Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you truly lost among the stars?

Once more into the black of space Faith asked Captain Lindsey to go. She and the Captain had much to catch up on she had not seen him since they reassigned him months ago. He seemed well as he spoke to her of his family and the things they were having to endure.

Faith nodded understanding, he understood he need to come to this flight path one more time. "So you really haven't given up hope have you?"

Faith shook her head no, "I can't help but feel it that I would know if they were dead, that something in me would feel broken, sad, more than I do. What I feel now is a longing, missing them, not that I won't see them again" She shrugged her shoulders, she had tried to explain it to her mother but the look she got was one of let it go.

If Theo were around he would understand it. Where was her brother? So much of the family scattered to the ends of the galaxy. Was that the fate of the Organa family to always be scattered, to know but not know the fate of one another.

She looked out to the black, "I keep thinking a piece of a ship, a beacon that we missed before" she half smiled, "You know just something will be here that says, look here...you missed this"

Faith sat back sinking into the chair.

Listening and wishing.

[member="Dar'yaim Balor"]

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Intuition was correct. Was it the Force subtly hint? There, out there in the outer rim. A system wild and unsettled by galactic civilized standards. A beacon floated in the blackness of space near debris of a broken transport. Was her husband and son within this system?

Captain Lindsey always scanned for debrie finding anything that might be left would be near impossible in the vastness of space. But to keep the Princess happy he would scan it a million more times but he was beginning to align with the Queen that it was unhealthy for her to keep hoping, the long years alone had taken a toll on her. It showed in her face, and in her mannerisms.

She was not the happy go lucky woman she was but would having the answers fix that? Not likely, most likely it would make it all worse.

Faith stood at his shoulder, "is there anything even just some shard"

A low level noise began to vibrate against the hull of the ship, "Hmm" the Captain said as he adjusted their heading, but still he mentioned nothing he wanted to be sure.

The broken Coreillian Corvette hang there. Dead and dormant, or the appearance there of. Blast scorch marks littered its hull. Large chunks of armor was missing exposing some of the innards of the ship. Upon the ship side. The painted letters that designated what the ship was called was illegible. Between the battle that had battered this ship and the time it had hung here in space took its toll on the paint. The ship did match the description of the transport Dar and Bud left on. Was this their ship?

Captain LIndsey guided the Eternal Light towards the beacon he still had not yet informed the Princess of what he had found. Moving slowly he was finally close enough to put some light onto the bulkhead of the ship.

Faith gasped as she stood there, "is that?"

"Princess" Faith nodded, ok ok she thought don't get hysterical now. She could already feel her heart thundering and emotions bubbled inside, calm keep calm she repeated. "The markings match the ship. But..."

As the Light slowly moved around the Corvette they could see that the escape pods were all gone. Faith's heart sunk, "we should check just to be sure"

The twisted piece of metal sat there lifeless. It was a cold graveyard. Was there any bodies on board? Chunks of small metal and other debris still floated in space around the derelict ship. It would make it a little bit of trouble if someone tried to navigate through it to get to the ship.

Though off in the back ground. There was a couple of planets the escape pods could have landed on. One with a whit-ish blue tint in color. The other dark with bright red flickers of light. The first one could guess the planet was as cold as Hoth. The other must be a volcanic planet like Mustafar. Both life could survive there but it would be a harsh life to live.

"how did we miss this all the other times?" Faith asked her heart sinking.

Captain Lindsey shook his head, "Because it may have drifted here, might have been too far off the space lanes before" He wanted to try and give her some feasible reason, to prevent her from blaming herself.

"But the beacon" Wouldn't they have heard the beacon. Her brow furrowed, "I what if"

"Princess don't, there's no life on the ship but we can look on the planets" Faith's gaze was on the ship, she swallowed hard feeling the angst of it all in her, "ok" she whispered, "whichever is closer, that is where we will start"

Start.

She closed her eyes.

The first planet. Full of mountainous terrain, volcanoes, and lakes of lava. It would be hard to fathom life could live here. The type of life that needed to breathe oxygen. However the planet did have a breathable atmosphere. That would mean there had to be water somewhere on the planet. Where there was water there is life.

As the Eternal light got closer to the planet Faith could see all the volcanic activity.

"Oh my" She said looking, "how hot is it?" Could her family have landed here and survived?

"Captain Lindsey, take us away from the Lava fields if there's breathable air, there's got to be something here that produced it" Faith still imagined the firey death that they could have faced on this planet and inside herself worry, and concern gnawed at her.
[member="Dar'yaim Balor"]​

There was no visible planet life. Though there had been records of subterranean flora on some planets that produced oxygen. Though the scanners were not picking up any beacons from escape pods on this planet. It was possible that any pods that fell here…fell into the lakes of lava.

As the ship moved away from the heat in the distance another disturbance began Faith's mouth opened, as she watched, "What is that?" Captain Lindsey began moving the ship, "its a storm headed this way we need to land and secure the ship, I'll never outrun it."The storm was moving quickly.

8bede6774a9227143dba65f2900f762c.jpg

"I did not know lightening could mix with lava like that"

Captain Lindsey worked quickly, a lightening strike could put them on the ground for a long time. He quickly sent the coordinates out just in case. The cool flats just off the lava fields looked safe, he hoped it was.

He got the ship down, and quickly closed all the vents, "buckle up princess" The roar of the storm had arrived.

The plume of the thick sulfuric clouds choked the sky. Rolls of thunder and arches of lighting. The power of the eruption flung bolder sized rocks into the air…some coming dangerously close to the Eternal Light. From the view of the Eternal Light a river of lava could be seen pouring forth from the mouth of the volcano. There was no signs though of any crashed pods here. Nor was there any signs of intelligent life.

"OH MY GOD" The ship rocked. They had to keep the filters and dampeners closed otherwise the engines would be choked with ash. Faith gripped the chair she found to sit in, "Ok..can anyone live through this?"

Captain Lindsey, "Yes, but not for long, not....8 years Princess. I don't think they are here"

Faith shook her head, "I need to sure" When the storm passed then they'd be able to look more until then they had to sit and endure the heaving of the earth, and the rivers of lava that curved around them.

The planet was very hostile. It was hard to believe Dar and Bud could be living on this planet. There was much ground to search and currently the skies above this planet is not safe to fly in…with this storm anyways. There was another planet they could look at that was very close.

How long did they sit there on the ground, it felt like hours, long hours. And then once the storm passed they had to clean the ship to make sure no ash would come up into the vents. It was hard work, and dirty work by time Captain Lindsay and Faith were done they were both covered in soot.

"You know after all this, I don't think they'd survive here. This is..unbreathable, and even though there is air, those storms they'd take whatever air there was." It was a hard thing to admit, even harder to say, "maybe we should look at the other planet. If we don't find anything we'll get some help from others to survey and look" Yes she wiped her hand across her face.

Everyone thinks being a Princess is easy, they have no idea.

There was the caves here. Maybe they could protect any life from the ash clouds? There was that possibly. The truth is they did not know where to start looking here. There was no pods or beacons to give them of an area to start looking.

Maybe if they went to the other planet they might pick up the distress beacons of escape pods.

"There could be caves, but they'd have to run deep underground and be near ground water. And they would of had to find them before the storms, and before the elements got them. Then there is the matter of food, while they would have the emergency kits from the escape pods after a while that would run out. They'd need a food source"

Faith nodded agreement, "Well maybe we can just take a few passes over the planet and see if we pick up anything" She had to be hopeful, she wanted to be hopeful, if they could find the ship after 8 years certainly they could find other things..right?

Captain Lindsey nodded, "if that is what you wish princess"

"It is what I wish"

Within moments they were in the air and working a search pattern for life signs.

So far nothing. They had passed several large caves. There was no telling how far they went into the earth. One thing is curtain. It could take days just looking into one cave.

Faith knew it would take more than one ship and two sets of eyes. "Let's try the other planet, if we don't see anything we'll send word to Alderaan and ask for search parties. I'll even ask the Mand'alor if he will send some."

Faith sat there covered in ash gray, unsure, and now headed towards another planet. She hung onto hope but it was a great vastness to search. She had to accept reality of their limitations.

Captain Lindsey nodded, "Yes Princess even if we have to call for help don't lose your hope that they could be found even now"

Faith looked at him, "I'm trying"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom