Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atrisia Chaos Lore Development Thread

So, I recently decided to roll an Atrisian character and, as part of that nexus, started trying to understand the board history and roleplay that's taken place on Chaos associated with the planet Atrisia. This turned into a much bigger job than I thought, and as I spoke to people associated with the Atrisian Empire faction, the One Sith faction, and others on the board it was obvious that there wasn't much of a consensus of whether the planet was habitable or not. If it was, how much of it was. Or what parts of it were.

Piece by piece, I started finding approved Codex and Factory subs that helped to paint a picture. But, I'm not about to claim I have the slightest idea what I'm talking about here. I joined the board in 2015, after the Atrisian Empire faction had told their stories and moved on. And this is my first time associating with the Galactic Alliance faction. I recall reading the GA Dominion of Atrisia-turned-Rebellion by the One Sith... but I was a casual reader who wasn't involved with the planning or the storytelling.

In other words, I'm winging it here and I need your help! Similar to what the lovely and much more talented [member="Danger Arceneau"] did with Corellia, I'm trying to get any lore-related bits related to Atrisia.

Is there something more I can say in the history to relate to the Atrisian Empire's time on the board?

Do you have a Factory, Company, or Codex sub that should be included in discussion of the planet?

Are there threads out there that tell the story of this planet that I haven't found or just don't know about?

For reference, here is what I'm working with:

atrisia_sub_main.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Codify the "Chaos canon" for the planet Atrisia; incorporating the stories of the Atrisian Empire faction of [member="Akio Kahoshi"], [member="Junko Ike"]'s House of Atrisia royal bloodline, the One Sith, [member="Mythos"] and the Galactic Alliance. Simply put, there's a lot that's happened to this planet on the board and it makes sense to have a sub that captures that. Continuing with the theme of Atrisia as Space Asia, I've carved out several distinct Atrisian regional units that incorporates different and unique identities employing various Japanese, Chinese, and Tibetan tropes, while leaving room for future writers to expand on any of the below or add their own piece to it.
  • ​Image Credit: Upper Image: Ancient Chinese Temple by Klassen_divic; Middle image: Chinese Temple by Su-jian
  • Canon: Atrisia
  • Links (Development Threads):
Frigid Shadows | The Atrisian Empire Dominion of Csilla
Establishes the Atrisian Empire of Emperor Kahoshi's galactic influence expanded as far as the Unknown Regions

To Steal a Man's Tea | Invasion of Atrisia
Establishes the Lords of the Fringe invasion of the planet Atrisia.

Rebuilding an Empire
Emperor [member="Akio Kahoshi"] is murdered by unknown terrorists in the city of Jar'Kai. Empress [member="Madeline Kahoshi"] ascends to the throne. The Inquisition is disbanded as an Anti-Force User purge of the planet Atrisia begins under Madeline's totalitarian regime.

Do Robots Dream of Electric Sheep
Empress Kahoshi's reign is ended when she is assassinated by former Grand Inquisitor Mirien Valdier. End of the Kahoshi Dynasty.

No Honor or Humanity | One Sith Dominion of Atrisia
Establishes that the Atrisian Emperor invited the One Sith in order to quell political dissent resulting from the collapse of the Atrisian Empire.

Atrisia. Glory and Agony
Establishes the planet under Emperor Mythos' rule.

The Full Reach of the Law | The GA Dominion of Atrisia
Establishes the destruction of the city of Jar'Kai and planet-wide devastation as a result of the Battle of Atrisia waged between Emperor Mythos and the forces of the Galactic Alliance.

Fire of the Faithful
Establishes diplomatic relations between Alderaan and Atrisia, and improvements to quality of life on the planet.

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Atrisia
  • Demonym: Atrisian
  • Region: Core Worlds
  • System Name: Atrisian System
  • System Features: 1 sun (Atrisi)
    Rotational Period: 26 hours
  • Orbital Period: 366 rotations (366 days or 9,516 hours)

[*]Coordinates: P,28
[*]Major Imports: Construction materials, Heavy equipment, Foodstuff
[*]Major Exports: Tea, Aeien Silk, Synthsilk, Traditional Atrisian Folk Medicine
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Primary Terrain: Varies; arctic at the poles, tropical or desert at the equator.

• Major Locations:
XAM'CHI (Current Capital)
An urban sprawl pressed between the mountains and the sea, Xam'Chi offers stunning vistas. The historical seat of the Xiaolang Kingdom, Xam'Chi is on the far side of the globe from the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai. For this reason, historically Xiaolang was not as affected by Imperial rule and retained much of its autonomy. Today, Xam'Chi functions as the center of Atrisian commerce and governance, with the Atrisian Parliament meeting at the Xiaolang Palace.

QUAN'LO
Home to mountain temples, monastic communities, and shepherds, the valleys of mountainous Quan'Lo are home to many folktales of transcendental mysticism. It is also one of the most repressed regions of Atrisia, having been subjugated by neighboring Xiaolong several times throughout Atrisian history. Free Quan'Lo is an Atrisian expression of political dissent that continues even though, today, Quan'Lo operates as a free and autonomous member of the Atrisian Parliament.

THE ISLAND OF GIANT ANTShttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/70237-the-island-of-the-giant-ants/
A forbidden wonderland, a tropical oasis, possessed of beauty unlike that seen in any other part of Atrisia... and horrors beyond description. Largely intact after the Force Storm that ravaged the planet, this area remains a wild and untamed frontier.

FIREBASE ARDARVIAhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/100838-firebase-ardarvia-atrisian-outpost/
The hub through which humanitarian aid to the displaced people of Yovshin Province is dispensed, as well as shelter for any survivors of Jar'Kai City... though few, if any, can be counted. Located on the Seoulpa River, across from the ruins of Jar'Kai, the base maintains scientific observation of the Dark Side taint that lingers over the former Imperial city.

Force Nexus

• Size: Location (Jar'Kai City)
  • Intent: As a result of [member="Mythos"] summoning a Force Storm on the planet, the devastation over the area that once contained Jar'Kai City now includes a wound in the Force caused by the Dark Side energies that were unleashed by the Sith Lord. The Dark Side miasma and taint upon the planet is under surveillance by Firebase Ardarvia, and forms one of the basis for Firemane locating the facility there. The miasma lingering over Jar'Kai prevents any natural growth from returning to the land, and prohibits any reconstruction of the planet's capital.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Atrisian Human
  • Immigrated Species: Human (non-Atrisian ethnicity), less than 1% Near-Humans
  • Population: Sparsely Populated. Large uninhabited/uninhabitable regions.
  • Demographics: ~1 billion (as of 851 ABY, down from 7 billion in 844 ABY)
    Firebase Ardarvia: 409 aid/relief workers
  • Xam'Chi City: 7,300,000
  • Quan'Lo: 3,180,000

[*]Primary Languages: Basic, Atrisian Script
[*]Culture: Atrisia is comprised of several different cultural groups of distinct identity, with some shared traits, such as bowing in lieu of the more common human gesture of a handshake. Atrisian folklore incorporates several demigods as part of the worship of spirits, with Wapoe being a god of disguise present in several lunar and star festivals.
Yovshin Culture. The culture of the Imperial City of Jar'Kai is typified by the Yovshin Swordsmen. It features a monotonal dialect, ancestor worship (in addition to traditional Atrisian folk religion), and an emphasis on a strict code of honor known as Yovshindo. Jar'Kai is known for its use of peanuts and sauces in food, with Jar'Kai being synonymous with spicy. Seafood figures light into the traditional Yovshin diet, which favors poultry and pork. Yovshin chopsticks are long and pointed. Traditional Yovshin martial arts include the use of two swords.

Xiaolang Culture. A seagoing kingdom, Xiaolang recognizes several regional dialects that are much more tonal in nature from Yovshin. Seafood, vegetables, and soy feature heavily in Xiaolang diet. Xiaolang chopsticks are usually shorter and blunted. Traditional Xiaolang martial arts use a broad, fan-shaped sword, the bow, and the spear.

Quan'Lo Culture. A poor, nomadic kingdom based on a herding culture home at the mountains, Quan'Lo cuisine is the most meat-based, often served with some variety of bean noodle an served with butter tea made from nerf milk. Curries are considered a staple of Quan'Lo culture and cuisine. Quan'Lo warrior culture sees the body as a weapon, with emphasis on unarmed combat. The quarterstaff is also a feature in Quan'Lo folklore.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Atrisian Parliament (Constitutional Monarchy)
  • Affiliation: The Galactic Alliance
  • Wealth: Low. The wars of the Atrisian Empire, subjugation by the One Sith, and subsequent devastation of the planet during the Battle of Atrisia has humbled this former galactic capital.
  • Stability: Medium. The humanitarian relief work provided by Firemane and Alderaan Engineering, combined with the continued presence of the Galactic Alliance Defense Forces, has enabled local authorities to retain control of the urban areas. However, reconstruction continues and several cities across the planet have yet to even be touched by the relief efforts.
  • Freedom & Oppression: As a member of the Galactic Alliance, the people of Atrisia enjoy a much broader array of civil liberties than any other time in the planet's much storied history. The people of the Nine Kingdoms vote to determine how they will be represented in the Atrisian Parliament, with Quan'Lo being a Direct Democracy, while Xiaolang has remained a traditional Constitutional Monarchy. Those practicing Force religions are tolerated, though Galactic Alliance law prohibits the worship or study of the Dark Side of the Force. Those suspected of studying the Dark Side of the Force are subject to investigation and possible imprisonment by the New Jedi Order.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Low. Atrisia has little infrastructure remaining as a result of the Omega Protectorate invasion, One Sith invasion, and Galactic Alliance invasion. Aside from planetary shield generators and a handful of planetary defender ion cannons, Atrisia has become the modern day Alderaan. As such, the planet relies heavily on the ships of the Galactic Alliance Defense Forces for its protection from piracy or further invasion.
  • Technology: Previously, Atrisia was a technologically advanced world. Currently, it is a major importer of technology in order to aid in civil reconstruction.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

atrisia_sub_mid.png
Atrisia, also known as Kitel Phard, dates back to before 25,200 BBY. Atrisian recorded history begins at that point, with the founding of the Kitel Phard Dynasty on the planet. Prior to unification, Atrisia's oral history indicates that there were Twelve Warring Kingdoms; including Jar'Kai, Xiaolang, and Quan'Lo. By the time of Atrisia's Golden Age, there were only nine recorded kingdoms or distinct municipalities. The first Kitel Phard Emperor declared Jar'Kai as his capital when he united the Nine Kingdoms, making it the de facto and de jure capital of the planet.

Atrisian exploration of space commenced around 5,000 BBY. By 4,000 BBY it was known to the Galactic Republic as the Atrisian Commonwealth, which controlled the surrounding Frisal and Kiliea Systems. It was connected to the greater galactic community by the Giju Run hyperlane and trade route, establishing trade relations with the Herglics.

Atrisia joined the Republic at some point prior to the Declaration of a New Order, after which Atrisia served as part of the Galactic Empire. Atrisia contributed substantially to the Empire through inclusion of Atrisian realpolitik principles to many of Emperor Palpatine's reforms of the Republic system. The Atrisian Royal Corps was one of the four major components of the Imperial Army, with many Atrisian soldiers facing off against the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

After the collapse of the Empire, Atrisia was ruled by the Atrisian Commonwealth once more. It seceded from galactic affairs and remained aloof from the New Republic, despite entreaties to join the Galactic Senate.

The planet was subject to several minor skirmishes during the Yuuzhan Vong campaign and its planetary policy of isolationism made it notably absent from the following Swarm War. The policy of isolationism was reinforced by the Gulag Plague, during which time the Imperial Remnant on Atrisia codified into splinter elements divided between the Nine Kingdoms. By the time the Gulag Plague had passed, [member="Akio Kahoshi"] had managed to unite the nine shöguns of the Imperial families under one Atrisian Empire. Emperor Kahoshi maintains order on the planet through the use of Inquisitors as a form of state secret police, monitoring the Force Sensitive population and neutralizing political dissenters.

Emperor Kahoshi's Empire expanded out from the planet, swallowing surrounding worlds and placing them under an Imperial system of rule based on the New Order; making the Atrisian Empire an Imperial Remnant. It suffered an attack by the Lords of the Fringe, leading open galactic warfare between the two. The end of Emperor Kahoshi's rule was signaled by the ill-advised invasion of the Omega Protectorate, which resulted in a defeat for the Empire.

As diplomacy with the Galactic Republic broke down over the Imperial held world of O'reen, the Atrisian Empire was absorbed into the Lords of the Fringe. The Lords of the Fringe subsequently defeated the Republic forces at O'reen. When Emperor Kahoshi was murdered in the city of Jar'Kai by unknown terrorists, Empress [member="Madeline Kahoshi"] ascended to the throne. Under her reign, the Inquisition was disbanded and an Anti-Force User Purge of the planet undertaken. Madeline's reign was ended when she was assassinated by former Grand Inquisitor, member="Mirien Valdier"]. With the end of the Kahoshi Dynasty, the Atrisian Empire underwent several shifts in political control, before breaking down shortly after the Netherworld cataclsym.

In 844 ABY, the One Sith invaded the planet, installing [member="Mythos"] as planetary governor. Mythos styled himself as emperor of Atrisia, ruling from the Imperial Palace at Jar'Kai city. During this time, the Nine Kingdoms were reduced to Seven Kingdoms, as municipalities were streamlined and simplified. Quan'Lo was merged with Xiaolang to form the Xiaolang Autonomous Administrative Region, based on historical claims and past conquests by the Xiaolang against the Quan'Lo. This gave rise to "Free Quan'Lo" becoming a rallying cry of political dissent on Atrisia that remains to this day.

The One Sith collapse in 849 ABY heralded the arrival of the Galactic Alliance to the world. In the ensuing battle between the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and the Sith Lord known as [member="Mythos"], a cataclysmic Force Storm was summoned on the planet, ravaging the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai and devastating many areas of the planet's surface. Though the battle resulted in eventual victory for the combined power of the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order, the devastation of Atrisia's atmosphere and surface demanded many resources. Alderaan and Firemane arrived shortly after, establishing basing from which to begin reconstruction efforts to revive the planet's populace.

By 851 ABY, Atrisia had resumed normal interstellar relations as a member of the Galactic Alliance. Though never apologizing for its Imperial past, the planet participated in Alliance politics as though it had never been opposed to such, causing some to accuse the planet of historical revisionism. The Seven Kingdoms were again res-structured, this time back to the traditional division of Nine Kingdoms -- with Quan'Lo autonomous and represented to the Atrisian Parliament separate from Xiaolang. The Lord Xiaolang, [member="Shoma Ike"] served as a diplomatic envoy for the Galactic Alliance, while Princess [member="Junko Ike"] represented the planet to the distant Atrisian colony world of Shri-Tal.

I was heavily involved in the original Atrisian Empire during its time as a major and minor faction, and talked a lot about it with the faction leaders, Akio Kahoshi and Madeline Kahoshi/Mirien Valdier. So I can confirm the stuff [member="Shoma Ike"] wrote about what happened during the Atrisian Empire period, prior to the OS takeover. Basically that encompasses the reign of the Kahoshis.

I supplied information and links for what took place during that era, but Shoma did all the work on writing the sub. Major props to him for incorporating so much lore and putting a lot of work into this.

Edit:

Found the thread link where the Atrisian Empire invades OP, then retreats. http://starwarsrp.net/topic/20899-for-their-own-good-galactic-empire-invasion-of-fondor/page-1

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/21176-imperial-march-op-invasion-of-atrisia/page-1 OP counterinvades...then retreats. Atrisia is assimilated by the Fringe Confederation as an autonomous member state.

Atlas Kane

A
During the Rebellion a total of 4 Sith Lords died during the creation of the Force Storm, another's being fused with a volcano on the outskirts of Jar'kai to create a massive Force Demon. Crazy times, those were.

I remember seeing that you needed the specific post where the Force Storm was summoned, which was here, summoned by Darth Mephirium and powered by the combined forces of him, Kruel Zing, Nulgath, Mythos, and Darth Praetorias, the latter four of whom passed away during its creation.

I'm fairly certain the Volcano Force Demon was dispelled, though the heavy taint of the Dark Side still lingers there, it would probably also be a Force Nexus or something of that sort. The spirit of Darth Vulcanus quite literally fused with it from what I recall. Post's here.

IIRC Lot'thek(?), big space Cthulhu, the name eludes me at the moment, was also summoned by someone in orbit around Atrisia, though I don't know what came of that storyline.

I'll try to see if I can't remember some more stuff, maybe ask a couple of the peeps involved about what they remember, I'll try and get back to you again if I find out anything more.

If you need more details about what actually went down, I'll try and give you the summary of the whole Rebellion.

[member="Shoma Ike"]

[member="Atlas Kane"] and [member="Moira Skaldi"]

Thank you! I'll get those incorporated into the sub.

I went through the Rebellion and added up post by post every post that seemed to substantively develop the various Force Storms (I think there were two, plus the super volcano, plus Cthulu... or the super volcano turned into Cthulu. I got a little lost in the 44 pages of posts!)

I will look for the links for you but @Yawei Ike and Lora did some work as well with some small development threads for locations way back. Plus the contract threads that were being done to get some companies from the likes of Allie Wren and old old old when Domino controlled them Phenex

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Shoma Ike"],

Shortly after the rebellion me, [member="Six-O"], [member="Faith Organa"], and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] did a private thread called the Sun Rises Again where we put resources from our various companies and factions to start rebuilding Atrisia, part of it was moving the capital from Jar'Kai and a droid fortress being constructed by HK and his ilk from the ruins of old Imperial Palace on Jar'Kai, around the Dark Side Nexus to watch over it Night Watch style. The fortress was given to Six then to look after it but he went on LOA so we haven't really done much with it since then.

I could write up a location sub for the palace fortress if you want, it could have possibly been abandoned by Six and his droids although that would depend on him

I think some survivors of the Rebellion NPC wise fled with the Dominion. [member="Veiere Arenais"] would be the guy that knows about it.

I got some Threads for when i ruled the planet if youd like.

[member="Atlas Kane"], [member="Shoma Ike"]

I believe Lote'kk died in the space battle. Or was banished. Either of the two. I was not really involved there. He was summoned by [member="Ostanes"], who was not connected to the Sith ruling the planet. I believe [member="Zark"] could say more on that.

You're right about the Volcano Demon (Vulcanus sorta transformed into it). One of my Firemane chars, Elpsis Elaris, was working on dissipating it and Spencer Varanin went up against it, too (though Vulcanus' writer did not respond to us).

I've been operating on the theory that all the dark side magic being tossed around (Volcano Demon, Force Storm etc.), combined with the huge collateral damage, was what caused the darkside nexus in question.

The followers of the Dominion went with Veiere to Ession, I believe, as [member="Mythos"] says, ushering in the Dominion major faction.

Little anecdotes that aren't relevant for the sub: Some former Inquisition members, including their ex-chief, got a job with Firemane after Madeline's administration launched the Great Purge. Sio likes having them around. :D

Oh...and Madeline was actually processed into an HRD by Moira, after being shot at and almost killed by Mirien/Naamah. And proceeded to create Enyo Typhos because she was good at making Force Clones.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
AtrisianEmpirenNeverForget.

o7

[member="Shoma Ike"]
I first earned my stars serving Akio Kahoshi, while I think [member="Moira Skaldi"] covered everything crucial if you have any questions about that time feel free to ask.

I PM'd you a load of stuff because I never knew this was here. It was mostly filling in the gaps between Mythos and the GA invasion with Mythos' return to power.

Mythos said:
I think some survivors of the Rebellion NPC wise fled with the Dominion. [member="Veiere Arenais"] would be the guy that knows about it.

I got some Threads for when i ruled the planet if youd like.
I'll send Veiere a message and see if he has anything to add. He's currently down at the beach with his kid so yeah, I'll see if I can dig anything up in the meantime about the Rebellion survives,

[member="Shoma Ike"]

[member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] | [member="Moira Skaldi"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Azlyn Ike"] | [member="Atlas Kane"]

I think I've incorporated all your points into the revision.

Keep the ideas coming!

atrisia_sub_main.png

• Intent: Codify the "Chaos canon" for the planet Atrisia; incorporating the stories of the Atrisian Empire faction of [member="Akio Kahoshi"], [member="Junko Ike"]'s House of Atrisia royal bloodline, the One Sith, [member="Mythos"] and the Galactic Alliance. Simply put, there's a lot that's happened to this planet on the board and it makes sense to have a sub that captures that. Continuing with the theme of Atrisia as Space Asia, I've carved out several distinct Atrisian regional units that incorporates different and unique identities employing various Japanese, Chinese, and Tibetan tropes, while leaving room for future writers to expand on any of the below or add their own piece to it.
  • ​Image Credit: Upper Image: Ancient Chinese Temple by Klassen_divic; Middle image: Chinese Temple by Su-jian
Establishes the Atrisian Empire of Emperor Kahoshi's galactic influence expanded as far as the Unknown Regions.

To Steal a Man's Tea | Lords of the Fringe Invasion of Atrisia

For Their Own Good | The [Atrisian] Galactic Empire Invasion of Fondor
Failed Atrisian Empire invasion of the Omega Protectorate.

Imperial March | Omega Protectorate Invasion of Atrisia

Rebuilding an Empire
Emperor [member="Akio Kahoshi"] is murdered by unknown terrorists in the city of Jar'Kai. Empress [member="Madeline Kahoshi"] ascends to the throne. The Inquisition is disbanded as an Anti-Force User purge of the planet Atrisia begins under Madeline's totalitarian regime.

Empress Kahoshi's reign is ended when she is assassinated by former Grand Inquisitor Mirien Valdier. End of the Kahoshi Dynasty.

Establishes that the Atrisian Emperor invited the One Sith in order to quell political dissent resulting from the collapse of the Atrisian Empire.

Atrisia. Glory and Agony

The Take Back: Return of the True Monarch
Establishes the planet under the rule of [member="Darth Novus"].

Establishes the destruction of the city of Jar'Kai and planet-wide devastation as a result of the Battle of Atrisia waged between Emperor Mythos and the forces of the Galactic Alliance. In the ensuing battle, several Sith Lords commit themselves to the Dark Side of the Force, sacrificing their physical forms to unleash great Force Storms that ravage the surface of the planet. The electromagnetic disturbance generated by the Force Storms on Atrisia can be felt as far out in the galaxy as Crystan V.
Restricted Material Thread for Force Nexus | Posts that develop the Force Storm as a story/plot element #79, 85, 89, 102, 112, 120, 130, 136, 139, 143, 176, 177, 185, 236, 245, 274, 287, 300, 301, 306, 318, 330, 382, 392, 411, 430, 431, 432, 433, 435, 443, 452, 456, 480, 502, 510, 607, 612, 624, 746, and 765,

The Sun Rises Again
Alderaan Engineering and Firemane begin reconstruction, humanitarian aid lift, and economic aid to Atrisia while search and rescue efforts commence around the planet.

[*]Links (Characters/Timeline):
  • Akio Kahoshi, former Emperor of the Atrisian Empire (later known as the Galactic Empire), c. 835-837 ABY
  • Madeline Kahoshi, former Empress of the Atrisian Empire of the Lords of the Fringe, c. 837-844 ABY

• Mirien Valdier: Former Grand Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Head of Firemane Intelligence.

• Naamah Aesham: Former Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now vigilante.

• Sumiko Tanaka: Former Senior Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Sith Lord.

• Siobhan Kerrigan: Countess, Firemane Industries CEO, Atrisian Baronness.
  • Mythos, former Emperor of Atrisia (One Sith planet), c. 844 ABY-847 ABY; 848-849 ABY
  • Darth Novos, former Emperor of Atrisia (One Sith planet), c. 847-848 ABY
  • Six-O, Patrols the ruins of the city of Jar'Kai since 849 ABY.
  • Junko Ike, Jedi Princess of the House of Atrisia, special envoy to the Atrisian people of Shri-Tal.
  • Shoma Ike, Jedi Prince of the House of Atrisia, Ambassador-at-Large for the Atrisian Commonwealth as of 851 ABY.

GENERAL INFORMATION

[*]Major Exports: Tea, Aeien Silk, Synthsilk, Traditional Atrisian Folk Medicine
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Primary Terrain: Varies; arctic at the poles, tropical or desert at the equator.

• Major Locations:
An urban sprawl pressed between the mountains and the sea, Xam'Chi offers stunning vistas. The historical seat of the Xiaolang Kingdom, Xam'Chi is on the far side of the globe from the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai. For this reason, historically Xiaolang was not as affected by Imperial rule and retained much of its autonomy. Today, Xam'Chi functions as the center of Atrisian commerce and governance, with the Atrisian Parliament meeting at the Xiaolang Palace.

QUAN'LO
Home to mountain temples, monastic communities, and shepherds, the valleys of mountainous Quan'Lo are home to many folktales of transcendental mysticism. It is also one of the most repressed regions of Atrisia, having been subjugated by neighboring Xiaolong several times throughout Atrisian history. Free Quan'Lo is an Atrisian expression of political dissent that continues even though, today, Quan'Lo operates as a free and autonomous member of the Atrisian Parliament.

THE ISLAND OF GIANT ANTShttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/70237-the-island-of-the-giant-ants/
A forbidden wonderland, a tropical oasis, possessed of beauty unlike that seen in any other part of Atrisia... and horrors beyond description. Largely intact after the Force Storm that ravaged the planet, this area remains a wild and untamed frontier.

FIREBASE ARDARVIAhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/100838-firebase-ardarvia-atrisian-outpost/
The hub through which humanitarian aid to the displaced people of Yovshin Province is dispensed, as well as shelter for any survivors of Jar'Kai City... though few, if any, can be counted. Located on the Seoulpa River, across from the ruins of Jar'Kai, the base maintains scientific observation of the Dark Side taint that lingers over the former Imperial city.

Force Nexus

• Intent: As a result of [member="Mythos"] and multiple other Sith Lords summoning Force Storms on the planet, the devastation over the area that once contained Jar'Kai City now includes a wound in the Force. The Dark Side miasma and taint upon the planet is under surveillance by Firebase Ardarvia, and forms one of the basis for Firemane locating the facility there. The miasma lingering over Jar'Kai prevents any natural growth from returning to the land, and prohibits any reconstruction of the planet's capital. Because of the presence of a Dark Side nexus on the planet, the droid known as [member="Six-O"] maintains a vigil over the ruins of Jar'Kai City. Firemane also operates Firebase Ardarvia for the purpose of observing the Dark Side taint on Atrisia.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Atrisian Human, Jar'Kai

[*]Culture: Atrisia is comprised of several different cultural groups of distinct identity, with some shared traits, such as bowing in lieu of the more common human gesture of a handshake. Atrisian folklore incorporates several demigods as part of the worship of spirits, with Wapoe being a god of disguise present in several lunar and star festivals.
Yovshin Culture. The culture of the Imperial City of Jar'Kai is typified by the Yovshin Swordsmen. It features a monotonal dialect, ancestor worship (in addition to traditional Atrisian folk religion), and an emphasis on a strict code of honor known as Yovshindo. Jar'Kai is known for its use of peanuts and sauces in food, with Jar'Kai being synonymous with spicy. Seafood figures light into the traditional Yovshin diet, which favors poultry and pork. Yovshin chopsticks are long and pointed. Traditional Yovshin martial arts include the use of two swords.

Xiaolang Culture. A seagoing kingdom, Xiaolang recognizes several regional dialects that are much more tonal in nature from Yovshin. Seafood, vegetables, and soy feature heavily in Xiaolang diet. Xiaolang chopsticks are usually shorter and blunted. Traditional Xiaolang martial arts use a broad, fan-shaped sword, the bow, and the spear.

Quan'Lo Culture. A poor, nomadic kingdom based on a herding culture home at the mountains, Quan'Lo cuisine is the most meat-based, often served with some variety of bean noodle an served with butter tea made from nerf milk. Curries are considered a staple of Quan'Lo culture and cuisine. Quan'Lo warrior culture sees the body as a weapon, with emphasis on unarmed combat. The quarterstaff is also a feature in Quan'Lo folklore.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Wealth: Low. The wars of the Atrisian Empire, subjugation by the One Sith, and subsequent devastation of the planet during the Battle of Atrisia has humbled this former galactic capital.
  • Stability: Medium. The humanitarian relief work provided by Firemane and Alderaan Engineering, combined with the continued presence of the Galactic Alliance Defense Forces, has enabled local authorities to retain control of the urban areas. However, reconstruction continues and several cities across the planet have yet to even be touched by the relief efforts.
  • Freedom & Oppression: As a member of the Galactic Alliance, the people of Atrisia enjoy a much broader array of civil liberties than any other time in the planet's much storied history. The people of the Nine Kingdoms vote to determine how they will be represented in the Atrisian Parliament, with Quan'Lo being a Direct Democracy, while Xiaolang has remained a traditional Constitutional Monarchy. Those practicing Force religions are tolerated, though Galactic Alliance law prohibits the worship or study of the Dark Side of the Force. Those suspected of studying the Dark Side of the Force are subject to investigation and possible imprisonment by the New Jedi Order.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Low. Atrisia has little infrastructure remaining as a result of the Omega Protectorate invasion, One Sith invasion, and Galactic Alliance invasion. Aside from planetary shield generators and a handful of planetary defender ion cannons, Atrisia has become the modern day Alderaan. As such, the planet relies heavily on the ships of the Galactic Alliance Defense Forces for its protection from piracy or further invasion.
  • Technology: Previously, Atrisia was a technologically advanced world. Currently, it is a major importer of technology in order to aid in civil reconstruction.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

atrisia_sub_mid.png
Atrisia, also known as Kitel Phard, dates back to before 25,200 BBY. Atrisian recorded history begins at that point, with the founding of the Kitel Phard Dynasty on the planet. Prior to unification, Atrisia's oral history indicates that there were Twelve Warring Kingdoms; including Jar'Kai, Xiaolang, and Quan'Lo. By the time of Atrisia's Golden Age, there were only nine recorded kingdoms or distinct municipalities. The first Kitel Phard Emperor declared Jar'Kai as his capital when he united the Nine Kingdoms, making it the de facto and de jure capital of the planet.

Atrisian exploration of space commenced around 5,000 BBY. By 4,000 BBY it was known to the Galactic Republic as the Atrisian Commonwealth, which controlled the surrounding Frisal and Kiliea Systems. It was connected to the greater galactic community by the Giju Run hyperlane and trade route, establishing trade relations with the Herglics.

Atrisia joined the Republic at some point prior to the Declaration of a New Order, after which Atrisia served as part of the Galactic Empire. Atrisia contributed substantially to the Empire through inclusion of Atrisian realpolitik principles to many of Emperor Palpatine's reforms of the Republic system. The Atrisian Royal Corps was one of the four major components of the Imperial Army, with many Atrisian soldiers facing off against the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

After the collapse of the Empire, Atrisia was ruled by the Atrisian Commonwealth once more. It seceded from galactic affairs and remained aloof from the New Republic, despite entreaties to join the Galactic Senate.

The planet was subject to several minor skirmishes during the Yuuzhan Vong campaign and its planetary policy of isolationism made it notably absent from the following Swarm War. The policy of isolationism was reinforced by the Gulag Plague, during which time the Imperial Remnant on Atrisia codified into splinter elements divided between the Nine Kingdoms. By the time the Gulag Plague had passed, [member="Akio Kahoshi"] had managed to unite the nine shöguns of the Imperial families under one Atrisian Empire. Emperor Kahoshi maintains order on the planet through the use of Inquisitors as a form of state secret police, monitoring the Force Sensitive population and neutralizing political dissenters.

Emperor Kahoshi's Empire expanded out from the planet, swallowing surrounding worlds and placing them under an Imperial system of rule based on the New Order; making the Atrisian Empire an Imperial Remnant. It suffered an attack by the Lords of the Fringe, leading open galactic warfare between the two. The end of Emperor Kahoshi's rule was signaled by the ill-advised invasion of the Omega Protectorate, which resulted in a defeat for the Empire.

As diplomacy with the Galactic Republic broke down over the Imperial held world of O'reen, the Atrisian Empire was absorbed into the Lords of the Fringe. The Lords of the Fringe subsequently defeated the Republic forces at O'reen. When Emperor Kahoshi was murdered in the city of Jar'Kai by unknown terrorists, Empress [member="Madeline Kahoshi"] ascended to the throne. Under her reign, the Inquisition was disbanded and an Anti-Force User Purge of the planet undertaken. Madeline's reign was ended when she was assassinated by former Grand Inquisitor, member="Mirien Valdier"]. With the end of the Kahoshi Dynasty, the Atrisian Empire underwent several shifts in political control, before breaking down shortly after the Netherworld cataclsym.

In 844 ABY, the One Sith invaded the planet, installing [member="Mythos"] as planetary governor. Mythos styled himself as emperor of Atrisia, ruling from the Imperial Palace at Jar'Kai city. During this time, the Nine Kingdoms were reduced to Seven Kingdoms, as municipalities were streamlined and simplified. Quan'Lo was merged with Xiaolang to form the Xiaolang Autonomous Administrative Region, based on historical claims and past conquests by the Xiaolang against the Quan'Lo. This gave rise to "Free Quan'Lo" becoming a rallying cry of political dissent on Atrisia that remains to this day.

In 847 ABY, Mythos was severed from the Force and stripped of his titles by the Dark Lord of the One Sith. [member="Darth Novus"], a former acolyte of Mythos', fought a bloody campaign in the Imperial City of Jar'Kai for the right to rule as Emperor of Atrisia. His reign was brief, lasting only one year before Mythos' successfully ousted Darth Novus and resumed control over the planet in 848 ABY.

The One Sith collapse in 849 ABY heralded the arrival of the Galactic Alliance to the world. In the ensuing battle between the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and Emperor [member="Mythos"], a cataclysmic Force Storm was summoned on the planet, ravaging the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai and devastating many areas of the planet's surface. Other Sith Lords located on the planet summoned additional Force Storms which caused the detonation of a super volcano, greatly ravaging the surface of the planet. Though the battle resulted in eventual victory for the combined power of the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order, the devastation of Atrisia's atmosphere and surface demanded many resources. Many Atrisians were evacuated and resettled to the planet Ession by [member="Veiere Arenais"]. Alderaan Engineering and Firemane arrived shortly after, establishing basing from which to begin reconstruction efforts to revive the planet's populace.

By 851 ABY, Atrisia had resumed normal interstellar relations as a member of the Galactic Alliance. Though never apologizing for its Imperial past, the planet participated in Alliance politics as though it had never been opposed to such, causing some to accuse the planet of historical revisionism. The Seven Kingdoms were again res-structured, this time back to the traditional division of Nine Kingdoms -- with Quan'Lo autonomous and represented to the Atrisian Parliament separate from Xiaolang. The Lord Xiaolang, [member="Shoma Ike"] served as a diplomatic envoy for the Galactic Alliance, while Princess [member="Junko Ike"] represented the planet to the distant Atrisian colony world of Shri-Tal.

[member="Shoma Ike"]

Nice work. A few points.

1. Re threads. The chronology is slightly out of order. Here's the right sequence of events:

2. While the Ardarvia base erves the purpose outlined in the sub, Six-O is not Commander of Firebase Ardarvia since he's not a Firemane employee. Presumably a Firemane NPC officer is in charge of that installation.

The fortress [member="HK-36"] mentioned and put under the command of Six-O is not connected to Firemane, but something set up by HK's droid organisation. HK can probably explain more. Both are separate locations.

Also a slight spelling mistake: Ardarvia is the correct one * grammar nazi strikes again *

This affects these lines:

• 'Six-O, Commander of Firebase Ardvarvia since 849 ABY'
  • the droid known as Six-O maintains a vigil over the ruins of Jar'Kai City from Firebase Ardvaria.

3. Some other characters you can add to the list:

Mirien Valdier: Former Grand Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Head of Firemane Intelligence.
Naamah Aesham: Former Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now vigilante.
Sumiko Tanaka: Former Senior Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Sith Lord.
Siobhan Kerrigan: Countess, Firemane Industries CEO, Atrisian Baronness.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Thanks!

atrisia_sub_main.png

Establishes the Atrisian Empire of Emperor Kahoshi's galactic influence expanded as far as the Unknown Regions.

Rebuilding an Empire

Atrisia. Glory and Agony

Establishes the destruction of the city of Jar'Kai and planet-wide devastation as a result of the Battle of Atrisia waged between Emperor Mythos and the forces of the Galactic Alliance. In the ensuing battle, several Sith Lords commit themselves to the Dark Side of the Force, sacrificing their physical forms to unleash great Force Storms that ravage the surface of the planet. The electromagnetic disturbance generated by the Force Storms on Atrisia can be felt as far out in the galaxy as Crystan V.
Restricted Material Thread for Force Nexus | Posts that develop the Force Storm as a story/plot element #79, 85, 89, 102, 112, 120, 130, 136, 139, 143, 176, 177, 185, 236, 245, 274, 287, 300, 301, 306, 318, 330, 382, 392, 411, 430, 431, 432, 433, 435, 443, 452, 456, 480, 502, 510, 607, 612, 624, 746, and 765,

The Sun Rises Again
Alderaan Engineering and Firemane begin reconstruction, humanitarian aid lift, and economic aid to Atrisia while search and rescue efforts commence around the planet.

• Akio Kahoshi, former Emperor of the Atrisian Empire (later known as the Galactic Empire), c. 835-837 ABY
  • Madeline Kahoshi, former Empress of the Atrisian Empire of the Lords of the Fringe, c. 837-844 ABY

• Mirien Valdier: Former Grand Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Head of Firemane Intelligence.

• Sumiko Tanaka: Former Senior Inquisitor of the Atrisian Empire. Now Sith Lord.

• Mythos, former Emperor of Atrisia (One Sith planet), c. 844 ABY-847 ABY; 848-849 ABY
  • Junko Ike, Jedi Princess of the House of Atrisia, special envoy to the Atrisian people of Shri-Tal.
  • Shoma Ike, Jedi Prince of the House of Atrisia, Ambassador-at-Large for the Atrisian Commonwealth as of 851 ABY.

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Satellites: Rancor Space Station

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Major Locations:

QUAN'LO

RANCOR SPACE STATION
An Imperial Revenge-class super star destroyer whose engines were decommissioned to form an artificial satellite in orbit of Atrisia, Rancor Space Station was used during the Gulag Plague to enforce the closed borders of the Atrisian Empire's isolationist policies. Today, it is administered jointly by the Galactic Alliance Defense Force (GADF) and the government of the Atrisian Commonwealth. It serves as trading post, port of call, and shipyard for traffic entering and exiting the Atrisian System.

Force Nexus

• Intent: As a result of [member="Mythos"] and multiple other Sith Lords summoning Force Storms on the planet, the devastation over the area that once contained Jar'Kai City now includes a wound in the Force. The Dark Side miasma and taint upon the planet is under surveillance by Firebase Ardarvia, and forms one of the basis for Firemane locating the facility there. The miasma lingering over Jar'Kai prevents any natural growth from returning to the land, and prohibits any reconstruction of the planet's capital. Because of the presence of a Dark Side nexus on the planet, the droid known as [member="Six-O"] maintains a vigil over the ruins of Jar'Kai City. Firemane also operates Firebase Ardarvia for the purpose of observing the Dark Side taint on Atrisia.

POPULATION
  • Rancor Space Station: 21,000 (crew); capacity for 19,400 passengers

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

atrisia_sub_mid.png

In 847 ABY, Mythos was severed from the Force and stripped of his titles by the Dark Lord of the One Sith. [member="Darth Novus"], a former acolyte of Mythos', fought a bloody campaign in the Imperial City of Jar'Kai for the right to rule as Emperor of Atrisia. His reign was brief, lasting only one year before Mythos' successfully ousted Darth Novus and resumed control over the planet in 848 ABY.

The One Sith collapse in 849 ABY heralded the arrival of the Galactic Alliance to the world. In the ensuing battle between the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and Emperor [member="Mythos"], a cataclysmic Force Storm was summoned on the planet, ravaging the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai and devastating many areas of the planet's surface. Other Sith Lords located on the planet summoned additional Force Storms which caused the detonation of a super volcano, greatly ravaging the surface of the planet. Though the battle resulted in eventual victory for the combined power of the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order, the devastation of Atrisia's atmosphere and surface demanded many resources. Many Atrisians were evacuated and resettled to the planet Ession by [member="Veiere Arenais"]. Alderaan Engineering and Firemane arrived shortly after, establishing basing from which to begin reconstruction efforts to revive the planet's populace.

Atlas Kane

A
To clear up the second to last paragraph, there were two Force Storms in total. The first one preceded the GA's attack on Atrisia and was quite short, summoned by Darth Erebos as a means of transportation. The second one was the massive storm that destroyed large parts of Atrisia, which was fueled by the death of 4 Sith Lord PCs.

IIRC the volcano eruption was unrelated. It was the product of Darth Vulcanus' ritual, during which his spirit merged with the volcano's fires to create a super-evil giant dust demon. Just to make it more accurate.

Looking pretty good otherwise.

[member="Shoma Ike"]

[member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Atlas Kane"]

The terror from beyond was pew pewed back through its event horizon by the GADF and Rogue Squadron. Any lingering spooky action in Atrisia's orbit is up to those most involved with the sub, I'd say.

atrisia_sub_main.png

Rebuilding an Empire

Seoul Sisters
Establishes the existence of Revma Village.

Atrisia. Glory and Agony

Return of the King
Mythos deposes Darth Novus and returns to power.

The Sun Rises Again

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Satellites: Rancor Space Station (destroyed)

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

• Major Locations:

QUAN'LO

REVMA VILLAGE
A poor, rural community in the Imperial Yovshin Province of Atrisia.

Force Nexus

POPULATION
  • Rancor Space Station: 21,000 (crew); capacity for 19,400 passengers

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

atrisia_sub_mid.png

The One Sith collapse in 849 ABY heralded the arrival of the Galactic Alliance to the world. In the ensuing battle between the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and Emperor [member="Mythos"], two cataclysmic Force Storm were summoned on the planet, ravaging the Imperial capital of Jar'Kai and devastating many areas of the planet's surface. Another Sith Lord located on the planet conjured a great demon-like monstrosity, the summoning of which caused the detonation of a super volcano. The ash cloud from the super volcanic eruption caused damaged to the planet's atmosphere. The Force Storms caused damaging and detrimental effects beyond the planet itself, resulting in the destruction of Rancor Space Station. Though the battle to secure Atrisia resulted in eventual victory for the combined power of the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order, the devastation of Atrisia's atmosphere and surface demanded many resources. Many Atrisians were evacuated and resettled to the planet Ession by [member="Veiere Arenais"]. Alderaan Engineering and Firemane arrived shortly after, establishing basing from which to begin reconstruction efforts to revive the planet's populace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom