Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another step forward {Darth Metus}

Siqa

Pureblood don't mean a thing to me anymore.
I brought the ship out of light speed once we'd come to it: Rodia. The swampy ball of a planet was my destination, along with my Master Verd. We were here because I was supposed to take another step into my eventual knighthood among the Templars of the CIS. I had a feeling if it wasn't some other form of training it was likely because I was to gain a new lightsaber. Though I still had the one I had when among the Sith. I'd been keeping it for....reasons. I had even been checking to make sure it was still on my belt along with all my other handy weapons during the flight. It was hard given that the saber was the most important weapon anyone from Sith to Jedi to Templar to any else could hold. It was a symbol more than just a means of fighting and I knew that even before I was trained in the Sith arts as a child. To have a new one would mean so much.

We finally started landing by the time I set the defenses up in case anything happened while we were gone. I flipped the switches and pressed the buttons I needed to before getting up and walking back to where Master Verd waited. Once I found him I said "We're here, master."

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Once the transport vessel surged forth out of hyperspace, the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd was roused from his slumber. He had elected to allow his apprentice to take the wheel and fly them to Rodia whilst he caught up on a few hours of sleep. Recent history had seen him run from battlefield to battlefield, and adequate rest eluded him...so a few hours of shut eye were more valuable than diamonds to him at this very moment. Alas, all good things eventually come to an end and Siqa's voice tore the the Mandalorian from the sweet embrace of slumber. "Excellent." he said, before stretching his arms and yawning. Rising to his feet, he then led the way off of the vessel, only to be greeted with a brick wall of humidity: one of the signatures of Rodia.

They had landed just outside of the famed Yuuzhan Vong colony that had been erected on Rodia centuries prior. In particular, their location was just outside of acres upon acres of "farmland", which were filled to the brim with the unique flora that the species utilized for food. Leading the way down the beaten path, the Mandalorian's destination was that of one of the numerous fields, for it was set aside for usage by the Templar Order. Standing "guard" by this field was a duo of Yuuzhan Vong whose appearances were the definition of menacing. Coming to a halt, he introduced himself and his apprentice with a respectful tone and a slight bow.

"Greetings gentlemen, I am Templar Master Isley Verd, and this is my apprentice Siqa. I have come in order to harvest some Lambents, as per our agreement." The Vong then regarded him with respect and the larger of the two spoke. "Well met Master Verd. You and your apprentice are free to pass. Do try not to waste any of the Lambents." Isley gave a firm nod to this and then motioned for Siqa to follow before embarking down the beaten path to the left, which was characterized by tall grasses on either side. "Are you...excited, Siqa?" he asked in a joking tone.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

"That's not exactly the word I would use." I said as we walked on, me glancing back at the guards. I did find it odd that Verd had made these kind of arrangements ahead of time. Obviously he planned this, as any good master would, but it still left me wondering about what this would all be leading to. "I take it you've done this before." I noted after the guards. I kept my hand on my saber the entire time, not so sure how any of this would turn out in the end. And what the heck was a lambent?

@[member="Darth Metus"]

"Aww, Siqa, you wound me." he said, briefly turning around to face her. His tone was entirely sarcastic and he placed his hands over his heart in mock heartbreak. "And here I was looking so forward to spending some Master-Apprentice quality time with you." The Mandalorian then chuckled for a bit before resuming his strides in the direction of the lambent fruits. "And actually, no I have not. The Templar Order has made arrangements with the Yuuzhan Vong to be able to utilize Lambent fruits in the construction of lightsabers. We're the first Order in the Galaxy to be able to use this resource regularly."

With that said, the Mandalorian rounded the corner and came to a halt before the plants in question. He signalled for his apprentice to stop as well and looked to her. "In order to Harvest a Lambent, you must very calm, slow, and gentle. Take the fruit into your hand, slowly, and then cut it open. Within, you'll find the crystal. Hopefully it's your favorite color." With his instructions voiced, he handed her a knife and then faced the plants, carefully reaching out for his own.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

When he explained everything I was a bit confused by it all. That and his really odd funny-man way of acting before hand. I always thought him a bit more serious than that, but in any regards. I came to a halt when we reached the fruits he was talking about. I cocked my head a bit at the sight of them, obviously this being my first time seeing something like them, but then snapped back when he handed me the knife and told me to find the crystal. "Sounds more like farming than anything else." I noted as I walked up and found one fruit. I was careful and calm as I reached up to the first one I could find and slowly cut it. When I managed to free the crystal inside I found it to be what I was hoping for: a black one. I turned and held it up so Master Verd could see before doing anything else.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian took the Lambent in hand and slowly plucked it free of its leaves. He then made a neat incision upon the surface of the fruit and plunged his fingers into its flesh. After a few moments of "digging around", he seized the crystal from within the fruit and raised it to the light. It was silver in hue, a color much befitting a member of the Templar Order. Casting aside the remains, Isley then reached into his utility belt, producing a small box. He then took Tal'galar off of his belt and sat upon the ground, motioning for Siqa to join him. "It is much like farming, however, the rewards are well worth it." he commented, sliding the box over to her. "I went ahead and procured all the components that you'll need in order to construct your saber, and I'll be rebuilding Tal'galar alongside you. Tell me, before we begin...How do you see the Force?"

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I looked at his sliver one and said "That's pretty." in a more coy tone and with a smirk. If he was going to act a little childish no point in me holding out. I took a second looking back at my own before he started explaining what we would be doing. Then he asked me how I saw the force to which I said "Well....from what I've learned and what I've seen there's only one force. Not dark and light. That's just an illusion that those who use the force bend to their will. It all comes from the same place but it's how you use it if it's dark or light, good or evil, so on." After that I looked to him and asked "That a good enough answer?"

@[member="Darth Metus"]

The Mandalorian nodded quietly as he heard his apprentice's view on the Force, then opened his palm. He placed Tal'galar upon the flat of his hand and concentrated; then disassembled the saberstaff wholly and completely through the Force. Then, with the utmost care, he suspended the pieces telekinetically in the air. "You and I see much alike, my apprentice." he said in his "serious" tone. "In my eyes, the Force is but a tool; indistinguishable from the knives we used to harvest the Lambent. Inherently, a knife is not good nor evil. It can be used to defend or harm; such is the nature of the Force. I am proud to know that we see much alike, Siqa, and I am proud to have you as my apprentice. Someday soon, you will ascend to Knighthood, but that does not conclude my duty of being your mentor and friend. If ever you need, or are lost, I will be there to protect and guide you."

With that said, he levitated his Lambent crystal and hovered it into place amongst the lightsaber components. "Before you fully encase your new crystal, levitate the components as I have mine...and meditate upon it. Imbue that crystal with who you are; imbue it with how you see the Force. Let this weapon distinguish you as an individual; independent from the Sith who attempted to shape your path."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

"Glad to know too." I said after he went on about how we both viewed the force. Good to know too since not everyone, even the Sith masters I trained with, didn't see it like that. When it came to meditating and all I said "Right. This old trick." since I knew how it worked. I'd made a saber before after all. I got the pieces and sat down before putting them all in front of me with the crystal. I focused and meditates for a moment before they began floating in front of me, my eyes closed the entire time as I focused. I knew how to keep my mind in check as well as any other force user, it was just a matter of getting down all the little tiny pieces to the saber.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom