Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angels of Demonsgate (Enemy Mine)

He pulled down his face mask and hood, a sheen of sweet on his forehead, and he made sure the grenade launcher on his rifle was ready. He panted and looked down at his thigh and put his hand on BB's shoulder as he felt the presence-one he didn't want to find out what-draw nearer.

"Damn BB, Those things are bad.... what are the chances of me making it through with thee infections?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Good Nate, your only in stage one buddy. Your body has the antibodies to fight this off this infection and I'm going to give you another boost to help. Your gonna feel sick, fever, sweats. This is all normal as your body ramps up to kick the infection out. I've been infected before too buddy so if my skinny green ass can beat this bug your gonna kick it no problem man. This last shot is well no other word for it but a battle stim, help you not feel the aches and pains so much while we get out of this."

BB administered the extra shots and couldn't help but feel like something was watching them. As he completed his care for Nate he took out his life signs scanner and after seeing the results said to Nate. "New life sign detected, second floor balcony, lets move slow and investigate..."

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

He felt the sting of the needle, and smiled at BB.
"You act... like you're a nobody kid,trust me..you're one of the best out there."

He rose with a grunt and shouldered his rifle. He inhaled sharply as pain shot up his leg, but he refused to let BB down.

"Flashlight on or off?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Lets go off buddy, night vision and all." BB said as he helped his friend to his feet.

BB leads the two up a stone flight of stairs as they walk the sounds of the sith spawn clawing at the building continues to build. BB knows that it is not if they break through but when they break through at this point and at least the roof of this building should give them a good pickup point. The life sign scanner begins to ping even harder as they approach the new life signs. Tracking to a room BB is now noticing a blood train leading to the very room their target has been tracked to.

Motioning for Nate to take one side of the door, BB takes the other rifle in hand. Nodding to Nate he rushes the room and instead of a suspected monster sees the feminine shape of humanoid badly wounded. Holding a small lightsaber she is breathing heavily and blood was staining her abdomen which she was covering with her free hand. With a frighten look in her eyes and sweat seeming to be covering her face BB could tell she had been infected and was in stage two, possibly three as he could not yet tell if chin legans were starting to form.

BB placed his rifle on the ground not wanted to look hostile and held out his hands to her showing he was not unarmed.

"Miss, please let me help you, your infected and I need to treat you now..."

BB's words trailed off as sound of a great collapse came from down stairs, it was soon followed by the skittering sounds of claw on stone....

The Sith spawn had broken through....

He heard the Spawn come surging up the stairs, and he aimed his rifle, and sent a grenade down into the darkness, the explosion illuminating the foyer. There were too many to count, he gave it a rough estimate of about 100 and he slung his rifle over his back and pulled out both his light-saber and his vibro-sword.

"BB... take her and get to the top, now... if...If I don't make it up in ten minutes, I want you to torch this place,"
He held out his hands and began pulling parts of the roof down on top of the spawn so he had time to talk.'

"No matter the condition she's in take her, I can hold them back as you get to the top.... Don't come back for me, this is going to be one hell of a exit strategy."
He looked at BB and flashed him a smile.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"BANTAM!!!!!!!!" Was all the two heard next after Nate's noble gesture. The sound was inhuman, like a mixture between a scream and a roar.

"Well Feth that is a new one..." BB said realizing his name must have come from the mouth of the brood mother. In all his studies she would be the only one sentient enough to be able to speak basic.

With no time to lose BB went to pickup the injured girl. Scared she weakly swung her saber at him, but he was able to grab her hand and deactivate the weapon. As he bent down to grab her she scratched him in the forehead and right eye.

"Ah KARK this poodoo," BB shouted as he pulled his BTI-DSG "The Hibernator" and stunned her. For better or worse she was coming with them and that was that.

As he carried her out he stopped to hand Nate, who was ready to fly into the frey once more, and handed him a Aurek Charge grenade.

"Weapon of last resort buddy, if you get close to that brood queen use this on her. It will stun her and all those in the blast zone. If you get a chance to finish the wretch off go for the eyes, best kill shot into her karking brain." BB said has he put his hand on Nates shoulder.

"And if you aren't on that roof in ten minutes I'm gonna come back down here and kill ya myself."

He took the Aurek Charge from BB and looked at the girl tossed over his back. He saw the scratch on his forehead and eye, and waved his hand over the wound, and it closed, leaving nothing more than a pink scar as he pulled out his blaster pistol and shot a spawn in the head over his shoulder.

"That is one loud queen down there, and at this rate you might have to carry me over your shoulder as well, because I'm going to shove this down her damn throat, getting my savage ass caught in the blast."

He clasped BB's forearm and smiled.

"Now get both of your asses up there, your rides inbound... E.T.A 5 minutes."
He holstered his blaster pistol and kicked a span over the railing, while slashing another's neck, halting there advance and giving BB time to get up to the roof.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB carries his incapacitated patient to the roof, as he does he injects her with the starting protocol antivirals and antibodies to try to stem the sith spawn infection that has taken hold. She is clearly in stage three with chit legions starting to form on her skin so he knows time is over the essence. Kicking open the roof door his sees that Starr flying toward them and opens up a comm to Sady.

"Girl, signal the med bay to ready for a stage three patient, this one is gonna be close."

As he waits he hopes Nate is doing well and doesn't try anything to rash.

He put in his earbuds and his bad-ass song kicked into gear (Metallica's One), as he swung the hilt of his sword a spawns skull, cracking it. He felt the tower shake, and the biggest, and slightly intimidating spawn rise over the others and lumber towards him.

"WHERE IS BANTAM?!?"
He turned his head as the mother roared, her rancid breath nearly killing him. Her eyes narrowed as he strangled the life out of a span with his hand.

"You gotta get through me first, you ugly queen."
He kicked away the dead spawn and picked up a piece up broken concrete from the tower, and slammed it into her head, and all hell broke loose.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB could still hear the infernal beast over the Starr's engines as he carried the still unnamed girl to the primary med bay. Laying her on an operating table she administered another round of antibody shots before placing her in a stasis pod. He would normally like to monitor her and see her progress but with all that was going on outside he still needed to get back to help Nate if he could.

Calling for all the Cyclops Battle Droids to aid BB went back to the roof only to find the spawn had begun climbing the sides of the building and were closing on the roof. Responding to the new threat BB and the droids not focused on holding the roof and Nate's escape route open as he battled the forces below.

He did a somersault as the Brood mother swung at him, and he stabbed both his light-saber and vibro-sword into her hand, holding on for dear life.
"OH SH!T!"
He vaulted over and tore his weapons out of her hand, and hopped from chitin to chitin until he reached her head. He looked over his shoulder and saw the spawn crawling up to the roof, and he growled.

"GET YOUR UGLY ASSESS BACK HERE!"
He Held out his hand, letting his raw adrenaline and pent up anger fuel him, and he tore the wall, The entire wall from it's place, and slammed it down onto the hoard of spawn trying to get to the roof. He smiled at his small victory, but it was short lived, as the queen saw her chance to kill the man who had just slaughtered her babies, she swung tail at him, hitting him square in the back, and sending him back down, into the foyer. Which was full of hungry spawns. He hit the ground and rolled a few meters, and his head spun. He saw hundred of blurred shapes rush towards him, and he new he was about to die. But he damn well wasn't going to die with out a fight, and his sword and saber cam spinning back into his hands and he stood and shaky legs, stabbing a spawn through the head, And kicked another as he was pushed back into a corner, the mother looming over her children, advancing ever closer. He remembered all his good time, and all the bad as he began to unleash his fury, despite his wounds.

Soon a pile of spawn corpse layed in a half circle around him, for he was slaughtering anything within range, and as he forged and opening, he hurled the Aurek Charge into the air and pulled out his blaster pistol. He felt he senses heighten, and he followed the charge with his eyes, and once it hit the queen he smiled, and aimed.

"Class dismissed, queen."
He pulled the trigger, and his aim was golden.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

He opened his eyes to the multiple smoking corpses of Spawn, littering the floor round him, a few screeching softly. He blinked a few times and rose slowly, his hand on the wall. He saw the brood mother, and he limped over to her, his blaster pistol in hand. He put his foot on her head, stopping her from rising. He held his ribs, sure at least two were broken. He pointed the barrel against her temple, and pulled the trigger, six times.

"Pleasure meeting you and your children... stupid queen."
He looked at the stair, and slumped his shoulders, for the stair were toast, totally destroyed. He holster his pistol and pulled his vibro-sword out of a corpse, pulling out a flare, he ignited it and Force pushed it up tho the roof as he fell to his knees in exhaustion and blood loss.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Nate was on a knee and in bad shape by the time BB found him. Kneeling down he draped Nate's arm over his back and helped Nate to stand. Together the two climbed the final flights of stairs to the waiting ship. With the Brood mother dead and many of the other infected with Sira-13 the brood would be greatly weakened and should be able to be mopped up by the cleanup teams. For now BB needed to get Nate and his new passenger the care they needed.

As BB sat Nate down on one of the exam tables he injected him with a bacta solution and more fast acting pain killers to help with the pain.

"You did real good Nate, the brood queen is dead and this brood is just about finished. Time to rest and heal, I have the main bacta tank prepped and ready for you. Go take a well deserved swim and tonight we can finish up the report and celebrate."

His head swam, and uncontrollable urge to kill, started to form in the back of his head, and he struggled to contain it. He put his hand to his head and groaned softly, panting.

"Lock... the door.. after I get in..."

He slowly rose, using BB shoulder for support. He looked at him, and was pretty sure he just made the poor kids explode as all of his emotions flooded trough his hand and into BB. He snatched his hand back, and steeped back.

"Don't... ever fuel... yourself using rage...."

He groaned again, his vision faltering as he crumpled to his knees again.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Pain and rage filled BB's mind, it was wild and uncontrolled. As it lingered BB felt his repressed emotions bubble to the surface, pain of loss, visions of suffering, needless death. These were the things the now filled BB with wrath and he needed a place to vent them.

"In to the Bacta they fool!" BB shouted as he lifted Nate and threw him into the tank.

The feelings of pain were over overwhelming, he needed a place to vent so without properly setting up the tank BB just left and Nate floating while he marched down to the cargo hold. Picking up a large wrench he began slamming it down repeatedly upon anything around, and when that wasn't good enough he began beating objects with his bare hands. BB understood these feeling had to be released and not suppressed so with every once of will he had he forced the out on to the nearest inanimate objects he could find.

He saw BB's eyes flash with all of his emotions and he instantly realized that he was karked. He was then promptly tossed into the bacta tank, and watched BB storm out, and down towards the cargo hold, he tried to reach him, but instead all he could do was get the respirator, and lean against the wall of the tank. So he did the only think he could; he focused On BB, and used his rusty skills in telepathy to try and calm him down, which wasn't much help, since all of this was mental and his fault.

Bryce, listen to me... don't give in... focus on the good times you had,,, think about that
Torgruta girl you met, just don't give in!
That was the last thing he did before blacked out.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB barely heard the words but the message was enough to break him from the frenzy. Coming down he looked as his bloody shaking hands with discust. It happened again... the fury was let loose, but he was able to control it long enough so no one else would be hurt but was ashamed it happened at all. After wrapping his knuckles with a cloth he found he walked back into the medical bay to see Nate now resting fully submerged in the bacta solution. Walking over he placed his hand on the plastoid cylinder and said.

"Rest up buddy, you earned it..."

Blood from his hands began to drip upon the floor and BB went over to a counter to bandage his wounds. Kark I hurt myself more than those damn spawn today, he thought. As he cleaned and wrapped the knuckles of each hand he flashed back to what he had done only a few minutes earlier. He was now worried that something like that existed in him. That monster of wrath could pour forth from him, but unsure of how to handle it he put those thoughts from his mind. Instead he would bury himself in work, and try to save the poor soul he had in stasis.

Those minutes he spent floating in the bacta tank, turned to hours and those to nearly a full day and a half. He had been in a never ending night horror, all of his fears, regrets and anger were pulled from the deepest reaches of his mind, and were used to torture him. He helplessly watched over and over again his parents and only sibling get slaughtered, and then the death of his Master, and the future deaths of all of his friends and those he held dear. The things he was put through for those long 36 hours, would be the equivalent of a solider returning with PTSD, and enough to bring many people to the brink of suicide, and he was indeed teetering on that fence, but he knew that that wouldn't help anyone.

He woke, his heart racing, his mind in pieces like a shattered glass window, and tears in his eyes. He pulled out the respirator and crawled out of the tank, falling to the floor on his knees and palms of his hands, the liquid dripping down the bridge of his nose. Time slowed down for him, and the drops would slowly rain down, splashing on the floor, and he counted them,

One...Two... Three,

He used his Master's old trick, to clear his mind in those times when he has no faith or hope in the light at the end of the tunnel.

Four... Five... Six...

He inhaled and closed his eyes, struggling to push the uncontrolled feelings of hate and fury out of his consciousness.

Seven... Eight... Nine....

He opened his mind, letting the good and bad flush out, and he was then and only then, focused.

Ten.

He slowly rose to his feet, and held his hand to his head as he slowly made his way out to the conference room, using the wall for support. He stumbled into the room, and nearly fell, bashing his head against the table, but he caught himself, and slid gratefully onto the couch. He spoke softly to BB, feeling like someone had placed the weight of a star ship on his shoulders.

"...How... how are you?"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

While Nate had been healing in the tank BB had been feverishly working to save the young girl they had rescued. Stage three was 80% of the time untreatable but luck was on BB's side and this was no ordinary girl. From the time BB had been scratched by her he knew she was not fully human, that and the eats and tail. His scans showed she was in fact Croa, a species his data banks registers as Sith Spawn but she was like no spawn he had ever seen.

Her physiology was unique and a welcomed challenge to handle as he needed something to help him work through his rage and he could think of nothing better than helping others. treatments, surgeries to remove the chit legions that were beginning to surface, more treatments, it had been an exhausting twenty hour marathon to stabilize her but he had done it, and now let her rest in med bay two's bacta tank to heal.

BB had just returned after a troubled nights sleep to find Nate picking himself up from the floor on all fours.

Nate the Bounty Hunter said:
"...How... how are you?"
"OK, Nate I won't lie, it has been a rough thirty six hours, but I'm alright, how about you?"

He gave BB a grim smile and tried to rise on shaky legs, but he toughed it out and went to put his hand on BB's shoulder, but remembering what happend last time he snatched his hand back. He felt like poodoo for putting his friend through that, and along with the last 36 hours of night horrors he had, he teared up a little bit, something he never did.

"I am so sorry... I karked up, and let my anger get the better of me, and then I sent all those feelings coursing through you, and now..."

He sighed and looked down at his hands as a single tear fell from his eyes.

"If what you went through was anything as bad as mine, I am terribly sorry... but I take it our friend we picked up is in stable condition?"
He added the last part to try and take the brooding mood out of the room.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom