the Dark Harvest campaign, where he had been subject to a number of nightmarish horrors whilst clearing a city of infected people, and failing to save hundreds more. Preliat lowered his weapon after firing a near-lethal stun blast to James head, and due to the fact James was facing a trained Mandalorian soldier, he would have little chance of being able to avoid it.

"I hope he has a plan B to being shot in the head."He said, keeping the weapon trained at him in case that he tried something else.

@[member="James Parker"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Parker hit the ground stunned and flopping around like a fish, that wasn't the best of ideas though shooting his head, his mind was special and luckily he had more or less built up resistance to stun weapons. Parker wasn't the only one in there. For a few minutes he lay there holding his head. "No, kill me please. Please kill me!" getting up the man looked like he had no idea where he was but he knew exactly what this was about. "Please do it!! Before he gets control again! He won't stop, I've tried talking to him! Oh god the things I've seen him do! The things he's done! My girls, he killed my girls!" Parker, well no longer Parker began to sob in front of the men a completely different person now. "I can feel him clawing at his cage please shoot me!!" the man pleaded again as tears streamed down his face and onto the floor. Grabbing the man's blaster by the barrel he pointed it as his own head sobbing and looking him dead in the eye "Do it, please." He said in a sad begging tone @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Preliat flicked the weapon off the stun setting, and fired a bolt straight into Parker's head. He was remarkably quick, being a good shot and quick on the draw as well. Preliat also brought up a knee to shatter his face apart in case he somehow managed to avoid the direct shot to the face. Preliat did all this, in a manner of about a second and a half.

@[member="James Parker"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
"Dash it all." Harkin expecting a ruse, or at least hoping for one scurried between the two men. As he did his shoulder caught the barrel of the mandolorian's blaster. Sliding on his knees to the duffle bag he slid a knife from his boot. Instead of unzipping it triggering a trapped mechanism he slid the blade on the underside and lifted the bag from the explosives. @[member="James Parker"] was @[member="Preliat Mantis"] 's mark, and Harkin didn't care to interfere, but what he did care for were the circumstances that would cause an explosion. He made quick work of the tangled wires. Looking up towards the exit to ensure he could dispose the explosive if things went bad he noticed his mark scurrying from the scene due to the presence of bounty hunters. With a sigh and a swear Harkin looked back at the mess of wire in his hands.

The man smiled as he heard the weapon click to kill, it was all going to end. James' nightmare would finally be over with the sweet embrace of death he always longed for. "Not today james!" He said aloud quickly he hit the bounty hunter's wrist to the side causing the bolt to hit an innocent dancer on the dance floor. The next part though Parker was not fast enough to react to. A knee to the face, sent him flying backwards. Blood flew everywhere from the man's broken nose as he fell to the ground. "HAHAHAHA!! I'm going to kill us all!!! THIS WHAT WE GET!! MEN LIKE US SHOULD END LIKE THIS!! THE GAME HAS CHOSEN IT!!" pulling out another detonate from his boot Parker pushed it but nothing happened but as soon as the old man tampered with the bombs carrying them towards the door they went off. and the bag of that the old bounty hunter carried exploded violently

Fire, pure and terrifying it enveloped the bar sending Parker flying backwards towards the back of the bar. The roof came down crushing the people that still remained inside, dozens dead and as of the fates of the three mercenaries inside. Only the man would know if they lived to play again. And then there was only silence and the dark.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Blood seeped from an origin unknown. More accurately it poured from seemingly everywhere. Quickly Harkin ran through the usual. 'Legs? Still in tact . Arms? Arms?' Dammit, his left arm was gone. Right up to the shoulder. Amazingly the expected gaping hole was partially cauterized by the explosion. "Frack it all!" Harkin rolled off of the bar where he landed and slid down the blast door sticking in the floor right in front of his would be grave. He wiped the blood from his eye. He looked around at the mess of crimson and flame. All these lives, and he didn't save a one. All of a sudden he didn't want to kick his drinking habit as bad anymore. Reaching across his waist he retrieved his blaster pistol. Where are those two? He looked about the room noticing the blast door impaled to the floor facing the blast radius. He owed it's miraculous placement his life, but this wasn't his first close shave. bringing his wrist to his gaping hole he continued his search. We all play the game. "Alright, that one upset me a little..." I hope that little frack is still breathing.

Preliat, wearing arguably the best designed, and strongest armor in the galaxy, put an armored gauntlet through the rubble, and pulled himself through. He stepped outwards, breathing heavily beneath his helmet. He stood up after a moment, pushing debris off of him. He walked over to the bright orange jumpsuit underneath the rubble, and looked down at him.

"This is where you die, James Parker."
Preliat said, raising his boot up and lowered it, effectively going to curb stomp one of the galaxy's most violent and malicious persons. His technique was flawless, and very brutal. This is where James Parker would die, killed by his own machinations of violence and terror, and Preliat, Preliat being the person that would finally nab him, finally make him succumb to the inevitable force of karma.

@[member="James Parker"]

Well that sucked, laying there broken and giggling softly between coughs was Parker. "Oh that was fun, how many people do you think you let die? Thirty maybe fifty?" Parker laughed then coughed heavily, he was hurt alright and hurt bad. It was coming to an end though, wonder lad had survived the explosion and was now aiming to finish him off. Parker was destined to die alright, but not here and not by this pretty boy mando. Smiling Parker laughed as he felt the pain course through his body as he rolled over to grab the dead body of some dancer using her to sheild the incoming blow from the man.

It hit the woman's dead body with a sickening crack, Parker had to react quickly though if he was to survive. Reaching into his cargo pocket he grabbed a small maser and fired it at the bounty hunters chest. Surely his armor would take it and he would walk away from the hit but a maser packed kinetic energy with it that would put him on his ass giving him enough time to escape.

@[member="Preliat Mantis"]

The idea of a Maser was to have significantly much more of a barrel to create much more of an effect. So, Preliat was flat on his ass, but a Maser that could fit in your pocket did no more damage to him than a blaster. Actually, a blaster would have done more damage to Preliat than a Maser could have that was produced from a pocket. Preliat laid on the ground for a moment, but sat up on his butt, and removed his blaster pistol, and fired towards James, putting several rounds downrange, straight at James' wounded body. Preliat was fine, he was just knocked around. Maser weapons didn't leave much of a mark, and the impact wasn't much either, considering his armor, so recovery time was fairly easy.

@[member="James Parker"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin grabbed @[member="Preliat Mantis"] hard by the shoulder and pulled him to face him. "Look at me! You saw the frack'n bag before you confronted him! You saw the bag. Look around you. Their deaths are on you as much as him. You had a chance to intervene, and ya botched it! Was your mark worth all of this!?" Harkin was fighting becoming choked due to the blood loss, or the smoke, or the screaming. He shoved the merc hard. "Frack your mark, I hope it was worth it." Rolling his eye he began to limp towards the expansive crater that once served as a entrance. He stopped before he had made it into the gathering crowd. "We all play the game..."

@[member="James Parker"]

Parker had bolted for it quickly as the man went flying backwards. He had to get out of there and quick. He was hurt badly. "Later Frakkers!" Parker laughed as he ran as fast as a hurt mam could run. Though ghat pace seemed to slow more as a stray blast from the bounty hunters pistol struck him in the shoulder. "FRAKK!!" he screamed then laughed as the blaster singed and burnt him. Making his way out Parker found an empty speeder getting in it he begun the hot wiring process slowly. The man had roughed him up rather well. He had to get out of there or it would be the end of him

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Preliat, being perfectly fine, soon caught up with the wounded, winded, and distraught Parker. He had enough of the games and all of this. It was time to end it all, and Preliat used something that he didn't like to use normally. Preliat marched forward, and aimed the blaster at James. James had nowhere to go, and he was out in the open. Preliat continued to fire, aiming towards James and the speeder, first disabling his escape. James had nowhere to go, Preliat was on the prowl. James was not leaving Preliat's presence alive, that was for sure. Unless James had a friend, which he didn't have, Preliat had cornered James and James was going to die.

@[member="James Parker"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Unanticipated was the second round of charges @[member="James Parker"] had planted looming around the exterior of the ruins that was the bar. Gore and pedestrians blew across the walkway, and under the rubble and impact itself, the walkway began to crumble. The speeder roared to life under James, and a crowd of survivors began to stampede blocking site between any of the three men. Harkin barked at everyone to get to the supported corners in which buildings rested on. The ground was falling beneath everyone.

Well he was persistent James would give him that much, luckily that second set of charges went off at just the right moment. Roaring to life the speeder activated and Parker took off in a haste leaving the two men behind. Far far behind, Parker had escaped, wounded beyond all relief but he had lost this battle. It would be a bit but he would heal and he would return. Oh how he would return to pay the republic a little visit.

((Trust me, I have one last grand act before I let Parker get caught. You My be in and you can collect whatever bounty but I just need one last act))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom