Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aspha Serum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
QomRJM1.gif
kYBV4P.jpg

i4hmQ0s.jpg
Image Source: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Intent:To Create a Super Healing Drug that surpasses Bacta, Kolto, and Kolcta
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/46543-take-off-the-mask/
Manufacturer:Titan Industries, Pharma Tech, Void Genetics
Distributor: Arceneau Trading Company, Pharma Tech
Model: Asph Serum
Affiliation: Open-Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Mold, Fungus
Description:
Asph Serum is a hyper-healing substance that derives from Asphodlaria Mold found deep beneath the deserts of Tatooine.

Asphodlaria Mold can only be found in deep caves beneath the deserts of Tatooine. These caves were long ago carved by the massive Greater Krayt Dragons of the desert and have since remained largely empty. Still, moisture gathers within these caves and using this moisture the Asphodlaria Mold grows in small patches. It should be noted that the conditions for this mold has to be absolutely perfect and stumbling upon it is completely impossible, harvesting it is nearly as impossible with scientists only being able to take away tiny amounts at a time, making it unsuitable for daily use

Asphodlaria Mold has unique healing properties*. These healing properties can be equated to that of Bacta and Kolto, though it is far more efficient, much more like the fabled Kolcta.

The Mold works much in the same way that Kolcta does, and has many of the same effects. When processed into a serum the Mold is capable of healing nearly any wound, reattaching limbs, fighting off infections and even countering the effects of aging if regularly ingested along with acting as a very effective anti-bacteria. Asphodlaria Mold much like Bacta seems to be a "miracle" drug. The one way that Asphodlaria Mold differs from Kolcta is the fact that it works far more efficiently. Asphodlaria Mold requires less of the actual substance as well as less time to run its course.

In the world of medicine, this is incredibly valuable as producing less usually means less costs while maintaining the same effectiveness.

The medicine is mostly applied through injection. A small amount of this substance injected directly into the wounded area will see the drug take immediate effect, jumping to work and healing the wounded area very quickly, within a few hours of application. The Serum itself can heal anything from lost skin to regrowing actual muscle tissue. This effect works much faster than Bacta, Kolto, or Kolcta, with the other three taking days, if not weeks to work properly. It should be noted that injection is not the only method, one can also consume the serum or apply it as a topical cream upon a wound.

When consumed, Aspha Serum, like Kolcta reduces aging. This means if regularly consumed Aspha Serum effectively makes someone immortal, albeit doing this is incredibly expensive and nearly impossible.

The drawback of this miracle drug is one substantial, and rather painful, side effect. When applied to a wound, it temporarily increases the sensitivity of nerve endings. This means while the healing of the wound begins, the pain from said wound is excruciating. It brings blinding pain, hurt, and outright agony, healing but causing the user massive amounts of hurt in the process. To most, this is an acceptable trade off. The sensitivity of the nerves linger for hours after the wound heals, sometimes even days.

Another drawback of Aspha Serum is the fact that its entirely possible to be allergic to the substance. This allergy can be severe or mild depending on the person, however because of its method of use it can be dangerous regardless. If one is allergic and the Aspha is injected directly into the body, reactions can go from severe pain, swelling, fever, the loss of sight, to outright death. Allergic reactions differ from person to person and species to species.***

Another oddity of the Aspha Serum is its strange habit of dyeing the skin of the user. This odd discoloration in the pigmentation of the skin where the Serum has been applied is a strange side effect of the drug, as of yet researchers cannot identify why this problem exists, but the effect is permanent without some sort of surgery or treatment. Alrics skin after use was dyed in stark slashes of bright red.

The last after effect of the Aspha Serum is a slight hallucinogenic mulling. This differs from subject to subject though it always occurs. After the use of the Aspha Serum the victim begins to experience things similar to the use some recreational drugs. They may hear things, see things, or feel the slowing of time itself. This effect is different on every person, but always occurs in some form.

Due to these reasons it is not suggested that one utilizes Aspha Serum if they intend to fight any time soon after use. Instead if should be used in a life or death situation.

The Arceneau Trade Company, and by extension Danger Arceneau has been aware of Asphodlaria Mold for some time due to involvement with Danger's father and a Tusken Tribe that holds the Mold as sacred. However, harvesting the substance in any great quantity proved to be completely infeasible due to the molds nature. and reproducing it through synthetic means was impossible.

It was only when Danger Arceneau applied this substance on Alric Kuhn and he later returned to Titan Industries was it realized that through Yuuzhan Vong Bio-technology the Asphodlaria Mold could in fact be reproduced and processed. This however also proved to be incredibly difficult and painstaking. A single eight ounce vial of Aspha Serum, the completed product of synthetic Asphodlaria Mold took an entire week to produce and upwards of a ludicrous amount of credits. The creation of Aspha Serum is incredibly difficult, complex, and to Titans knowledge is completely impossible for any other company due to the heavy amount of Yuuzhan Bio-tech used in its creation.Though the eight ounce vial of Aspha Serum is capable of healing anything short of death itself.

As such the production of this serum on a massive scale is absolutely impossible and will likely prove to be so for the foreseeable future.

However, because of the incredible effects of Asphodlaria Mold and the fact that it <em>could</em> be produced Titan Industries in conjunction with Arceneau Trade Company decided to move forward on production on a very limited basis.

The Aspha Serum is now being sold to the public on a very limited basis, though at this current time only the incredibly rich and well connected are capable of obtaining even a single vial.

Strengths:
-Can Heal Almost Any Injury
-Fast Acting

Weaknesses:
-Increases Sensitivity of Nerves
-Extremely Expensive to Produce
-Chance of Allergy**
-Discolors Skin
-Mildly Hallucinogenic

Species Submission: Asphodlaria Mold

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kolcta
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bacta
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kolto

OOC Note: This substance will be used incredibly sparingly. It will be heavily regulated by [member="Danger Arceneau"] and myself. This will not be seen in the hands of regular Soldiers, Smugglers, or day to day people. Asph Serum is expensive, rare, and incredibly difficult to manufacture, as such it is in very limited supply.

*It works through space magic. I'm not going to explain it because...well i can't. Bacta isn't explained, Kolto isn't explained, Kolcta isn't explained. I feel by trying to explain this i would not only embarrass myself but also break Bacta and Kolto.

**Upon purchase of the drug the purchaser will roll one Six sided Die. If the Die lands on a 1 or a 2 they are allergic to Aspha Serum, allergy symptoms are described in the description.

***I won't control how a character reacts to the allergy, i have listed the symptoms and a person may choose from these.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
Is this mold canon? I can't seem to find it either via google or wookiepedia, though I've had issues with both recently, if you can give me a link to either a submission or an entry in the wookie, that'd expedite this process.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Darth Vitium"] The Mold is not canon.

Before you ask, the reason i did not sub it is because i didn't feel it was necessary.

In the description of this sub i stated the molds effects, purpose, and extreme limitations, as well as the fact that it is -incredibly- rare, with only one Tusken Tribe knowing about it and Arceneau Trade Company(Who has been a feature on Tatooine for Decades and has dealings with said tribe). There is also the fact that right now only Titan Industries has the capabilities of producing it due to heavy investments in Yuuzhan Vong Technologies.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
I cannot, in good conscious, approve of this and allow you to have this used in a thread or some scenario where this might get reported and have this come back and have this retroactively denied due to a small formality such as not having the fungus approved as species or something in the codex. Before I can approved of this, I will need a species submission made and at least pending approval before I can approve of this. The submission itself is great, the dev thread is a bit tmi for my taste but it's perfectly good. I just need that other submission made and approved first. I apologize for that.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
Would you like me to archive this for now? You can request it to be pulled out once you've done as requested and it can be pushed through from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom