Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private At What Cost

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Amani could sense the sadness that emanated off of Ura. The Lervon’s words rang all too true to her, “I understand. I only just woke up and… it’s already hard.” She tried to shove thoughts of the battle out of her mind, but trying to focus on the computer left her doing little more than staring blankly at the screen.

"You being ok as helped."

She gave a warm smile, "Thanks. I'm just glad we all got out... alive. Is that... wrong to say?" It felt wrong to say. Countless people died on Yurb. Something about finding relief in the fact that her friends were at least among the living made her feel like she was thinking selfishly.

Amani opened her mouth to speak again, following up on her explanation, when another wave of pain jolted through her shoulder, and she reflexively hit the desk with her fist, “Dammit!” she hissed through clenched teeth. “Sorry.” Maybe the droid was right, going without medication might not be the smartest idea. And it just made her all the more cognizant of the fact that she was missing an entire arm.

The healer rested her forehead in her palm and began to consciously take slow, deep breaths. After a minute of complete silence, she finally sighed matter-of-factly, “This really sucks.” Her optimism only took her so far, it seemed.

Ura looked at her friend, nodding a little at the alive comment before speaking up. "Y-yeah. I think that's still right. Back home... they say that those who die live on in the next generations of Lervon. It's... weird to explain." The Lervon honestly didn't know what explanations would sound right, and which ones wouldn't. Especially when something didn't exactly translate to something an organic might have felt before.

She then gave Amani a worried look as she turned from here work. Her friend seemed to be hurting still. "Are you sure you're ok? I... I don't want to make anything worse." Ura was honestly worried. She didn't know what might hurt Amani more, so she wanted to be careful, but.... She wanted to see her still. Just know she was ok.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Amani found some degree of reassurance in Ura’s explanation. If only some. It was a nice thought, at least. Unfortunately the flash of pain was a much more irritating and overbearing distraction.

“Okay? Uh, if I’m being honest, no, not really.” Ura’s presence was a balm at least. Amani leaned back, “I don’t think you could make it worse,” she gave a single strained laugh. “Let’s just try and get this work done, yeah?” Doing her best to focus back in, Amani peered closely at the computer, able to spend at least a few minutes ignoring her arm with the distraction of work, in spite of the growing pain. Surely this couldn’t be the new normal, could it? The thought of it made her stomach drop.

“So, now that it’s over… What are you going to do?” Amani looked back over to Ura, referring to the battle. She was curious to know if the Lervon had any plans set in motion. Amani herself already had gears turning in her head for what could possibly come next. But nothing productive, at least not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom