Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Anderahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niacal.png

Name: Anderahl​
Region: Unknown​
System: Ka'a​
Suns: 1 G type star - Ka'a​
Orbital Position: Fourth planet from the sun, Mid Habitable Zone​
Moons: Three moons - Drex (Pronounced Draysh), Caroon and Verdahl​
System Features: First planet is Andrex (Andraysh), Second planet is Haveth, Third planet is Tyroom, Fourth planet is Anderahl, Fifth planet is Arnexu. There is an asteroid belt between the Fourth and Fifth planets, rich in basic ores (Titanium, Duranium, Bronzium).​
Galactic Position: Tygara/Midvinter Hex, towards the bottom of the Hex​
Rotational Period: 27 hours​
Orbital Period: 347 days​
Class: Standard Terrestrial​
Atmosphere: Type 1 Atmosphere​
Climate: Temperate​
Gravity: Slightly above Earth standard​
Primary Terrain: Primarily Rainforest terrain on primary (largest) continent. Tropical rainforest near equatorial region, temperate rainforest in mid to northern regions.​
Native Species: Arboreal Panthers (Similar to Corellian Sand Panther), Manka Cats, Nerfs
Immigrated Species: Humans, Twi'leks, Bothans, Assorted other Sapient creatures​
Primary Languages: Galactic Standard​
Government: Hereditary Absolute Monarchy - Feudal​
Population: 5 billion sapients (53% Human, 20% Bothan, 14% Twi'lek, 13% Other)​
Demonym: Ander​
Major Imports: Luxury Goods, Specialized Electronics, Workers​
Major Exports: Food (Grains, Meat, Nuts), Precious Gems (Rubies, Sapphires, Diamonds), Warriors, Basic Ores (Titanium, Duranium, Bronzium)​

Major Locations:

futuristic-city-wallpaper-20.jpg
-Vaersin: Capital city of Anderahl and seat of power for House Rahl. Most commerce and Extraplanetary travel goes through Vaersin. Vaersin is home to a great university, University of Ka'a, as well as a premiere military academy, Rahl Military Academy. Vaersin is located in the equatorial regions, amidst a vast tropical rainforest. As such, Vaersin hosts a thriving tourism industry, catering to people who wish to experience a virgin jungle, or at least relax near enough one to "Say they've been there." Due to the high heat and humidity of the equatorial region, Vaersin hosts mainly arcologies that are interconnected via subterranean walkways and 'skyways' that connect the arcologies at various heights. There is the possibility of street travel as well, for those who do not mind to sweat.​

jungle_mining_by_unfor54k3n-d47fgk2.jpg

-Kaenre: Second largest and only other city on the planet aside from Vaersin. Kaenre is the center of tribal culture that has taken root on the planet. Kaenre is located in the northern region of the main continent and boasts a booming tourist industry and guided tours of the surrounding temperate rainforests, rolling plains, mountains and ruins. Kaenre is also where the majority of the food processing happens, before the products are shipped off world via Vaersin.​
1-swinsid.jpg
-Kaerva: Within easy traveling distance of Kaenre is the ruined city locals call Kaerva. The site boasts a vast area of buildings in the late stages of ruination, along with several stone circles situated around the city. The site has become part of the tribal culture that the original immigrant population has raised on the planet.​
Culture: The culture of Anderahl is a mish mash of cultures from around the galaxy, as many people have immigrated due to the abundance of both skilled and unskilled labor needed on the planet and in the surrounding system. The largest culture, however, is the one that has been brought up from the original settlers millenia ago. This culture, encompassing mainly Humans, though anyone is welcome, centers around tribes that are devoted to the Mother Anderahl. The original settlers settled in two places on the main continent, the current sites of Vaersin and Kaenre. The history between these two tribal centers was often bloody warfare. Eventually, twelve major tribes took power in various areas of the main continent. They were the Saami, Nueri, Tahl, Rahn, Kaer and Thorwn in the area near Kaenre and the Tavi, Yuel, Coril, Vahn, Pwanli andShior in the area around Vaersin. Nearly a millennium ago a council of tribal elders has attempted to reconcile the tribes. To this end, seven hundred years ago, the leaders of the tribes formed the House of Rahl. They set up a schedule of sorts between twelve major tribes to intermarry. This makes the House of Rahl not only very large, but it also commands the loyalty of the descendants of the original settlers.​
Religion: While all religions are welcome on Anderahl, within reason, the largest religion on the world is that of Drahlin, the Animistic/World Mother type religion devoted to Anderahl as a mother goddess. While every Ander knows that they were not made by Anderahl physically, Anderahl is the Mother of their Soul. No one knows where or how the Drahlin religion began, it seems to have started as a grass roots religion within the first few generations of the settlement and spread upward. What is known is that the human and other new settlers who practice Drahlin utilize spaces left by whatever culture had lived on Anderahl before, particularly the stone rings of Kaerva and their attendant city. As an animistic religion there is no overarching hierarchy to the belief, though generalizations can be made. The most common type of follower identifies with the predator mindset. They train from early in their lives to fight, hunt and live as predators. Their most common roles in society are military, police, business executive and governmental roles. The second most common belief set is that of prey. They are not subjected to being actually hunted, unless they commit crimes that fit such a punishment, but rather have a mindset that is tailored more towards caretaking and hearth management. They are trained from a young age to take care of many of the domestic roles such as food makers, hospitality industry, general workers and caretakers. There is a third, rare belief set. It doesn't go along with the predator or prey aspect, but rather is of the rest of the natural world. This third set takes the singular role of ensuring that Anderahl itself thrives despite anything the either two sets do. Rather than the House of Rahl, their first and only loyalty is to Anderahl. While these shamans of Drahlin don't have true political power, it is woe to a Rahl or other official that doesn't weigh their words heavily in their decision making.​
Technology: Galactic Standard in the major cities, Below standard in the rural area.​
History: Four thousand years ago, Human settlers from many Inner Rim worlds banded together and settled a planet called Anderahl in the Ka'a system. There were signs of previous habitation, but the buildings left behind by whomever built them were already ruins when the first of the current group of settlers set foot on Anderahl. The first few generations set up two cities, one was Vaersin in the equatorial tropical zone and the other was Kaenre in the northern temperate zone. As always happens with recenty settled worlds that do not need terraforming, the technology level dropped a bit as the cities developed. The cities vied for control of the planets abundant resources, and for nearly three thousand years the cities warred even as they spawned nearly identical cultures. Seven hundred years ago, the leaders from the tribes of the two cities came together and formed the House of Rahl. They instituted arranged marriages between the twelve major tribes on a set schedule, allowing for the one House to have the loyalty of all tribes. At the time of the Gulag virus, the people of Anderahl were prepared to come out into galactic affairs en force. They had a thriving tourism industry and a good trade in ores and minerals mined from their asteroid belt. However, the virus struck hard. Nearly a third of all life, sentient and not, were killed. Those who survived became more insular, trade dwindled to nearly nothing and only the wealthiest still came to visit. Anderahl's peculiar tribal culture grew even more distinct from galactic culture, and even more so during the four hundred years darkness that followed. It was only in the past few decades that the tourism industry on Anderahl has picked back up to pre-gulag levels and a new mining consortium was being instituted in the system. However, it was the recent experience with Netherworld, an event that again struck a mighty blow to the populace of Anderahl, that hardened the will of the House of Rahl. Alone, they would only become more insular. With the end of Netherworld, the leaders of House Rahl sent envoys to several galactic powers to open formal relations, and also sent envoys to several corporations to enter talks for use of land on Anderahl or anywhere in the Ka'a system. Negotiations with these companies wouldn't be easy, the people of Anderahl are predators in and out of the boardroom and would make sure that Anderahl and Greater Ka'a got its cut from any company that would use their land.​
Notable PCs: None​
Intent: To create a planet for Taryc to eventually train on and maybe take over​

System Features: First planet is Andrex (Andraysh), Second planet is Haveth, Third planet is Tyroom, Fourth planet is Anderahl, Fifth planet is Arnexu. There is an asteroid belt between the Fourth and Fifth planets, rich in basic ores.
Please detail what ores can be found here.

Major Imports: Luxury Goods, Specialized Electronics, Rare Minerals/Ore, Workers
What rare minerals and ore? Defining them as rare will require a bit more extrapolation here.

Culture: The culture of Anderahl is a mish mash of cultures from around the galaxy, as many people have immigrated due to the abundance of both skilled and unskilled labor needed on the planet and in the surrounding system. The largest culture, however, is the one that has been brought up from the original settlers millenia ago. This culture, encompassing mainly Humans, though anyone is welcome, centers around tribes that are devoted to the Mother Anderahl. The original settlers settled in two places on the main continent, the current sites of Vaersin and Kaenre. The history between these two tribal centers was often bloody warfare. In the more recent centuries a council of tribal elders has attempted to reconcile the tribes. To this end, seven hundred years ago, the leaders of the tribes formed the House of Rahl. They set up a schedule of sorts between twelve major tribes to intermarry. This makes the House of Rahl not only very large, but it also commands the loyalty of the descendants of the original settlers.
The culture section, I'm afraid, is a bit of a mish-mosh of information that isn't very clear. It's also missing some key information. Remember, you want people to come away from reading this planet sub with a solid idea of how they might write a citizen of this planet. We're looking for more questions answered than raised.

Is there a name of this major culture/religion centered around the Mother Anderahl? Can you please go into a bit more detail about this religion. Who is Anderahl? What is her significance as the centerpiece to this religion? How did the religion form? What types of worship does it entertain? Are there churches or places of holy importance that the followers visit? Are there holy days that they observe? Do they have rules/laws that they abide by according to religion? Since it also plays a major role in the ruling family of the planet, how does this religion cross into the governing of the planet? Is there separation of church and state or do the major religious leaders (your council of tribal elders) hold sway over the ruling within the Monarchy?

The sentences in red above contradict themselves in reading. You first state that recent centuries an attempt at reconciliation occurred, but that in effect 700 years ago a major tribal House was formed. 700 years ago is not recent by any throw of a hat, so take another look at your timeline here and sort that out.

It might also behoove you to name and canonize your 12 major tribes in order to give people some solid starting ground.

Taking a look at your history - you'll need to beef that up a bit, too. At least reference how the planet coped with the Gulag Virus, and also the effects of the 400 year darkness. Adding in reference to the recent Netherworld event would also be good.

There's a lot to work on here, and for planet submissions that's always a given - planets are a major undertaking. But it does look good so far and I do love the scene you're painting for it. This planet has a lot of unique promise. :)

As a forewarning, there will likely still need to be further edits after this, but I didn't want to throw everything at you all at once. Tag me when you've made the requested changes above.

[member="Jacen Rahl"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

First off, I wish to thank you for taking your time to review my submission. It means a great deal to me.

I edited along the lines you suggested. I removed the rare ores import as they wouldn't have any need for ores other than what they can mine themselves. I clarified what they mine from the asteroids and also added them to the exports list. I beefed up my history, though I am shaky on the timeline so if I messed that up please let me know. I named all twelve tribes that entered into the House of Rahl and split them between the areas of the two main cities.

I welcome any more critiques and suggestions.

This is looking much better, and I like the points you added on how the Gulag and the Netherworld events have affected the people of the planet, causing them to branch out. Good job there.

Let's get back to your Culture - you've missed my questionaire for it and I'd like to see the religion built upon. Religion is a major part of lore, and since it's even mentioned then it needs to have some meat on its bones.

Go through this and fill out your culture section with the answers to these questions:

Is there a name of this major culture/religion centered around the Mother Anderahl?
Can you please go into a bit more detail about this religion.
Who is Anderahl?
What is her significance as the centerpiece to this religion?
How did the religion form?
What types of worship does it entertain?
Are there churches or places of holy importance that the followers visit?
Are there holy days that they observe?
Do they have rules/laws that they abide by according to religion?
Since it also plays a major role in the ruling family of the planet, how does this religion cross into the governing of the planet?
Is there separation of church and state or do the major religious leaders (your council of tribal elders) hold sway over the ruling within the Monarchy?

Any other information you can come up with feel free to add.

[member="Jacen Rahl"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

I have input a whole section for the religion. While I didn't go step by step in answering the questions, I do believe I covered all of the aspects you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom