Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Arm of Kal'Vyshde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaji het Kal'Vyshde - "Arm of Kal'Vyshde"
17767d47006373c463c89df735f36e97.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: A prosthetic arm for Darth Lykos while finding a way for him to use Sith Runes in combat.
Image Source: https://www.buyourobot.com/downloads/artificial-arm-ii/ (Created By: Vladyslav Ociacia)
Development Thread: If needed.
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/76577-xavkas-cybernetic-arm/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Darth Lykos.
Model: N/A.
Affiliation: Personal.
Modularity: No.
Production: Unique.
Material: Phrik, Blood.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Hidden Blade
  • Runic Array Creation
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Hidden Blade: Contained within the forearm of the arm is a concealed Phrik blade that can be triggered to emerge upon compression of a panel on the heel of the palm. For the sake of not damaging the arm, the blade will only emerge when a panel at the heal of the palm is compressed and so long as the hand is not bent backwards or otherwise in the way of the blade.
  • Runic Array Creation: With the purpose of utilising Sith Runes in combat, Lykos has engraved Runes into the palm of the hand. As such, they can be used to create short-lasting (partially unstable due to the lack of blood used in their formation) Runic Arrays.

STRENGTHS:
-Resistant to Lightsabers and Blaster Fire.
-Contains a hidden blade that, unless someone had seen being used before, is concealed in such a way that it is not obvious.
-Able to use the Runes on the Palm to create short-lasting Runic Array Clusters for the purpose of using Sith Runes in combat.
WEAKNESSES:
-The arm (and blade) can be weakened, or function at less than peak efficiency, if not properly cared for. Rust, for example, would greatly hinder all of the mechanisms.
-To ensure full mobility, the arm is not one solid piece of metal, as such, their are weaknesses in the design at the joints. Especially as the Phrik is only applied to the outer layer and if someone had a small enough weapon and was able to aim into those gaps, then they might well be able to damage the inner workings of the arm.
-The arm can be largely neutralized if an EMP is used near by.

DESCRIPTION:
Years prior, Darth Lykos lost his arm and, as such, quickly sought to replace it with a cybernetic replacement. Over the years the design of the arm has changed as it took on damages. However, tired with having to replace his arm, Lykos designed and forged a new one comprised out of Durasteel with Phrik plating; granting the arm a higher durability than his former alchemised-durasteel one did while still maintaining the resistance to lightsabers and blaster fire. Much like Lykos' original cybernetic arm, this one has a blade concealed within the forearm that, when activated, can extend past the end of that hand when the fingers are fully extended.

A new addition to the design of the arm are the Runes engraved upon the palm of the hand. Ziggra'nar - which holds the purpose of "Modify Physical Form". Pac'mor'ah - which holds the purpose of "To Define A Target". Telamath - which holds the purpose of "To Create". And Korribunious - which holds the purpose of "To Power and Stabalise". The runes were painstakingly carved into the palm over the period of weeks, slowly chipping away at the Phrik. When the runes themselves were carved, Lykos used his own blood to power them, making them linger beyond the time they normally would. Working together, the 4 Runes will allow Lykos to Create a Rune by Modifying the form of the material beneath his hand, the Rune being Defined by his mind and be formed already Powered and able to be activated for a short while before the energies would fade away, the effect being achieved by the same Rune (Korribunious) that would power the cluster on the hand. As stated, any Rune Cluster that is formed this way will collapse after ten seconds, not being designed to be long lasting, taking any effect they may be having with them.

When the arm was complete, rather than simply regarding it as a cybernetic arm, Lykos chose to name his creation, carving the words "Kaji het Kal'Vyshde" along the 'bicep' of the arm. The words are Ul'Zabrak, Lykos' natural language, and, when translated mean "Arm of Kal'Vyshde". Kal'Vyshde being a ceremonial dance of the Nomadic Iridonian Tribes that was considered a War Dance. Although Lykos tends to refer to the arm as simply "Kaji".

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Hey there, nice submission and very interesting concept. But I am gonna have to ask you to please full in the template as it is written down here.

You are missing a couple of fields right now and it will be easier to judge that way.

Tag me one you are done!

[member="Tai Fa"]

I've done as you've asked and made the required edits. I had written this up a little while ago, back when the template was different, and had only just found this when going through old documents on my laptop, sorry about that. Anyway, I do hope that this is now up to standard.

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Looks much better, thanks! But as far as I am seeing right now, it's simply a cybernetic arm that basically makes it easier to use runes in a combat environment, it doesn't actually give any powers itself, does it?

[member="Darth Lykos"]

No need to apologize, I am here to help you. I read your submission and as far as I am reading this arm does not give any effects to its wearer itself.

It only makes it easier to create runes on the fly, but that is it. Correct?

Essentially, yeah. It has no effect on Lykos, really and just allows him to 'sketch' short term Runic Arrays by effecting the material in front of the Runes on the palm (so, beneath the palm, really). Does that make sense?

[member="Tai Fa"]

[member="Darth Lykos"]

Totally. I like the submission and at the end of the day, the wearer of the arm - in this instance Lykos - still needs to be proficient in runes and of the appropriate force level to execute them.

All this does is make it easier to do what he already knows.

I don't see an issue with this. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom