Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Anti Orbital Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • orbital_cannon_by_blueroguevyse.jpg
  • OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To design a Anti Orbital Cannon
  • Image Source:Deviantart by blueroguevyse
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

• PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Privateers Alliance
  • Model: X-13 Anti Orbital Cannon
  • Affiliation:Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Quadranium

• TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification:Mass Driver
  • Size: Stationary
  • Length: 150 meters
  • Weight: 8,400 Metric tons
  • Rate of Fire:Semi Automatic
  • Ammunition Type: Hard Quadranium Shells Propelled By Charged particle streams.
  • Ammunition Capacity: This weapon fires three rounds at once and has a twenty round capacity.

• Effective Range:
  • The effective range of this weapon is 800,000 meters it can be used for planetary defense against an incoming orbital attack. They could be operated manually, using a small control panel on the side of the weapon or be set to Automatic tracking mode.These giant weapons fire charged particle streams into space from their location on the surface of the planet with deadly accuracy launching the Quadranium at super sonic speed like a massive rail gun. this weapon has a very high-yield, capable of Potentially destroying a star fighter in a single shot, pulverizing most ground vehicles, and dealing significant damage to shields and armor of larger spaceships. They also make a very effective ground bombardment weapon. They are useless at close range.

• SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Anti Orbital Cannon is protected by a Multi layer shielding system that incorporates the use of two ray shields and two particle shields.
  • The Anti Orbital Cannon is Powered by Multi solar ionization reactors.

• Strengths:
  • The Anti Orbital Cannon has a high-yield projectile, capable of Potentially destroying a star fighter in a single shot, pulverizing most ground vehicles, and dealing significant damage to shields and armor of larger spaceships. They also make a very effective ground bombardment weapon.
  • Rapid Fire -This weapon is capable of a very high rate of fire, Assuming it has a adequate power supply.
  • At long ranges the Anti Orbital Cannons can obtain Almost pin point accuracy on large vessels.
  • This weapon can fire accurately to the limit of 800,000 meters, it is designed for planetary defense against an incoming orbital attack.

• Weaknesses:
  • The Anti Orbital Cannon technology is very advanced. Unfortunately, it's so advanced that backward engineering one of these things for mass production is well beyond our current abilities.
  • Power Drain And Heat- As with all cannons, the Anti Orbital Cannon requires a large amount of power to operate, and generates considerable wasted heat that requires constant venting.
  • Because they are such big weapons they are completely useless at close range, in order to target a object it has to be at least 200 meters away from the Cannon.
  • Anti Orbital Cannons are mounted on large, bulky emplacements they have a hard time targeting Tiny ships that are too fast even with there rapid fire ability.

• DESCRIPTION
  • This weapon is on a massive platform on the ground, the entire weapon is 150 meters long the shock waves from the firing of this weapon can tear apart the ground beneath it that is why this weapon has too be set on a specially modified platform.
  • The ammo for the weapon is modified Quadanium steel rounds fired out of the massive Mass Driver barrel,This weapon is Charged by ion particle streams on impact the shells are devastating.
  • amazingly enough because of the Charged ion particle streams projecting the Quadanium steel rounds this weapon makes barely any noise other than a single fast cracking sound when the Quadanium steel rounds break the sound barrier. The shell moves at least speeds of Mach 10.
  • The super heated Quadranium Steel Round Rips threw the air at 11,253 feet per second.
  • When the massive weapon is fired there would appear to be a purple lightning aura around the barrel of the cannon from the Charged ion particle streams, just moments before the weapon fire there would be a giant flash of purple light.
  • The Anti-orbital cannon was specifically designed in mind to target capital ships, as evidenced by their large size. They were constructed on a fixed platform and received its source of power from at least four power generators at most six or Multi Solar Reactors.

Salvador Grim said:
Length:The Barrel of the weapon Is 1,700 Meters long
The sheer length of this, combined with the weight of the weapon, would cause it to snap in half under its own weight just by the effects of gravity. I'd suggest making this a lot smaller, like maybe 30 meters.

Salvador Grim said:
These giant weapons fire charged particle streams into space from their location on the surface of the planet with deadly accuracy launching the Quadranium at super sonic speed like a massive rail gun.

Salvador Grim said:
Classification:Turbo Laser
A turbolaser does not fire physical projectiles. You're thinking of a mass driver.

@Nadja your completely correct i was not aware of exactly what the tec was called but basically the idea is a energy stream pushes a giant shell of quadanium into its target Ie short of like a rail gun. i will correct that.

The sheer length of this, combined with the weight of the weapon, would cause it to snap in half under its own weight just by the effects of gravity. I'd suggest making this a lot smaller, like maybe 30 meters.

The guns made out of Quadranium super strong metal , also combine that with the re-enforced structure of the weapon i think it would be fine . The German Gustav Gun . weighed in at a massive 1344 tons.This 4 story behemoth stood 20 feet wide and 140 feet long , that was real gun that Germans made and its heavier than mine by real world comparison , being that my gun is made from a heavier stronger metal Quadranium my gun should most likely be twice as heavy in perspective. Please give me your thoughts.

Salvador Grim said:
The German Gustav Gun . weighed in at a massive 1344 tons.This 4 story behemoth stood 20 feet wide and 140 feet long , that was real gun that Germans made and its heavier than mine by real world comparison , being that my gun is made from a heavier stronger metal Quadranium my gun should most likely be twice as heavy in perspective.
If you're asking me for a suggestion on whether double the weight of a 47 meter long weapon (the Schwerer Gustav, which you're referring to in your post above) would be sufficient for a 47 meter quadanium mass driver, then my answer would be yes - that is fine, if you want to make it that heavy or heavier.

If you're asking me if a 1700 meter quadanium mass driver weighing double the weight of a 47 meter long Schwerer Gustav (1350 tons, not 1344) would be acceptable, then my answer is no.

Your weapon needs to be smaller. I suggested 30 meters because that's on the larger end of normal. It could be 50 meters, if you wanted. The suggestion was to give you an idea of what is okay, I don't mean it has to be at 30 meters at maximum for length.

[member="Nadja"] i was saying because quadranium is way heavier than normal steel, lets assume it weighs at least twice the weight or normal metal because i can not find a canon reference to the weight of quadranium. So in place of that i am using the Gustav Gun as my best real world example.
I agree with you a one mile barrel might be a little much so lets cut it down to one quarter of that , keeping in mind this weapon is designed to be a planet defense weapon.
so the length would changed to 403, Meters and the weight using the Gustav as a reference would twice X the real world metal ,
The Gustav gun is 43 meters by 1350 metric tons dived both those numbers you get the base number of 28 the weight per single meter.
Quadranium i would assume has to be at least twice as heavy as real world metal So at 401 meters thats only 1315.62 feet way shorter then the barrel was before. and i will edit the submission to reflect that new math is the entire weapon not just the barrel as i said before. because i agree a one mile barrel is a little nuts and if i did the math right the first time i made the post the weight of that barrel would have been 1700 meter X 56 the base number = 95,200 metric tons

Double the 28 of real world metal to 56. 56 X 401 should be the proper weight being 22,456 tons. That may seem like a lot of weight but remember it dont move and it is meant to be a weapon that fires into space.
The maximum range of the Gustav gun was 47,000 meters about 29 miles But this weapons range is 800,000 meters about 500 miles.

Please let me know if agree with my math. It seems reasonable to me , giving the fact the weapon has a lot of draw backs.

Salvador Grim said:
keeping in mind this weapon is designed to be a planet defense weapon.
The V-150 is a planetary defense ion cannon, it is capable of firing into the upper reaches of the atmosphere and beyond, but it's also under 100 meters in size. Being a planet defense weapon doesn't mean it needs to be the size of a large starship to fire at a ship in/out of atmosphere. Bring the weapon down to anywhere from 80-150 meters, and you can adjust the weight proportionately, and we can move on from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom