Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armor All

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
It was a week later, and work had begun on the first official RCFC factory. What had started life as a warehouse on the outskirts of Breehara was now well on its way to being a small but efficient factory. Since it was Republic funds that were paying for the thing, and they were after armor, Rusty reckoned it would probably be a good idea to tool the thing up to produce armor.

Though the initial funds had been deposited, the final deals of the contract had yet to be sorted out. It was for that reason that Rusty was expecting a visit from [member="Krenis Skirata"] this morning. He was supposed to stop by with the finalized contract, that way they could officially start production.

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Rusty"]

Krenis strode into the new factory, contract and funds loaded on a datapad. He paused to look over the new facility. All seemed to be in order here and while it was certainly small, and he was no expert, it seemed to be laid out very well and would do some excellent work by the looks of it. He smiled. Ah, things were happening now and the Sith wouldn't know what would hit them. By then, the ARCs would be gone, leaving nothing but an Imperial defeat. Excellent.

He looked around the building, trying to spot the familiar figure in this new building. "Hello?" He called out. "I'm back!" In other situations, he would just go looking, but this was not a battlefield and he couldn't go about like it was. Manners were important when negotiating contract details or anything else. It made sure everyone was on their best behavior.

Rusty

The Shard was in the small office in the back. He saw [member="Krenis Skirata"] wandering around and figured it would probably be a good idea to greet him before one of the construction droids decided he was a piece of machinery. The [bleep] things were kinda sketchy when it came to stuff like that. For some reason or another, he had walked in to find a vagrant in the process of being installed as part of a ventilation shaft. Exactly how it happened was anyone's guess, but the poor fellow hadn't been happy about it.

"Howdy," Rusty say as he walked over. "Everything good to go on your end?"

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Rusty"]

Krenis nodded as Rusty came over, and held up the datapad. "Everything's good. Got everything here." He eyed the factory again. "Good facilities you have here now. Things progressing well?" He moved aside as a construction droid rolled past, carrying some parts that he wasn't entirely sure were construction parts. But it wasn't his factory. Nor were they his droids. Maybe they needed some adjustments in their programming. Or perhaps they were like that for their unique inventiveness. He didn't really know, and honestly, it wasn't quite his concern, although it had almost seemed like the droid had given him a sketchy look.

Well, everything had their issues to get worked out at the beginning.

Rusty

"It's going about as well as you could expect," Rusty said as he led the commando back to his office. "The droids were a steal, almost literally. Local construction company had a batch of the things suddenly gain sentience and go nuts. The foreman said I could have them if I could get rid of the [bleep] things before they had a chance to do too much damage. I think I've got them mostly under control, but..."

He trailed off.

"Anyway, everything is proceeding according to schedule. The droids are requesting pay in the form of kittens, and while I haven't the faintest idea what they do with them, so long as I keep 'em coming they keep working. Once everything gets built, I promised they could retire to a little quarry outside of town."

[member="Krenis Skirata"]

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Rusty"]
Sorry for taking so long! Things got really crazy and are finally settling down.

Krenis raised an eyebrow at the comments. Droids suddenly gaining sentience and running amok? The thought was terrifying. Droids controlled by sentient beings had wreaked all sorts of destruction and terror on worlds around the galaxy in his day. But if Rusty said he had them under control, Krenis was willing, albeit grudginly, to trust him. Kittens of all things as well? This was beyond bizarre, but he would work with it.

"Well," Krenis said slowly, scratching his head. "If that works for all parties, I will support it. And a quiet retirement for them sounds..." He pursed his lips to consider. "Beneficial for all parties."

He held out the datapad with the details and transaction.

"What else do you need?"

Rusty

The Shard looked over the contract. Everything seemed to be in order, so he scrawled his signature on the datapad and attached his personal dataprint. That made it legally binding.

"As soon as the funds are transferred, we'll get materials rolling in and run off a test batch. Once we've QC'd the first batch and made any necessary adjustments, we'll be able to ramp up production. First lot numbers to be delivered by the end of the month. Sound good?"

That was, of course, assuming there weren't any issues. That was a big freaking assumption, but hey, that's why they paid Rusty the big bucks.

[member="Krenis Skirata"]

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Rusty"]

Krenis waited as Rusty signed off on everything and then affixed his own signature and print. Not that he was the entity with the contract, as that was specifically, the Grand Army of the Republic, but he was executor of the contract, making him responsible for it all. Better safe than sorry in this case and he would take care of whatever happened.

It also signaled to transfer the funds. His executive officer was waiting on Chazwa for confirmation to come through and then to automatically transfer the funds. With his print down, he sent the message beaming across the galaxy and then another message was transferred to the account.

Within moments, a notification would pop up, noting that the funds had been transferred. Transaction complete. He smiled. Efficiency and speed. How things were meant to be done. That was the benefit of wrangling himself an independent program, relatively free of bureaucracy and departments. He'd streamlined and decentralized much of it.

"That sounds good and ready to proceed when you are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom