Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As Time Goes On

How long had it been since he had spoken with anyone? Forget that, how long had it been since he had spoke a single word? His time in the Silent Desert had kept him quiet for quite some time now, and that is exactly what it was for, quiet. All sound was obsolete in the Silent Desert and it made for perfect meditation. In fact, Ben could not remember a time when he had been as focused and concentrated as he had been the entire time he had been in that desert. Maybe it was not the best time for him to go away, but in his eyes, it was worth it in the end.

His mind was clear and that was exactly what he needed in a time like this. The Sith threat was growing stronger and Ben felt it growing every day while he had been meditating. The Dark Side of the force was vast and it was getting bigger with every passing minute. If he was going to bring the Jedi back he had to believe, not only in the Jedi, but in himself. There were too many questions he had been asking himself while he was trying to recruit as many jedi as he could but now those were no more. He believed in what he was doing, where he was going, and how he was going to counter the looming Sith threat.

He left the Order in great hands with Tef. While strange sometimes, he was a good Jedi, and he could invoke followers. Hopefully the Order had shapened up and grown since he had left it, they were nowhere near where the needed to be, but he believed in Tef. As he walked through the Corridors of their makeshift Jedi Temple he could not help but smile. He felt back at home in the hallways of the Jedi and being around other like minded individuals. He searched for Tef's force signature and that was how he was going to find him.

Once he found the proper door, he made no hesitation, and he walked in like he had not left in the first place. "Miss me?" He smirked and he closed the door behind him and he stood in front of the door. Rumor had it he had taken the mantle of Jedi Grandmaster, and honestly, Ben preferred it that way. He had been his ideal choice in the first place so it was all working out. "I hear you are the newest Jedi Grandmaster? Congratulations, you wear the title well."

A warm smile greeted Ben.

"Tough times these are, my friend. Missed, you have been." Teferi edged towards the door, using his walking stick to lean on while he rubbed his leg... a vicious wound from a Sith Lord he had battled on Coruscant, barely over a week ago. "Threatening, the galaxy is. Consumed, it has been, by chaos."
Teferi looked up at his old friend with saddening eyes, a war-torn frown upon his face.

"Leave us, why did you?"

The Grandmaster of the Jedi Order looked... broken.

The smile that greeted him seemed somewhat... hollow. Tef's eyes did not gleam with the same excitement they usually did, and this bothered Ben, had him leaving put such a strain on him? Ben knew the feeling, though, it was exactly how he felt when he had left. None the less he did not expect many to understand why he left. Most lived in the now, they believed what they could see, and the were lead by example. Ben knew that the battles they faced could not be won on sheer willpower. They needed plans and they needed leadership, and if Ben planned to step up, he needed to have his head screwed on correctly.

"I have felt the chaos, believe me, but it seems you have lived it." He felt bad for leaving them all behind but he also felt justified in his actions. He needed it and he firmly believed that the Jedi did also. "I have been in the Silent Desert meditating. Though I have not been here physically, I have not left you, I can assure you of that. My reasons were not clear at first, but the force called me, and I have had some revelations. I have learned things about the force that I never believed possible and I know that it will be beneficial to us in time." He was not sure how well he would take it, or if he would even believe him, but he hoped he at least understood.

"I see you have been in battle." Ben said, pointing to his leg, which he was clearly limping on. "Am I to assume the Sith have shown their faces?"

"A resurgence of the dark side, there has been." Teferi nodded. Feelings of sorrow and desperation flooded the emanations of the Force from the old Jedi Master. As an equal in the practice of the Force, Ben would be able to feel this, and understand the pain. Teferi had nearly been killed on Coruscant, when General Dex of the Republic and Teferi of the Jedi Order were to sign a mutual alliance between the two factions and ultimately an annexation of the Jedi Order into the folds of the Republic. Two Sith Masters had appeared and nearly destroyed the aging Jedi.

"Need you now more than ever, I do, old friend." Teferi tapped his walking stick on the ground and looked Ben in the eye. "The Sith have resurfaced. War is coming."

Ben almost cringed when he felt the feelings that Tef was emitting. He knew he had felt something but he did not realize it was as bad as it was. The Sith were stronger than Ben could have imagined, well not really, but he did not expect them to grow so quickly. Had they really gathered this much strength already? While the Jedi were trying their hardest to just to surivive, the Sith seemed to be thriving, and this bugged Ben.

"I know my leaving was no good for our cause, but rest assured, I am not going anywhere. You know just how much the Jedi mean to me and you know I would not leave without reason." He gave a grim smile and he let the silence wash over them for a few moments. He did not particularly enjoy the feeling but he felt like he needed it. "What about the Republic? Did negotiations go well?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom