Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back into the Fold

Appearance: Link
Tag: Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

It wasn't often that Valery found herself with a lot of spare time to train or do other things, but today had been particularly slow. She had a meeting on the Prosperity but the usual Lightsaber class she taught was canceled, so she had spent some time training and was now just wandering around, looking for something to do or Jedi to help. But with Tython over and most Jedi recovering from that, there just wasn't that much to do.

At least, that was until she spotted Kat Decoria Kat Decoria on her own within the ship.

She had never met the woman or seen her before, but there was an aura around her that drew Valery's attention. The Jedi had something on her mind, something she was trying to find a place for or overcome, but it was difficult, and maybe she just needed someone to talk to about it. This gave Valery an idea, and with a kind smile on her face, she made her way over and offered a bow with her head to show respect.

"Good morning, I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting?" Valery began. She knew a lot of Jedi, and she always wanted to familiarize herself with new faces. So even if this conversation wouldn't turn out helpful, she at least would have been able to meet another Jedi.

"I noticed you were on your own out here and figured I'd see if there was something I could help with."

Appearance: Outfit
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Being on the Prosperity was interesting. A mobile Jedi Temple was a concept that was certainty unique in Kat's mind, but a ship big enough to be a mobile temple had glaring weaknesses and such. Her hair was braided tightly and she made sure to look her best but she was struggling with a deep hangover, leaving Zeltron was the hardest decision that Kat had made. On that planet she had felt freed from responsibility, duty and didn't feel lost. However, things were spiralling while she was there, multiple one night stands and a few close encounters with spice and other drugs. Since she left, she had continue a few drunken nights out but found herself coming to the Prosperity to check out this legendary mobile Jedi Temple.

Rubbing her face, she was wondering who she could contact about her rough tech ideas and adjustments she would recommend for a ship of this size. Her mind was a little fuzzy but still whirling away on ideas. All she needed to do was find a familiar face or someone who would be willing to talk workshop with her.

Sipping her stimcaf, Kat tried to lose the hangover, there was the Force to help her but there was still a part of her that believed that she needed to suffer for the decisions that she was making. As she mused over a couple of ideas to improve mobility and defences, someone approached her. A seemingly friendly face that Kat didn't recognise. Tilting her head, Kat tried to get a read on the situation of why someone would approach her randomly. Shrugging, she offered her own smile.

"Morning, not sure it is good for me yet, still too early to tell, haha." Kat chuckled softly. "I am guessing we haven't, I usually have a small group of people that I interact with so not really had the chance to meet with many people outside them." Kat always described herself as pretty introverted.

"Well, was here looking to talk to someone about the tech and potential improvements for this temple ship, if that is something that interests you. Or we could just skip to doing something fun?" Kat offered with a smirk, not seeing any harm with a bit of flirty fun with the woman.

"Morning, not sure it is good for me yet, still too early to tell, haha."

Valery chuckled at the comment and offered an understanding nod. She was the type to always get up early to start her personal routine of meditation and intense training, but she knew that most people really despised it. Or, in this case, it seemed that Kat was either just very tired or still dealing with a hangover from the night before. She just had that aura about her.

It wasn't bad enough to stop her from flirting though, and the offer she made got Valery to blink,
"Uh, I'm going to have to pass on the offer," she said before she held up a hand to show her wedding ring, "But if you were looking to talk to someone about the ship, I might be able to help," she continued with a warm smile.

"I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble, of the NJO. If there's something about the ship, I can likely take it to the rest of the Council for further discussion."

There had been a time when people thought that Kat never slept since she used to live, breathe and obsess over being a mechanic and a Jedi. Her initial path was Jedi Watchman or something tech based, but it was curious how life changed things and lead to new pathways and ideas. Kat was now more a healer, pacifist and unwitting loner. Her attempts at flirting seemed to fall flat, there were many cases where such a ring posed no issue but people like that often didn't mention it or would be the ones to start the encounter. Shrugging her shoulders, "can't blame a girl for trying. Could have been an open marriage or unsatisfying one." While she was once hopeless romantic that believed in true love and soulmates, countless one night stands with married women seemingly changed that in Kat.

"Really? You know the details and design of the ship?" Kat was genuinely curious since she was surprised to bump into someone straight away and so easily. "I am just curious what is here in detail to know how I could possibly provide improvements. Even if it ends up being some maintenance tweaks. I might not be a Jedi any more but just want to offer the best of my skills that I can to help out." Kat offered as she sighed.

Shaking Valery's hand, the name seemed to ring a bell but she couldn't place where she might have heard the name. "Kat Decoria. Force Healer, former mechanic and bit of a loose cannon nowadays." Offer a small, warm smile as she shook her hands with the Jedi Master.

"can't blame a girl for trying. Could have been an open marriage or unsatisfying one."

Valery chuckled a little awkwardly, and rubbed the back of her neck,
"I suppose so, but that's not the case for me," she said with a warm smile offered to the woman. She wasn't bothered by the fact that Kat tried, but definitely, a little bit surprised it happened so quickly. Valery was very happy with her marriage though, so the thought of accepting it wasn't really on her mind.

The question that followed got Valery to blink,
"Oh uh, I'm not exactly an expert on the details of this ship. But I can pass any suggestions or ideas along to those who can do something with them. I'm sure they'd appreciate the help, even if it's just about fixing up little things." Her smile was a bit more sheepish now because she really had no clue about anything technology, so helping Kat out directly would be pretty much impossible

Valery then shook the woman's hand somewhat firmly and nodded,
"A pleasure to meet you, and if you'd like, we can grab something to drink and eat while we talk things over? I'll do my best to help you out."

It seemed that Valery was content in her marriage, which was fine, it worked for some people. Kat didn't mind, she placed an offer out and it hadn't been accepted, time to move on. So that was what she did, rubbing the back of her neck, Valery tried to suggest that she could take suggestions and offers to whoever was in charge. Kat shook her head, "I appreciate the offer but better I speak with those people directly, otherwise there can be miscommunications and issues of you not necessarily understanding everything I am saying." Kat explained as she paused, tilting her head.

The offer of food and drink was interesting, she wasn't sure what to say since she was surprised to be offered for food. "Sure, food and drink sounds nice." Kat stated as she was curious to see where the conversations could go, she was also feeling the weight of her decision to not be a Jedi. Every time she was surrounded by Jedi, it always made her question her decision to step away.

Take a seat, looking over the menu of food items, "so, how has the war been faring? I read about the fact that the NJO been in a war with the Brotherhood. Must be tough. I always hated going to war when I was with the Silver Jedi." Kat admitted as she went over the different items.

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance
div1.png

"That... might be for the best, yeah," Valery admitted with a slightly sheepish smile that shifted to her wedding ring again for a moment before she lowered it and looked back up at Kat. She could likely remember a few things when it came to advise about the ship, but if anything got too technical, it would have been quite difficult to remember it all.

So moving on to something else was a better idea, and nothing quite beats grabbing something to eat and drink while you talk. So with Kat hopefully following her, she began to guide the woman down to the large mess hall which, at this hour, was relatively peaceful and quiet. The two then sat down at a table and after going through the menu to get a few things sent their way, Kat opened the conversation with quite a big question.

"The war... has been difficult. The Maw pushed deep into the Core and made a move to destroy Tython. Luckily, they failed and the momentum shifted against them. But they've left behind a huge path of destruction, and it's going to take a long time to recover," she said, now with a small frown. Valery was one of the prominent leaders at the front, so wherever the war went, so did she. It was almost never-ending and certainly very tiring.

But it was also necessary.

"We'll manage in the end though, I'm quite hopeful." There was a bit of a smile again, but she also had a question herself, "You mentioned you were once a member of the Silver Jedi, and now you're a Force Healer still. If you don't mind me asking, why did you step away from the Silvers?"

It was nice that Valery agreed with her that she should wait till she met someone who was more directly related to the running of the ship. Some people couldn't and won't accept their limitations and then force you to suffer through their failings. Better to accept what you can and can't do, allowing people to get on with their jobs in her mind. "If you ever want a lesson or two in how to use tech or understanding it a bit better, I can offer some?" Kat politely offered, while you must accept your limitations, there was nothing in trying to improve upon them. Prevent them from being too limited.

As they walked to the mess hall, Kat took a look around the flying temple, it was interesting being in the ship. Knowing it is moving. Yet finding some feeling of peace and stability. A steady ship is important but for bigger ships, it can be harder, especially when travelling at higher speeds. "Nice that the ship feels steady on the feet, sure it can be a bit daunting to train in an area that might lose gravity if attacked. Or some kind of malfunction." Kat stated, curious to see what Valery thought of training on a ship like this. Mobility might be good in theory but Kat wasn't sure she was sold yet that it was good in practice.

Taking a seat, Kat looked around, curious what she felt like having to eat or drink. Some part of her was curious to try some alcohol, another part wanted her to avoid it from now till she dies. Listening to Valery, she could feel and see the pain of war, it was not an easy action to take and it plagued the soul of anyone who took part in it. "Even if they are on the backfoot too many lives will be lost before the Maw accept defeat. And even then, will the Jedi be able to cope with the war over?" It was always a fear that too much war could corrupt the Jedi and turn them all into something drastically different, something unrecognisable as Jedi.

"We can only hope that this war doesn't ruin both sides like so many wars in the past have." Kat stated, leaning back in her seat, "I..." Kat paused then shrugged, "I left because of war. I couldn't cope with killing. For me, that isn't what a Jedi should be, they shouldn't be killers, they shouldn't seek out war and they shouldn't profit from it. I did all three. I killed, I sort out war against the Mandalorians who tried to destroy my home and murdered my brothers, and I stole ships and weapons to arm forces. I became someone who wasn't a peace keeper, I was a warrior, I sought war. I wasn't a Jedi anymore." Kat explained as her heart sunk, she was confessing things she had long not thought about.

"Well, I'd need a lot more than one or two lessons," Valery said with a chuckle. She knew very well that handling technology wasn't a strength, and while she always worked on improving, it was impossible to be good at everything. A long time ago, she had accepted that handling tech and the way it interacted with the Force just wasn't for her. Instead, she had other unique skills she used to perform her duties.

The two then walked and continued their conversation, which got her to look around for a moment, "I've never been too worried about the ship. It has been operational for a long time, and we tend to keep it out of harm's way." With how many young Jedi trained here, it would be incredibly reckless to toss it into danger, after all. That wasn't to say that accidents couldn't happen, but a ship like this had many failsafes to keep those on board protected.

Something Kat was likely quite aware of, considering her experience.

When they finally sat down and talked about the war, Valery's demeanor seemed a little more somber, making it clear that it wasn't an easy thing for her, "That's very true - the Maw is actively trying to make our liberation campaign very costly. But it's still necessary that we don't let them run rampant, and part of why we separated the Jedi from political and military positions is to keep them from losing their balance. Myself and other experience Jedi are there to guide the younger ones as well." She seemed confident about it, but there was still a risk, of course. Sadly one that they had to take because whether they wanted to fight or not, the Maw was going to keep coming until the end.

The conversation then finally shifted to a more personal topic for Kat, and Valery just listened quietly, "I'm very sorry to hear that, but in the end, you did have the strength to separate yourself from it. A true Jedi recognizes when they lose their balance, and act to keep themselves from falling from their path further."

Kat chuckled as Valery explained that it would take more than a lesson or two. "That is fair. I have never been good with understanding people, makes being a good healer tricky but my ability to heal is one of the best Force Powers I have currently." It was never easy to do the patient care stuff or empathise with them but she tried and it was something she was getting better at. "And it might be more than a lesson or two but you never know what you might pick up. Mechu-deru was a Force power that made me understand technology on a level that was unprecedented for me. Seeing tech through the Force, allowed me to understand it in new ways. Even realise that there was much about technology we did not know, even now." Kat shrugged, the techno-lover was coming out of her and ranting again, she cut herself off before she looked too crazy.

Tilting her head, "well, no Jedi Temple plans to fall under siege or be attacked but the Sith find us. The Mandalorians attempt to attack us. War inevitably comes. Keeping it out of harm's way is good but doesn't mean harm won't find its way here." Kat pointed out, she did not think Valery naïve but it wasn't smart to keep thinking this temple would be safe from attacks forever. No, if the Jedi were engaged in war then this temple was at risk as were all temples. "What if the Maw find out about this place tomorrow? Attack tomorrow? You are at war, should always be prepared for any and all temples to be attacked." There was the warrior side of her speaking again. She had always felt that some would act too complacent and not think that their enemies would or could attack them in a moment's notice.

"Liberation campaign?" Kat paused, looking hard at Valery. "That sounds very political, and a very forced term." Liberation campaign sounded something a senate would conjure to make war sound virtuous and make them appear the good guys. It was also a term that she knew Sith would use, that they were liberating the people when they were in fact shackling them. "Sith have been at war for thousands of years, whether with themselves, with Jedi or with the old Republic. We can sit here and discuss ending their rampancy and destroying all Sith. Or we can discuss it more sensibly and realistically, which is forcing the Sith to work from the shadows and potentially destroy the Jedi from within. Separating the military roles and political titles is the problem, going to war, killing people. That changes you, it takes away a part of you that means that you are never the same again." Kat spoke as a woman with plenty of experience on this.

Shaking her head, "I walked away because I wasn't the person that could go to war, that could help the Silver Jedi fight the Bryn'adul or the Sith any longer. I was compromised and I was a risk to all my friends and people I cared about. I needed to step away to make sure that they were all safe. But I never kept in contact with them, I don't even know if they are still around anymore." Kat sighed, times had changed a lot. and things were not as they were at the SJC. She didn't know where they were but it wasn't going to be like coming home if she decided to go back there. "I didn't seek balance, I just ran, scared. I failed those people, and I failed as a Jedi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom