Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech B3-Heavy Battle Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

star_wars_battle_droid__redesign__by_bigkettle21-dambd9k.jpg
  • Intent: To create an upgraded version of the B1 Battle Droid
  • Image Source: Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Battle droid
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Gahenn Droid Foundry
  • Affiliation: Crimson hand
  • Model: B3 Battle droid
  • Production: Minor
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Material: Durasteel, droid components
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fourth Degree
  • Weight: 145kg
  • Height: 1.96m
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: Thermal detonators, E-5 Heavy Blaster Rifle
  • Misc. Equipment: N/A
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • N/A
Strengths:
  • The droid has better accuracy than the standard B-1, making them more lethal in numbers
  • The B-3 has a higher Intelligence than the B-1, making them better when it comes to taking cover, and combating hostiles.
  • Thicker armor built onto the droid just simply means it requires more blaster bolts to take them down.
  • Taking Inspiration from the IG-100 Magnaguard, the Droid has a second brain unit built into its torso, allowing it to continue fighting if it is decapitated.
Weaknesses:
  • The droid's system is easily knocked out by EMP Weaponry
  • The droid's height makes it a bigger target, resulting in it being more attractive to blaster fire.
DESCRIPTION
Once the heavy amount of specialized Battle Droids was produced, a standard trooper was needed. Something to outclass the B1, but remain outclassed by the B2. Thus, the B3 heavy Battle Droid was made. This took a newly designed B1 Battle Droid Appearance and put it on a thicker frame. It still has to carry a blaster rifle, but this rifle is capable of being a heavier hitter than the standard E-5 Blaster Rifle. The targeting computer and core processor was upgraded, making the droid smarter and more accurate than its B1 Baby Brother. The only issues that were found when testing the droids, were that it was more susceptible to EMP weaponry, due to the amount of plating and extra circuitry put into the unit, and that it was a larger target, simply due to the close to 2-meter height it had.

[member="John Locke"] Done. This is the first time an FJ had asked for the link of the foundry simply due to how many of these things I had already made. I did it with the first droid I made and then I kept going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom