OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create Aaran Tafo 's personal weapon as a symbol of personal growth.
- Image Source: Literally a Sword Selling website. Thanks Pinterest.
- Canon Link: Force-Imbued Blade
- Permissions: None
- Primary Source: Durindfire Crystal Force-Imbued Blade
- Manufacturer: Aaran Tafo
- Affiliation: Aaran Tafo
- Market Status: Closed-Market
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: No
- Material: Durasteel, Kyber Crysal
- Classification: Sword
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
- Force-Imbued Weapon
- Molecularly-Altered Lattice
- Durindfire Crystal Imbued Blade.
- Glows with a silver light when in use. The intensity of light is dependant on the will of the sword's bearer
- As with all Force Imbued Blades, it is highly resistant to mundane damage. Capable of cutting through most materials. As well as being capable of destroying Force Spirits.
- As a manifestation of Aaran's drive to excel and improve over emotions such as Serenity or Hate. The blade embodies neither Light nor Dark. Giving it no special advantages or weaknesses over the other.
- It is an excellent foci for the Force. Allowing all manner of powers to be focused through the sword itself. It is highly conductive to various forms of energy and excellent at channelling them.
- As Aaran's own spiritual being was poured into the blade during its forging. It is connected to him on a metaphysical level. Sensing it through the Force is a simple matter for him. And with enough focus, he has an uncanny ability to call the blade to him through the Fold Space technique with far greater ease than there would be for other objects.
- As Aaran's own spiritual being was deeply involved in the forging process. The blade has a personal connection to him. If anyone were to get their hands on and contain the sword. They would have a powerful sympathetic link to him. Able to use it to either track him. Or work powerful magic on him as if he were standing right in front of them.
- While highly resistant to mundane harm. The blade is vulnerable to being damaged or breaking through enough use of Force-based Destructive techniques.
- While capable of blocking blaster bolts and energy based weapons. The blade is unable to deflect or redirect the blasts with any accuracy.
- Another drawback of its sypathetic connection to Aaran is that if the blade is ever badly damaged. It can end up causing him severe physical pain and mental distress.
- While a lightsaber requires little physical effort to cut through objects. Arete requires effort to cut through various materials. The amount of effort depending on their composition.
Arete. Meaning excellence. Or in some cases, Moral Virtue. this notion of excellence was ultimately bound up with the notion of the fulfillment of purpose or function: the act of living up to one's full potential. It is with this ideal in mind that Aaran forged this blade. His intent upon returning was to rely on his own fists. The extra effort needed to harm people with one's own bare hands reminding him of the weight of every life whenever he joined combat. Reminding him that he should always struggle when taking a life.
A lofty ideal. Some might even call it noble. But in a galaxyfilled with chaos. One still needs a weapon. One still needs an edge. And in the end, whether a sword is a tool to protect the weak or an instrument of bloody murder depended on who was holding it at the time. And until Aaran could make peace with that fact himself. He would never fulfil his full potential. The sword was a reminder of that promise. To never stop striving to be better than the person he was yesterday. To remember that the weight of each individual life was greater than the stars themselves and should never be taken lightly.
It was with this thought in mind that Aaran seculded himself. Through nothing but his own hands and the use of the Force. He beat the metal into shape. Forged it into a blade of his own will made manifest. A shining example of the man's resolve. And a blade on which he will swear his ideals.