Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcanum Stellarum Quaeritis

"I remember, as a little girl, staring up into the sky at night...
You see, the world I came from didn't have much in the way of light at night - aside from the larger homes in the greater cities, most of the people still relied on fires or smaller lights to chase away the darkness. You could look up into the night sky and see forever... Truly, I never believed I'd actually get to leave that world... That I'd never be able to set foot on an alien planet, breathe alien air, experience a breeze on a world I'd never felt before...
So, when I first came to The Order, I knew it would be years before I'd finally be free to travel... but, eventually, I did. To the outer rim... to the unknown reaches... into space owned by the Hutts... and into the Core.
You see, I've always loved going somewhere I'd never been before."
Drystan Marakos, Sentinel of the Order, kicked her feet like a little girl. Dressed in soft cotton robes of the most neutral gray, the blonde woman cast a charming & disciplined figure - at all times attentive, honest & forthright with whomever she spoke, and sharp as a microscopic edge. She sat in one of the beautifully-crafted meeting rooms within Silver Rest, speaking with another Jedi of the order, an Atrisian woman named [member="Matsu Ike"]. The third occupant in the room, a great wookie named [member="Errreembuhr"], sat facing them in one of the comfortable swinging chairs.​
Drystan had been sitting on the meeting table, obviously relaxed. Her blonde hair was beautifully braided, showing an exquisite eye for detail.​
"It's... why I actually wanted to create this..." Drystan continued, gesturing with her hands; using them to illustrate a story. She was speaking, obviously, of the Company she'd recently formed with the assistance of the Order, known as Esolea Expeditions & Research.​
"I believe we can actually help people... Find things which have never been found before, bring aid to worlds we'd otherwise never see, help people we've never met before, set foot on worlds we can't even dream of... Yet."
At this, she offered both the Atrisian Jedi Master and the Wookie a wide grin.​
Her excitement was contagious.​
The newly-branded CEO and skilled Jedi Warrior had begun a path of Self-Exploration, and was in the process of developing connections to see her dreams manifest.​
Drystan chose this moment to reach out for a glass of water, taking a sip of the clear, cool, refreshing beverage. It helped to bring her back to center-point, quelling some of her excitement and providing a chance for her friends to respond.​

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Drystan Marakos"]

Matsu sat there and listened, the white and silver robes gleaming cleanly with her skin and with her hair. The small crystal bells that were decorative and force enhanced. She had the idea of exploring and tried to always come up with something that would be new or find something or go somewhere they would be wanting to go. She though was more then happy to help with it and the engineers and artisan's at Sasori had worked for years on more then enough things to really explore or scratch that itch. "A wonderful story, what kind of help are you looking for from us?"

Exploration had always been high on Errreembuhr's list of pastimes. When he was younger he'd spent plenty of time with his transport crew navigating various locales to make deliveries and pickups from remote locations in the wilderness of planets on the fringe of society. Even when constructing his shipyards on Halamir he'd accompanied his droids in exploring various regions of the planet to get a better idea of the lives of the native folks, something that had often resulted in them being shot at. But what was life without a little danger?

[member="Drystan Marakos"] explanation for her new company certainly had his attention, and had him thinking of those times past. The presence of [member="Matsu Ike"] , an esteemed member of the Silver Jedi as well as a powerful businessperson in her own right, lent even more weight to the idea.

"This is certainly something that EODD would be glad to join with," he replied through his translation device. "We have scout corvettes that can be used to provide a decent picture before landing, light freighters for transport, scout drones, and things of that nature."

Drystan looked from one to the other - taking a breath, then exhaling... Steady, she replied to Matsu's question, "What I need... is help getting this off the ground." Drystan shifted, dropping her feet to the floor. She straightened, holding her palms upward and out. "Jyoti has offered some assistance.. but as-far as a fleet & equipment, I need help."
"Investing in me is an investment in all the Silver Jedi. I need access to materials, starships, weapons & armor... to design our Stategy, which, as I said, is not one of combat - ours is a mission of outreach. In return, I can promise you both exclusive rights to the discoveries we make. Accurate star-maps and oases pay a hefty price," At this, she gave them both a clever grin, "Furthermore, the galaxy seems only to be growing more chaotic..." At this, the look in her eye seemed grave, "And I believe we have an opportunity to expand."

"I'd like to make a number of purchases from both Sasori Research & EODD - I've already begun the process of hiring the curious-minded & adventerous. As it's my understanding you might view the problems ahead from complimentary perspectives, I'd like us to work together."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

[member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Matsu Ike"]​

[member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Drystan Marakos"]

Looking at the two of them as they spoke well Mtsu heard the plan and she gave a nod of her head to that. "A noble goal and something that should be easily done. We have worked since the founding of the silver jedi to explore and bring the jedi aid to other worlds. Meeting new people and exploring. We've been working on a few things to help improve our methods such as secondary colonization ships to go with the seeder and saratai ones we sent out. Deep space probes and a number of exploration vessels... there is also Yamatai the newest addition to our needs. A bustling trade station and hub to teach future colonists." THe jedi master though sat there and took a small thing from her pocket in her robe. One fo the smaller aurodium bands as she spread it out. "There we go, about two ingots worth of aurodium so six hundred million should get you started."

[member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Matsu Ike"] @Errreembuhr

Jasper Candos never left his home planet until he met with two jedis of the silver order and when he did, he was a completely amazed at how his home looked from outer space. It also gave him other feelings afterwards the amazement he felt. He felt anxious at leaving what was his home for all those years and was going to somewhere he never been to before. It led to be uncertain. Uncertain about the future that involved him and where it's was going to take him. However, his departure from his home world also gave him something else.

Hope.

The hope that he could finally take control of his life, even if a little bit. He didn't know what the SJO would do for him. But it was better than the life he had before going on the ship.

Jasper thought about these feelings he had when he was hearing the words from the jedis about this expedition he was interested in. He thought about all the ways this could benefit him and make him understand the universe more. Understand how the force works from other planets and maybe get a better idea from it. For now trough all he did was wait and stay silent as he heard the Jedi talk to each other.

Finley Dawson

F
Fashionably late, the Corellian quietly slipped into the room trying to avoid causing a distraction on his way to the first empty chair in sight. Upon sitting, he offered a small nod of acknowledgment to all present.

Finley had come not representing any company, but the Explorer Corps as one of its Pathfinders. They had a keen interest in working with EE&R and the other companies now being represented, keen on expanding operations (re) mapping the galaxy and beyond.

Having little to add to the conservation while the other corporate heads offered their services and products, Finley remained mum, trying to play catch up.

However, his eyes grew as big as saucers as he watched Master Ike spread out pieces of glittering golden metal - pure aurodium worth a fortune.

600 million credits, to be exact.

Sheesh.

He lived comfortably on a decent salary, but even a century's pay was a drop in the bucket compared to the riches currently on display at the table.

Finley started to rub the small stubble of his chin, pondering underfunded projects he could present for some sweet investment.

[member="Jasper Candos"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Errreembuhr"]

The Wookiee was a bit surprised to see [member="Matsu Ike"] so casually offer up such a kingly amount, but given what he knew of Sasori and its various holdings and sub-companies, if there were anyone in the galaxy, let alone the Silver Jedi, who could afford such a thing, it was her. It was more than significant, especially to a start-up like this.

"Much of EODD's liquid funds are currently tied up in several projects," he said at his turn. "What we can offer you instead of funding is material support. Weapons, dropships, droids, whatever you need at a special discount for the affiliation. I can offer troop support as well for security if need be on these endeavors."

[member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Finley Dawson"] [member="Jasper Candos"]

[member="Drystan Marakos"] @Errreembuhr @Matsu Ike [member="Finley Dawson"]

Japser noticed another person come into the room (Dawson) and began to wonder why he wanted to be involved with the expedition before focusing his attention back on the conversation going on near him. He stayed silent, knowing he had no reason to speak at the time as he knew there was more to be said and that a person of his status didn't have much say so in comparison to the other people in the room that were talking. Once he felt he heard enough, Jasper will take the time to think about it and find the jedis masters and ask them any questions that concern him and his safety. Still despite the lack of information he learned, Jasper already had some question he wanted answered like how long this expedition will last among other things.

However, the young man soon heard the words from the Wookie and forgot about his questions for the time being. He was a bit worried upon hearing about the EODD's funds and was interested about the troop support being offered among the other items that the Wookie said. He was also glad that the aforementioned troop support was even offered as he was certain that and troop support will be for the better. Especially when he comes to exploring unknown places and areas.

Drystan was entirely shocked at [member="Matsu Ike"]'s gift... at-first, unaware of what the Jedi Master was offering; then, with her explanation of the worth of the materials, the blonde woman's jaw opened.

:blink:

"Matsu..." She began, then started laughing. She'd never dreamed of such an amount... had never seen such an amount. Nearly couldn't comprehend it... but then again, she had to. It was her job, now. Humor sparkling in her beautiful hazel eyes, she turned her attention to the two young men who'd arrived, though she hadn't met them yet - [member="Jasper Candos"] & [member="Finley Dawson"] both joined the conversation quietly, and the Senior Jedi Knight offered both a pleasant smile. She'd speak with them once the business at hand had been completed.

"Thank you, Ember... Troop support, and material assistance would be greatly appreciated." She paused, rubbing her hands together before reaching out to the two ingots sitting on the table, gingerly pulling them closer.. handling them gently, as-if at any moment they might explode or become carnivorous. "It is an unfortunate truth that, far away from civilized space, piracy and violence is a real concern. That is not to say the unknown, unquantifiable risks posed by worlds we've no knowledge of. Weapons, tools, and well-trained soldiers outside of our own Order would be worth as much as these two pieces of metal. I... don't know what to say, except Thank You, to you both."

She reached out, offering her right hand in a simple gesture of friendship & respect, to be shaken by her two companions. "To a bright future." She said, smiling broadly, more-than pleased with the outcome of their meeting.

[member="Errreembuhr"]

Matsu flicked her eyes to see who entered while she sat there and listened to them. She kept them on the jedi knight across from her as the wookiee was offering most of everything else for them to use in this endeavor. "You are welcome." She said it and shook her hand firmly before looking at the others who had entered the room and spoke. "Welcome and should it be needed we have more then enough with our resources to help out and are always looking for investments."

When Reggie arrived, he saw that [member="Matsu Ike"] and [member="Drystan Marakos"] were shaking hands coming to some agreement. It seems that he was late.....again! Reggie scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, trying to slip in one of the seats without being noticed. For those that did see him, he would smile apologetically. He never liked being late, especially for something as important as this.

Reggie saw this as an opportunity to explore the galaxy like he had originally wanted to, and hopefully it would also incorporate his other dream: To help those in need.

[member="Jasper Candos"] @Errreembuhr [member="Finley Dawson"]

Drystan shook firmly, giving both [member="Matsu Ike"] and and [member="Errreembuhr"] a nod. Hazel eyes sparkled with excitement. "Thank you, both... We have a bright future ahead."

That bit of business completed, Drystan turned her attention to the newcomers: [member="Reggie Faayare"], [member="Jasper Candos"] & [member="Finley Dawson"]. "Welcome, and good day to you gentlemen.. I see my advertisement has drawn quite a bit of interest. What may I do for you?"

With the acceptance of the the deal, the Wookiee accepted her hand, gently pressing his own furred paw to it rather than taking it to shake as humans would. Given his strength he learned long ago that was a bad idea.

"We're more than happy to help friends and allies."

When [member="Drystan Marakos"] turned her attention to him and the other two who had come out of their own interest, Reggie smiled and was the first to answer the Jedi knights question. He stood up out of his chair and bowed to her out of respect.

"My name is Reggie Faayare. I have come here to see if I could join the company that you have created, if you're willing to have me of course. I may not be the most experienced or have the most skills, but I assure you that I would do my best to help in any way I can! So if you'll have me, I would love to be apart of the company."

Reggie didn't know if he had answered Drystan's question properly, but for now that was his answer.

Drystan smiled toward Reggie, returning his bow with a nod of her head - obviously, not so formal in such relaxed company. "It's a pleasure to meet you, [member="Reggie Faayare"].. I'd certainly love to have you. Tell me, Reggie, what brought you to Kashyyyk? How did you find yourself here, and why?"

These questions, of course, were for a reason...

Drystan's own young life had been less a childhood & more a time of suffering. She had traveled off-world for the first time when she was young, and had never returned... Finding herself at home amongst the stars. She'd always been a traveler... a wanderer... and she would hope such a drive might motivate others as well.

Reggie took a second to think, not expecting such a question to be asked.

"Well, I was given a opportunity I couldn't refuse when my Master found me. I would be able to leave my home planet and explore the galaxy that I knew nothing about! I would be able to learn more about whats beyond Tatooine, learn more about people and myself."

He took another few seconds to think, hoping that what he was saying made sense to them.

"Don't get me wrong, my home planet is important to me. However, i'm most comfortable traveling the unknown and learning from it."

Drystan listened, easily holding eye-contact as the young man explained where he'd come from & his desire to explore. She smiled, pleased at his answer..

"I've been to Tatooine on a small handful of occasions.. I can imagine how it felt to set foot for the first time on a world covered in green grass, or bathed in water, rather than oceans of sand. I was raised on planet similar to Tatooine... sandy, brown, wickedly hot in the summers and bone-chillingly cold during brief winters." She shifted a bit, crossing her arms over her chest - to anyone with an eye for body language, the memories of-which she spoke made her somewhat uncomfortable, but she continued; "I actually had a similar situation... I was living on the streets, an orphan by choice, really... and I would have died, had my own Master not saved me. Not only I, but a... dear friend, who has long since passed, would have died." She bit her lip, pausing for a moment.

Then, brightened, battling away the darkness and blossoming into a joyful smile. "Like you, I joined The Jedi to find my way... to see the Galaxy."

"What would you enjoy doing more: walking on strange new worlds with a team of friends, learning to be a pilot and scouting worlds & regions of space, or working alongside a team of doctors & researchers to study organisms & resources?"

[member="Reggie Faayare"]

As Reggie listened to the Knight, he made note of her body language. He could see that this was something she wasn't comfortable talking about, but she was still willing to part with such information.

When the Knight's smile came back, Reggie's returned shortly as well. The next question was one that Reggie had to think about before answering, looking in the air slightly with his hand on his chin.

"Well, I've never really had the skills for piloting, so that probably won't be the best choice. Either researching or traveling through new worlds would be the best choice."

Reggie was thinking out loud, not noticing that he was mumbling softly to himself. After a few seconds, he looked back at Knight Marakos to answer.

"Walking on strange new worlds would probably be my choice if I had to choose one. I more or less lack the skills needed for the other choices."

Pleased with his answer, Drystan nodded - making a mental note that, when she was ready to move forward, she'd be sure to include his name on the Orientation Roster. "That sounds just fine, Reggie... I need as many Expeditionary Team members as possible. You'd be working with me, for the most part. I'll be sure to let you know, when training & orientation begins."

Turning her eyes toward [member="Jasper Candos"] & [member="Finley Dawson"], she smiled at them both, inviting them to speak up and introduce themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom