Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angels of Demonsgate (Enemy Mine)

*WHERE

Demonsgate (planet)
Type: Terrestrial
Temperature: Hot
Atmosphere: Type I (breathable)
Hydrosphere: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Volcanic plains
Length of Day: 31 standard hours Length of Year. 224 local days

Capsule: Contrary to its appearance. this planet possesses a temperate biosphere full of life. The ionized particles that orbit it bleed off into space, throwing off radiation across the spectrum, the visible portion of which falls primarily into the red. orange, and yellow wavelengths. making the debris attracted from the surrounding Rift simulate furious, writhing flames; hence, the planet's nickname: "Demonsgate”. In general, the planet has little surface water; the bulk of Demonsgate's water supply can be found beneath the surface of the planet. Many creatures thrive in that environment, however; an abundance of life forms burrow through the rock strata to the water underneath.

In addition. the planet suffers from extremely violent geologic upheaval. Volcanoes and underground lava floes strike the massive subterranean lakes and rivers, causing massive steam geysers to blast through to the surface.

*WHEN
Three months after the liberation of Demonsgate. The planet is still trying to pick up the pieces from the BR invasion from over a year ago and in the grip of a sith spawn plague. As the people of Demonsgate struggle to put the pieces together and the brave men and women of the Kathol Outback carry out humanitarian work, attempting to make help this embattled world.

In orbit above Demonsgate aboard the Nade Gitt

Another outbreak... this makes three in as many months. These damn sithspawn are relentless, just when you think you have them beaten another brood pops up in a totally unrelated spot. BB poured over the data as he sipped his cup of Mali juice. It was a welcomed taste of home for him. The outback was remote and his shipments of relief supplies from Biitu had only just now begun to arrive.

Those weren't the only things coming today, news had reached him that a stranger he had met a few weeks back had decided to join up with the outback for a tour. Any relief was welcomed at this point, with a whole sector to defend their resources were stretched dangerously thin and merc's were becoming the life blood of operations on Demonsgate.

Taking another sip he checked the clock, time to head to the airlock. That transfer shuttle should be arriving soon.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

He stood with his arms crossed as he watched the Nade Gitt approach. He made sure all was in working order on his ship, the Vixen. He self-consciously patted his waist, where his light-saber lay concealed. As the two ships drew closer he primed the airlock, and pulled up his hood, but kept the face mask down.

"Lets see what this is all bout"
He activated the airlock as the two ships halted side-by-side, and then made his way down.

BB met Nate at the airlock as he entered and smiled seeing he came in all badass with his mask down.

"So how did it go with that girl on Corrisant?" BB asked with a wide smile still on his face.

BB wasn't sure if the Merc remembered him or not be he knew he wouldn't have forgotten that looker he was making time with the last time they met. The fact he was still in one piece meant either things went well or he must be a damn food fighter. Either way it was good to have another sword hand in the fight.

"Oh and welcome to the Kathol Outback, its' about time we go to work." BB said before motioning to the hall beyond.

He smiled at [member="Bryce Bantam"] and patted his shoulder.

"Oh, yeah.... I had no troubles with that hottie, she got a piercing but yeah, lets get to work."
He stepped into the hall way and looked into the open door of a room full of medical equipment.

"So what the plan of action captain?"
He turned back around and looked at him, and he pulled down his hood and ran his hand through his hair.

BB lead Nate down the hall to a waiting lift, they needed to discuss the plan as they had few resources for this mission. Arriving at BB ship The Shining Starr BB lead Nate to his conference room and offer him a seat and a glass of Biituian wine. Firing up holoprojector his began playback of a more recent encounter with the Death fiends.

"So you ever play with Sithspawn?" BB asked motioning to the horrors being displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEuSwLhwObM

"Well a new brood has popped up near the Phink mining settlement and it is our job to take it down. Can we count you in on the fun?" BB asked.

He would smile and wave aside the drink as he stood with his arms crossed, looking at the planet that loomed below.

"Trust me kid, I've seen worse, much worse, things so bad you'll wish your mother kept her legs closed..."
His smile faded as he thought of his mother, but he regained his bravado and turned around.

"Yeah, you can count on me... I need to vent out a little bit, and now I have some ugly-ass aliens to do just that... any civilian settlements nearby?"
He would then move his cloak to the side and make sure his vibro-knife was a full capacity, as well as the vibro-sword over his shoulder.

He examined the playback and tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"Weaknesses, Strengths, I need to know what those things eat for freaks sake, If were going on the offensive I will sure as hell need a advantage.. but then again... I am a advantage"
He gave a wicked grin and looked over his shoulder at [member="Bryce Bantam"].

"What are you armed with?"

"As for the settlements yes these things always pop up near population centers, that's half the fun. Good thing is we already have teams in the area holding a perimeter. I also personally inoculated most of the citizen in the nearest settlement so they won't be propagating much more. Issue is these things are borrowers, dig in like ticks and won't let go. Only way to end the threat is to take out the brood queen, so she is our target." BB said while pulling up a 3D model of an autopsy he did personally.

"Capabilities, they got claws like vibroblades, four per bug. Spit acid 10 meters too, oh and their chit hides are blaster and saber resistant so that is fun. But they got weaknesses, their eyes, groin and spaces between their chit plates is soft and squishy. So that's where you aim for." BB said point those points out on the model.

"I usually hate killing anything but in these things case I'm all about making an exception. So I usually will go in with my trusty R-7 Blaster rifle. So unless you got any other questions lets get you your shots and head planet side."

He smiled and made sure his light-saber was within easy reach and looked at [member="Bryce Bantam"].

"Lets go kick some ugly ass and waste that queen,"
As BB said, he went back to 'bad-ass mode' and pulled up his hood, this time he snapped the face mask into place.

With Nate's vaccinations completed BB took the Starr planet side to the outer mining settlement where the disturbances had first been reported. Signs of the violence that had transpired here was visible on the streets that were littered with blood dried in the arid Demonsgate air and rotting body parts. BB hated these Death fiends, or Po Sauʻai in his native Biituian tongue.

The two walked passed the barricades and TKO soldiers that manned them. With the remaining citizen evacuated the area had an creepy feel. Store windows still had their welcome signs on, restaurants with overturned tables and chairs still with doors open and ready for the lunch rush. This town was taken by complete surprise and many had lost their lives to these beasts.

"Heaviest bio readings are three blocks north, should be a good place to start." BB said as he pointed down a long road way littered with burning speeders and more bodies.

"You ready?"

He nodded and made sure his blaster rifle was primed and he took a quick glance down the sight.

"Yeah, I got your six"

He cleared his mind, and smiled as he was sure happy for his face mask; it kept out all the stench, and let the Force flow through him.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

The streets in this area were cleaner than the ones they had been walking through. This side of town must have missed out on the initial attack, but the empty quiet of it was still no less disturbing. As the two walked BB began to notice holes both in the ground and in the buildings around them. Holes made by lower stage burrowers. Taking out his scanner BB now saw it was pinging on movement from under the asphalt which they now walked. A unsettling though came into his mind... the cridders were looking to surround them.

BB's heart rate picked up as he searched around, they needed higher ground, something that would not allow the creatures to pop up from under and ambush them. Keying on a justice building he motioned toward the large stone stairs that led up to the large stone door.

"Nate they got the low ground we need to go higher, head to the justice building before we get swamped down here!"

He heard the crack as the creatures crawled up, and he sent a blaster bolt through the first one that got too close eye. He then One handed his blaster rifle and pulled out his saber-staff, and ignited one of it's purple blades.

"Go, go go! I got you!"
He swung his light-saber at another, and shoved the blade deep into the gap between the plating on it's back.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB was on full auto, firing behind him for effect to slow the fiends down because their were to many to single out. Soon making it to the stairs he he looked back to see Nate running just behind him while dispatching one with a well placed saber strike. BB continued to pour on the fire taking more careful aim as he lowered to one knee. As he did the Sith Spawn continue to pour out of their holes and he was now realizing how badly the intel was off on the possible number of these beasts. With few option he radioed out to the command center their position and numbers of enemies he was seeing. With any luck an evac team could make it to them in time. Till then they had not other choice to stand and fight.

He saw BB go beast mode and he smiled, but it faded as more kept coming. He activated both sides of his light-saber and sent it flying like a boomerang into a spawn behind BB. His aim was gold, and his light-saber spun and landed directly in the spans eye, coming out on the other side. He smiled, feeling a sense of pride, but that pride was replaced with pain as a spawn mauled his thigh, it's claws digging into his flesh.

"OH YOU DUMB queen!"
He tore the span off of him, shot another and grabbed it by the jaws. The spawn screeched as he pulled, and tore its jaw from its head. He then shoved the jaw into another's neck, right in the gap between its plates.

If this was a smaller brood as reported BB and Nate would have had no issue dispatching them, but from the shear numbers now being thrown at them it was becoming painfully clear this infestation was much larger. BB was now desperately on the comms trying to secure extraction...

"What do you mean the Starr is down for maintenance? We're in the middle of a kraking operation and you decide it's time to do some maintenance?.... No I don't care if it was overdue, get those engines back online and pick us up Sady.... How long.... Got it, we will be a these coordinates." BB said.

The augment had been him and his astromech left BB with few options. With all other assets tied up the Starr was their only way out of this mess. That was till T7-S8E decided to clean out the injector ports and ground the ship. The swarm was to big for the few soldiers that guarded the settlements edge to help to it now looked as if retreat was the only option.

"Nate, get inside the justice building, we need to buy time till our pickup arrives!"

He kicked a spawn in the head, sending it flying backwards.and almost simultaneously ducked as another jumped at him. He ran over to BB and tore his light saber out of the corpse of a spawn and started blasting.

"Go! Get in there already, I can handle-"
He was cut off as two spawns jumped onto him, one clamping it's jaws on his previously bit thigh, and the other on his back, leaving long grooves in his back as it clawed him. He growled and swung at the spawn on his leg, Shoving the light saber down its throat. As for the other spawn, he ripped it off of his back and slammed it onto the ground. As it started to rise, he stomped on its neck, and felt it give out with a satisfying CRACK.
"I can clearly handle myself; and besides you are much more valuable then me, I'm expendable. Just get your ass in there already man!"

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Expendable my green backside, fine we pull back together, leap frog style with one covering the other, got it soldier!"

BB wasn't normally one to pull rank but even with as good as Nate was he wasn't about to risk a life that wasn't he own. Racing back to the door he found a nice shady spot to set up shop and slammed home a fresh power cell. Taking aim at the incoming beasts he fired for effect again and slow down the charging critters to allow Nate a chance to fall back.

"Ok hero I'm back safe now move that shiny armored ass and get over here!"

He smiled at BB awesomeness and deactivated his light saber.

"Shiny ass?"
He vaulted over a speeder, and he did it coolly too, and ran over to BB's position. As he reached him, he turned around and help out his hands.

"Hold them for a second!"
He grimaced as he channeled the Force into him. He gave a slight grunt of exertion as the building next to them exploded, and it came crashing down, right on top of the advancing Spawns. He exhaled and fell to his knees, as blood seeped down his thigh and back.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB triggered the buildings blast door and it slid down quickly locking the spawn out for a time. He and Nate were now in a marble hall surrounded on either side by stone pillars. Once a hall of justice its heavy construction would slow down the beasts hopefully long enough for their ride to get here. Turning to Nate, BB began at once to apply clotting agents to his open wounds then to reseal Nate's armor with a plastoid resen.

"Need you to take off your helm buddy, your infected now and the inoculations I gave you should work but I want to give you a booster and some stims to make sure."

As BB worked he soon began to noticed the corpses of Sith spawn laying on the ground in the room they now rested in. They were fresher kills, and ones not slain by them.

Leaning toward Nate BB said..."That door will keep the things outside at bay for a bit, but look around at the floor discretely. Something other than us killed those spawn in here... we are not alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom