Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Awe (Wrath-Class Fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
luc_fontenoy_01.jpg

Image Source: http://huaban.com/pins/578369535/
Affiliation: LOOM, Ultimatum
Manufacturer: LOOM
Model: Wrath-class Starfighter
Modularity: Weapon payloads can be changed to take on different missions
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel Hull

Classification: Atmospheric Fighter
Length: 32 m
Height: 8 m
Width: 17 m

Armament: 15
Laser Cannons
Proton Torpedo Launcher
Ion Cannons
Concussion Missile Launchers
Slug Cannon
Disruptor Torpedo

Defenses: 15

Squadron Count: 4

Special Features:
Advanced Radar
Molecular Shielding

Maneuverability Rating:
Atmosphere: 2.5
Space: 12

Speed Rating:
Atmosphere: 2.5
Space: 10

Hyperdrive Class: None

Strengths:
Fast and Deadly
Will outperform most Starfighters in atmospheric conditions
Controlled via droid brain

Weaknesses:
Has no Hyperdrive
Not built to perform as effectively in a vacuum, such as space

Description:
The Awe fighters are atmospheric vessels intended to act as part of an invasion force. It is normally piloted by a droid brain with two organics acting as backup should the system shut down. The design of the ship is suited to atmospheric flight, and it meant to perform better than the majority of Starfighters in an atmosphere. However, because it is optimized for in atmosphere flight, its systems are not truly made for outer space. While the ship is capable of flying in a void, its performance will drop dramatically.

The ship is designed with a Molecular shield so that most Starfighters will find it a difficult fight. The ship is intended to fight off Starfighters, which are the most common form of defensive vehicle on most worlds, through its superior speed and maneuverability in atmosphere. The main idea is for the ship to attack before the enemy vessels have time to properly prepare, whether that be with the ships in the air or still preparing to take off. Further the full spectrum sensors aboard the craft have been modified in such a way as to make it more easily break through sensor jamming. To make up for this, the energy receptors have been weakened.

Development Thread: O Light to Us Wanderers Here
Intent: To create a ship to be used as part of a soon to be created combat force.
Who Can Use This: Ultimatum, those who are given/purchase a vessel
Primary Source:N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Ultimatum said:
Molecular Shielding
This feature will require a fair amount of development (at least 30 posts) and/or a reduction in production level.

Ultimatum said:
Advanced Radar

What makes this radar advanced?

Ultimatum said:
Maneuverability Rating: 4 Speed Rating: 4
I'd recommend separating this section into ratings for space, and ratings for atmosphere.

Ultimatum said:
Modularity: Weapon payloads can be changed to take on different missions
From the starship template:

Armament Ratings provide only basic weaponry unless the ship also has a breakdown of weapons.
I'd really recommend listing weapons if you want a lot of modularity in what weapons this can use. As I understand the template, while it is possible to have only an armament rating with some modularity, it doesn't allow the use of special weapons. So in other words, it would only be able to switch out with the most basic and common weapons.

If you're are unsure where to start with a weapons list, I'd recommend using the ones used by the gunship:
Armament: Rating 14
4 Laser Cannons
Twin Laser Cannon Turret
3 Proton Torpedo launchers (4 each)

Alright so firstly I made the adjustments to speed, maneuverability, and added a breakdown of the potential weapons that can be used.

As for the advanced radar, I do not have a specific idea of what is considered normal, as far as star wars radars go, the only concept I had was that it is simply better than average scanners used on most starships. If you have a suggestion for replacing that with an actual scanner I am all ears.

I will begin work on the dev thread, I'll see if I can't find some people to do it with.

Thanks so far.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Ultimatum said:
Model: Wrath-class Starfighter
Just noticed that this name doesn't match the "Awe" mentioned in the title and description. Not sure which one you want to change.

Ultimatum said:
As for the advanced radar, I do not have a specific idea of what is considered normal, as far as star wars radars go, the only concept I had was that it is simply better than average scanners used on most starships. If you have a suggestion for replacing that with an actual scanner I am all ears.

A basic starfighter generally has three different sensors available to it: a full-spectrum transceiver (pretty close to radar), electro photo receptors (basically cameras/telescopes), and dedicated energy receptors (pretty much deals with anything using energy).

It's not uncommon to see any of these sensor arrays modified or enhanced in some way, but it's one of those things where rather than saying that it is "advanced", you describe how it is advanced. For your radar/FST example, it could have a longer range than normal, a better resolution, or cutt hrough sensor jamming quicker, and so forth.

Okay, so I added this to the last paragraph:

"Further the full spectrum sensors aboard the craft have been modified in such a way as to make it more easily break through sensor jamming. To make up for this, the energy receptors have been weakened."

As for the model that was intentional. The name of the vessel/s is Awe while its Model is Wrath-class, the idea being that I will eventually make more fighters and other craft that are Wrath-class, using similar systems, but they have different names. Would it be preferable to have them the same?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Ultimatum said:
As for the model that was intentional. The name of the vessel/s is Awe while its Model is Wrath-class, the idea being that I will eventually make more fighters and other craft that are Wrath-class, using similar systems, but they have different names. Would it be preferable to have them the same?
So the "Awe" is the name of one of the Wrath-class Fighters?

Awe is the name of a type of Wrath-class fighter. Similar concept to a TIE Fighter is part of the TIE model, but there are other TIEs, such as the TIE Bomber.
Sorry if it is confusing.
[member="Gir Quee"]

Ultimatum said:
Awe is the name of a type of Wrath-class fighter. Similar concept to a TIE Fighter is part of the TIE model, but there are other TIEs, such as the TIE Bomber. Sorry if it is confusing.
Naming conventions are ultimately your call. I might suggest something like "Awe Wrath-class fighter" or something like t hat.

Ultimatum said:
Maneuverability Rating: Atmosphere: 4 Space: 12 Speed Rating: Atmosphere: 4 Space: 10 Strengths: Fast and Deadly Will outperform most Starfighters in atmospheric conditions

To meet your strength's description, I'd suggest making both atmospheric speed and maneuverability "2.5".

I went ahead and changed the title to reflect the suggestion. It makes sense, sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for letting me know about speed and maneuverability. I appreciate it.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom