OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create an armored transport for ZUBU to use ICly.
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A
Manufacturer: Ashhearth Industries
Affiliation: Zrimmir Universal Banking Union
Modularity: Yes- the type of turret
Material: quadanium steel, turadium, reflec, alusteel, faraday cage, vehicle parts, electronic components
Classification: Armored Transport
Role: Cargo Transport
Weight: Very Heavy
Minimum Crew: 3 (1 driver, 1 monitor, & 1 gunner)
Optimal Crew: 7 (1 driver, 1 monitor, 1 gunner, & 4 guards)
Armaments: High; 1 turret (dual laser cannon or dual ion cannon or grenade launcher)
Defenses: Very High; reinforced quadanium hull, faraday cage, molecular shield, coma gas canisters, reinforced wheels
Squadron Count: Low: 8
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: Very Large
- Defenses- The ASAT is a highly defensive armored transport. It has a reinforced quadanium steel hull and a molecular shield which allow it to take a beating and keep going. The top mounted turret and coma gas canisters on the sides means that there is no realistic way to truly flank it. The faraday cage also protects it from ion and emp attacks so that it can't be as easily shut down as other vehicles might. And then the turadium safe where all of the assets are stored means that it will take even lightsabers or plasma torches some time to create an opening big enough to get to the valuables inside.
- Security- The ASAT is an armored transport that comes with several security features. Between the macrolaser tracker, com-scan, and ground sweeper sensors, there is little to no good way to approach the transport without being detected. The best solution is to come down on it from the air, but even then the turret mounted on top of the transport can still fire upon you. The use of the reflec on the outside of the transport also works for security by making it difficult to scan. This allows the number of guards and the contents of the safe inside the transport to remain hidden.
- Heavy- The ASAT is a highly defensive and secure transport, but that is because it has to be. The use of reinforced quadanium and turadium in its design leaves it heavier than other transports even those of its size. It is unable to travel quickly or maneuver easily under any conditions. It takes it time to get anywhere, which gives thieves ample time to prepare an ambush once it is traveling. If it is ever boxed into a tight space as well then it is utterly trapped until someone clears a path either in front of it or behind it to use, which is to the advantage of thieves yet again.
- Subtlety- The ASAT is not a subtle vehicle. It is a large transport and more importantly is an armored transport. It is impossible to mistake it for anything other than a vehicle with something valuable inside of it on sight. This also means that while it is difficult to pick up by electronic means, it is easy to spot by using your eyes, cybernetic eyes, or binoculars from some distance away. The reflective nature of the reflec also adds onto this problem as it tends to make the vehicle rather shiny when in most levels of light.
- Crew Space- The ASAT comes with a lot of systems and features that make it great for transporting assets, but it comes with a cost. All of these things have reduced the amount of space available to the crew down to a rather limited area. It can not transport any passangers normally, unless you throw them into the turadium safe, and can only house a crew of up to 7. That is not a large number of people considering the size of the transport. If anything should happen to the turret, coma gas canisters, and shield then there is not many people left to defend the transport from what is sure to be a far larger group attacking them.
- Gaps- The ASAT has some gaps in its defenses that can be exploited. The first is that the molecular shield is only effect against energy based weaponry so slugs and physical arms only need to break the hull and not both. The other issue is the turret has a dead zone due to the size of the vehicle. For laser and ion cannons, this dead zone is a 1 meter radius around the vehicle while for the grenade launcher it is a 2 meter radius. While this is not normally an issue when being flanked, if the enemy can get into the dead zone or ambush from within it then the turret is useless to stop them. That will leave only the coma gas as a defense, but it does not effect those with specialized filters for the gas or inorganics such as droids and shards. If the gas fails, the defenders must get out of the vehicle to defend it which leaves them vulnerable. This is made all the worse by the limited crew capacity.
When Zrimmir Universal Banking Union came to Ashhearth Industries looking for a solution to their asset transport problem, they wanted to tell them no but quickly changed their mind. A design idea was already in mind for an armored transport for cargo on a military scale, but was dropped due to the expensive cost of building it. They made a few adjustments and had one better suited to the more limited numbers a bank would require and the needs they would likely have as well. And so the Asset Security Armored Transport was born.
The ASAT is designed in a simple but sturdy way. It uses an alusteel frame with a reinforced quadanium hull. The rest of the vehicle parts are placed between the frame and hull. The wheels were reinforced with quadanium as well as axle as well. The back is a turadium safe for all of the assets. A faraday cage was added to the inside portion of the hull to protect the electronics located there as well from ion and EMP attacks. A coat of reflec was added to the outside of the hull to block sensors. The last additions given to the transport were ones focused on defending itself. These included a molecular shield and coma gas canisters on the sides that could be activated to flood an area with the potent substance. A turret location was also added to the top of the vehicle that came standard with a dual laser cannon but could be switched out for a dual ion cannon or grenade launcher depending on the needs of the user.
The ASAT was also given a number of useful features to go along with its basic design. These included the macrolaser tracker, com-scan, and ground sweeper systems for security purposes. Each of these systems offers a different form of detection for potential raiders or thieves. The macrolaser tracker allows for it to monitor other vehicles around it to see if they are following it or trying to catch up to it. The com-scan allows for them to pick up hidden com signals in the area to search for possible chatter from hostiles after the transport's assets. And finally the ground sweeper allows it to track for any possible ambushes being set up on the ground around it. All of this comes together to provide the crew as much information to work with as possible while on the job.