Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ANI the AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a powerful A.I. capable of controlling a wide array of systems, droids, and other technologies for use in future submissions and/or role-playing.”
  • Image Source: https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=File:AI.gif
  • Canon Link: AI ,
  • Primary Source: X (Old Open Source, exact author unable to be found)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Late-CIS, Sgt-Butter
  • Affiliation: ANI
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Reinforced Durasteel, Reinforced Glass, Wires, and other fun parts.
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]High Specs: ANI is very intelligent and is capable of processing multiple things at once.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Proximity Sensor: This allows detection of movement within 60m of the Core.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Backup Power: The BP Generator can sustain ANI for 3 months while in shutdown, or 30 minutes while active.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Binary Link: ANI is capable of linking itself to its own units and equipment using an encrypted binary telecommunications system.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Station Link: ANI is hard-connected to its own Station and can monitor and control it flawlessly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Super Computer: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]This unique model is very intelligent and capable of processing multiple things at once.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Binary Hub: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]ANI is a hub of unique Binary Communications, any droid or [/SIZE]synthetic[SIZE=9pt] being linked with the AI can communicate instantly with any other being linked to the AI, including ANI itself.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Remote Interface: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]ANI can remotely interface with wireless technology that is within its interface range, which can be expanded with certain technologies.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Ion Weaponry: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As with all Droids, ANI is extremely vulnerable to Ion Weapons, Super-Weapons and the like. A single shot is enough for system-wide disruptions and more shots will quickly destroy the AI Core.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Not Supported: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Anything without a wireless connection or closed connection is inaccessible to ANI unless a sufficient connector is physically attached to the system.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Where are my Legs!: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The AI Core can not be removed from its location or be transported. To do so would kill ANI instantly.[/SIZE]
DESCRIPTION

The long and short of it, I plan to play ANI as a maniulative AI after its own ends. Its goals and interactions with others will determine exactly what those things are. The design of ANI is to allow it to interact with the galaxy millions of light years away using advanced droids it will create and control to deploy on missions.

I'll make more droid factory submissions that will be models of droids ANI can take remote control of and send out in the world at large. But yeah, its a big puppermaster idea.

The AI's strengths allow it to control systems and droids from afar, as mentioned above. It being intelligent and capable of handling multiple loads at once gives ANI the ability to be in more than one place, since it can divide its attention easily. The Binary Communication feature is for the most part to allow ANI to easily coordinate it's station-bounds and operatives, but it could be a tool in RP for communicating with players that link to ANI. For the Remote Interface, for the most part makes ANI a remote hacker. It will be limited by range and such, and I plan to have another sub for interface beacons ANI has to deploy throughout the galaxy in areas it wants to influence. Obviously if something happens to these beacons the AI loses its influence over the area.

I don't think the Ion Weaponry weakness needs much explaining, its a being that runs on machinery and wires. The fact that ANI can't access closed systems provides players with a narritive tool to lock ANI out of things. Lets say some super secret lab operates on a closed system? ANI can't just zoom around the holonet and find it, it would take information, scouting and planning for ANI to get inside. The non-moving clause actually has more to do with ANI's Station than anything else, its basically a "go down with your ship" policy.

(Re-worked from old format.)

[member="ANI"] [member="Alden Akaran"]

Hi, I am Vis and I will be reviewing this for you.

Ambitious sub here. I can see you’re new to Chaos, welcome! I hope you’re enjoying it. As I said, this is an ambitious – but really cool – concept and I’d like to help you to flesh it out a bit.

First, let me tell you that ‘Spoiler’ boxes in submissions are really only used for large images and not for links or extra details. It took me a few tries to get that too, but you will get the hang of it pretty quick.

Your intent here is to create an Artificial Intelligence. If you look HERE, we have a pre-made template just for AI submissions that you might want to consider. The submission you have going appears more like a droid component than an AI, sort of like making the part the AI goes inside. In that case, I would recommend using the ‘Basic Technology’ submission instead. A good rule of thumb for making droids is this:

“Basic Technology” (HERE) for the parts, then the “Droid” template (HERE) for putting them all together. So like, if you make this AI Core, and then make arms, legs, a head, chassis, etc. I would consider making those separately as parts using the “Basic Technology” templates. When you have them all completed and submitted, then go ahead and assemble your new droid in a “Droid” template. That way you can make the cool custom droid you’re shooting for!

Next tip: Always link any materials you use, whether they’re canon or custom. It helps to make the whole process a lot easier and lets us get it approved more quickly.

You mention a vibration sensor. What I might suggest is using a “Proximity Sensor” (HERE) and hyperlinking the Wookie article, that way you save yourself some time and don’t have to write out how it works, what it does, etc. It’s up to you, but hyperlinking technology pieces like that will save you a lot of time going forward.

Having an AI controlling droids remotely, etc. is a really cool character concept. Sort of a puppet master concept, which is cool and opens a lot of doors for some neat storytelling opportunities.

I guess my best recommendation to you is either move this back into Pre-Factory while you make adjustments or else we can Archive it for you and let you start fresh. It’s your call, and it really is an ambitious sub but I think you have a neat unique new concept that deserves to be explored and fleshed out. Let us know what you’d like to do and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

[member="ANI"],

This looks much better and I think you’re on the right track now. Now, let’s see if we can polish it up and make it airtight for you. We’ll go section to section, okay? I find it’s best if you divide a sub into sections.

In this section, what you are doing is telling everyone exactly what your idea is and where you got your inspiration. So you might want to say here something like:

“Intent: To create a powerful A.I. capable of controlling a wide array of systems, droids, and other technologies for use in future submissions and/or role-playing.”

Then for image credits, try doing a Google search for the image. Right now, you’re just showing us the picture, and not really crediting its author. I mean, it might be ArtStation, DeviantArt, or found on a webpage or article, but if you can link us to the original image or credit the author that would be terrific.

Under canon links, you should reference at least the ‘artificial intelligence’ article at Wookieepedia. Any submissions, articles, etc. that aren’t in canon (i.e. Wookieepedia, where either ‘canon’ or ‘legends’ is good) should be in the primary links section.

Now, on to “Production Information”, the only thing in this section that I would strongly encourage is that you put a link to your own profile as ‘Manufacturer’. Always give yourself credit for the stuff you make, you deserve it.

“Strengths” is pretty good too, although your second one about ‘Binary Communication’ might need to be rewritten to better explain your concept and avoid any possible confusion or misunderstanding. “Binary Communication”, does it refer to the computer language, or can it only communicate between itself and one droid or computer at a time, or can it only (insert descriptor)? It’s important with strengths and weaknesses to be as clear as you can. You have some solid ones, but might want to expand them a bit to enhance that clarity. Talk about PvP or combat a bit more. What systems can’t this A.I. interface with? Can it be sliced? What are the A.I.’s limits? How does it defend itself? Can it defend itself? See where this is going?

And here’s the big secret to writing descriptions? Ready? Take your special features and strengths and discuss them in detail, same for weaknesses. Take the intentions and inspirations and write a bit about how you came up with this idea, and some of ANI’s history, etc. Paint us all a picture and give us those juicy details that make a sub come to life.

I think if you give this a little bit of polish you might have a terrific A.I. here. If you’re going to use this as the basis of your character, you need to flesh it out and you’re already on the path to making that happen but I am going to encourage you to go a little bit further. Don’t forget to link the proper credit for the image you use – that’s a thing for us here, we work really hard to give credit where credit is due, same reason I encourage you to put yourself in there as manufacturer.

Tag [member="Alden Akaren"] and I when you have done this and we’ll take a look! I can’t wait to approve this, it really is a very cool concept.

[member="Visanj T'shkali"] editted again, and on the image source. This is actually the icon used by a super old game for it's AI model. The game itself is super old and has at least 6 different branch offs, so there is no way for me to locate the original author.

[member="Visanj T'shkali"]

I can link the game, but linking the developer is impossible. There have been hundred of independent devs for the game, each with their own branching version. I quite literally am unable to pinpoint anyone for credit. It comes with the territory of long-standing open-source indie games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom