Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech BABUIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit an Artificial Intelligence to supervise Mandalore's defences.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Artificial Intelligence
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Mirdirmorut
  • Model: BABUIR
  • Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Electronics, code, digits.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Sentience programming
  • Access to plethora of information on Mandalorian history, culture and tactical data
  • Distributed node architecture allowing AI to spread and communicate where necessary, can remotely become part of any small comm capable computing unit, turning it into a networked node it can only do this for "several companies' worth of troopers".
  • Naval command programming and electronic warfare capabilities
  • Placed within the 10 beskar-briiruud-steel-circle
DESCRIPTION

Designed as a venture from Mirdirmorut this AI was designed to be the second, albeit shackled, artificial intelligence known to be created solely by Mandalorian hands. This also showed how far Mirdirmorut could take their own creations. Especially in the fields of droids and droid-like technology

Based in its 10 processing node within the 10 beskar-briiruud-steel-circle, the sentient intelligence was set to become self aware immediately upon activation. Mirdirmorut had planned for this hence the shackle given. The program itself making the independent decision of calling itself BABUIR as it wasn't given a name or a nickname as Mirdirmorut scientists knew it will give itself one. Though it was programmed with female personality, the AI quickly decided in favour of a unisex name, and often chooses to represent itself holographically or on a screen as a young mandalorian woman very close in appearance to [member="Beth Australis"]. Like most sentient beings, the AI itself is partly insane, just like everyone else. No one knows why it chose Beth as it's template but most believe it was due to Beth being the first person it saw as well as he optimism and the way other members of her family treat her with immense love and care.

The AI's primary mission goals and objectives are threefold. Supervise, protect and educate all the children on mandalore, by assisting the teachers there. Command and control of all the Defences of mandalore, functioning as both network for the defence systems, and Commanding Officer. Provide interlinked communication between Mandalorian forces and mandalore's defences at all times, functioning as a central hub for all Mandalorian military communications for the entire ME.

Communicating either visually, by audio, or both in full holo depending on the circumstances and available technology, BABUIR is a constant presence and comfort to all Mandalorian forces, keeping watch on them, and listening out when they call for her. Generally being optimistic about the way the mandalorians will manage whatever they need to do with her help.

Strengths:
  • Distributed networking ability allow the AI to function well beyond the confines of its primary ship-based node.
  • Sentient and hyperintelligent, able to process a much wider amount of information much faster than average beings
  • Able to function as a command unit for the mandalore's defence systems
  • Has ten times the processing power of a normal AI as it ha 10 AI cores.
  • The AI is very hard to slice and will actively attempt to slice back attempting to defeat the enemy slicer.
Weaknesses:
  • Shackled nature of the AI limits its usefulness and capability outside of its primary functions of education, vessel command, and communications.
  • Localised nature of the primary architecture means the AI cannot spread unchecked, nor take control of any technology other than communications or the vessel housing the primary node.
  • Eccentricities that have developed naturally in the AI subroutines cause the intelligence to sometimes disregard or ignore even basic commands that interfere even remotely with its primary objectives.
  • As each of the AI Cores are destroyed it is less able to handle all the defence systems of mandalore.
  • An EMP or Ion Blast to one of it's cores would force the AI to reboot.

Netherworld

[member="Tom Taff"]

Tom Taff said:
Distributed node architecture allowing AI to spread and communicate where necessary, can remotely become part of any any small comm capable computing unit, turning it into a networked node.
  • This needs to be taken back a few notches. As it currently reads it could spread to every comm unit of every trooper in the ME network, which is simply too much, even with ten AI cores.
I would also like to know how the AI fares against Ion/EMP and slicing – please add any relevant strengths or weaknesses from this into the submission as well.

Tag me with your edits / questions, and we can move this along. :)

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Netherworld"]

Okay added a weakness for EMP/Ion while adding a strength for slicing to show what you wanted to see.

As for the comm network, you said you would like it taken back a few notches. Could you please give me an example of what you would like it to be more?

Netherworld

[member="Tom Taff"]

Currently the scope and reach of your AI are too broad. I would like you to put some sort of limitation on this, as well as how many "additional nodes" it can create on its own.

This doesn't have to be a hard number, just put some sort of limit on it so we don't end up with a single AI controlling all of ME space at once.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Netherworld"]

Okay can do, I have said it can do it for between 10,000 to 20,000. As I would argue each core could take create between 1,000 to 2,000 nodes. Is that acceptable to you?

Netherworld

[member="Tom Taff"]

As I said above, we prefer to avoid hard numbers in the factory. It just leads to pointless stats wars.

Could you please define it more in the sense of "several companies' worth of troopers" or something to that effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom