Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Any Landing You Can Walk Away From

"Dank ferrik!" Raphael shouted, as his shop was rocked by another direct hit. His ship was tough, she was durable, she was strong... But several waves of fighters was a bit more than even he could handle. The sith had sent them all at him at one time, unlike their normal MO. He swore again, and opened a comms channel. "If any of you idiots damage my baby too badly, I'm going to sue!"

Nothing came back.

"What, no witty reparte? Really?" Raphael replied with a chuckle.

Still nothing. "Sublight engine three is currently inoperable." His AI suddenly chimed in mid-comms.

He frowned a bit. "Y'all're boring." There was another direct hit and the ship shook again. "Alright. Y'all also suck!" He pulled a lever as his hyperdrive began to spin up. He shook. Another direct hit... His shields were down and one of his engines were damaged. He didn't have time to think, to consult a starchart... He shut his eyes, in concentration and jumped. The world spun, alarms went off and he felt like he was being torn apart.

Then it stopped. His hand had reached out and pulled the lever, causing to drop out of hyperspace, but...

"Ship operating on fifteen percent thrust. Emergency. Emergency. Ship is on colission course with nearby planet." the AI suddely spoke out.

"That's US colliding with the planet! You've gotta be kidding me..." Once more he brought up comms. "This is a simple broadcast. Raphael Gallustrade of the NJO coming in for an emergency land--"

"Stabilizers four and five inoperable."

"...uuuhhhokkay, I'm crashing. I'm going to try to set her out a few clicks frm the closest settlement..." The ship was going faster. "...uhm...?"

"Error in onboard compter."

"...kark..." He went down and down and then, through a hill and a few trees, he crashed, angling his ship as best he could to prevent death. He squeezed his eyes shut, as he went sliding befoore finally coming to a stop and then exhaled, leaning back, befoore wincing. "Oh... Oh that hurts..."

Liorra Liorra

Galidraani settlers had been interesting to deal with but Liorra was content to learn more of their secrets, well not secrets. How they managed to keep anything that resembled green alive on this part of Mandalore. She had been talking with them when a ship came in hot over the village. Securing her helmet she rushed to her speeder and chased down the ship. It wouldn't be hard to find it, it left after all a rather wide and smokey trail behind it along with the debris of trees, branches and anything else that was unfortunate to be in the ship's way. It didn't look like anything the Mandalorians owned, and Sith were usually more careful than this so either it was a smuggler, a criminal or someone else who really wanted to be the poster child for crashing into Mandalore.

Speeder slowed down as she approached the crash scene, she wanted to yell at them in Mando'a but chances were she'd be screaming into the void. Might as well, she figured as she used the Force to feel out for signs of life. "What kind of kriffing pilot are you?" Liorra wondered as she shouted out toward the occupant. "Can't control your own stabilizers? Landing pad for Keldabe is a few hundred kilometers in the other direction!" The teenager shook her head, "are you okay? Do I need to call for a medic?" Manda help them if she had to, it might be a bit.

He pressed the button to open the cockpit, only it didn't open, at first. It started, and then sparked and spluttered, stopping about three quarters of the way through. With an annoyed grunt, he pushed it up, moving it out of his way in seconds. He looked up at and was surprised to see a mandalorian standing nearby the ship. Patting himself down, he found the source of his pain, a bit of a jolt was causing a nice bruise on his left side. Then he pushed himself fully out of his ship, and got out.

"Control my stabilizers?" he asked, incredulously, before looking back at the ship. It was covered in severe carbon scoring and there was significant damage all over the chassis. "Oh no... Noooo. No no no no no..." There would've been no controlling something like this. The damage to the ship was severe.

He turned to her and gestured wildly to it. "I'm not really sure how you wanted me to control this. and I'm sorry that the landing pad was a few kilometers--" Near death experiences. Calm, Raph. He took a breath, slowly, letting his frustrations go. "Sorry. I was returning from visiting one of the planet's I'd helped save from pirates when I was jumped by sith fighters. I kinda just had to jump, and the damage was so...well..."

He turned back to the ship, as one of the engines popped and sparks shot out, fires erupted from the top, though that was just more cosmetic, at this point. The whole thing was pretty much totaled.

"Alert. Alert. Alert. Sublight three has caught flame. Closing off all fuel sources for sublight three."

He turned back to her. "I'm... well, a bit lost, if you can believe it. Physically, I'll be fine. She was designed to not break apart from more than that, but... well, it was kriffing close. A bit of rest and I'll be more or less alright. I hope that you'll forgive my asking but... what planet did I crash land on?" He was certain the armor told him all that he needed to know but better to ask a potentially stupid question.
Liorra Liorra

Lio narrowed her gaze, "Mandalore."

She viewed him suspiciously from behind her helmet. "Sith fighters? Sounds like something I should tell the Al'verde." Lio wasn't entirely sure that she bought his story of Sith. Any Sith worth their weight wouldn't cross so deep into Mandalorian territory. Maybe the guy hit his head harder than she thought. "Hey wait a minute, I recognize you."

"You were with Master Noble before," yeah he hit his head, "I'm going to call for a medic, do me a favor and don't move." She turned her head away from him and requested assistance. "Right, so, you got jumped after a batch heroism, uh that can't stay here. This is a protected ecological zone. There isn't much in green space and your ship is literally burning what little we have." Lio gestured behind him and took a step back and began to use her plant surge abilities. "I'll just delicate place your scra- uh, ship here in the sand and not... in the eco zone."

She really didn't want to hear any of the Alors tell her otherwise.

He blinked, gazing at her, more confused than anything else. "W-- Mand-Mandalore??" While he didn't shout, his bewilderment was exceedingly apparent, and he massaged his forehead. Maybe he'd bumped his head. He reached down and and patted his side and then his jacket before sighing in relief as he felt his pistol and his lightsaber before glancing at his ship again. It was totalled... He didn't know how the hell he was gonna fix the damn thing. He'd be stuck here for a few days, at the very least. He sighed, slowly.

"Hm? O-Oh, yeah. I was with Va-, er, Master Noble, before. I'd, uhm, I'd never been to Mandalore before and I was curious about the culture. I wasn't disappointed, at the time, though, now, I'm a bit disheartened. This... This is going to take so long to fix. If I even can. I mean, I can. I can fix just about anything but the question is parts and tools..." He winced, when she mentioned it being an ecological protection zone. "I'm so sorry..."

Raphael turned to the ship and concentrated, helping her to lift his ship away from what few plants they had to drop it on sand. Ah, he felt horrible. Ah, this was bad... He really needed to stop letting the Force take the wheel.

"Call it like it is, though..." he muttered, glancing at the burning hulk that his ship used to be. "She's pretty much a goner, meaning that I'm kriffing stuck, for the time being..." With a light exhale, he rose to his full height and looked to her. "Apologies. I'm Raphael Gallustrade a...uhm... With the New Jedi Order."

Liorra Liorra

"Pretty sure you arrived with Master Noble," Liorra mentioned and tilted her head as she listened t him, "yeah, so, totally not your first time here. Except maybe first time crashing, sure. Why don't we get you to walk this way so the medics can check you out." She was sure he had a concussion and needed help. Last thing she needed was some member of the GA to claim something happened to them while in Mandalorian space. "We surprisingly, might have the facilities you need to fix your... ship."

As if on cue the ship seemed to shift into a little more of a mess than it had been.

"Maybe." And then looking from the shipwreck to the man, "yeah, well, you can apologize to the generations of Mandalorians who will be needing green spaces like this to soak up all the radiation from the strip-mined north." That nice, irradiated northern hemisphere that had been tore down to damn near the core thanks to the Sith.

"Liorra, Mandalorian Protectors, and hey look at that medics." She gestured toward the large, heavy speeder with a medical emblem on it. "Let's get you checked out, I'll call for the ship to get moved to a bay in Keldabe."

He nodded to her assertion that he'd come with Valery, he totally had and remembered it well. After all, she was the one who'd said that she'd help fight, too. He winced, at the crashing comment, though he began going over it all in his head. He was on Mandalore...but that had to have been anywhere from two three jumps away... That was when he realized. That's why the ship seemed to be nearly falling apart. The ship was literally falling apart. The hyperdrive was probably melting. He dug through the cockpit pulling out a bag that seemed to clink with electronics, before he followed her a bit to make sure he was ready for the medics.

Though he was happy to be alive, he was following fairly quickly behind her, when she mentioned his ship. He turned a bit, and watched, with a sinking heart, as an entire half of the ship suddenly shifted, and sheared off, falling off like slag. He'd... worked for days on getting everything aligned, correctly and that... Well, that was just disheartening.

"Hey, I'm more than happy to work off whatever damage I did as well as access to a bay and any hospitality. I'm not gonna take advantage or not repay this..." He smiled, as she introduced herself. "It's very nice to meet you, Liorra." And then followed the gesture, nodding, as he headed over. "Right, sounds like a good idea... Unless I'm doing my math horribly, which is possible, I should't have made it to Mandalore. Will be good to get a quick checkup, at the very least." He shifted the bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "Oh, if you don't mind my asking, you'd used the Force just now, right? Con... ah, hell... Coooonsitor sato? I read about it once before, but that was a pretty good display of it!"

Liorra Liorra

Lio just tilted her head as the man struggled to say a word she had no use for. "Thanks?" She remarked questionably, and assumed he really hit his head, very hard. "Well, how you repay this is sort of up to you," Lio remarked and sat back while medics checked the guy over. "Raphael, right? Yeah, we'll head into Keldabe and you should be able to find your ship. Not sure what the going rates for bays are, but we take Credits, Talons, Autarchs," she rattled off the currencies for a moment. She'd deal with the colonists and greenspaces later, once the guy was checked out she motioned for him to follow. "We can take my speeder back to the city."

She called up for someone to take the wreckage back to a bay in Keldabe. Lio waited for Raph to get comfortable before setting off for the main city. "There's probably an inn or something for you to check in at. Should we expect you to pay the tab or forward it to the NJO?" Do they even do that sort of thing? Someone had to pay for the mess. "As for the Force, maybe we don't talk about that out loud. There's a difference of opinion when it comes to the Force. I frankly don't care, I was raised in the Jedi ways until recently." Grateful for the helmet as it blocked out a lot of what got kicked up on the way back.

The way that she responded seemed rather confused; perhaps the way that they viewed their talents within the Force was a bit different than hoow he viewed it. Raphael wasn't entirely certain if something had happened to them, or if they'd experienced some kind of crisis of faith or personality. It didn't really matter, he supposed, as the medics checked him out. The helmets might've concealed their faces, buut they seemed confused as to how someone had even crash landed in the first place. Or maybe he was misreading. People were hard to determine their emotions from moment to moment.

Minor concussion, and a few bruise bones, but otherwise he was alright and fully capable of movement. He walked over and hoisted himself into the speeder, before finally turning his attention back to her and some mf her original questions.

"I'll be footing the tab, myself. I'm not gonnna let the Order pay for my screw up." He shrugged, as she started the speeder and began heading back to this "Keldabe". "But there won't be a need for an "inn" or anything of the like. I'm a gearhead. I'll sleep in my ship or somewhere in the bay itself." He stretched a bit. "I hope that you'll look past my ignorance, I don't exactly know too much of mandalorian culture."

Something about them shifted, when they discussed the Force, a barely perceptible change in the way it flowed about them. His gaze shifted a bit, when he saw it, but he didn't say anything. It was't his place to ask about things bothering her. "It will still be good to at least have a chance to fix up my ship and polish her..."

Liorra Liorra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom