Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Another Scar

As the Echani entered the room, Maliphant readjusted in his bed once more - forcing himself through momentary pain to sit, pillow supporting his back as he did so. He cringed, though only momentarily to not upset Srina more than he had to, and a hand lifted to lock the door once more. His eyes wandered over to the large basket that trailed behind her.​
Drinks, food, things the hospital had never offered him before. He was curious if she had left to get these things, or the hospital had just been holding out; knowing that he was little more than a third party advisor, and not nearly on par with even a viceroy in the Confederacy. His gaze trailed back to her as he spoke;​
And what, pray to tell, does your date involve?”, he said with a quiet musing - the force lifting one of the more fresh pieces of fruit to his hand so he could take a bite. Small bits of juice trailed down his chin, forcing him to wipe what he could away with his hand before reaching for a napkin - once more cringing from the exertion.​
Still, he hadn’t had good food in days. Something could be said about Conferdate hospitals, that they were well stocked with some of the most advanced droids in the galaxy; but they certainly fell short in a few, and the food was chief among them. It made Maliphant miss the hospitals on Coruscant - or rather, the hospitals that catered to rich and endearing members of the galaxy like ‘Dorian Harper’.​
I’m sure I’ll enjoy it regardless.”, he mused as he adjusted ever so slightly to face her.​

cis-postdiv-new-animated5.gif

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

He cringed. Of course, she noticed.

Srina simply decided to let it slide this time. Maliphant was so stubborn. She could remember times when others had accused her of acting the same way. Trying to keep the Sith Lord still in a hospital bed truly redefined the meaning of the word. She could understand why, though. Being locked up. Kept away from the rest of the world. Unable to leave. If she could bring him some small amount of relief while he endured, until release, she would do so. “I was injured when we went to war with the Galactic Empire. Adron Malvern Adron Malvern put a sword through my chest.”, she explained, though, her expression revealed little.

Her tone almost seemed to suggest that she looked back on the event fondly. It was a moment in which she had found one of her closest friends. When the Devaronian blood poison ran through her veins—She found respect. Their duel had ended in a stalemate, but, the fight had resonated deeply.

“While recovering I discovered that the food can be…”

How did she say it politely? He would see her searching for the right word to use. Something that was neither too accusatory nor too forgiving. “Less than adequate.”

It was geared, strictly, on nourishing the body. Flavor was not on their minds. She could list off any number of supplements and vitamins that were added, but, she couldn’t recall anything from the menu that had actually been palatable. Srina had taken to eating fresh fruit and vegetables while ignoring everything else. A little frown passed over her lips. “Perhaps, that can be the newest topic for the Viceroy. Health and nutrition reform.”

When Maliphant asked what her “date” would involve, her eyes dropped down, while she chewed briefly on the inside of her lip. It wouldn’t be long before he realized that she had no idea what she was doing. That she had never been on an actual date. “I…”, she trailed off, fighting, a vaguely embarrassed flush. Her eyes closed while she tried to swallow it down. He had this way of unintentionally making her feel like she was back on Eshan. In school. Stammering, before someone three years her senior.

It was maddening to be able to address an entire nation only to fall to pieces with one simple question.

“We will eat. Feed one hunger and you feed another.”, she concluded, reaching into the basket for a small container of soup. Something rich and flavorful that she had been assured would help mend both body and mind. There was some kind of slow-cooked poultry, grain, and tender bright vegetables settling in a light broth. “—And I will help you. So you needn’t struggle.”

Srina shifted the basket and scooted up higher on the bed. The perfect silk of her dress made the action appear seamless, graceful, even as she balanced the crockery and a utensil. Seeing a little bit of fruit juice still on his skin she reached for a napkin and lightly brushed it away. Only, as the soft paper crumpled in her hand, she leaned forward to press a light kiss to sweetened lips. He would feel her breath and draw away. A reminder not to get lost. To forget where they were and who they were. “I will also do that. It may be often. I apologize. I forgot to mention that.”

Ivory hair slid down her shoulder while she settled back and popped the lid from the soup. Still hot, but, not scalding. Not quite sure if he was ready yet she stirred it a few times. Srina had been so burdened down with her duties to the Confederacy. He had endured so much of this alone. So much, for saving her life. “We will talk. Until it is very late. So late, that it becomes early and the sun rises.”, the wintry woman murmured quietly. So soft, that it might have been hard to hear. Srina knew what would come in the morning. She would have to return to her duties. But, for tonight?

She could be here. With him, if, he would have her.

“Now you must open up—Or else you will have more soup on you than in you.”

The Dread Queen who had pressed for the razing of her enemies brought up the spoon and waited patiently. He could choose not to indulge her, of course, but her warning would be clearly valid. Hearing some sort of scuffling by the door her head tilted and her eyes narrowed. Very, chatty medical staff. Some of the employees seemed very fixated. Srina glowered a little against her will.

She had just found Maliphant, against all odds, and she didn’t relish the thought of sharing him.

They just would need to find their own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom