Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private (Baby) Don't Fear the Reaper

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The lounge of the Reaper was alive with music. Giran Thraker Giran Thraker would know why, it was Jonyna's way of relaxing. She knew she'd need it. War had been declared.

Her thoughts wandered as the music from her time rang through the room. Maybe it was her own fault. Taking on padawans when she wasn't ready, taking on Shai Maji Shai Maji back on Rodia. The now fallen mando seemed poised to help negotiations. A broker of peace. Now she was dead, and war had come. Could things have gone differently had that single life continued? She didn't know.

What she did know that she needed to unwind before things got hairy. A stressed cat was a cat that made mistakes. She wanted to go back to the days of old. Maybe she'd put on some Bucky Stardust and have a laugh...

Tag: Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Rayia Si Rayia Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

New_GA1.png

Giran would be in the Reaper working on some repairs that Jonyna had asked him to do. Advanced tech like the onces used here where something he was still getting use too, however now that he was in this time period he needed to adapt. Better to start now right? He heard the music coming from the halls and got up, wiping his brow of swet as he made his way to the lounge seeing Jonyna in her usual position he walked up "So...with the music blaring I can only think of three things; One someone died and you blame yourself, two the TV isn't working and you cant watch Bucky Stardust, or Three your bored and wanting attention" He said, crossing his arms as he looked to her.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"You know me so well."
Jonyna lazily answered, smirking at her mate. "Someone died, but it wasn't my fault. Just...pondering the ramifications of it. This war might've been avoidable." She patted the seat next to her on the couch. "Com'ere. I wanna talk. Make sure we're on the same page. Also cuddles."

Tag: Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

"Pwat!" Rayia spat out the faux-feathers of her pillow as her eyes groggily opened. She had been taking a nap following an intense training session. Fortunately, she had slept soundly in her exhaustion. Not plagued by any of her usual nightmares regarding windships, the star ocean, or disappointing her tribe by refusing to take part in the succession ritual as demanded of her. As a result, she hadn't added to the growing number of scratches, rents, and holes that could be found contained to her bedframe. Rayia resisted as best she could the beast's urge to flee, to rip open the walls and escape. But that was whilst she was awake. The best she could do when the beast within tossed fitfully in her sleep, was to chain herself down so that her powerful claws would only compromise her bedding. Studying the jagged edges and holes in the split metal, Rayia bit her lip. She was going to have to fix those lest one of her companions discover them. Rayia wasn't entirely prepared for the conversation that would follow.

Becoming aware of the music spilling out from the hall and penetrating through her doorway, Rayia's ears twitched. It was familiar enough, though she had not known Jonyna for long enough to guess the intention behind it as Giran had. Sleepily, Rayia rubbed at her eyes and dressed. She stumbled into the lounge a moment later. Ever since coming to Vossport, Rayia had acquired a taste for caff. She generally ignored everyone until she had managed to brew a steaming pot. Today was no exception as she watched the burbling brown liquid boil, filling the air with wispy tendrils as it steamed. Pouring three mugs, she plonked herself down opposite her mentor. 'Mentors,' Rayia corrected, as she slid both Jonyna and Giran a cup. For she didn't doubt that there was lessons that they could both teach her. Lessons which would vary wildly from their unique perspectives.

"Morning..." Rayia mumbled.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Now cuddled up against Giran Thraker Giran Thraker , Jonyna couldn't help but let out a soft purr as her eyes tracked her padawan awoke and offered her some morning joe to the cathar. "Thanks Rayia Si Rayia Si , I can use this." She took a rather loud slurp, before looking up to her mate. "I fought a mando a while back. Shai, was her name. She was a Shistivanan, like Khairan was. She...didn't want to go to war. Now she's dead. And...I can't help but think she couldn't helped stop the war."

The cathar's tail flicked, wrapping around Giran's leg as she spoke. Was it possible to end the war now? Sure, but now only through violence. Part of her believed that was the only ever solution. A cathar knew more than anyone that the only language mandos really spoke was violence. It was the foundation of their culture. A story as old as time itself, warriors who see nothing but potential opponents. Her mind turned to inward, considering the thought when it comes to Catahr culture. But she knew there was a difference. A distinct difference. Cathar were hunters, Mandos were predators. They looked for fights, looked for violence and saw the world only as an arena. Cathar saw the world as it is. A place where things die, and animals need to eat.

New_GA1.png

"I fought a mando a while back. Shai, was her name. She was a Shistivanan, like Khairan was. She...didn't want to go to war. Now she's dead. And...I can't help but think she couldn't helped stop the war."
"Try not to blame yourself too much Jonyna...you and I both know not everything in this galaxy is our fault" Giran said holding her close "Im sure that you had done everything you could, and whether or not war has happened. There's nothing we can do now but move forward and try to stop the war in her name and honor"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

Rayia slumped forwards onto the table as Jonyna accepted her cup of caff. The cool surface on her cheek was comforting and Rayia was almost tempted to slip back into the embrace of dreams. Almost, except for the particularly heavy conversation and mood that seemed to be gloomily pressing down on her mentor. Rousing herself, she traced a circle over the table's surface with a claw. Downing a similarly large slurp of caff, Rayia seemed to perk up immediately. Her ears twitched as they rose slightly, and golden eyes gleamed in the light of the illumination panels. It was almost the same effect if someone dangled the prospect of steak in front of her, if slightly less potent.

She listened attentively to both the issue plaguing Jonyna and Giran's response. She was starting to appreciate the measured perspective Giran had, even if she struggled to understand it sometimes. It was refreshing and tended to balance out Jonyna's tendencies. 'Yours too,' she heard a small voice in the back of her head. Rayia shook her head to ward off the nagging thoughts and turned her focus back to the topic at hand. Whether or not a single individual could determine the fate of a great hunt, and whether or not there was any responsibility to be had in a huntresses' death when they did not want to hunt at all.

Felacatians, at least those in the Feral Queen's Tribe on Weik, tended to share the same view of events as Cathar. At least in terms of the broader strokes with regards to predators, prey, and the cycle. Having been raised in that environment for most of her life, Rayia found herself shaking her head. "It seems to me that those who seek a Great Hunt outnumber the ones who do not. We for example...," Rayia says, motioning to herself with her free hand, " Instinct compels us to hunt and to defend our territories and tribe members but that is a natural end to things. Woe to those who abuse it or us." Then Rayia raised her left hand and unfurled her clawed fingers, "The ones who seek perhaps do not understand the bitter taste and cost of a Great Hunt. This simply is to sate their pride, their desire for conquest. Any further ends they meet will only be thrown upon the pyre, stirring the breezes of hatred and spite. To alleviate that would be the only way to stop it."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I knooooow~" Jonyna whined, burying her head into Giran Thraker Giran Thraker 's shoulder. "It just bugs me. I feel like people only see me as 'the violent one', but like...I didn't want a war. I wanted us to find some level of peace so I could focus on helping my people prosper." Her tail flicked, a low growl coming from Giran's shoulder. "Now we gotta fight a war against a people who only see themselves as the heroes. Real heroes aren't like that. They don't firebomb planets, regardless of rebellions. They don't crash ships into cities."

New_GA1.png

"Now we gotta fight a war against a people who only see themselves as the heroes. Real heroes aren't like that. They don't firebomb planets, regardless of rebellions. They don't crash ships into cities."
"In my experience. It's not necessarily about who is the hero and villain, nor who is good or bad." Giran said sighing softly as he rubbed Jonyna's arm softly "In the end of it all, history is written by victors. Take what the Empire did with the Jedi Order, we were branded as villains, evil people who kidnapped children from their homes and tried to overthrow the government. The Empire wrote that as history because they were the one's who defeated the Jedi in the end of it all" Giran said, he slightly leaning into Jonyna "We can't define people by what others say they have done, rather we need to make our own opinions on people, rather then take the 'facts' or 'history' at face value"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I don't like that idea G. History isn't written by the victors, it's written by people who study it. Who look back and ask what happened. At least..." She frowned, looking up at her mate with a sad look. "That's what happens when the good guys win. The Empire lost, and we had 20 years of history to look back on while Farmboy set up his new order. They wrote the history. It should be about good or bad, because if we just let morality fall by the wayside, then we're just back to being predators in the jungle."

She let out a sigh, looking to Rayia Si Rayia Si "What you wanna do today kid? I got a couple ideas for training, or we could just chillax today..."

New_GA1.png

"I don't like that idea G. History isn't written by the victors, it's written by people who study it. Who look back and ask what happened"
"I know Jonyna, I don't like that it's like that. It should be written by people who study it. But unfortunately as history has shown, it is mostly written by the victors. We can't change the past, but at the very least we can focus on now, making our future not about who wins or loses, who's good or bad. But facts and logic" Giran said, holding his mate close "Speaking of history...I had taken a trip to Christophsis a few weeks ago and I ran into a Cathar who bore a striking resemblance to you."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom