Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arms Dealing Everywhere

SOMEWHERE ON
ONDERON

A meeting had been arranged between [member="Kellyn Muir"] and Vitor Avendahl on the prospect of supplying the former with arms. Avendahl had to take off all the way from First Order territory to end up on Onderon, more or less evading Alliance space lanes due to their heavy inspection and delays on ships arriving from the Order's territories.

It was a long trip and he was glad it was finally over.

Not that he was complaining, though. Business was its best right now. The Sith acolyte was climbing new heights after sealing a deal with one of the most non-outsourcing organizations out there - the First Order. He was playing ball in their court now. Much connections and networking was to be done but only after a deal was made today with Aeres Inc.

"You've got ever-" Vitor began but was interrupted.

"I've got everything prepared. Stop asking me this every time we are going into a meeting. I keep feeling like a rookie and it's annoying me." June Ando, his Pantoran aide, spat out and threw the Sith back.

"Wow, okay. Sorry. Is it time ?"

"We are five minutes early, should be called any minute now. I assume so, at least."

Executive Office Suite
Aeres, Inc.
Fort Temsur, Onderon

Things had been going underway for a fair while. After the dissolution of the Aegis Initiative, he had been left with a void in himself that needed filling. That inner chasm was filled with the founding of Aeres, which Kellyn thought to be the premier up and comping private security firm. In order to dedicate such time and manpower to their causes, they would have to turn away from other aspects of a self-sufficient company, at least in the beginning phases. Weapons would be critical for the expansion and recognition of Aeres, and his first inquiry would be with Vitor Avendahl, a representative from the weapons manufacturer Corondex Arms.

Nodding to his assistant, he signaled that he was ready to begin the meeting. The woman in Aeres professional attire stepped out of his suite and called for the waiting party. Rising from his seat behind his desk, he turned to face out the window behind him before the Corondex men entered. Though the landscape was still riddled with construction, upon completion, the view would rival that of even penthouses in Coruscant.

After they entered, he turned and greeted the two with a curt smile. "Welcome to Fort Temsur.", he said, offering an outstretched hand.

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

FORT TEMSUR
ONDERON

The duo from Corodex stood up from their seats and headed to the director's office after his assistant had called them in. A man (with no character bio) stood looking through large windows upon the vista that spread out on the surface of Onderon. New constructions had commenced around the building, most likely facilities to serve the needs of Aeres.

Nothing better than dealing with a company that was surfing on some sweet growth.

"Thank you." Vitor said for both of the Corondex representatives as he approached the man and shook his hand. "Vitor Avendahl. And this is my aide - June Ando. Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Muir."

"I see that Onderon is changing and we both may see benefit out of it." Avendahl pressed on directly to business while June mentally rolled her eyes at his lack of ability to engage in some small talk. "How are ends meeting with the recent rumors of Mandalorian incursion on Dxun ?"

He had learned from his master Lord Fa and his associate from the Sith Maleagant about the importance of information. Vitor felt as if he would benefit from digging something more than just rumors for the benefit of the GenoHaradan.

[member="Kellyn Muir"]​

The pair representing Corondex Arms entered, the male lurched forward to meet his hand with Kellyn's, promptly acquainting the host with his guests. After the brief pleasantries were dispensed of, Avendahl, the business executive, commented on the development that Aeres was making on Onderon. Fort Temsur was an testament to only a fraction of what Aeres could achieve. Partnered with Corondex, the possibilities would expand more than a Tatooine horizon.

Then, an unexpected question was asked of Kellyn. "How are ends meeting with the recent rumors of Mandalorian incursion on Dxun?"

A group of Mandalorians had been assembling and concentrating on the moon of Dxun. Normally this wouldn't have raised any red flags for Kellyn as the Mandalorians have always had a tendency to amass in various locations. However, given the close proximity to Onderon, he could understand any concern. That was partly the reason Fort Temsur was seeing an expedited construction - to defend against any Mandalorians that would seek to impose their will on the system. Though a very diplomatic person, Kellyn held a great many reservations as to how any diplomacy might be achieved with a warmongering collective.

"Well enough, I assure you. The Mandalorians have not yet been alerted to our presence. We've dispatched sentries to monitor Onderon's orbit to notify us of any intruders.", Kellyn said with a confident grin. "Corondex would be a valuable asset to our fighting force in repelling any threat on Onderon and augment our missions abroad."

It was a peculiar question to ask, and Kellyn was curious as to why. "Is their presence a concern for you, Vitor?"

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]​

"I am an arms dealer. I have to know where markets are growing or where they are on the decline. Just business, I am sure you understand." Vitor explained nonchalantly.

He adjusted his shirt's sleeves while June began looking up the various products that Corondex currently produced. It was most likely that Kellyn had researched them thoroughly. What Vitor was not sure was whether the businessman facing him wanted to be supplied with what was currently part of their production lines or he had a special, custom order that obviously costed more.

"It'd be foolish not to assume that you have seen our portfolio. Nonetheless, if it is not a custom order you are looking for, Mr. Muir, then we can certainly demonstrate you what we have in stock. You may find items capable of arming units to combat any Mandalorian threats."

"Speaking of which, if I may ask, how does your research on them go ? Does it forebode an imminent clash ?"

Standard procedure.

[member="Kellyn Muir"]​

Vitor's casual manner of speaking almost justified the questions being asked. While curiosity was understood, Kellyn couldn't help but feel the questions presented were prying at a more underlying cause. It wasn't his business to know, much less to sour the negotiations before they even began, but the thought did occur to him as he stashed it in the back of his mind.

The Corondex executive then inquired as to what Aeres might need. Truthfully, Kellyn didn't know at the time, but he didn't let it show.

"It's a little early for custom.", Kellyn said. "I've skimmed over your products, but I'd like your input on what products you think might augment our mission best. Universally."

He did note the other prying questions, however he chose to ignore them. He hoped his selective hearing would be seen as rude, but almost rather as a subtle way of indicating he wasn't at liberty to discuss Aeres' operations at that moment in time.

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom