Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [ASK][EOTL/MERCS/IMPERIALS] Subterfuge on Mon Calamari

Voice of Order

Empire of the Lost Thread Creator

Subterfuge on Mon Calamari

It is a period of chaos and disruption in the Outer Rim. Pirates, slavers, Force Wielders, and all sorts of creatures foul and untamed stalk the worlds far out from the center of the galaxy, the region cries out for peace and order to be restored. Answering this call is the EMPIRE OF THE LOST, an Imperial Remnant faction attempting to assert control over the Lianna and other nearby systems. They have set their sights on MON CALAMARI, a shipbuilding and shipyard world, to gain necessary advanced shield technology for their new class of STAR DESTROYERS.

Far beneath the oceans, at a depth of 2,000 meters, sits KESTIS BASE, an underwater laboratory and research facility for some of the Mon Calamari’s most advanced technology. A team of Imperial agents and mercenaries, on orders from MOFF ACULIA VOLAND, have been sent to acquire the shield designs at any cost. They have taken over a resupply submarine, knocking out the original crew of human and alien contractors and locking them in a spare cargo hold. They are soon set to approach the base and make entry.

What will the team discover so far from the surface? How will they go about their objective? Will they seek to avoid bloodshed and harm, or revel in bloodshed and chaos? All of this remains to be seen…

c60c35dd4f37231edd2e964ddb963acd.jpg

Last edited:
I Hate Fish. It should be the center of an autobiography if he ever wanted to write one. Fish has been, and always will be, his mortal enemy. He was not fearful of Jedi, retribution from the ghosts of the Sith, to fighting the witches of Dathomir...he would prefer any of them over the Fish. Feeling the submarine move a bit upwards on current and move forward, he leaned near a porthole and kept one his eyes on a sonar nearby.

The Sullustan knew the assignment, acquire shielding technology they can use for their upcoming naval star Destroyers. It was a good goal to accomplish, what with the Galaxy at large preparing for the next schism of conflict. However, he did doubt annoying friends of the Alliance would do much good, far more, largely supporters of the then Rebel Alliance.

It was no secret he harbored some admiration of their technology, but at the same time he saw them with a hatred for their designs, as so many of them destroyed what was critical to the Galactic Empire. Noticing the submarine was slowing down, he spoke out with his eyes briefly leaving the view of the water.

"How much longer till we get there? The water is calm right now but that can always change."

Tella was wearing her Imperial blacks today, sitting next to her “mentor” Jegy, as her mother put it. She could feel his discomfort with being so deep beneath the water, she was a little uncomfortable about it too, albeit for different reasons. Namely, if anything cracked or went wrong, they were totally and entirely ruined at the depth they were at. It was refreshing to know that at least it would be over quickly and none of the fish would get to nibble on her while she was alive if they did suffer a hull breach, however.

Glancing at the autopilot’s clock, she responded.

“Approximately about ten more minutes, at a slower speed. We are on the final approach.” She said gently. It must be a real phobia of his if he was looking this unsettled, given his lengthy history and the amount of foes he had faced in the past.

But that is exactly why Mother dispatched him and he has me here to watch him, this is important enough to risk the both of us to get done. We need those advanced shields if we are going to go up against the best the galaxy has to offer someday. And with how things are looking, that day may come sooner than later.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

Giving a small nod at hearing that they were on final approach, he spoke out loud as he finally let his eyes go away from the viewport...right as a large fish actually passed. Like a bad omen...

"So what is the plan? I am not the best...talker per say. We may look like fish but I am certainly not one."

Smiling a bit, he walked over towards the cockpit area as he looked forward as the submarine started to descend. Voicing his ideas, he did not try to sound as if he was making the plan...but more or less, open to the ideas or suggestions.

"First is simple, we break everything. Bad news? Mon Calamarian Navy will tear us a new one and be hard to escape. Second option is to bluff, bluff, bluff but once again, bad talker. Final idea is one talks, one sneaks around. Again, these are just thoughts...just...not used to being underwater."

Tella Voland Tella Voland

Tella did not have to use the Force to notice Sesara’s disturbed reaction to the large fish. She raised one eyebrow slightly in surprise-she truly thought by the way that he had handled that rogue Jedi before that very little could scare him. Goes to show that everyone has some weaknesses, no matter what might say otherwise. Regarding the plan, she put both hands under her chin, face scrunching up in thought.

“I would say we bluff and sneak our way as far as possible and try to take out their communication systems so they cannot call for help. Then deal with any of their escape submersibles to stop that route as well. Once that is done, we can do as we please, but they will likely have heavy security in addition to the obscurity and depth of the base.”

She sighed.

“Mother isn’t known for handing out easy assignments, that’s for sure…as for the water, I try not to think about it. One crack…” She let the sentence die off as she glanced out the window nervously.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

Nodding, he knew that bluffing was probably the best way to go. Taking out communications was indeed a very intelligent option and perhaps the best course of action. Sabotaging any way for them to escape will also make their plans well...but no witnesses, no survivors...it was not going to be very easy. Walking back towards a small rucksack of his, he heard about her fear over cracks in the water as he pulled out two odd slugthrowers, flicking them in his hands rather well before turning.

"Already ahead of that...we minimize the damage we cause from here to there, we will be relying on brute force and knowing when to lock things down. Here, before I forget...a gift and also a chance against the Galaxy."

Moving over towards Tella, he flipped over one of the slugthrowers to where the handle was out towards her. The Ebonwood on the hilt was rather mastercrafted, hand made to the point where it must have taken a few hours to get it right. Holding onto it, it had a gentle sheen of Songsteel all around it, the entire slugthrower seemed light to the touch...there was barely a rattle on it. The bullets inside if even glanced, had serialized letters on them. T.V. was on Tellas rounds as the Sullustan spoke, holding his up carefully.

"Eight hundred years of metalsmithing and more knowledge than I want to admit of Voidstones...came to this. Every assignment your mother gave us been against Force Users of some type, so I wanted to even the odds. I call it the DN One, a revolver made with specialty ammunition. Designed for one purpose and one purpose only, to kill Force Users. I hand made this one in my hand...and the second one in yours. Each bullet is molded, smelted and hand made with void stones shavings in its design. That prevents anyone from trying to purposely redirect the bullet without some thinking. Anyone trying to block it, will hit the songsteel tip instead and most likely still impact on them."

"I made only two so far...you have the second and after testing, only had about ten rounds left. You have five, I have five. It acts like a blaster without the recoil, I shaved the inside of the barrel for as much precision as I can, the entire frame even takes the recoil. Essentially, you can hang upslide down and fire it, you won't sway when you are done firing. I plan on after this assignment, to make more for our operatives...the Galaxy is becoming increasingly dangerous and this can even the odds."

Taking his, he spun it briefly as he seemed to have a general knowledge of slugthrowers before putting it into his robe in a rather oversized spot. Apparently he did use a weapon like it before...but what is missing must been much bigger. Looking towards the cockpit, there was a soft whine as he nodded, moving towards communications as he typed in the code.

"We are being pulled into dock, are you ready?"

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland

Taking over the resupply sub had been easier than expected, but that wouldn't be the full extent of the mission. One might say that it was the easiest part if the job. Contractors weren't known for the best security details, so the small contingent of imperial mercenaries made short work of them. No doubt security at the Mon Calamarian research base would be much more formidable.

Some of the mercenaries were apprehensive of taking on the famous Mon Calamarian naval forces. After all, wars had been won and lost on the backs of that flee, no doubt the coming conflicts would be similar. Mercenaries cared little for these advanced shields though, only for the carrot at the end of the proverbial stick, credits. One among them was no different.

There was one mercenary amount the platoon who thought more of what they had been tasked to do. The mercenary in question was an armored bruiser who had taken point in clearing the sub of the contractors and their guards. This mercenary said little aside from an odd call-out, their voice filtered through the metallic helm they wore. It would only be proper for the mercenary to give an update to the agents before they docked.

"Ship's been fully pacified, for now it seems we've gotten lucky. The sub's original crew didn't get off a distress call to the main base. We just need to make sure not to poke the stingwing nest after we dock..."

That was the hope anyway...

About ten more minutes from their final destination, Kestis Base.

Closer now...

Black optical sensors dimly reflected the droid's own expressionless visage back at it as sensors peered out of the viewport idly. It's audio-receptors receiving and processing the planning of it's crew as it's own neural pathways were formulating simulations within it's synthetic mind.

"While the crew was unable to send a distress call, it is unlikely that getting into the facility will be any easier."

SKR 13's Vocabulizer droned out in a flat, hollow voice, each syllable crackling with a metallic resonance.

"Data provided indicates KESTIS BASE as a vital place for Mon Calamari research efforts. Maxmimum security is assumed, measures to verify the crew's identities are highly probable. With weapons-grade research, the likelihood of the facility cutting corners in their defense are small."

It candidly stated to Tibera. The droid's feet clunking against the hard ground of the submarine as it turned to looked face the others.

In it's program, it decreed it's statements would be more thoroughly considered if it was facing and making 'eye-contact' with those it addressed.

Servomotors whined as it's head swiveled toward Tella and the Sullustan, Jegy. Both lifeforms it did not know aside that they were participants in the mission. But then again, the same could be said for about anyone else to it.

"Bluffing is a valid course, given that a head-on assault may provoke the facility to send an alert that would jeopardize the success of this mission. Although it is likely the crew that was to man this vessel are registered within the docking security's databanks to arrive to deliver supplies.

An effort to slice the databanks to change those expected to arrive to meet our appearances is suggested in order to reinforce the bluff, otherwise the this unit may provide an ample distraction in an attempt to have the port's guards overlook the verification of identity."

Tags: Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Tella Voland Tella Voland

Last edited:
Smart bot, most likely a damn sight smarter than the average Merc. Tibera listened in on what was going on between the agents and the droid. Impatience was setting quickly, and the mercenary was already feeling restless again. The sooner this operation was over the sooner Tibera could collect their pay and have their wine. Focusing on the finish line took the mind off impending battle.

"The more you talk the less this sounds like a quick and simple op. Starting to think I would have had a better time dodging pirates on the fringes."

That was not exactly the Mercenary's true feelings. In fact, deep down Tibera was very grateful for the position they had. A place in the Empire meant relative safety, not to mention a heaping pile of credits for each operation. You'd have to be a fool to turn all that down.

Tibera found a seat close to the cockpit, giving frequent looks at the autopilot timer. Somehow the seconds were feeling like hours. This was going to be one of the hardest tests of Tibera's life. They wouldn't be fighting some rag tag group of pirates, or some motley militia on a backwater world, this would probably be a fight with real soldiers.

Well, too late to swim back home now...

"Keep your chin up kid," They muttered to themself. "Just like always..."

Tella nodded gratefully as Jegy handed her his deadly creation, strapping the DN One to her belt as she did so. She could see yet again why her mother valued the ancient Inquisitor so much. 900 years had done little to dull his thinking or his cunning.

“Thank you for this, Jegy, truly,” She meant what she said “With the odds we are going up against, we will need every advantage we can scrape together to win, especially against rogue Force wielders.”

As the ship began to pull into the dock, she gave him a thumbs up. She was hoping to resolve at least the initial part of the plan peacefully, perhaps through some Force-assisted influencing…once they had taken out the enemy’s communications, then they could be a bit more bold.

Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen SKR-13 SKR-13 Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

TotallyNotADMAccount

Totally not a DM account for throwaway NPC posts
a5r6WZ1.png

As the submarine docked, it connected to two interior airlocks which led into the unloading and supply room of the base. Four Mon Calamarian guards with blaster-spears stood at attention, waiting for the expected resupply team to drop off essentials such as food, medicine, and spare parts. They were relatively relaxed for the moment-after all, this was a secret base, this resupply expedition had been done dozens of times before, and in reality they were largely there to make sure that the contractors hired to supply them were not ripping them off by withholding requisition supplies or getting into trouble with the civilians by somehow wandering in the base.

Kelbrac, the foremost and lead guard out of the airlocks was a middle-aged Mon Calamarian male and yawned as he leaned on his blaster-spear.

“Another blue milk kind of day…I suppose that is the benefit of getting older, they assign you to the easier duties. Beats risking getting shot at pirates and criminals every single day, eh, Talkis?”

Talkis, another one of the guards at the front, laughed.

“The Force knows we put in our time doing that duty. Now it’s just babysitting civvies and collecting and gambling away our paychecks. Hey, remind me to crush you again at Pazaak. I’m looking to get a new speeder once this assignment is over…”

Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen SKR-13 SKR-13 Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

Giving a curt nod towards Tella, he knew their mercenaries were well paid and were to not screw things up...then again, paying for what you think they are worth versus not, is very difficult at times. Glancing back towards the droid, he smiled a little and gave a nod, giving a bit of a strange thumbs up with his left hand. It seemed...a bit odd but he was still getting used to his organic arm again. There was a loud set of hissing with the doors adjusting pressurization to the base on the inside.

Giving a small yawn, he let his ears pop so he could hear properly and when the doors started opening, he put on his best gentle face he could muster and walked forward. Having sensitive ears at times, allowed him to somewhat hear the conversation on the other side as he went forward with a conversation in mind. Both hands were clasped onto each other, hidden into his own robe he wore that resembled...well a Jedi would have worn a long time ago if someone told them that fashion was outdated. The voice was slightly altered, to give a more gentle look but that grit, that bit of unusual accent still existed...but kinder.

"Gentlemen, we have arrived with resupply and discretion. As of this moment, the Galactic Alliance is on inspection for their product. Personally I find it silly to be sent here with a few agents and a recording data analyst, but that is what they have demanded. Requesting the clearance into the base...faster this is done, faster I can get back to the bar, down some Tihaar and place a few bets on fights. Alright?"

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen SKR-13 SKR-13

TotallyNotADMAccount

Kelbrac turned to welcome their regular resupply contractors, only to find out that in fact, this time, there was a new team instead of the usual crew. This set him on edge just a little bit, but that in and of itself was not enough to raise his suspicion. After all, they were contractors, people could be hired and fired at the drop of a hat, cost cutting permeated even this far down the procurement chain. What got him to adjust his posture into more of an “at-ready” stance and really peaked his suspicion was the Sullustan’s claims.

Galactic Alliance inspectors? We received no briefing on that. These shields are being designed for our own naval forces first and foremost for the defense of Dac. And this Sullustan seems…off…to me.

“Galactic Alliance inspectors you say?” He repeated, motioning for the other guards to come forward and to pay attention. Not quite hostile yet, but it was clear that until he was satisfied, no one was moving forward into the base. “That’s interesting, we had no communication of the sort from high command. You don’t happen to have any official documents on you, do you? Signed by General Keras himself? Or perhaps you won’t mind waiting here for a moment while I send one of my men to check in with headquarters.”

Last edited:
As the docking doors released to reveal the two guardsmen, SRK-13's inital scan of the room couldn't help but to spark a brief analysis of both Mon Calamari guardsmen. Though not on their weaponry at which it had already determined the general make of, but rather the unpleasingness of their biological proportions.

Bulbous eyes planted towards the sides of their heads like prey, an tall cranium that'd surely peek out of any cover combined the general ugliness of their face. The droid couldn't help but to wonder how most sentients could take their ridiculous appearance seriously.

Though for all their self-prescribed descriptions given to them by SRK-13's internal processors, it had to be noted that these two specimens held enough sense to not be so easily fooled by the Sullustan's bluff.

A verification for official documents that they've certainly did not have would be 'blow' as sentient street-punks would put it for this whole operation. It was a situation that demanded interjection by it's programming.

In methodical, short-steps with it's arms bent inward in fashion of the stereotype of a protocol droid. SRK-13 clanked it's way forward partially off the sub before the guards.

"That will not be necessary, Masters."

It interrupted, it's previously hollow voice holding a bit more artificial cheer to it as if to give some 'life' to it's voice.

"We have been a last-minute arrangement, no physical documentation was able to be procured in time due to the circumstances.

Although authorizations have been transmitted onto my databanks. If you would allow me to connect with the terminal, I may be able to bring up these documentations for verification."

TotallyNotADMAccount TotallyNotADMAccount Tella Voland Tella Voland Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen

Trepidation be damned, it was time to get to work. Focus on the objective, and trust the people beside you. These were the things Tibera would have in her mind as she stepped into the airlock of the sub. Once those doors opened, it would be entirely up to the agents to talk then all through. Tibera was glad that job wouldn't be falling to then.

Metal clanged on Metal as the mercenary and the droid entered the docking bay. Tib cracked their knuckles and secured their gear as they entered into the room. Best to be ready in case things got interesting.

It was around that time that Jegy began the negotiations. The Sullustan spoke with confidence to the two guards, and at first it seemed to be working out smooth as silk. However, the guards seemed to buy the line less and less as things went on. Tibera considered cutting out the middle man and just trying their luck with the guards. One hand reached for one of the utility pouches around Tib's waist.

Then SKR-13 threw their hat into the ring, and the hand once again rested. Last thing Tib wanted was to be the one that lights the candle. Plus this blaster lances weren't good for anyone's health. So for now, they'd hang back just behind the group and let the situation develop.

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland , Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara , SKR-13 SKR-13

Last edited:

Average of 21 w/ modifiers: Masterful

The situation was not getting off to a good start with the chief guard pegging Sesara as suspicious in the very first interaction they had within the base. That was to be expected with the flimsy origin story Jegy had thrown out there, but to be fair, her mother had not given them anything better to come up with. Predictably, the guard was extremely skeptical, and now they had the eyes of all four guards in the room on them. This was turning out to be a karkshow and they had barely even begun.

Thankfully, their droid companion stepped in, offering to provide proof if he could just connect to a terminal. She doubted he could really do that, but terminal access would be extremely helpful. If they could cut off communications access remotely, that would make things go a lot more smoothly in the event things actually went south in the future.

I had not thought of droids as being particularly useful for this mission, but this one…

She smiled slightly as a plan came to her mind. Drawing upon the the Light Side of the Force and subtly gesturing with her gloved right hand, she called forth small, delicate silvery tendrils of power, weaving them in and around the heads of the Mon Calamarians. Adroitly and with the most consummate skill, she wove them into delicate, almost snowflake like patterns, before placing them carefully into the heads of the guards, willing a sense of peace and trust among them, while discouraging suspicion and hostility. If it worked, they should be a lot more receptive to SKR-13’s explanation of the events and not be as on guard as they were now.

Last edited:

TotallyNotADMAccount

Kelbrac glanced over at the odd-looking protocol droid who had just suggested the authorization was concealed on his databanks. He paused for a moment, thinking, although already the tension building up within him had begun to ebb away, and adjusted his stance from a more combat ready position to a relaxed one. It made sense in a lot of ways, what the droid was saying. They did not risk transmissions from the base unless it was important, after all, it was a hidden base and they were on communications lockdown most of the time. The resupply submersible was the only real outside communication they had for weeks, and if there was going to be an inspection done, giving the authorization to the droid made sense, it would be more secure than putting it in a datapad that could get lost or stolen inadvertently and reveal their location.

Besides, he’s clearly a protocol droid, and they aren’t typically programmed for deception-is that even allowed by their programming? I never paid much attention to droid class in school, but I swear there was something about the laws of robotics that would not let them do so. And if High Command really wants to let the Galactic Alliance poke around, well, they must have some kind of political reasoning for it that’s well above my paygrade. As long as I can be shown the proper authorization papers…it won’t be my head on the line if this comes back to bite us later.

Nodding at the droid, he motioned toward one of the terminals located near the interior entry doors.

“You can get set up over there while your friends wait here with us. Once I see the proper authorization, I will let you inspect what you need to, with a friendly escort of course just to make sure you do not get lost or any other guards give you trouble.”

If everything checked out, he and his boys could just simply play babysitter to the inspectors, get some kind of commendation, and then spend the rest of the shift relaxing, talking, and maybe even gambling. This was likely to be the only notable thing for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen SKR-13 SKR-13 Tella Voland Tella Voland

Heightened suspicion was expected given the Sullustan's prior blunder. It had already calculated for this with a further exchange of words, though such prepared statements were null when the guard looked as if he readily accepted the droid's proposal. It was unaccounted for, perhaps... SKR-13 thought... it had a small error in it's cognitive simulators that made it underestimate it's conversational skills.

"Of course."

With agreement from the guards, the heavy metal steps of the droid trotted it's way to the computer-terminal. It's steps just coming short of the wall-socket connected to it. In a few seconds, it's finger retracted to reveal a scomp link that was inserted to establish a connection.

Prior scans of the incapacitated crew's IDs and their original authorization allowed SKR-13 to create a template at which to modify and tamper with in it's processing units. A false, altered version of it generated and uploaded onto the terminal's screen for the guards to view.

"It has been uploaded." It chirped out. "Please come to authorize validity."

It may have been fool-proof to the eye, but if ran underneath more scrutinous inspection, it be quickly reviewed it was nothing more than a copy meant to fool sentients.

If it did come to that 'unfortunate' outcome however, SKR-13 was more than ready to make the switch to 'aggressive diplomacy'. A back-up it was confident in with the aid of the other three on hand.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Tella Voland Tella Voland Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen TotallyNotADMAccount TotallyNotADMAccount

TotallyNotADMAccount

Unfortunately for SKR-13 and the rest of the Imperial boarding crew, Kelbrac was thorough in his inspection of the certificates and authorization. Still under the influence from Tella’s influencing, however, he was not immediately hostile upon realizing that the documentation was far from sufficient to allow them access to the base. Shifting his posture back to a more “at-ready” one, he shook his head as he addressed the Imperial boarding party.

“I’m sorry, I do want you to believe you, but these documents are simply not sufficient. Perhaps your droid had some kind of memory problem or another. I’ll need for you to head back to the surface and get the proper authorization before I can let you in. If it helps, I can show you exactly what you need. I know, I know, bureaucracy, but it’s my career on the line…”

Kelbrac shrugged helplessly. There was not anything he could do, even if he escalated it to the base’s superiors. It was his career on the line and this was how they had designed the system to work. It was a soldier’s duty to follow orders, not to question them no matter how odd and ridiculous they were.

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Tella Voland Tella Voland SKR-13 SKR-13

Last edited:
There was that familiar itch in Tibera's trigger finger.

It would seem the current situation was a tinderbox, ready to go up at any minute. The only question was who would be the spark. Tibera scanned the room, counting up the guards. It would be the four of them versus four fish faced guards. How well did Tibera like those odds?

"So what? You're just going to just send us back? All over some force damned paperwork?! You've gotta be yanking my chain!"

There was no hiding the spike covered person's outrage at the situation. One of their metal covered hands pointed down towards the Mon Calimarian, as Tibera closed distance with him. There was nothing good going to come from this.

"You're starting to get on my last nerve with all of this. Authorization this and that, I don't have time for it! So let us do our inspection, or I'll make sure that your tailfin is first on the chopping block in our reports. Think the higher ups will be happy it was just one guard who held us up, possibly for weeks?"

When diplomacy failed, intimidation could sometimes bear fruit. Jessen could definitely be intimidating when needed. Besides, what was the worst they could do? Well, actually on second thought, best not to ask those kinds of questions...

SKR-13 SKR-13 Tella Voland Tella Voland Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom