Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atlas, Rise! | The Je'daii Order Knighthood Ceremony

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
- Helen Keller
"Historically, the Temple of Knowledge - Kaleth - was a gathering point for the Je'daii Order during times of great need or conference. As a result, when the Silent Archive was created they implemented a Gathering Hall within it exclusively for Je'daii use. There are inbuilt benches which are tiered, as well as numerous holostations to accommodate missing Je'daii. The Council have specific seats down at the bottom, across from the general crowd, though every Je'daii is allowed to voice their opinions and concerns during these Gatherings."
- The Je'daii Gathering Hall. The Silent Archive Submission

Id7Qdu4.png

The Je'daii Gathering Hall
Azar City
Aurum
Today would mark a monumentous occasion which had not been seen in millennia.

As members of the Je'daii Order, big and small, piled into the topmost room of the Silent Archive, an area created solely for the Gathering of the Council and all who followed its leadership, a sense of pride washed over all who was present, emanating from the Temple Masters who sat within their seats at the bottom of the auditorium-like structure. Already the various tiered benches which followed the natural curvature of the room were housing countless members of the Order: Younglings, and Rangers, and Masters... All had been invited, and so many had made the pilgrimage to Aurum in order to mark the occasion.

None save for the ten individuals who oversaw every aspect of the Order knew the reason for their summoning, which left plenty in the way of gossip and rumours to be spread between the younger students, and a general curiosity from those more readily able to hold their tongue and wait with patience for the Gathering to begin.

Despite the mysterious nature of the day, all present had dressed in their finest ceremonial robes. A rainbow of colour lined the benches, representing the paths of those gathered, plenty of reds and oranges and blues marked the typical stereotypes of warriors, mystics, and healers, but the rest of the subpaths seemed to have equal representation.

Jyn filed into the room alongside the others. Being somewhat later to arrive than many she found herself a spot toward the back and looked down to the Council in anticipation. Oddly enough even she had been kept into the dark, something which had not happened before. Had she been more prideful she may have taken it as a slight, instead she felt excitement. She could sense that there was no grief coming from the leadership group, which likely meant that whatever they were here for would be good.

Or so she hoped.

Id7Qdu4.png

People who MUST participate:

[member='Arekk'] | [member='Asha Hex'] | [member='Ignis Imura'] | [member='Jericho'] | [member='Kyra Sol']

This was the first time I would be summoned to Kaleth for a good reason. Sure my actions in the past got me a bit of a rough patch with my sudden disappearance a while back. After returning, I had to make up for the damages I had caused, but despite that, I felt good today. Something good was going to happen today. I could feel it. I knew it! So, for one of the very few times in my life, I dressed in my red and grey robes. A simple tunic with semi-baggy pants. My boots were laced up nicely. A pair of boots I almost never wore because of my job as Steward of Vur Tepe. Working with hot metals tend to ruin shoes and clothing fast. Hence me never wearing my nice pair of boots until my current ones were completely ground into the dust.

Attaching my secondary belt around my waist that held Oathkeeper, I carried this weapon only for ceremonial purposes. Added to the fact, it was the only weapon I had with me everywhere. Even if there was no need to carry the weapon, it was always on me. A constant reminder of the promises I have made, and a reminder to my past. A past that I will use as my foundation.

Breathing in, I walked up the steps with various other Je'daii around me. I kind of wanted to get there earlier so I could find a good seat, but even then, I found a nice one near the end of an isle. I sat down next to other students that seemed to be grouping up. Most were from Stav Kesh and a couple were from Qigong Kesh. I didn't know their names, but I knew their faces. I had seen them before. Looking down at my hands, I realized they were shaking. I was confused by this. Normally I was not this nervous. I had no clue what would be happening, but apparently it was going to be something good. I knew that.

I felt itchy in my uniform. Rolling up my sleeves a little, It exposed some of the tattoos upon my forearms. I began to rub them like I did when I first got them in my teenager years. While the skin that was colored upon was a little softer than my skin that was no colored, I found a calming feeling when I rubbed my arm. It was a weird thing I did when I was truly nervous. I smiled slightly as I remembered how [member="Sahna Te"] would rub her montrails whenever she was nervous. I guess we were along the same lines.

Breathing in deeply, I focused myself on meditation a bit. Not really being used to so many people all in one room at once. Focusing my mind helped for the time being, as I waited for it all to begin.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jyn Lorr"], [member="Jericho"], [member="Arekk"], [member="Kyra Sol"],

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
AURUM
Je'daii Gathering Hall, The Silent Archive

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Lorr"], [member="Ignis Imura"], [member="Kyra Sol"], [member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jericho"]

A very important meeting was scheduled at the Silent Archive today where all Je'daii regardless of rank were summoned to attend in ceremonial robes, something of high attention was bound to occur and Ar'ekk made sure to wake up a few hours earlier than always to make sure he was prepared in advance.

Taking hot shower before sunrise, delicious breakfast alone by the kitchen, getting dressed in his Stav Kesh attire and then waiting in the living room for the hours to pass.

The Knight enjoyed a silent room and waking up this early gave him a peace of mind, helped him relax and control his anxiety. He could tell a significant event was approaching but the details of it were blurry and unclear. Definitely his questions would be answered by the time he got there.

Time to go.

By the time he got there, the entire building was crowded by Je'daii of all kind. Masters, Rangers, Journeyers, Younglings. His hands began to get sweaty by the minute but then he saw Ignis sitting by the near end of an isle.

"Great, a familiar face." Ar'ekk immediately said in his mind, giving him some relief.

Sitting next to Ignis, he immediately placed his hand on the man's shoulder and spoke. Unfortunately, that would break the meditative stance he had adopted prior to his arrival.

"Hey, Ignis. I hope I'm not too late."

Scanning the sorroundings before giving Ignis a warm smile, Ar'ekk made sure his outfit looked proper and it did. Nothing like a good old conversation with someone you know to calm your nerves down.

Kyra had arrived within the Hall earlier than expected, fresh faced from the Forge and having taken just a few minutes out of her day to change into suitable robes which told of her position within Anil Kesh. There was still a small streak of dirt caused by the hammerscale of her project, thin pieces of debris which were knocked from the metal she had been shaping under her hammer, which lay just beneath her chin. Not that she minded, she was often covered in grease and oil and similar dark streaks. Such had been the way for as long as she could recall.

The robes were quite different from her typical greaser get-up, the duster and boots and well pretty much her entire get-up was from the Leatherworks. Compared to that her self-made robes looked much too pure, they didn't have a single bit of dirt or a tear... Though that was due to the fact that she hadn't actually worn them before. The fit was good, at least.

Where she sat, somewhere in the central of the congregation, Kyra had a pretty decent view of the rest of the room. Like everyone else she was largely in the dark concerning the reason they had all been called here, but that didn't bother her. She was used to being on the sidelines on projects that were not her own, in fact when she had been in the know during her stint at Rahvin Industries she had not liked it at all. Too much responsibility.

It looked as though the room was finally filling up, and moments after she made that observation one of the Temple Masters down at the bottom of the auditorium rose up and cleared his throat. He was an Ithorian, and she recognized him as being the Temple Master of Kaleth. That made sense, they were in his home after all...

[member="Arekk"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

"Greetings, my fellow Je'daii..."

The booming yet oddly soothing voice of Master Jeo Dundam broke out over the gathered congregation as Asha found her seat. She pulled her orange robe a little tighter, straightening out the folds with an almost nervous tick as she realized how late she had been. Almost late enough to have missed the opening speech. Glancing over the crowd she looked for a familiar face or two, before her attention was caught once more by the Ithorian down below.

"We have all been summoned here today to mark a momentous occasion. I would like to begin by thanking each and every one of you for attending, a gathering such as this has not been witnessed by our Order since the refounding back on Teth and how far we have come since those times. The Council is proud of how far each of you have come in your Journey thus far."

Asha smiled as she recalled those earlier days, before Jyn had sent out the summons into the Galaxy and the men and women who stood among them now had answered the call. It had been just the two of them at first, sat within a Temple that was in dire need of repairs, and then the workers had come to fix it up, and the children she had saved with Cedric, and then the Je'daii came in such a magnitude that both the girls had been in over their head. A Council had been formed, and then the pilgrimage across to Aurum had been undertaken.

It felt like an eternity ago.

"It is along a similar vein that we are here today, to celebrate change and growth. There are several among us now who have completed their Great Journey, and are ready to begin the next chapter of their lives within our Order. These men and women are the first of this new age of Je'daii to carry out and complete this Journey, a path which has not been witnessed in full for millennia... But before we continue it is important that we are all reminded that just because their initial trials are over, this does not mean that their Journey has finished. Far from it, their Journey is just beginning..."

@Arekk @Ignis Imura

Attempting to focus upon myself, I could subtlety feel someone sitting down next to me. Getting themselves ready for the proceedings. I ignored it at first, until I felt a hand upon my shoulder. Taking a moment to open my eyes and turn my head to whoever it may be, I found that Arekk was sitting next to me. I smirked ever so slightly at him. His worrisome words of being late were met with the shaking of my head. I linked my arm around to his own back and just chuckled to myself.

"If you were late, then it would be silent except for the Masters speaking."

Releasing him from this position of greeting between us, I looked up towards the others as they got into their seats. My eyes scanning the area for any more familiar faces. I could see Asha but I wasn't going to yell across the room for her to join us. If need be, we could talk about what was happening later. Returning My attention to Arekk,

"Apparently something is happening that rarely takes place. Because last I knew, they didn't have literally, everyone called back to Kaleth just to have a town hall."

That was as if on cue, that one of the Masters of the council spoke up. Almost instantly all other talking died down. Master Jeo was currently speaking. His voice booming over the entire room. It almost echoed off of every wall within the Silent Temple. His words spoke of a momentous occasion. One that rarely ever comes, and even more so, is happening for the first time in a very long time. At the mere mention of Journeyers completing their trials, I expectantly looked over towards Arekk. I knew he was very close to completing all of his own trials. So maybe he was the one who was walking forward in their own journey?

I then looked inward. Worrying about my own trials. Did I complete all of mine? How long has it been since I first joined? It felt like yesterday that I was walking among broken ruins of a city being rebuilt looking after a rumor. Yet it also felt like ages ago when I first spoke to Asha, Jericho, Sahna, and Jyn. All who helped me take my first steps within the Je'daii. Calming myself, I accepted whatever happened. If I did finish all of them and I just forgot, then I would be surprised. Yet, should I have not completed them, I accept that I still have much to learn and obtain. It would mean it just wasn't my time. However, I had the inkling of a feeling that Jeo was speaking about myself, Arekk, and Asha. Or at the very least, one of the three of us.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Kyra Sol"], [member="Arekk"],

Arekk

AURUM

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Jyn Lorr"], [member="Ignis Imura"], [member="Kyra Sol"], [member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jericho"]

His attention diverted towards Master Jeo as he adressed all the people present, making a grand announcement of some sorts. It couldn't be a coincidence everyone attending were using their ceremonial attire and the mention of the Great Journey trials confirmed his suspicions.

Even then, revealing the "surprise" or comment about it would be a bummer so he decided to stay silent.

"You're right."

Caressing his jawline, Ar'ekk scanned the room for familiar faces and he managed to find some such as Asha and Jyn. They were somewhere among the crowd but they were hard to divise from his seat.

Looking over to Ignis and nodding, the Journeyer noted down what he said in return and followed with a comment.

"Guess we should be ready for anything, you've said they haven't done this type of event for a while."

He wasn't nervous but certainly became slightly nervous as the minutes progressed and the speech seemed to just drag on, not really paying attention to what was said. His appointment as a Jedi Knight was totally different, if this was such occasion, due to the fall of the Galactic Republic.

Ar'ekk would certainly appreciate a proper ceremony in the presence of those who he could call friends and really trust. One thing was for sure, everyone had come a long way and the hard work woulld be paid off at the end of the day.

Quiet among the back Sargon watched the proceeding events unfold curious as to what this all was about. He'd been a bit surprised to see at the request to join the event, he had a few guesses what it could be, but the Je'daii were still an evolving process to him so the guess was the best he could give it. He didn't have to wait for too long before the masters started speaking, it was still such a silly word to him, masters. As if anyone ever mastered the Force one way or the other. Not that he'd have ever been so disrespectful as to mention that, those who he trained knew his thoughts on it and never bothered him with the title for long. Focusing back on the speech though he found the reason for the summoning. It seemed some of the journeys were completed, now the only question was who among the crowd were among the first to complete them. He knew of some that were worthy in his mind, but if they had completed their tasks given to them were another.

[member="Asha Hex"] @Arekk @Ignis Imura

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Once a place that had nearly been a home for Stephanie Swail on her journey of self-discovery, the Je’daii were still a mystery on the whole to the Jedi Padawan, but she tried to understood as best she could. She respected them, admired their seclusion but took note of how they acted as a unit to the wider galaxy and the Force.

On Aurum, inside the Gathering Hall in Azar City, Stephanie stood respectfully quiet and at the back, mixed in with others who had come to see the ceremony. Je’daii stood around her, and she felt a little out of place, but she was here to silently support her friend [member="Kyra Sol"] who had saved her from death months ago.

All she wanted to do was to watch, observe and pay respect to her friend in this ceremony that meant so much. Lucky for her she still had the communication chip Kyra gave her when they first met, so she was able to receive the invitation from non other than [member="Jyn Lorr"] herself. Hopefully her place with the Silver Jedi wouldn’t be an issue – but then she wasn’t going to cause a fuss, try to talk or intervene. She was just here to watch and appreciate being allowed to be here for what was going to happen.

The hall was rather magnificent, and she was excited to see what would happen.

She was proud of Kyra, and even if she saw her today or not, she would hopefully remember little Stephanie Swail and how much she looked up to the girl who saved her life and put her on a path to the Light.

Kyra had not noticed the familiar face in the crowd.

At the mention of the Great Journey her heart had all but stopped, she could feel her stomach in her throat as the implications of the Ithorian's words began to take shape in her mind. Like the others in the room who had recently completed their trials, Kyra knew almost immediately where this was leading. Trepidation overrode excitement for her, however, she was still a relative enigma to this Order and the likelihood of anyone other than Jyn really knowing who she was happened to be fairly... Slim.

Would they see her as worthy?

Imagine her surprise then when the next words out of the Temple Masters twin mouths were "[member='Ignis Imura']..." She let out the breath she had been holding and relaxed back in her seat, gaze shifting across the room in search of the one who would be ascending from one path to another.

"If you could please make your way down here."

At the same time another of the Temple Masters rose from their seat; she was a giant of a woman, someone Kyra had seen often before her workshop was constructed. A Valkyri, Thorve Emberfall. The woman looked across the room to where Ignis was, a genuine appearance of pride wrought upon her expression...

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sargon Vynea"] [member="Arekk"] [member="Jericho"]

Arekk had returned his words. Speaking betwixt the words of the masters and softly so that only we could hear it. Agreeing that this was a rare occasion and was something that was going to be revealed to be quite the turn out. My attention turned to the man for a moment. Seeing and almost feeling the nervousness not just from him, but from everyone here. Being tapped into emotions was helpful, but it could be a curse at times. Like now. If everyone was nervous, then so was I. Something was going to happen. Then as if on cue, I heard my name called out.

I instantly turned to see that Thorve and Jeo were standing. Jeo who had called out my name, and Thorve, the master of my sub-path standing up with a smile that was brighter than the forges she worked. I felt a little more calm to see her face. Working with her quite nearly every day since discovering the forges allowed us to share something of a friendship between one another. Seeing her in such a state about my name being called calmed my nerves, and made me smile in return.

It was a rare thing in deed.

Standing up, I adjusted my robes to not be bunched up as I walked out into the isle and down towards the center of the room. I breathed in and attempted to not feel the eyes upon me from every direction. Many of the masters were stoic in their faces, or smiling and beaming with pride. Walking up, I stood in the center of an opening before the Masters of the Je'daii Order. Bowing my head and shoulders as a sign of respect to all of them, I then rose back up and looked directly at them. Waiting for what may, or may not come next.

However, I had a sneaking suspicion, that I was advancing in rank due to the previous talking and words of Master Jeo. However, one could not be too sure.

[member="Kyra Sol"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Sargon Vynea"], [member="Arekk"], [member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jyn Lorr"],

Arekk

AURUM

The suspicions raised by the "former" Jedi Knight turned out to be true, at some extent. This wasn't just an ordinary meeting of all Je'daii members at the gathering hall but a ceremony. All the robes worn at perfection, the attendance of Je'daii Masters and elders plus now Ignis being called out? This was a promotion ceremony.

Truth be told, if this is how things were going to be then Ar'ekk had nothing to be nervous about. His appointment as a Jedi Knight was something he never expected to occur like that, in the middle of a cave with a vision that phased him slightly. This was a fresh of breath air and his nerves dissipated in a matter of seconds.

"Go get them, Ignis."

His thoughts dwelled on his old master, Tugoro. The last time they've met was in territory of a newly built Jedi Order somewhere in the Outer Rim Territories, where he had been living for the past couple of months. One last adventure between the two would've been worked out if it wasn't for last minute details and matters that required their utmost attention at the time, having to leave aside such occasion for another time.

If it wasn't for him or Jyn, his beloved, he wouldn't be the man he was today. Who overcame darkness and inner demons, looked beyond good and evil and found peace within himself. A reformed person with a big heart, who wants nothing but the best for his family and friends.

Tefie had become his biggest motivation to keep going and do the right thing.

He waited and waited until it was his turn, which would be pretty soon...

"My greatest student," Thorve began, a little tongue-in-cheek being that in truth he was one of the only students she'd had and the only one to take her teachings seriously, something he'd likely know by this point, "I cannot even begin to explain to you how proud I am to stand before you on this day... You came to us bathed in darkness, with humility enough to ask for help. Since that time we have watched you grow in self-discipline, in confidence, as you carved out your own path, your own fate. Away from what was expected of you. Believe me when I say, I know how difficult that is."

She was, after all, a Valkyri. Most of her people were ignorant to the ways of the Force, and a greater number still despised the notion of traveling beyond the stars. They were happy with their ignorance, something she had been incapable of living with when the opportunity to become more than she was arose.

From her place among the crowd Asha could feel a grin forming upon her lips. To see Ignis down there among the Masters was beyond satisfying. She had been one of the first people he had interacted with upon reaching Aurum, she had seen his doubt, felt his uncontrollable emotions. Proud... Yes, that was the word for it. As though she was seeing a sibling succeed.

"It is, then, my greatest honor to inform you - and all gathered here today - of the completion of your Great Journey. The first Journeyer to complete said trials in millennia. It is my hopes that you will join me at the Forge in the days to come... But for now, Journeyer Imura, I would ask that you take a knee."

[member="Ignis Imura"] @Arekk @Stephanie Swail [member="Sargon Vynea"]

At the booming voice that was Thorve, one that I had grown used to, I had not seen her in this light before. I rarely ever saw her away from the forges. Slaving over a hammer and anvil with the light of the flames at her back. Yet here she stood. While the robes worn were well used and even had some small burn marks upon them, I wouldn't expect anything less from her. Her voice filled with a pride that was likely a very rare occurrence. She then spoke of my journey with the Je'daii. I felt a fire in my chest as she spoke.

My darkness, while still there, was under control. Humbling myself into the path of balance as it were. I still had much to do, and still had much to learn. However, Thorve brought it all into the light. She spoke highly of me, and that made a swelling feeling within my chest. I breathed in calmly now. Any nervousness I had, was melted away. She knew hardships, and found me experiencing them as well. Despite them standing in my path, I prevailed. I never really thought about all of this at once. All that I had done in my time here. I just did what I thought was was necessary of me. Yet, it seemed I had gone above the calling. I wouldn't lie should anyone ask, but the words of my mentor made me feel a pride within me.

Thorve then returned back to her duties as a member of the council. Speaking of myself being the first of the Je'daii to complete their trials. She was hopeful of my return to the forges to continue helping her. She broke off for a moment, only to tell me to kneel. I looked at her wide eyed for a moment, and understood what was going to happen. Nodding my head once, my foot seemed to move of it's own accord as I dropped down to one knee.

Even now, when I should be at my most prideful, and accepting of this role, I still felt like I had much more to obtain. Despite being told that I had risen above many of the people here, I felt like I didn't deserve this honor. I had yet to clear my families name. I had yet to truly push myself to the edge of not just my limitations, but the limitations of my own heritage. I still had much to do. However, I knew that I had to accept this title. This was just the first step of many towards my path.

Kneeling down, My mind cleared. The conflicts within my head ceased with one thought that kept pushing through. Not that of my family, Je'daii, or even my friends. Weirdly enough, it was the hot metal I had worked with for days. Each hammer stroke shaped it and changed it into something new. I finally understood the reasoning for Thorve's teachings. Forging was not a physical or spiritual task that can be finished with a days worth of hard work. Its a task that will always be improving. A skill that will change over time as one learns of new metals to work with. I still had yet to take my final form if you will.

Becoming a Ranger, taking the next step, would open the door for me. A door that had once been closed because of my allowance of my rage, and darkness to prevail over control of both. I was scared. Fearful even of what these new steps would require of me. Yet, as I raised my head to look at the council I accepted any of those consequences that may come.

As Master Jeo stated earlier, My journey has not ended. It has only just begun.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Arekk"], [member="Kyra Sol"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Sargon Vynea"],

Thorve released a blade from her belt, tucked within the folds of her robes and out of sight prior to this point.

While many Force Orders utilized Lightsabers for ceremonies such as these, the Valkyri opted for a more traditional option. After all, was it not Force-Imbued blades which had defined them, long before Force Sabers and eventually Lightsabers became a more readily acquired weapon? Besides, for the both of them it was fitting; he worked with metals almost daily, and she worked the Forge, if anyone was to be Knighted in such a fashion it was Ignis.

She brought the blade down without another word, gingerly settling it against one shoulder before raising it up and over his bowed head until it sat atop the other.

Asha knew that Sects such as the Jedi had rites, oaths which had to be uttered, promises which had to be made, but the Je'daii did not. A promise held no meaning if the one behind it did not intend to keep it, and those who would upkeep those rites were going to do so regardless of whether or not they were uttered aloud.

As a result a silence stretched over the room, yet it was far from uncomfortable. Many were on the edge of their seats, grateful to be bearing witness to such an event.

"You came to us with uncertainty, knelt before us a Journeyer... Now rise, Ignis Imura, as a Ranger of the Je'daii Order..."

Thorve's voice boomed throughout the chamber, yet it did not lose its affectionate undertones. Pride swelled within her, glowing upon her features as she waited for him to stand.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom