Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ayyy, looka me, Imma freakin’ new over here.

Heya folks, new to the community. Don’t know a ton of stuff about Star Wars and the only Role Playing I’ve ever done was half of a D&D campaign. Isolation has made me want to immerse myself in another world and Star Wars seemed like a good pick. Not really sure how this forum role play works. So you just make a character and start telling a story? No game elements?

Welcome!

A good place to start is the Rules section, which can be found on the top right of the page in between Forums and Articles. Look through the character creation rules and begin from there. Another good suggestion is to join the discord! We are always willing to help you with your questions!

GlaciusTS GlaciusTS

if they're watching anyways
GlaciusTS GlaciusTS hey!

There are some larger-scale 'game' elements, specifically the map game -- but as a new writer, I don't think you should worry about that at all. Start by checking out the rules up top to learn what's up (and find the character template). I also strongly suggest joining the Discord server; there are lots of great people there, and it's a lot easier to get help!

Don't hesitate to reach out to me (or any of the other people dropping welcome messages) if you have any questions.

Can't wait to see you get writing!

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Welcome! GlaciusTS GlaciusTS

Yeah just read the rules and make a character! Don't worry too much about being knowledgeable on every little detail of Star Wars friend, you'll just get a headache trying. Plus I can guarantee someone will always help you if you have questions.

Have fun!

GlaciusTS GlaciusTS AAAAAYYY I'm WALKIN' here!

Welcome. The shortest way I can explain it is - consider it like writing a story with every post. As folks have said check out the rules, create a character, and get to know folks and see where you'd fit. Also most folks make a subaccount to post as their characters.

Ariel Yvarro

A
GlaciusTS GlaciusTS welcome welcome to the board, and all of these folks have provided some really great answers. Definitely pop into the main discord channels, check out different factions, make different characters if ya want and have fun! If you have any questions we're all happy to help. :D

Happy to walk you through getting started if you want, you will know more of the mechanical game play stuff than me in a week, but it can assist you in getting accustomed to the writing side if you wish. Send me a message with your discord and we can talk :)

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
~gasps~
Oh my... what big teeth you have....
Please don't take offense if I remain on this side of the terminal and just use holograms to communicate with you.

Haha..just kidding. :p
Ok, so I'm still snuggly safe behind a terminal, but let me warmly welcome you to CHAOS. :)
A lot of your concerns seem to have already been relayed. It's quite easy as you see to interact and get involved in open stories...or private ones, if you care to invite or be invited to. In short, the only thing required is a good imagination. One which I don't foresee you being short on as you've played DD.

So enjoy your time here and have fun writing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom