Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atrisian Empire is claiming Major Faction Status

Iliana Kahoshi

I
As I told Akio before... Iliana is not going to be super active. She's not real high on my rp priority list. And it would make sense to be concerned as folk want active people.

But I made it clear about this character and the level of activity before I transferred her over.

/shrugs it is what it is. I dunno for the rest.

I'm all down for alts. I'm not down for alts created just to bump a faction's member's numbers. I hope you can understand what this looks like when going about verifying a faction's authenticity. We want Major Factions to succeed, not just exist.

Vincenzo Palminteri

V
I first made Ryan O'Connor to RP, then I lost interest, but when this faction reaches 7, I might leave it so I'm not boggin' it down with inactivity on that character

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'll vouch for Madeleine; she's an established character from elsewhere, and I've seen her do some good work. Whenever she's involved in Akio's projects, in several places and times, she's seemed consistent and committed.

Vincenzo Palminteri said:
but when this faction reaches 7, I might leave it so I'm not boggin' it down with inactivity on that character
Then why even be a member? Now I have a 3rd concern. You guys are doing Akio, the faction admin of this faction claiming major status, no favors by providing support now but already claiming/thinking you'll leave/be inactive. C'mon, guys, show some commitment. Some people have worked hard on this concept and the best you're giving them is "meh". If you were "meh", then why join?

Vincenzo Palminteri

V
Plus, I wanted to help him, but considerin' I lost interest in the character due to some things not making enough sense, I don't wanna bog him down later on

I think the real problem is that you lose interest in everything after a couple days. Alts are fine, but dropping them two days after making them isn't just bad for you but for the community.

And yes Madeline has been a bit swamped with school, but once we get her bio done and up she's looking forward to RPing.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Tefga said:
I'm all down for alts. I'm not down for alts created just to bump a faction's member's numbers. I hope you can understand what this looks like when going about verifying a faction's authenticity. We want Major Factions to succeed, not just exist.
Just a small bit. And I point this out while I understand the issue you have with this particular subject: Iliana wasn't created for bumping faction's member's numbers. She's an established transferred character, just slower than say some other character her writer has. (If you ask me, she just needs proper motivation again to get rid of that attitude >_>)

Very few people, if any, would say "I'm helping bump this faction's numbers". Mainly because it's a ridiculous concept. But throwing your support behind a friend under the guise of a barely active alt, no matter how established, shows little care and commitment. Akio, I honestly wouldn't apply yet for Major status, but that's just my opinion.

If you wish to pursue this claim, make sure all of your members have character bios up by Sunday and I'll add this faction then.

Iliana Kahoshi

I
Tefga said:
Very few people, if any, would say "I'm helping bump this faction's numbers". Mainly because it's a ridiculous concept. But throwing your support behind a friend under the guise of a barely active alt, no matter how established, shows little care and commitment. Akio, I honestly wouldn't apply yet for Major status, but that's just my opinion.

If you wish to pursue this claim, make sure all of your members have character bios up by Sunday and I'll add this faction then.
I joined under the assumption it would be more of a family based minor guild with GR, not that we were going for Major Faction status. Which is why in my post earlier here, I made it again, clear, on what my status with this particular alt will be-- don't want it to be said I joined just to "alt Pad"

In my mind, it was to have fun with the family aspect of it... not go into major faction status. So it's not to "toss an alt or support under the guise of a barely active alt" but because I was asked to bring the character over for the family to rp.

So I ask that please, before any assumptions are made about characters or alts being toss out there under "the guise to support a friend" and then mention about little care or commitment, please ask the writer -- one never knows all the facts, and it comes out as a dig or an insult.

It's just a matter of respect; because assumptions only give way to miscommunication... and honestly, is a "tear down" rather than a "build up" to promote roleplaying-- especially in a board that promotes that its main focus is that... rping. The major faction status is just icing on the cake, and not something I'm very concerned about -- just the rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom