Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asymmetric War Unit

Concept:​
Asymmetric Warfare Units​

Created in part with concepts from the Supreme Commander and Grand Marshal, the Asymmetric Warfare Unit Program is designed to provide tactical superiority on the field of battle, and strike at weaknesses in an enemy’s forces. The program emphasizes working in mixed units, called fire teams of four to six members each with similar advanced training but a different specialization.

Focusing on the Omega Pyre’s concepts of working with Force users, the AWU trains in facilities around the galaxy against traditionally trained Jedi, emphasizing in Sith tactics. With an expansive armory including any number of weapons and advanced armor, the teams are long ranged and able to be deployed from small but heavily shielded and armored shuttles.

Training ranges from but is not limited to urban warfare, demotions, environmental survival, zero-G combat, vehicular warfare, cyber warfare, makeshift weaponry, anti-Sith and anti-Jedi tactics, infiltration and sabotage. This training includes working in teams with a variety of Force traditions for both NFUs and other Force users.

As an advanced unit, each member is encouraged to customize their personal gear to increase their potential and uses. Deployed in a variety of environments, including black ops mission and advanced combat units on the battlefield, the AWU leaders (typically mid ranking military members) are granted frigates to move around the galaxy with their team. The only real rules that manage the AWUs is to uphold the ideals of the Galactic Alliance, and make choices to protect the greater good.

(Inspiration: The N7 Units from Mass Effect, The team from Halo: Reach)

Daren Silvari

D
I am thoroughly pleased with this idea.
If it comes to fruition, count me as signed up for it.
[member="Coren Starchaser"]

All this talk of N7 makes me want to play Mass Effect again.

Daren Silvari

D

No rush on getting it done, obviously.

I just need to buy an Xbox 360 again and then I'll be able to play. I have an older model that quit when I got it, or rather didn't want to give me my games back when I put them in.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge

Hmm this is good. You've touched base of a lot of concepts that most units like this usually have. Though the thing is that I'd suggest something smaller than a frigate, maybe something like this: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/54246-the-hawk/

Big enough to fit the required people, enough space to store equipment but with enough speed, shields, armor and firepower to break a blockade if the need be.

While not ready yet by a long shot I can see Kira eventually fitting into this role. Of course she has to have combat training first, and learn how to be a force user and learn warfare basics oh yes and let's not forget not be a typical lost farm girl anymore.

Aw, you guys are helping on my idea... No I'm not crying, just the sun in my eyes (I don't care if we live underground on Sullust!)

[member="Noah Corek"]
Putting one or two of those in the team would be good. Based on image, it looks like its seating room only? Frigate was to give them range of motion, yes partially based off Shepard the Spectre, but also to give these units a bit more prestige. They can call a frigate to them on hteir missions, etc etc.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
I would LOVE to have your expertise, just need hype and to create the first team or two!

[member="Braith Achlys"]
What if there is only Mercury?

[member="Kira Vaal"]
Coren can help with that! Toss Kira into some of the missions, hit up Coren or Peyton, they can teach her Reading, Writing, Arithmetic Soldiering!

Lets get a hype train, choo? choo?

Join us, get training, get your own Krogan.

Sign up now and we'll throw in this Limited Edition Battle-Worn Garrus Vakarian NPC! Embarrass your enemies with a sniper who fires more than just witty quips.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom