Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to the Galaxy

The Jedi was taking a look at the menu for a second, totally not avoiding his wife’s actual worthwhile question, just kind of… looking at the menu. It wasn’t taking him much to salivate over the little things, something not dehydrated, something he knew how to pronounce on the first try. Fresh salads, fresh Nabooian seafood, he had an idea of what he wanted. There was a bit of an excited vibe coming off Starchaser as he looked up to his wife, over the menu that was such the perfect camouflage.

“Nah, never figured it would be. I assume you know I’m trouble enough, now imagine two things that are half me.” A grin, almost evil, or at least showing a bit of sadism, playfully, came across his face. “And yeah, Atti had you, and his father. I’m… different.” For an understatement.

“And as for names. Well…” He took a bite to the inside of his cheek. Really that was going to be the million credit question. “Uhh lets go with something easier… Do you know what you’re in the mood for?” When was the last time he felt this relaxed?

Maybe it was the impending battle of twins ahead.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

Oh, goodness. Celeste matched Coren's gaze when he flashed her a rather wicked grin. Coren wasn't wrong, he was definitely trouble enough. And, as if they sensed their father, the twins gave Celeste a few good kicks. Her brows arched high when Coren brought up the subject of baby names, and she leaned towards him in anticipation.

Then he changed the subject entirely.

Her mouth dropped open, but Celeste sat back and brought her lemonade up for a sip. “Well,” she started, grinning. “The melon and mint salad sounds refreshing,” she said. But really, she was already in the mood for an over-indulgent dessert. Creme brulee was delicious, but it wouldn't do for tonight. The chocolate cake was calling to her...

While her eyes lingered on the image of the cake that was generously frosted, she answered. “Yes, I think the salad would be lovely.” They were here to taste the freshest that Naboo had to offer, after all. “Oh, we should order an appetizer first—how about these prosciutto and cheese pear bites? Or the crostini look good, too.”

With her own selection made, she folded her menu and looked to Coren. “And you? What are you in the mood for?”

It was nice to see him so at ease, and her own shoulders began to relax, too.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

A small laugh escaped him as he was trying to banish his own thought of what his children could be like as infants away. They’d have to get in with someone who could teach them the Force really fast, but for now? They were safe, and would probably be so for a number of years, at least… what, two? Could teething infants call the Dark Side? He didn’t want to know.

Also, he didn’t want to keep the server waiting, they’d tip well, as long as they took Outer Rim Talons, and really, who wouldn’t? Smiling at his wife, he nodded. “It does sound good, I was thinking a salad, maybe as a side for some pasta and fish.” Looking over the menu, he saw a few and was settling on a white fish. “And I could definitely go for cheese bites.” Grinning, he looked at her, not a care in the world.

“I’m thinking a white fish and pasta dish… And I’m not sure I’m sold on rhyming names, but maybe a common scheme?” There he was, back to the full circle. And really bouncing from decision to decision like some sort of bipolar mad man, but at least he was full of smiles, and barely an ounce of real worry in his aura.

“Ah, the pasta does look delicious,” she said, nodding. And silently plotting to steal a couple of bites off Coren's plate—one of the many perks of being married. As he affirmed his dinner selection and then... mentioned a common scheme, Celeste's brows knitted together for a moment.

Then, a blink.

“Oh, you...” she murmured, catching on. Celeste chuckled, but stopped when she noticed the waiter had returned to take their orders for real. Offering a polite smile, she went with the salad. And placed an order for the cheese bites. Once the server went off again, Celeste turned to Coren. Yes, she had to agree that rhyming names would be a bit... much. And no Coren or Celeste junior. After all, she had the strangest feeling that these twins would be girls.

“A common scheme?” she canted her head. “Like what?”

Starting to really crave the pasta, Coren was nodding, knowing that it probably was going to hit a spot. When you knew what food you were getting, it was always so much easier to make sure you were actually craving it. Grinning to his wife, as he remarkably changed topics as fast as he could bank his X-Wing when anything was on his tail. She had been really good at rolling with his throws and being able to keep up with how chaotic his mind was at times. Watching her, though, he couldn’t help but smile.

Maybe it was who his partner was in this endeavor, maybe it was something more. Placing his order as his wife was looking back at him.

“I’m not sure, common starting letter? Probably not C though.” He grinned. Luke and Leia, Jaina and Jacen… There was precedence for it. But maybe they didn’t want to do that. Jared and Kaia were one at a time, it was a bit easier. If he looked at the Perl family, they all ended in A, that was another thing. But… “I mean, that isn’t so bad, right, same starting letter?”

Would make it easier?

Celeste reached for a second bread roll and proceeded to nibble as she listened to Coren. Hmm, yes, that could work, she thought to herself. “Yes, I think that would be fine,” she said with a brief nod. It wasn't too cheesy or matchy-matchy.

“Okay, I think this is progress,” she said, smiling. This decision was a good first step in the right direction. But there was still much work to be done. Celeste had a feeling she would need to consult an ancient baby name tome for assistance. She placed a calm hand against the side of her stomach and closed her eyes.

For a moment, she was almost lost in the beating of their hearts, but she opened her eyes again to find Coren. “Do you get the feeling... they are both girls?” she asked, finally. Celeste could only gauge what the force told her, but it was a very distinct sensation of knowing. It'd been the same for her with Atti, she'd known all along it would be a little boy.

“I'll be happy no matter what,” she added, “It's just what I've been feeling lately.”

Watching her always made him smile. Coren did have that butterfly feeling for Celeste, even when she was transporting two other bodies like some sort of fighter carrier. Wow, yeah maybe not use star pilot reference about your wife, weird analogy, and just… no. Smiling, he hoed she wasn’t trying to read his mind as he spun his wedding band idly.

“It feels it, I mean, we should have names ready to go.” He looked at her as she was touching the side of her stomach. He didn’t have a big stomach for pregnancy, but he was happy all the same. It was a weird point for him. Maybe he was growing as a person, or as a Jedi? He wasn’t sure. But as he watched and listened, he nodded. “I think you may be right.” And it helped that he was father to one of each.

“That will be trouble for us in like 16 years.” A wry grin.

“And yes, they’re going to be loved. I just hope we made the galaxy safe for them.” He was not regretful, but he was concerned. Had he done enough?

“Force help us,” Celeste said, raising her glass up in something like a toast. She hadn't even thought (or worried) about that yet, but now... However, any boys that came calling on their future daughters would have to face Coren, a thought that made her smile.

Then, his words made her expression soften. Celeste didn't need to glean his thoughts to know what they were. Coren was a force of his own–a soldier, a master, and a leader. War fronts had seen him countless times. Still, Celeste understood the source of his concern. As a parent, she worried daily for Atticus–Is he eating well? Is he doing alright? Is he... safe?

“We've done our best,” she said, offering an encouraging smile. “But there's still much we can do,” Celeste added with a nod. Their work was far from complete; she wondered if it every would be. “We'll teach them well, prepare them for... the galaxy.”

Not often highlighted among Coren's skill sets was teaching. He'd taught classes before, and Celeste had a feeling that he would do well in this role again. Not necessarily confining him to a classroom, but letting the future generations of Jedi learn by doing. Maybe Coren wasn't totally sold on the idea yet, but Celeste had sensed a definite shift in him since they left.

“And they'll have one of the best to guide them.”

The Jedi laughed at his wife and nodded. The fact that he was going to be a father for two girls, and going to be around for them? As long as the Force willed it, did fill him with a sense of pride. And joy for what he would do to the suiters who came around. Feeling his wife worry on her son, the one Coren had made a point to adopt, in order to protect because many things could go wrong in the galaxy, but he hoped they wouldn’t, but it was better to be prepared.

Watching her, and feeling her support. “We did. And we will keep doing what we can. I just… I can’t keep it all on my shoulders anymore. I know that now.” It was something that he had learned on their honeymoon. A temple that was left for wayfinders and wanderers in the Force. He learned that the Jedi could fight but it wasn’t always conflict that won the day. A grin on his face again, he nodded.

“I’ll make sure they’re all fine, but I think my destiny is in preparing the next generation. “What do you think of the letter V?” The Corellia chewed on the inside of his cheek.

Honestly, Celeste was glad that Coren had accepted the fact that he couldn't shoulder the burden of protecting the galaxy. He was one of the skilled Masters with the battle-experience to back him up, but he was only one man. And she, for one, did not wish to see him over-extend himself. But hearing him say it, that made Celeste reach across the table to squeeze his hand.

“V?” Celeste canted her head to the side in thought. Quickly, she ran through a list of names that she could think of that started with that letter. “Hmm, v-letter names are a bit more uncommon, aren't they?”

She fell quiet again when the waiter returned to place the appetizers down before them. Celeste was quick to snatch one up, but she paused before eating it.

“You know, I do think Vivienne is quite a pretty name.” Celeste said. “But is that too, hmm, pretentious sounding?” She shrugged and chuckled. “Do you have name ideas?” Let's hear them.”

The way the galaxy was before, Coren always felt the need to shoulder it. He shared with Omai Rhen or Jacen Voidstalker, and circumstances removed them. He shared with Taeli Raaf and his entire government had paid the price. When he lost Zark as well, that was another straw for him, and he made a point to do what he could, while providing tasks to others, like Veiere, or others who were out there, doing their best to help. Smiling as she squeezed his hand, he nodded.

“Not too many, no.” Felt unique. Sure, the other children in this union didn’t have any scheme, but it was almost interesting, they both had a C, and two Vs, maybe it was silly, but he was okay with that. “Vivienne? I don’t think its too pretentious. I did hear Valerie the other day, in passing. I thought that was a nice name as well.”

Grabbing at the appetizers, he smiled. “I’m always open to more ideas though, just know the names are far and few between.” Made them more unique, was his thought process on this. “Unless we went with some exotic names.” Exotic meaning alien.

Celeste took a bite of an appetizer and ruminated for a moment. Valerie. Yes, that felt quite special. “I like it,” she affirmed, smiling. It was a pretty name, and a feeling in her chest told her it was... right. She rubbed her stomach again, as if gleaning from some kind of crystal ball—they certainly were the same shape.

She ran through a couple more names in her head. Then, a revelation struck her. She swallowed her bite to avoid choking and then chased it with a sip of lemonade before speaking.

“How about Valerie and Valora?” she asked, eyes wide as she looked at Coren. Somehow, she had a feeling that her wonderful friend Valae would approve. “What do you think?”

His wife was definitely more worldly and prepared for children than he had been. The Unknown Regions were not exactly the best place to find books on what to expect when you’re expecting. And as much as the Force gave him visions it didn’t seem like it was going to come in with the clutch war to pull him away. Don’t get him wrong, he was grateful that he didn’t feel like there was going to be a war front, but he felt that children may be just a close enough substitute.

As they ate, and came up with names, Coren smiled. “Valerie and Valora… I like that. There’s a theme, and they’ll know when one is in trouble.” He laughed at the pair of them continued to eat. The dinner was actually exactly what they both needed and with it coming to an end, Coren looked to Celeste.

“Dessert, or are you ready to get back to the galaxy? We don’t really have any place to be, but it could be a fun walk around town?” The Jedi grinned.

Dinner arrived and Celeste ate with gusto. There was a definite measure of relief in having two names chosen. Once she was finished, she sat back and folded her hands atop her stomach, satisfied. Her brows arched slightly at the mention of dessert.

“We could walk around town and pick up some dessert on the way back to the ship,” she offered, grinning. After all, there were some fine bakeries here on Naboo with all manner of lovely pastries. “Let's grab a box of chocolate croissants for the trip back,” she added.

Once the bill was settled, Celeste blew out a few steady breaths as she walked for the door. But as she reached the doorway, she paused and grabbed for Coren's arm. Her eyes closed for a moment, her stomach tight to the touch as she placed her free hand there. But the strange tightness—a contraction—let up after just a few seconds, and Celeste glanced to Coren and tried to smile, so as not to alarm him.

Dinner was very good, and the conversation was relaxing, it was nice that the pair had time to reform their bond away from the war of the galaxy. There was strife everywhere, but in the edges of the galaxy, it was more to survive, and find those that assisted you in that survival. It was almost peaceful and better living on the edge than in the comforts of the Core. Or the pseudo comforts as a war burned the galaxy.

“That’s not a bad idea. No schedule, we are at our own leisure.” He smiled, taking her arm as they stepped from the table. No sooner had they gotten to the door than Celeste seemed to double over? No, it wasn’t that. He felt something in the Force, through their body. Watching her, he was trying to discern what was going on.

“Hospital?” He asked curiously. As Jedi they could get the access they’d need, but he wasn’t sure that was what it was. Hell, he had no clue, but better to err on the side of caution, right? The Jedi way and all?

Celeste took a couple of breaths and shook her head. “No, I think I'm okay,” she said. Straightening up, she took a couple of small steps just to test the water. Her expression visibly relaxed, and she blew out a big sigh.

“Alright,” she hung her head, then peeked at Coren. “I think it's time to take that speeder ride.”

It was a bit like admitting defeat. But while this contraction hadn't been followed by any more, she knew it was best to take things easy. She'd seen been fairly active when she was pregnant with Atti, but she'd only been carrying one baby then, not two very active twins. With a bit of a groan, she sat down on a chair.

“I'll wait here,” she said, nodding. “Come pick up me... and grab some of those croissants, too, if you don't mind, sweet-heart.” Celeste batted her eyelashes as if to say pleaaaaase?

He hoped she was okay. Naboo was a great world, and he wasn’t sure they should be born on Corellia, but somewhere surrounded by the light side couldn’t hurt. This world was full of the light. A bit of a nervous grin on his face as he could feel her resolve taking over, it wasn’t the time yet, but it was getting close. He had a few things he needed to do, the Force would give them the time. He’d be there for her.

Kaia and Jared could watch the galaxy for a little while. Plus all those other Jedi, right? He hoped so. “Roger that.” He said as he helped her to her seat. From there he made his way through the town, noting where the croissants were. He was not going to forget those, nah, he knew how to deal with a pregnant Celeste. Make sure she had gotten her cravings, really. “I’ll be right back.” A classic grin on his face as he started off down the street.

His thumb rolled the band on his ring finger as he made his way to get a speeder, one of the droid operated ones, add a few credits, get it for an hour. Great way to travel. As he got in, he instructed the droid to make it towards the place with the croissants, and once those were paid for, back towards Celeste. As they pulled up, he opened the door and exited with a ‘wait here’ to the pilot droid.

“Your chariot awaits.”

Celeste could see the nervous smile on Coren's face and she felt bad for worrying him. Maybe it was just all the excitement and uncertainty of being back in the core. After all, it had been a big day, and she'd just had an enormous meal to match.

“I'll be right here,” she said, nodding as Coren went off to fetch the speeder (and croissants). Oh yes, he knew better than to forget those. As she watched him go, she felt her heart give a few fluttery beats. She loved him so. The swell of emotion nearly made her teary, but she smiled. Keep it together, she thought, and fanned her eyes a bit.

She was always poised, she would not let the roller coaster of emotions that came along with pregnancy ruin her evening. And she felt so silly. By the time Coren returned, she had a large smile on her face. Everything's okay. Reaching out for Coren's hand, she stood up and walked to the side of the speeder.

“Thank you, sir,” she said, winking at her husband and giving him a peck on the cheek before sliding onto the seat. Celeste was ready to get back to the ship (and probably nap), and ready to get back to the galaxy they'd left behind.

To say he was anxious to be back was a bit of an understatement. He wasn’t the Crusader he used to be. Sure, he would go defend from Sith movements, but he really felt he wasn’t going to be the one to lead the charge anymore. He had Celeste to worry on and keep him grounded, and the Force had even more in store for him. Neither were sure where they would end up but they’d be together, and that was what truly mattered. He may not be the best at vocalizing what was in his mind, but she knew.

After paying for the croissants he made the droid drive back to pick her up, the ride was pleasant, quiet, and he wasn’t really worrying about anything. That feeling of when everything was off your shoulders, he noticed it in his walk, he’d been standing taller lately. And he felt less tense. Maybe it was spending time with his wife without being called away, but that stemmed from the fact that the war wasn’t going to bring him in.

Holding out his hand for her, he smiled as she leaned in to kiss his cheek. Making sure she was all set, and they didn’t forget anything behind, he closed the speeder’s door, issuing an order to take them to the starport.

“I know we spent some time running away, but I believe we need to figure out where we are going to set up shop, at least for the meantime.” He smiled at his wife. “Your space or mine?”

Celeste sat back to enjoy the ride back to the ship. As the wind tousled her hair, she tucked a few strands into place behind her ear and glanced sidelong at Coren as he spoke.

Indeed it was a question they'd been putting off.

And she considered it quietly before answering. It wasn't that she was reluctant to return, but they'd been traveling for so long that the prospect of putting down roots again seemed... daunting. No doubt, things had changed since they left. Would the two of them fit into the scheme of things again? But Celeste wanted the best start for the twins, and she knew that Coren did, too.

While OPA space had some pleasant worlds, Celeste knew exactly what Silver Space offered in terms of medical care. After all, she'd been there to help design several facilities.

“Silver space,” she said, finally. Though, she chose not to refer to it as 'her space,' for she wasn't sure she still had much of a place there—aside from being a citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom