Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way I can train to be a soldier while still being a pilot?

Just like the title says. My character is mainly a pilot, but I would like him to train to be able to fly for the Empire or fight on the ground as well. Considering some of the situations he ends up in, too, some real combat training would be nice. Any advice? Or do I just request the soldier tag and he magically becomes a pilot? I dunno.

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
[member="Usa'ar Obath"]

Hey!
Dusting off my bomber/drop ship pilot character here.
Since we are "heroes" in our own stories here we have a lot of wiggle room with how we develop our characters.
One great aspect of the military is that you have the opportunity to learn a little in just about every field it simply takes time and effort.

For IC you can write it up in your background the diverse training that has been undertaken and go from there.
From basic military indoctrination through to pilot training a lot of this will be taught along the way.

One thing that makes a modern military fighting force is not only ensuring that the member is proficient at their primary role (MOS/Rating) but also to allow that person the ability to branch out into other things. Even if its as mundane as a paper pushing to switching to motorpool work.

For IC there are many options to tackle that you can take on.
Pilots are our most valuable asset!
Pilots MUST know Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape doctrine. Plus now more than ever with the IC state of a fleet in being and our resources precious few having someone who is trained in hand to hand, Close Quarters Combat, and Marksmanship.

My suggestions for training with guns is carbines and pistols to proficient in.
As those both are likely the best compact options we can stow in our fighters, bombers, dropships, and shuttles.

So it is totally fine! Our characters can't really be to confined since we are the "Heroes" so to speak, or in our case a Villainous lot of oppressors! Mwuahaha

I hope this helps a little and I certainly would like to fly with you soon once I have just a little more time to post.
I'm free most weekends these days. So I'm totally down to kick some butt!

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="Usa'ar Obath"] You totally can. I just say my character is working in 'Special Operations' and then proceed to do whatever I want. Go nuts. Enjoy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom