Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Aranar-class Orbital Defense Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a massive, defensive warship for House Solus.
  • Image Source: Battlestar Galactica, Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I.: The Aranar-Class-class battlecruisers are made work in tandem with CST's Central A.I. system. The A.I.'s allow the ships to operate on lower crew numbers, while the ships still have their full crew ability. While it may come from past experience of having to leave their homes, the extra space the A.I. can provide allow from more flexibility. The main draw backs are the limits of what the A.I.s can handle, and that they are independent, and thinking. More like a sentient being then a computer,
STRENGTHS
  • Extensive firepower.
  • Strong defenses, even to ion weapons.
  • Potent flak coverage that can cover entire regions of space.
  • Central A.I. limits crew needs.
WEAKNESSES
  • Basically an orbital defense platform with engines when it comes to speed and agility.
  • Weapon coverage is focused on the broadsides.
  • Central A.I. is independent, and can disobey orders it doesn't agree with.
  • While being an extremely powerful vessel on the defensive end, their lack of mobility and broadside focus limit their usefulness in offensives.
DESCRIPTION
Another large scale CST project, with the Praelium Mihi-class Battlecruiser being successful, the company decided to push an even larger, and public, project in the 5000m long Aranar-class Orbital Defense Battlecruiser. Called "Defenders" in Basic, the Aranar-class was built to do one thing, and do it well. Defend planets from whatever threat they may face. The main battery of these ships consists of forty MPC-2 Jair hyper particle cannons, mounted in twin turrets and twin casemate mounts. Along with this, the vessels are armed with 120 Squall turrets, and sixty twin rotary laser turrets providing a wide area of coverage from missiles and strike craft, and can be used to cover other sections of an orbital defense fleet with a standard density "flak wall." These ships also feature some of the heaviest defense in service. Molecular, ionic, ray, and particle shields all allow for a wide range of coverage, and heavy reinforced duraplast plating can absorb fire an ion weaponry. Combine this with the use of a Central A.I. to help buffer some of the would be massive crew requirements.

At the same time though, these ships are not meant for offensive engagement. While they can help, they are very clearly build around defensive operations. As an extension of this, even with the large drive section Aranar-class battlecruisers make even some of the heavies warships look quick, and their broadside focus means that pushing isn't this vessel's strong suit. Along with this, like other CST ships that use Central A.I., the A.I. is quite independent, and could disobey an order that they don't agree with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom