Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arkuhn Charity Raffle

More and more was pointing at Five-Oh being one of those artificial intelligences, or at least close to it. The latest pointer was the most innocuous thing, the relaxing of the 'shoulders'. Something Audren would have expected to see from any humanoid, and something that would never have caught his eye. It was decidedly odd on a droid though. Whoever the droid's programmer, they'd done a good job with the social skills section.

For a moment, the Sephi worried that the droid was actually going to try talking about marriage or relationships. Specifically, the droid's attempts at them. Conversations of the sort with normal, living beings could be awkward enough; he could only imagine how badly that sort of conversation would go with a droid. And not a therapy droid to boot. Thankfully that didn't happen. Instead, the droid brought the conversation back to the Knight, inquiring as to how often he attended charity events. Another conundrum: he'd not lie about it, but admitting that this was his first charity auction could be seen in a negative light. Or a positive one, but it all depended on the outlook of those listening, and he didn't know Lersen or Ventik well at all. Perception could be reality at this level.

"I have a tendency to find myself in a myriad of situations. Some like this, others drastically different."

Not a lie, the complete truth. But not a direct answer. Any comment that the two other businessmen might have brought up was swept over by the announcement of the raffle beginning. The theatrics were there, flashing lights and a wheel that clicked and clanked as it spun - a simple enough matter to muffle, but the effect it had on the other attendees was evident. The prize sounded less than substantial, 5% real estate ownership was nice but not much to write home about. Except the ownership was of Cloud Nine property. A luxury property. Even 5% was well beyond anything he could afford. One day, hopefully. The Sephi joined the polite applause for the winner, a woman who's face he might have seen before but that he didn't remember ever meeting. There were a lot of those here.

[member=50H31]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay bowed her head as [member="Valashu Elahad"] apologized, offering up a polite smile. "Well a friend and ally of Gray's is a friend and ally of mine. Loyalty is a rare but good trait to have. Pleasure to meet you. I am Kay, former Senator of Commenor, and currently the CEO of Covetous Enterprises."

Though for how long she was to hold that position remained to be seen. Commenor was soon to hold an election for new leadership and she was starting to get pressured into entering the race.

Kay watched Valashu's reaction to see if anything that she had said had jarred his memories as to where he might have seen her before. More than likely it was on the holonews or something.

"Do you attend a lot of charity events?"

[member="Gray Raxis"]

50H31

Seeker of Enlightenment
[member="Audren Sykes"]

His conversation partners were proving to be clever, if a bit strange. And evasive too. Situations similar on the battled field meant No idea, but not admitting to it. But hey, who was he to bother a man's pride? He simply nodded politely. "I'm afraid this is my first time in such regal company. It's interesting to say the least," he said with a relaxed pace as the announcement was made. He held up his ticket as the announcement was made.

"Well, Miss Choi is quite lucky. That kind of real estate will certainly come in handy," he said with a nod. "Although, I honestly don't know what I'd do with something like that. Maybe send some of the temple staff here to start a small office for donations and distribution? Hmmm...." he looked towards Audren, almost sounding apologetic. "Sorry, I let my thoughts get away from me. I can be a bit.... distractible at times," he said with a chuckle.

Frankly, he was uncertain what, if any of the prizes would do for him. Still, he'd think of something. Adapt or die. It was a hell of a strategy, but it had served him well in the Techno Union, in the Primeval, and it seemed to apply well to his monkly duties. Or was it monkish duties? And as for politics, it was almost as challenging as battlefield tactics. Still, it was necessary to keep an active observation of all the variable. He nodded politely. "Still, I must admit, it's been quite pleasant to come here. There's something reassuring in watching people get together for a good cause."

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[Sorry for the delay peeps, distracted with other projects so we've decided to just hand out the prizes in one go]

The night kept on going, and so did the raffle. Alric wasn't exactly the best auctioneer, though he'd seen plenty of them perform. It took a special kind of person to actually be able to do it properly, especially since things...well got complicated the more people were interested in any particular item. He could have sworn that once or twice throughout the night he heard someone curse when they won something, though why that was...he wasn't exactly sure.

Probably because they'd wanted something else. "Remember ladies and gentlemen! The drinks are on me!"

It was an open bar tonight of course, and the hopes was to get everyone drunk enough that they opened their wallets and donated even more money by the time they left. It was an age old trick really, gather the aristocracy in one place, get them to give a little money, get them drunk, then get them talking about how much more money they could give. Turn the whole thing into a competition, and from there everything would turn out swell.

For rich and poor alike.

This was all for a good cause after all.

VT-Nephilim Class Corvete - [member="Audren Sykes"]: A33
VT-Disruptor Lens - @50H31: A07
AT-360 Light Freighter - [member="Dunames Lopez"]: A76
Animus Class Assault Courier - [member="Makai Dashiell"]: A34
Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank - Donated by Ringovinda StarYards - [member="Alize Rosenheim"]: A11!
Advanced HUD Display Tracker - Donated by Salacia Consolidated - [member="Gray Raxis"]: A45!
A bag of Hurrikane Crystals - Donated by Saran Drast - [member="Lady Kay"]: A23!
A fully customized-commissioned droid - Donated by Kaili Talith - [member="Valashu Elahad"]: A12

Gray got quiet and stood back as the charity raffle winners were named off. His number was called for winning one of them, which got a bit of a smile out of him. He wasn't here to win anything after all, but it was nice that he did. He clapped for all of the winners and made a whistling sound as his friend [member="Lady Kay"] won the bag of crystals. He thought the event had gone well enough, even if it seemed to be more of a gathering for business and politics than anything else still. No helping that though, because he would have to take part in both eventually.

Gray wasn't sure where to go to get his item from, or if he would need to register a place for it to be sent. Either way, it was all the same in the end. What was more important was that their host had given the crowd a reason to go after more of the quality drinks being offered. He wasn't sure how much was being raised from this event or how much was being spent on it. It still felt like a bit of a waste even if he was enjoying himself. It wasn't hard to imagine more credits were sent hosting than being raised. Course the bill wasn't going to the charity more than likely but to the hosts of the event itself. And everyone knew they could afford it.

Gray turned to Kay and his friend [member="Valashu Elahad"] and said, " Congratulations to the both of you and to me too. Lets go claim our prizes and then go enjoy some more free drinks!" He grinned as he raised his empty glass in the air to them. He wasn't sure how they were enjoying things or what they thought, but he was glad they were here. He didn't think he would have anyone he knew attend it, so it was for the best that someone did. After all knowing him, he likely would have innocently hit on the hostess by accident and caused a scene. Too bad that didn't happen though for the entertainment of the crowd.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was surprised at what she had won. Hurrikane crystals were rare, at least from her understanding. She would need to keep them in a safe place. She looked to [member="Gray Raxis"] as he spoke. "Yes, more tea for me. And congrats to the both of you, of course. I hope that enough money was raised already to make this all worth while."

She followed Gray to the bar, figuring that [member="Valashu Elahad"] would accompany them as well. "I can count on the two of you to protect me from thieves on the way home, right?" It wasn't as though a bag of crystals was so easy to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom