Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artifact Tag

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
If canon items are now being regulated through factory submissions why don't we make a specific tag for canon items? This would take out any need for lists as people could simply click and it would all be sorted in with the search function.

If such a tag were to be implemented, I think it would be best placed in the Private Section. Private section doesn't get enough rep and has too few tags compared to the open section.

I can't even remember the last time I role played in the private section.

Zambrano the Hutt said:
If such a tag were to be implemented, I think it would be best placed in the Private Section. Private section doesn't get enough rep and has too few tags compared to the open section.

I can't even remember the last time I role played in the private section.

Romeo Sin said:
I think this is a pretty awesome idea.

Artifact Prefixes would be awesome as treasure hunting is indeed a major thing here.
It would be a prefix for the submissions post-approval, not for the threads.

Well, I know for a fact in Codex they have an assortment of approval prefixes for approved species, so you know exactly what they are.

Having a 'Canon' prefix for any canon items (starships, artifacts, weapons, companies etc.) could be useful for categorization.

This could get confusing, however, as not only are Canon items required to be submitted, but a good majority of CHAOS canon items are also submitted.

A differentiation could be made between the two with separate tags: CANON Artifact vs CHAOS Artifact

Xelor Brandt said:
If canon items are now being regulated through factory submissions why don't we make a specific tag for canon items? This would take out any need for lists as people could simply click and it would all be sorted in with the search function.
Also, the list is required and will continued to be used in order to enforce the maximums set by Staff. In theory, however, an Artifact tag might be nice for searching/sorting approved tech.

A prefix to sort them out from normal items (i.e; a [CANON] prefix) would be fine, so long as it would happen soon. On the other hand, we can just require a Canon tag being placed on submissions and have the same impact.

Lorelei Darke said:
Also, the list is required and will continued to be used in order to enforce the maximums set by Staff. In theory, however, an Artifact tag might be nice for searching/sorting approved tech.
There are no current plans to implement this, as the official canon list is the way it is currently regulated and canon artifacts are not submitted to the Factory. And I don't see that list going away any time soon, which makes this method sort of a redundancy.

However, what do you think, Factory Admin? It's your call.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

It's a great idea in theory, but many times before we've tried to use prefix tags and they either never get used or they don't get used to look things up. The list cuts down the search time and makes it easier for people to just alt+f and type the name in, instead of clicking the artifact tag, searching within the site etc.

It's a cool idea, but it is redundant. The list has proven itself to be the most useful and effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom