Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

atrisia+02.png
THE PLANET
S H R I - T A L
THE TEMPLE OF THE DAI LI

They were losing the daylight.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to have remained in orbit until this side of Shri-Tal was again facing its sun, except that the Jedi had been dispatched with all due haste. So waiting for the sun rise seemed time wasted, aside from there being nothing to fear in the darkness.

...or was there?

Forty-eight hours earlier, concerned with the lack of communication with the orphanage maintained by the mysterious order known as the Dai Li, the Shri-Tal government had dispatched a social worker to check on the orphans and caretakers.

Twelve hours later, thirty-six hours ago, the Bureau of Child and Family Services had filed a missing persons report for Chi Uchida, the social worker who'd been sent to the Temple of the Dai Li. A local police precinct from the nearest metropolitan city responded, sending a unit out to the orphanage. The report filed by the officers indicated that the temple and orphanage were both vacant, seemingly abandoned. They recovered a damaged data recorder, but were otherwise left with no leads.

Twenty four hours ago, the Shri-Tal contacted the Order of the Silver Jedi to request assistance.

While the analyst droids of the Silver Temple worked at recovering some data from the records, the Jade Skywalker had departed Voss, docking at the Cloud Pavilion before transferring the Jedi team down to the surface. They arrived at the foothills of the temple gates just as the sun was touching the horizon. The Temple of the Dai Li was in a rural part of the planet, situated on the edge of forested land.

"...liberate me..."

The video was chaotic. A barrage of images and colors that seemed to overlay one another, making the visual incomprehensible. Amid the static was the voice of one person, barely distinct against the background noise. The computer analysis confirmed it was the voice of Chi Uchida, spoken in Atrisian Basic.

It translated as, save me.

The young Beorni cub shivered, the white fur bristling as it stood on end. Not for the weather. The temperate conditions of Shri-Tal were hot, yet tolerable for the arctic bear. No, it was something else. Something... dark.

Faun brown eyes peered out into the surrounding environment, as the boy's short legs carried him across the footbridge that led into the temple courtyard. The mansion and residence was just beyond another gate. The place quiet. As vacant and deserted as the police had described.

...so why did he feel like they were being watched?

The boy's soft, round ears flattened against the side of his head. He was definitely uncomfortable here. "Uh... so..." the young bear began, looking around at his companions. Everyone was being quiet. Maybe that was the problem. They just needed to get a conversation started! "I hear Shri-Tal has some good food," the cub offered, feigning the cheer in his voice.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kyoko Ike"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | @Any SJO​

Nyt Rito

The (New) Padawan Menace!
The young Nautolan, felt a chill next to the young bear-ling, the same tell-tale tremor rocketing up his spine. Lekku trembled slightly, before giving an almost violent shiver, as if to shake all the spooks out of his skin. "Alright! Alright-alright-alright-alright!!!" The energetic youngster chirped, as if to psych himself and the others up.​
"Food, schmood. There be younglings that need checking up on!!!! That's why we.... younglings.... are.... here?" He began so strongly, but fell flat, his confusion evident, as he turned to look over at the more massive, furrier, youngling, before turning his attention to the others. "I.... Feel somewhat.... under-prepared...." He stated lamely.​
The youngling was still merely an adept in but the most basic of Force Powers, and still had not produced his own lightsaber. He had merely his wits, charisma, and unparalleled charm to aid him in this endeavor.​
Under-prepared is an understatement.​
[member=Kiriko] | Théodred Heavenshield | Mabbik | Kyoko Ike | Jerek Zenduu | @Any SJO

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kiriko"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | @Any SJO

Shri-Tal and the Asobi system itself was like a second home... or a third home in some cases for what they were doing. The jedi had a great deal of interest
here on the planet. More so then many of them even knew as it had force crystals and over the centuries had amassed several jedi cities on the planet and the moons. So it like the rest of the system got to come and do some things as she was flicking her tail back and forth. The yellow of her eyes and while the fox species she had been born to was mostly humanoid they did have some nice features. Like long lives, this ultra fluffy tail that all of the people liked and she could get that really nice shade to her hair that was not quite blonde, brown with a small tinge of red orange in there. All and all as the small atrisian fox girl was moving around in the shuttle that had departed the Silver Temple by the lake she looked over the small valley towards the forest. Then she looked at the other two padawans with them and back tot he forest... THis was the best party ever. "We totally need a cleric, none of us knows how to heal." She said it and there was only one thought in her mind... she must find a reason to ride a bear into battle against forces unknown.

Mabbik let out a chuckle and jumped up onto a small stump at the end of the footbridge and began to groom himself. A blaster and training lightsaber was strapped to the side of his belt alongside the normal pouches carrying credits, spare food, a blanket, and a canteen filled with Corellian rum. He had darted ahead to get a quick look over the front while the other padawans came along the path. "Pretty sure they sent us because they wanted someone who could pass off as one of the orphans." he said in his deep, raspy voice and looked at the Nautolan.

His fur had changed from it's normal white to a patchwork of darker grays to act as a camouflage under the shadow of the bridge. Indeed if it hadn't been for his large eyes changing to match the color of the Nautolans' he would have been quite difficult to see with the evening light rapidly starting to fade. "Nothing to report on the front, no movement and I didn't sense any life except for what I think is normal wildlife. Could be wrong though, I'm still having trouble connecting without a lot of concentration."

[member="Kyoko Ike"] [member="Nyt Rito"] [member="Kiriko"]

atrisia+03.png

The inner gate led the group into a cloister, which narrowed into the entry of the temple.

Perhaps it was a trick of the wind, but, for a moment, the cub could have sworn he heard the faint echo of laughter. As he turned his head in the direction, however, he saw there was nothing there. Brown eyes darted about anxiously, the the young Beorni continued to gaze around the foreboding exterior as the light began to fade away.

"Food schmood?" the cub echoed, looking back at the young Nautolan with what seemed genuine shock. Who said such things about food? Food was life! "Well, I can eat yours then," the Beorni rationalized with a nod of his round head. Which, actually... wasn't a terrible suggestion. At least, not so far as Kiriko was concerned.

The fox-tailed lady person had a more practical observation. They didn't have a healer with them at the moment. "Welp. I guess we'll just have to grin and bear it," the cub deadpanned, planting his hands on his hips. His ears perked up slightly as he offered Kyoko a cheesy smile with the punchline.

That had to be one of his better puns.

The Kushiban was probably the most practical of the group, strategically assessing the situation. But what captivated the bear's attention was the camouflage. "How does your fur change color?" the boy asked, curiously, even as he looked down at his arms and body.

Could he do that?

...nope. Still white.

And that's when they heard the scream.

[member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kyoko Ike"]​

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kiriko"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | @Any SJO

She looked at the small bear while she looked over many things there. She was walking and her small hairs bristled with looks over many of the thing that they were not seeing. She could swear she heard something there when they were walking... The joke the bear made might be the reason to fear. "Your jokes are unbearable." She said it as her tail flicked around behind her and the silver reflective outfit she had giving some energy to it as she was short with her hair in a tight ponytail before her normal tail wrapped around her waist looking like a belt. It gave her a great deal to work with when a scream was heard in the distance. She could see the orphanage here in the forest and walking through it she had the warnings that had come from Junko about the dangers within it when she thought she saw oe of the Don-Gai out of the corner of her eyes. She was movign and running to go and look. "Be careful, there are thing in this forest that dislike force users."

As the Kushiban opened his mouth to reply the scream shattered the cooling evening air. Mabbik's ears flattened tightly against his head and his fur turned a bright orange of alarm as he darted off the stump onto the bridge in a blur of movement. Skidding onto his footpaws he reached down and yanked the blaster pistol from his belt, aiming it at the orphanaged where the scream had originated from.

"What was that!?" he said loudly and pulled his eyes away from the sights to get a better look around. Ears up and swiveling the three foot standing figure made for a somewhat comically sight until the fur on his body turned a dark brown to blend in with the late evening light and the footbridge.

Concentrating hard Mabbik extended his senses outwards as far as he could which was only about twenty feet until everything started to fade. Not sensing anything in the immediate area he started scanning the building using his large eyes which had turned a deep black to soak in what light there was in an attempt to see exactly what had screamed. "We should get in there."

[member="Kyoko Ike"] [member="Kiriko"] [member="Nyt Rito"]

Nyt Rito

"W-w-wait! I mean, I still like food..." the youngling corrected, tapping his index fingers together anxiously. He turned his attention to the girl, cocking his head towards one shoulder, his lekku splaying across the same. Then, sudden movement.

Whole new meaning to ADHOS (Attention Deficit Hyperactive OH SQUIRREL!)....

Then came the scream. Lekku trembled visibly. "Well then, I think I hear a dinner bell.... in the other direction...." he attempted, as the furry one decided to lead a heroic charge.

Sighing softly, Nyt pat his larger companion on his massive shoulder. "Well, after you my friend... I'll support you the best I can..." the Nautolan attempted a brave face, but it was obvious he felt horribly under-prepared and insufficiently equipped for whatever it was they were heading into.

[member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kyoko Ike"] | [member="Kiriko"]​

A request for aid had gone out to the Silver Jedi Order from the Dai Li on the planet of Shri-Tal and having just made my way back to Voss I learned of this. Plotting a jump to the planet I engaged the hyperdrive and began a jump there to help in whatever capacity I could. From the information attached with this mission children in an orphanage along with their caretakers had gone missing. After it'd been discovered that the children and their caretakers had gone missing. A social worker had been sent to investigate the disappearances and had gone missing as well.

Now I was headed to rendevous with the other Jedi who'd been sent to investigate these disappearances. Sending out a message I said, "This is padawan Celiana Dravyen enroute to Shri-Tal in response to a request for aid from the Dai Li. Any members of The Silver Jedi Order please respond." Hopefully I wouldn't show up and be completely alone when I got there...

[member="Nyt Rito"] - [member="Mabbik"] - [member="Kyoko Ike"] - [member="Kiriko"]

"Your jokes are unbearable."

The cub just gave the tailed woman a large grin. The smile quickly vanished as the woman gave warning, reacting to something that moved near them. The Kushiban was armed and ready, making the point that they should get inside of the temple.

The cub was kinda with the Nautolan on this one. Fur standing on end and his ears twitching as they perked up with anxiety. Especially if the dinner bell really was the opposite direction... then this was going the wrong way.

Pausing a moment, the bear tilted his head as a voice chirped inside of the earlink he had tucked against his left ear. Reaching up to tap the device, the boy responded, "Hi, Padawan Drayven! We're just about to enter the temple."

They could wait here a moment for her to join them.

"Bring some snacks if you've got them," the young Beorni added with another tap to the side of his head.

If they were going to boldly go where no bear had gone before... they were definitely going to need snacks.

[member="Celiana"] | [member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Mabbik"] | [member="Kyoko Ike"]​

Bring snacks if you've got them. Well then....I supposed I could do that. As my ship dropped out of hyperspace I got my gear and snacks loaded aboard The Morrigan before heading down to the planet's surface. I'd been able to ping the location of the group upon having had snacks requested. As I made the descent towards a temple that had a Nautolan, the padabear I'd begun learning pyrokinesis with and another young woman I clipped my sabers to my belt and slung a bag over my shoulders. There was a rather large bag of jerky and cheesepuffs in my pack currently.

After setting down I walked down the ramp and after closing my ship back up I jogged the short distance to the group pulling out a bag of jerky and taking a few pieces. Looking at the little Beorni I said, "I assume you were the one requesting snacks?" Then I passed the bag of jerky to him waiting to head into the temple....

[member="Kiriko"] - [member="Nyt Rito"] -[member="Kyoko Ike"] - [member="Mabbik"]

[member="Mabbik"] [member="Celiana"] [member="Kiriko"] [member="Nyt Rito"]

SHe looked at the one who had arrived while taking in everything. Watching from across the area there was signs that things had happened and she was wondering what had gotten loose. The forest could have been holding anything after all and for all they knew there was going to be things coming after them when she moved swishing her tail back and forth. The fox like eyes seeing into the foggy dark around them. The thick canopy of trees in the forest around them and the orphanage when she ws moving off to the sides. "We should be careful and quieter." She was wondering and curious before they were moving into parts of it to see the large building with some drag marks on the stone.

Nyt Rito

Nyt would gaze at the bag of jerky imploringly as it was passed to his furry brah's paws. "Umm... could... could I...." he wasn't about to reach out to take food from a karking bear, but.... His tummy rumbled slightly, and the scent of the seasonings on the jerky were wrecking havoc on his senses.​
When a piece was offered, he'd take it and begin gnawing on it anxiously. looking between the others. After the first solid bite was consumed, he chirped a greeting to the newcomer, and well.... actually his first actual introduction to the group. "I'm Nyt. Nyt Rito. I'm Zak Dymo's pady-wan. And.... umm.... Whatever made that scream, definitely makes me want to advance in the that-way direction...." He'd state, gesturing away from the danger.​
Grinning sheepishly though, he tussled his lekku slightly, before giving a weak shrug. "But, if'n y'all gonna go ahead..... I guess I'm kinda stuck, huh? Can't let you guys go runnin' into danger all on your own. Big brah would probably be more than a little disappointed in me." He'd pat [member=Kiriko] on the shoulder, and nod. "Furry-brah, you lead, I'll follow!" he'd chirp with very convincing feigned confidence, tearing another bite out of his piece of jerky.​
[member="Kyoko Ike"] | [member="Celiana"] | [member="Mabbik"]​

atrisia+01.png

Anyone bearing snacks was a welcome addition indeed.

"Thanks!" the cub offered brightly, as the jerky was placed in his hand. And his mouth. It wasn't seal jerky, which was a specialty of the Beorni on Midvinter, but it was good. Salty and savory!

Handing a piece to the Nautolan boy, and offering another to the girl with the tail, the Beorni cub's short legs carried him inside of temple. Darkness and silence greeted them there. The sound of wailing echoed inside, with the shadows seeming to jump as the long-haired ghoulish girls they'd witnessed outside seemed to be just out of reach, appearing and disappearing in the peripheral of their vision.

He hadn't gone inside for very far, when the bear stopped.

He had a rather confused look on his face. Now, Beorni train from a young age to meditate and develop Force Sense. It made the cub aware of his surroundings. But this..? This was different. And he was hard pressed to describe how.

"Something's wrong," the cub opined aloud. His fur bristled, as though he was cold. Except, the temperature was tolerable by his companions, so it definitely wasn't that. Closing his eyes for a moment the boy attempted to center himself. The White Current was all around them, and yet...

"The Force here looks strange," the boy realized, as his faun brown eyes blinked open. "Like its... dirty."

[member="Celiana"] | [member="Nyt Rito"] | [member="Kyoko Ike"]​

[member="Mabbik"] [member="Celiana"] [member="Kiriko"] [member="Nyt Rito"]

She was looking at the others when they were going in and the sights and sounds of it all brought her attention around when her tail swished around. Her attention going to what was around her when she wanted to let her mental defenses rise up seeing the others. "There are things here and they are messing with us." She said it but was unsure about how to best work with it when she was moving to give most of her attention before she was moving. her eyes narrowing to reduce it when it looked like one of the things was waking towards them from above and it wasn't really running just moving like it had broken all of the bones in its body as it was making sounds. Like a vibration in the throat when looking at them with black eyes.

As the young Beorni took some of the jerky and shared it with the Nautolan boy I cast my senses outward. The feeling of being watched was bothering me and hearing everyone voice their feelings I agreed with the decision to move into the temple. The beorni had mentioned The Force looked dirty and he wasn't wrong about that. As we moved into the temple I felt the darkness following us... First the children had gone missing, then the social worker who'd come to check on them, then the investigators who'd come looking for him.

Glancing back towards the group I said, "We're going to be hunted the same as the orphans, the same as the social worker, and the same as the people who came to investigate his disappearnces. Something is out here with us...."

[member="Kyoko Ike"] - [member="Kiriko"] - [member="Nyt Rito"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom