Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Axios-Class Space Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
julian-faylona-polaris-engine.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To develop a unique Space Station model for the implementation of a First Order Military Academy.
  • Image Source: Julian Faylona
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: (Orbital Space Station)
  • Length: 5000m
  • Width: 5000m
  • Height: 1250m
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Hangar Space: Average : 28
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 10
    • Support Craft: 18
  • Maneuverability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: None
  • Hyperdrive: Not Equipped
STANDARD FEATURES
  • All Standard Features
    • Automated Point Defense Laser Turrets
    • Anti-Missile Ballistic Intercept System
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Modular Ring Habitation System
    • Rotating around the station are two massive habitation rings. This is where the station's occupants living quarters are housed as well as various modules which allow for administrative function such as offices, armories, simulation rooms, etc. Also contained as an integral system of the ring are escape pods.
  • Drop Pod Launch System
    • Contained in various modules attached to the Habitation Rings are drop pod deployment stations. These allow the residents of the station to be delivered to the 'surface' of the station usable for training exercises. Alternatively, these drop pod stations allow for deployment to nearby planetoids or as an alternate escape pod.
  • Artificial Green Space
    • Due to the unique nature of this station, 8 various wedges contain modular environments for combat training. 4 are massive, covering the full width of the station, 4 are smaller and more tailorable for specific combat scenarios. Perhaps the greatest strength of this system is the integrated Shield/Drop Pod Deployment system which allows for drop pods from the station's outer rings to deploy inside these green spaces using a complex encrypted algorithm. This allows the drop pods to pass though the shields as they deploy but retains station integrity. It also keeps unauthorized craft or space debris from entering these green spaces.
  • Conner Net Defense System
    • Beware the vessel that strays too close to the station. An automated conner net defense system is installed in both major sections of the station, the central structure as well as the two habitation rings. This can be used to disable and slow down vessels enough to allow for the station's defense weaponry to engage and eliminate any threat.
  • G-003 Tri-Tracker Hardpoints
    • Perhaps the only real anti-capital ship grade weaponry, these turrets are mounted on the station, allowing it an impressive defensive capability. The strengths of the G-002 Tri-Tracker Hardpoint system is its ability to accurately predict and provide firing solutions on vessels even outside its sensor range.
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited Anti-Capital Ship Weaponry
  • Limited Starfighter Capacity
  • No Hyperdrive
  • Small Organic Security Complement
DESCRIPTION

This station was designed in collaboration with many First Order engineers but its concept was developed by none other than the First Order's own, Rolf Amsel. The unique design features of this station precluded it from general production. Also of note, is the express function of the station itself. Designed as an academy of war, the station caters to combat training both in and out of gravity controlled environments. The First Order has long been dormant and the military has enjoyed a relative period of peace - but as all good leaders know, peace is temporary. In an effort to keep the First Order's troopers well trained and proficient, this station was developed to allow for veteran troops to utilize as a training facility as well as assuming new cadets in an effort to bolster the Order's Officer Corps.

Last edited:
Rolf Amsel Rolf Amsel

Looks good for the most part, though one major issue will need to be addressed - its size. 7.5 kilometres is squarely in Super Star Destroyer territory, which does not seem to be what you intend with this submission, given the absence of Dominion links and the like. You have two options here, the size can be brought down to 5 KM (Which'd match your current Hangar Space; was this your original intent?) or it can be made civilian.

You are also missing the Market Status field under "Affiliation" - it needs to be included for anything short of an SSD/Dreadnought; furthermore, you will need to link the First Order under Manufacturer.

I can stamp this once these are resolved one way or the other, though I would suggest cleaning up some template leftovers and the like, notably the bracketed paragraph in Advanced Systems and the stray bullet point in Standard Features.​

AMCO AMCO

I wasn't aware that for factory purposes Stations also met the Dreadnoughts/SSD requirements. I have adjusted the size accordingly. The original intent was to develop a military academy, which would be notably less armed than a standard military station but much more than a civilian station which ostensibly would be "None". I think it'll buff out the way it is now, I fixed the size and updated the hyperlink in "The FIrst Order". Also removed template leftovers.

Thank you!

Rolf Amsel Rolf Amsel

Copy that, figured it might be something along those lines - Military Stations are treated the exact same as Military Starships in the current version of the Factory, meaning that they can be Dreadnoughts/SSDs. Anyway, you've added an extra zero in Length by accident, please remove it; you will also need to add the Market Status field, per my last message and the Starship Templates.

As for armaments, if you want it to be weaker than a ship of the same size I'd reduce it from "High" to "Low"; regarding Civilian Stations, those can hold some limited weapons, mostly point defence and such. They cannot hold starfighters, however, at least in a combat capacity - I imagine ones meant for training purposes and the like would be a-OK, so long as no attempt is made to use them outside training scenarios.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom