Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aurek-Zerek Avatar Node, from iBorg in conjunction with Tanlab

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: iBorg Prosthetic Augments and Tanlab Industries
  • Affiliation: iBorg and Tanlab (Companies authorized to use this submission), Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase)
  • Model: TL-09
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor (Large groups of characters. (IE: A Single Major Faction, a few companies, or groups.)
  • Material: Electronics, Agrinium, Desh-Terenthium, Mythra, Duralumin
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Neural Implant
  • Size: Extremely Small
  • Weight: Extremely Light
  • Resistances (Optional): N/a
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Capable of Installing a Virtual Restraining Bolt within a droid after remotely interfacing with them, overriding the signal flow of a droids central processor to its body and components, in favor of signals sent through and received by the virtual Restraining Bolt. In essence, after interfacing with a droid, the user will be able to override all of the droid's functions if they so desired and control them as if they were them.
STRENGTHS
  • Assuming Direct Control - No need for manual use of controls for droids or starships the neural interface is created with, your thoughts alone will be enough to take full command.
WEAKNESSES
  • Latency - Depending on the distance between the user and the connected device
  • Information Clutter - If the augments safety processor malfunctions it can overload the user's mind with too much information.
  • Avatar - This augment is intended to mold the user into the perception of the device they connect to, so use of their body at the same time that the augment is running may result in its safety processor malfunctioning and causing information clutter that disables the user's control and ability to disable the augment without outside assistance.
  • Synaptic Misfire - Humanoid droid forms of 5 meters or more cause bizarre psychological reactions in users attempting to take direct control of them, the software confusing droid commands as body signals to be ignored, rendering them unable to be piloted beyond standing still. This seems to be the case even if the user is not strictly humanoid in shape. iBorg is still looking into the bizarre programming error but failing to progress in the debugging process they decided simply to release the otherwise functional implant system after the project overran budgeting and scheduling constraints.
DESCRIPTION

Using Aurna Vern's previous experience and the experience of Lance of Dreams, both Tanlab Industries and IBorg's Augments worked together to create a device that would allow one to take control of a droid or starfighter. The key to this is that in the augment is a processor that restricts the amount of information passed to the host at once to stop them from being overloaded with information.

Last edited:
Lance of Dreams Lance of Dreams | Alli Vern Alli Vern

What is the status of this submission? According to the rules of pre-factory, you can only leave a submission here for a month, a time limit which you have surpassed now.

Please let me know if you intend to complete this submission in the near future, or if you'd like me to archive it till you have more time.

Lance of Dreams Lance of Dreams | Alli Vern Alli Vern

I love the concept of this submission, I really really love it, but there are just a few issues I want to bring up with you before we move it forward.

1) Double posting

Only one person should post the submission per thread, while I understand what you are looking to do, using the two posts to show permission, permissions should be in the form of screenshots or links to RP or company threads. To that end, I will be hiding Alli's post, if you could please adjust the first post to show permission properly.

2) Controlling Droids

This is a very very cool ability, but there is one problem that jumps out immediately to me. The ability to in essence pilot a droid would allow the user of this submission to take over a battle droid, some of which would then be in contravention of the mech rule. While a cool ability, this would need significant limits placed on it to prevent this from happening otherwise the submission is extremely open to abuse.

John Locke John Locke I was under the impression that the Mech Rule would apply to droids/vehicles that take a too humanoid form. Are there any Battle Droids of sufficient size with a humanoid shape where taking direct command of it would be in violation of the mech rule?

Otherwise, perhaps I could add a weakness for size stipulations? I imagine a standard mind wouldn't be able to have enough synoptic connections to control a machine the size of a Star Destroyer for example.

Lance of Dreams Lance of Dreams

There are some droids that have been subbed that are that big, but got through because they were droids and therefore not pilotable. My major concern is preventing your submission from being abused by other writers, perhaps without realising it, and being pulled up later.

I think adding a size stipulation would be the best thing to do, perhaps humanoid to 5m (the chaos definition of mecha size) because it's too similar so the brain starts to dissociate if it's much bigger than that, and for non-humanoid, you can go somewhat larger. A construction droid is different enough that the brain shouldn't have the same issue.

Does that work for you?

John Locke John Locke I have added the following software bug:

Synaptic Misfire - Humanoid droid forms of 5 meters or more cause bizarre psychological reactions in users attempting to take direct control of them, the software confusing droid commands as body signals to be ignored, rendering them unable to be piloted beyond standing still. This seems to be the case even if the user is not strictly humanoid in shape. iBorg is still looking into the bizarre programming error but failing to progress in the debugging process they decided simply to release the otherwise functional implant system after the project overran budgeting and scheduling constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom