Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[AoC] Refuge & Strength: Welcome to Sabarene, Core Refugees

Live in Light, Surf Master
Sabarene’s lonely dunes veered into the viewport as the Brynyar and Sv’Yato Fleet broke past hyperspace to the stillness of what comes after. I feel the instantaneous chorus of Sabarene’s population, so well known to me now their consistent hymns brush across my empathic mind.

Home.

The holds of our troop carriers are filled to the brim with refugees from the Core, and I for once cannot rectify my continued inactivity in the galaxy at large.

The checks and logistics for bringing the refugees to the surface were functional before we left hyperspace, thanks in no small portion to Captain [member="Livia Maddox"] and her Commander [member="Gauge Eclipse"]. All else in the Command Deck is diligent silence, my crew all chosen for their fluency in non-verbal communication.

Idle chatter hurts. It complicates the already tenuous control I keep of my empathic powers. It’s enough with the panic and fear in the refugees, the sense of horror and loss… the same emotions flowing from Abha… the Behemoth departed, quiet returned. I only hope I can bring some peace to Sabarene, after the Dark Lord’s departure with the Mand’alor’s child.

‘Erryn, my love. I hope you don’t mind I brought home quite a few more strays.’ Touching my wife’s mind is as simple as hearing the soloist in the choir, she is my rock.

The refugees begin to transfer from our star destroyers and carriers to the surface, and my shuttle takes me to the spaceport. I watch them shuffle off, the desert heat smacking their faces. Manu projected out to his brother Yuca, hoping to grab a hand.

'Bre'thro, come help a man, eh?'

Where was Chiara? Was she alright? What happened with the Mand'alor's mother? Zarah and Xander must still be off on Indupar.

[member="Chiara Viren"] [member="Zarah Viren"] [member="Darth Vizios"] [member="Yuca Najwa-Keth"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Aspri"] [member="Rapax"] [member="Anthea Valaros"] [member="Hajrah Marjanah"] (Open to Alliance of Crowns/refugees who wish to settle on Sabarene)

Bruised, battered, and still a little shook, Hajrah stood along with a plethora of others waiting to greet the newest citizens of Sabarene. It was, she imagined, to be something of a joyous occassion. After the attack on Sabarene and what these arrivals had recently went through on Coruscant, there wasn't exactly a cry for fireworks and confetti.

For those leaving the ships, the Jedi felt a sense of relief and melancholy. From her adopted brethren beside her, confusion, doubt, and worry. She was with them in some regard. Good people had died, they had failed to protect them and she wondered if they had been lucky it wasn't at outright invasion.

That fact alone confused her. Every story she had been told of Sith growing up was that they where the ever hungry conquers of worlds, destroyers of the Jedi. These Sith...they had came and went. It was cause to doubt the stories or cause to worry what the intent had been.

They where her concerns and had been kept solely in her thoughts. It wouldn't bode well for the temple if she infested it with doubts perhaps of her own making. In fact, they weren't exactly helping with the situation at hand.

These people didn't need to be met with sour and gloom faces or be readily reminded of the evils in this galaxy. They needed a smile and some semblance of the good it possessed..and perhaps so did she.

Reception centers had been set up all along the docking bays and volunteers with clothing and foodstuffs where alongside to offer what they could. Hajrah, near one of these tables, immediately began to play ambassador for both Sabarene and the Aberashi temple once they started flooded in.

Chiara Viren Zarah Viren Darth Vizios Yuca Najwa-Keth Baiko no Kaho Aspri Rapax Anthea Valaros

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom