Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back alleys and broken Ships

Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

orrax_Sci_fi_Crime_alley_dark_gothic_futuristicDirty_Nar_Shadda_7a27d7ab-db0c-446d-a2b2-b046566cf721.png

Nar Shaddaa wasn't the nicest place. Dirty and grungy in many of the islands that make up the metropolitan planet. In one of these alleys in particular, a group of shady gentlemen and women did business. A trading ring for parts of ships, speeders, and other mechanical wonders that were far cheaper than what the legitimate shops were selling them for. In addition, one could often contract these denizens to procure the stock should they not already have it. No questions asked. This, is where Modi found himself. a frustrated look on his face as he leaned against the wall. His stomach growling ever so slightly reminding him how long its been since the young man had enjoyed a proper meal. Its not that he didn't have the credits, but he didn't have the credits. Everything he had earned was being set aside for another reason. A way off this rock. Of all his adventures, this was his least favorite.

His frustration only continued well into the night as the other scabs would be quick to snatch a potential customer from him before he could even get to them himself. It was at this point one of the other scabs, a Rodian by the name of Clay, began harassing Modi. Words being exchanged of his lack of buisness and how fruitful his was. Modi had grown rather annoyed at this, threatening the Rodian to cease before it would get ugly... But the poor man didn't... This is when, Modi made the first blow. In a short fit of anger, the young man reached out and with all he had, sent a fist flying into the Rodian's face.

The Rodian didn't respond too well, or rather, didn't respond at all. The side of his reptilian face far more damaged than what would be normal from a simple punch. Modi looked on, but didn't care. Instead, he went back to his corner, folded his arms, and waited in silence...

Nar Shaddaa / Night

Dark grey cloak pulled up over his head, Brandyn kept his head and eyes down. Eye contact spooked the likes of those that made this part of the galaxy home. Eye contact said you knew something or someone. It meant you were now relevant in someone’s life, usually for ill. Brandyn desired no unnecessary entanglements, and as such made himself as irrelevant as possible.

Around Brandyn emanated a field of Force energy that didn’t obscure his presence entirely, it just caused people to look past him. He was forever the blur in their periphery, but never the focus of their attention. It has a technique he had learned after years of working undercover. He had learned many things during that time, and now felt almost more at home in the slums and back alleys than in the pristine hallways of Naboo nobility in which he had grown up.

He hadn’t been to Naboo in weeks. He might never return. He was happy being away. No, happy was too light a term. He was avoiding the pain of returning. No matter how much his parents death had sunk in, he still partially expected to see them alive and well in their family home. A home that had been destroyed long before his parents murder.

It was that murder that brought him to Nar Shaddaa. A murder most foul indeed. His lovely, loving mother caught in the crossfire of his father’s fool hardy quest to silence Force Users. The New Way was his father’s legacy, and his end. It was also Brandyn’s target.

He had the evidence of New Way activity, and a dossier of operatives that he had compiled in his days on Nar Shaddaa, but he was unable to leave. Someone had clearly been tipped off, and his small weaponless shuttle had been sabotaged. If he couldn’t pick up B-11 suppressor valve soon, things were going to get infinitely more difficult for him.

With that purpose in mind, he turned into an alley only to be almost run over by a beat up looking Rodian. Brandyn’s eyes followed the alien, even as he processed how he could have missed his approach. He was distracted. Distracted by the gaping maw of despair within. He shot a glance back down the alley and assessed the scene. No one looked to be standing guard for the Rodian’s return, so Brandyn assumed he was a lowlife no-hoper with no chance of organising a retaliatory mob.

As he made his way down the alley, he stretched out his mind with his feelings, seeking for guidance in the Force as to which store owner to approach. All here would be capable of procuring his needed wares, but not all would be amiable enough to do so. Finding the right person, the person just desperate enough, was the goal at hand.

It was just another night, the sounds of boots shuffling and drifters wandering filled the night air. Modi remained with his eyes closed and the back of his head pressed firmly against the wall in which he stood against. The sounds of the City were almost comforting to him. Even the distant sounds of the occasional blaster fire. He gave himself a soft chuckle as he heard it all. Allowed these sounds to come to him one after the other that is until something broke the symphony of music that was Citylife. A strange ebb and flow of -something- unexplainable. His eyes would open slowly and he would look directly towards the hooded figure with pure intent.

"Looking for something? Parts maybe?"

His gut spoke first, the man perhaps needed something, Hell he didn't really know but the words left him before he could even process them himself. He pulled the ends of his jacket back as he looked to the man, setting his hands firmly on his belt with his head tilted to one side.

"Whatever you need, I can probably get it for you. Better price too than alot of these scabs."​

He was in an alley known for parts-mongers. This left Brandyn unimpressed with the guess as to his intentions, and unsurprised that he was being solicited by some ne’er-do-well. Though, the Force did move oddly in the moment. He would be mindful of where this would lead, but cautious not to read too much into what could be mere coincidence.

”Yeah. Parts,” he said, muttering his response, but not offering a glance.

Persistence was key to the game of hustling on the streets. “I need to know how much it is worth before I can be convinced of that,” Brandyn said in reply, and with a subtle wave of his hand.

Finally, he turned, making eye contact with what appeared to be a typical street urchin all grown up. “B-11 suppressor valve. Find it. Meet me back in here in forty…and we will see if you have a better deal than what I can find elsewhere.”

Brandyn’s eyes were sunken, dark rings beneath revealing the sleep depravation that came with depression. Without even waiting for a response, Brandyn turned towards the first of several dealers that he hoped to barter with in the coming minutes. Time, though, was of the essence.

Modi Orrax Modi Orrax

Modi's eyes narrowed at the man who spoke, the look of urgency in the mans eyes masked over by his lack of sleep. He's seen it before, shit he's seen it in himself. While the other brokers started shouting prices at the man Modi slipped away worming his way through the alleyways of Nar Shaddaa and its many districts until he had made it to a local drydock. He approached one of the men there. A middle aged human wearing a vibrant yellow vest.

"B-11 Suppressor valve, i'll give you a third of my take on it."

The young man whispered in the mans ear dropping a couple of credits already in his palm. After a few moments Modi was pointed towards a darker section of the dock. He set to work quick producing his tools from his belt as he removed the part. His eyes watching all about the docks as he attempted to remain silent in removing the valve assembly from the existing ship.

Roughly fourty minutes would pass and Modi returned, the valve in hand. A dried streak of blood remained where the Rodian had once laid and the young man rolled his eyes.

"Damn idiot..."

He then set out to look for the cloaked figure once more, his eyes narrowing into the dark alleyway with a hardened focus. The sounds of the City around him flowing through him like a river. He remembered the mans voice, perhaps if he heard it again he'd find him...

“Bloody minded man,” Brandyn hissed as he stepped out of a nook that posed as a place of business.

”Scat off-worlder. You take your Core World arrogance somewhere else!” Came the reply from an unseen, though clearly irritated store owner.

Brandyn cursed as he pulled his robe around his chest. Apparently, he needed to hide his accent better. And that shopkeeper needed to know his maps better. Ignoring that, he was still empty handed.

Eyes fell on the nigh on forgotten man that had offered assistance. He had assumed that the guy would just disappear and look for some easier way to make money, but no. He was back. Brandyn’s eyebrow raised slightly.

”So. You find something?”

When Modi saw the man return from a shop being chased out he spoke with a clear corellian accent.

"Ought to be careful, people from Hutt space don't care too much for Core folk or people from the Alliance."

He held a box in his hands containing the part the man was looking for. Though Modi held it tightly to his body.

"Aye, I've got your part. Suppressor Valve, B-11. Untraceable, and clean."

This of course was a lie, or at least a half-truth, the device was untraceable but was definitely not clean

"Tell ya what, I'll even install it for ya."

In the far distance the sounds of boots thundering could be heard, faint and almost negligible to those either not listening for it or without gifts that enhanced ones sense of hearing. Modi looked back at the man

"Deal? Two hundred Credits."

There was a sense of urgency in his voice as the footsteps and shouting grew nearer.

Brandyn’s head tilted. Things seemed to be rushed all of a sudden. Turning his head towards the end of the alley from which he had come, Brandyn let out a loud, “Huh.”

“May I commend you on your acquisition of the valve,”
he said slowly, knowing smirk hiding beneath his otherwise tired visage.

“I would certainly be willing to enter…negotiations with you,” he continued, each word painfully slow.

“Two hundred though…is much…well…much to much…perhaps someone else will buy it from you?” He said, hand gesturing towards the end of the alleyway. There was no way that the valve had acquired cleanly in that short of time, unless this guy had it on him to start with, which was unlikely.

Modi swore a bit, his eyes rolling as he held the box out with one hand. For a brief second he looked over his shoulder before looking back to the cloaked man. A low rumble of annoyance leaving him before he huffed.

"Fine. One Hundred Credits. And -I- install it..."

Modi didn't want to drop so low, but had little choice in the matter. He looked over his shoulder once more, the balls of his feet turning lightly in the dusty and grimy durasteel in which they stood on.

"Deal's closing fast pretty boy."

“You think I’m pretty?” Brandyn said with a chuckle. Again, stalling to ratchet up the agony of the moment.

“100 creds and I install it myself,” came the eventual reply along with a calculated guess, “transport off this rock should cost say…100 credits.”

He took a deep breath, shoulders relaxing. Glancing over the man’s shoulders, Brandyn nodded in the same direction. “Deals not the only thing closing fast, cutie.”

Modi growled outwards, the young mans icy blue gaze focused on the robed figure, and as the foot steps rounded the corner. His breathing stopped for a moment.

"OY! Thats the Shitstain that stole my shit!"

Modi let out a final slow breath before he looked over at the figure once more. He pulled the box back into his hands. The balls of his feet dug into the ground as he pulled the box into his jacket.

"Fine. I'll find you. Don't go to another dealer."

With that Modi broke into a full on sprint nearly shoulder checking the cloaked figure as he swerved around him and deeper into the alleyway. A loud resounding "GET THAT KID!" would echo out through the alley way as blaster's were pulled upwards and fatal shots began to fire down the way towards the now fully sprinting Modi!

Modi was, thankfully, very quick. The young man leaping atop boxes and dumpsters, skirting along the sides of the walls as he would climb is way onto the roof. When he made it he held both hands outwards looking down into the alley with a taunting smile and heavy breathing

"Sorry Fella's but uh, you've got the wrong guy! I've never even heard of a B-11 Supressor Valve!"

The older men growled in frustration their weapons trained on Modi before they would open fire...

When it happens. It happens quick. Brandyn accepted the proffered component, and pouched it quickly. Time to go!

Despite almost being knocked off centre by the fleeing would-be-mechanic, Brandyn paid him little to no mind. He had what he needed. So he started making his way to the ship. It wasn’t his fault the other guy wanted to just hand over every last ounce of bargaining power and collateral he had over Brandyn.

Just as he reached he end of the alley, Brandyn paused. Something was nagging at him. Was that altruism returning? He let out a sigh. It had been easier getting things done without that pesky do-gooder attitude that he had had until recently.

Spinning back upon his heals, Brandyn made his way quickly over to the sound of the altercation.

”Gentleman. This things not worth your time,” he said with a wave of his hand.

“‘Ho are you?”
“Stay outta this strangah…”
”I want to shoot someone…”

Various cries came out from the assailants.

Brandyn waved his hand again, eyes narrowing. “This things not worth your time.”

“Eh. Come on boys…this thing ain’t worth our time.”
”Yeah, not worth our time.”
”Not wurf it, aye.”

Brandyn raised his hands in agreement. “You are wise beyond your years.”

The moment they rounded the nearest corner, Brandyn nodded towards the opposite direction. “Come on…it won’t last long.”

Modi was running along the rooftops of Nar Shaddaa. His breathing growing ragged as he did so. Eventually, when he realized he wasn't being chased anymore. The young man let out a slow breath and leaned over, resting his hands on his knees he let out a loud yell. He reached into his jacket to procure the box... Wait. Where was it? His thoughts began to drift off as he looked around, realizing he must've set it in the mans hands Modi let out a loud swear to himself.

"Oh Fuck me... Well... Lets hope Honor is a thing..."

With that, the young man then turned on his heel and made for the closest landing pads. When he arrived he began his usual asking around, paying those he needed too with what little he had when he realized he only had about seventy five Credits left he bit his lip. This was his way off world... Lets hope some good ol fashioned persuasion works out. Eventually through enough digging up he narrowed his search down through a handfew of docks. He began searching each one, one at a time...

::some time later::
Footsteps were approaching. Through the Force, Brandyn felt a sincere feeling of relief. He put the pieces of the puzzle together, and did not even turn around. “Name’s Brandyn. And I think I owe you a hundred credits.”

He no longer wore his robe, instead just one of his standard dark grey jumpsuits. The momentum of his turn caused his lightsaber to lift slightly before gently hitting his leg again. He wasn’t hiding who he was.

”And who is that owes me a hundred credits?”

Modi was slightly out of breath a bit red in the cheeks as he approached. Finally approaching he held up a finger before stuffing his hands behind his head. A loud exhausted sigh left him as he looked towards Brandyn. The lightsaber catching his eye.

"Oh shit. That a laser sword? A lightsaber right? Where'd you get that? How does it work? I heard they use a simple power cell. That true?"

He seemed more focused on the workings of the weapon than anything else for the moment. He began to rattle on a bit more before he focused up. Growing a bit more serious.

"Right sorry, names Modi. And uh yeah. You said a hundred for a ferry yeah? Well. Where are you heading? Before we talk about handing over money."

“Now you care about where I’m going?” Brandyn said with a chuckle. He temporarily ignored all the other hullabaloo.

Lifting a crate of supplies, Brandyn slid them into the hatch on the side of the shuttle. It was a small, two person craft with maybe enough room to hold a couple standard cargo crates. Brandyn had a hammock hanging over his cargo, and a spare available. Anyone looking at the craft would have to wonder where they might get any measure of rest.

”If you are OK travelling with a Jedi,” Brandyn said as he stepped up towards the cockpit, “then I will drop you anywhere between here and Coruscant.”

Modi pursed his lips looking over the small ship, hell it was better than where he was currently staying. It was only after he would look over his shoulder and in the far distance saw a familiar looking figure, that the young man looked back at the Jedi.

"So long as you don't kill me or steal from me, I don't care. Whatya say we get going! You can drop me off wherever you're going..."

The man paused looking once more at the small ships interior.

"Yyou already install the part? I can do it quickly while you get take off going? Call it free for taking me wherever it is you're going
."

The young man was quick to start stepping on the shuttle, pulling his coat off to reveal a rather dirty and functional shirt. Grease stains covered it nearly top to bottom.

“There you go again. Being in a hurry and all,” Brandyn said, as he noted the nervousness Modi exuded. The Jedi also noted the figure approaching from a distance.

”Not a friend of yours then, I take it.”

Brandyn picked up one of the last two items that needed transporting, a crate no more than half a meter in width. He thrust it into Modi’s arms. “You take that…and come back for the other one. I will start preflight checks.”

Modi let out a relieved sigh as the Jedi entered the ship. With the crate in his arms he shuffled his way inside the vessel. He let out a quiet whistle as he looked at the small set up

"Comfy..."

He brought the crate over and set it down with whatever other cargo was on the ship. He was quick to close the ramp before slamming himself in the copilot seat, if there was one that is. A cheeky grin split his lips.

"So where we going? Don't worry as soon as we get there I'll be out of your hair."

Brandyn glanced about the small internals of the shuttle. “Any place will feel like the outdoors after a week in here, trust me,” he said with a lopsided grin. His hand hovered of the controls for the ship before firing up the repulsors.

The ship lurched, creaking and groaning, into the air. It was little more than a bucket. A creaking, groaning, thrumming metal bucket.

”Hope you like rations…and aren’t pee shy…there isn’t room for extravagances like doors to the evacuator or hot meals,” he said as the ship start its slow ascent out of the hangar bay. Brandyn offered an apologetic wave to the figures walking into their former hangar bay.

“Gonna tell me who those guys are?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom