Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private And in the darkness...bind them

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
There were a few words that he could discern at first glance around the pedestal, and even more that he thought he could figure out with enough time spent studying them. Alisteri decided to let Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru read them though, instead occupying himself with looking over the pedestal. Say what you want about those cryptic old Sith, they knew how to carve stone.

His gaze turned back to her as she spoke, hesitantly pulling the glove from one of his hands before taking her hand. "Between the two of us, I'm sure that at least one of us is 'gifted' enough to make it work right?" He did his best to hide how much he was praying that his blood would work, even if he was only giften enough to make the vault accept their entrance.

This whole trip meant almost nothing if he wasn't even able to open the vault without assistance.

370d9lz.png

She shook her head. "I already know I'm not. My family's done something similar with me as I grew up. Even what I can do as a Sangnir isn't true sorcery. Just a benefit of the species." Alina turned his palm upwards as she spoke. Her other hand gripped his glove, pulling it off before she took off her own. She'd run a single nail across Darth Strosius Darth Strosius 's palm, it oddly sharp. Easily able to cut flesh.

"Fill the basic with some of your blood, then channel your hate into it. Like when you figured out how to use lightning. Empower it with the Dark." She stepped back then, replacing her glove as she watched him. It was all on him now.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"...Ah I see." Chit. It really did rest on him then, unless they could cut through the door. Then again, he had little doubt that it would be so simple to get in there, it had been sealed all this time after all. Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 's remark about the Sangnir did catch his curiosity though. He made a note to try and read up on the Sangnir more at a later time, see what all they could do whether it be rumor and myth or not. Well, they with him being included of course.

Alisteri didn't flinch as the nail cut into his skin, although there was a small tilt of his head in confusion. Oddly sharp. "Right...here goes everything then..." He held his palm over the basin and watched as his blood began to drip into it.

His eyes slid closed as he focused, feeling each drop as it left the wound in his palm.

As it fell, he summoned up what anger and wrath that he could. He wasn't just here for himself after all. His cult relied on him. They needed a strong leader, someone to mold their rage into something worthy of being called revenge. Prosperity awaited them in the arms of the Dark Side, and he would have to lead them there. He needed this holocron to do that. And he would get that holocron.

Soon enough, the blood in the basin began to shift and seemed to almost glow in some spots. The sacrifice, to his surprise, had bwen accepted. All at once the sound of stone moving began as the blood within the basin suddenly erupted in a dark red flame, the door ahead of them beginning to slide open.

370d9lz.png

The fact was that she could only watch. It was an oddly helpless feeling, hoping that Darth Strosius Darth Strosius could carry his dreams and desires further on his own. She wanted nothing more than to be able to help him. And yet, it turned out he didn't need her help. Her eyes widened behind her mask as his power was revealed. Affecting his blood to finally show what his potential could be.

Her gaze shifted to the door.

"So you are a sorcerer."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
At first his only reaction to the door opening was a sigh of relief and a slight slump of his shoulders. At first anyway. "I can't believe that worked." There was a small laugh in his voice, quickly pulling his glove back on as he glanced between the pedestal and the now open door in disbelief. "Sorcerer is a bit of a generous title I think, Alina. Let's focus on earning the Sith part first eh?"

Another chuckle left him as he looked back at Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , still almost in disbelief at the sight of the open door. He cleared his throat and pulled the holoprojector out to look at the map once more. "Right right, should probably get back to finding the holocron now. Save the celebration for later." Thankfully there was just a corridor ahead, but it was shrouded in the same darkness as the stairway had been. Something about it was unsettling in a way that it hadn't been before. Almost as if...something is in there...

370d9lz.png

There was an almost pang of jealousy coursing through her body. Him born into slavery, her born into nobility. Yet he had the one trait she lacked. Without it, she was treated more like a slave. If he'd been found sooner, there was no doubt in her mind he would of been treated as nobility. The ability was that rare. She followed behind him, nodding once.

Later they could celebrate.

Her form stiffened as the flow around them seemed to cease. Something in the darkness was there. Watching? She gripped her saber tighter, eyes narrowed behind her mask. "Be warry of a guardian."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He didn't even hesitate to reignite his lightsaber, never taking his eyes off the darkness ahead. He did take a couple of steps forward into the corridor, but he didn't get too far. The darkness stopped him, not physically of course. There was an almost sinister presence to it, one that he had felt before. In a canyon that seemed to have been so long ago now, the Dark Side had been there.

It had seen into him and drawn out a test for his mind. He had beaten it almost too easily, and now it felt like a rematch.

Thankfully, he had Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru this time.

"Right...the question is what the feth-"

A bolt of red suddenly pierced through the darkness, nearly beheading the masked man as he quickly ducked. "Incoming!" Another shot fired their way, and then another. Soon the darkness slowly seemed to recede to reveal an ancient Sith wardroid slowly marching towards the pair as it fired at them. Even as old and decrepit as it was, it moved as if it was brand new.

Alisteri blocked the first two bolts with a growl of frustration. "What is that thing?"

370d9lz.png

Chit.

Alina twisted herself out of the way in the incoming shots, her eyes narrowed in utter annoyance. Of course there were more literal guardians of the tomb. And a droid no less. She recognized the style of it at least. Old. Really old. Like Malgus' tomb. She hissed under her breath as she leveled her saber, battering away another of the shots.

"War Droid. Try and fry it's electronics!" Too many shots were being sent their way. Unlike most Sith or Jedi, she couldn't sense where the shots were coming from. Only react to what she could see. At least her armor was better at taking shots.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"War Droid?!" Well that certainly sounded deadly, and the rate at which it was firing gave little illusion as to how it got such a name. He blocked another shot and stepped to the side to narrowly dodge a second one. "How is that thing even active? It looks ancient!" And he thought that those old smuggler ships were ancient. Then again, they weren't products Sith engineering he supposed. Why aren't we still making these things?

Alisteri blocked another bolt before rushing forward, ducking under two more shots as he neared the droid. He had no idea where the droid's systems were, but he could at least try and get one of the blasters offline.

Well, 'try' being the keyword of course.

Right as the lightning began crackling in his free hand, the droid quickly turned and slammed one of its arms into his chest while the other kept firing down the hall. He gasped for air, feeling the blaster cannon press into his stomach. An almost feral growl left him as he plunged his sabre through the middle of the War Droid, his free hand clamping down on the blaster and sending bolts of lightning straight through it.

After a moment, the droid slumped down. Chit. That was close...

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Sith build things to last." She'd laugh if it wasn't so dangerous. Alina could only watch as Darth Strosius Darth Strosius was the one to charge in, hissing under her breath. This was where she was supposed to excel. The droids attention seemed to switch, though, once the acolyte got too close. That was enough for her to burst through the waves of blaster fire and close the distance.

Just in time to watch the droid short out and crumble to the ground.

The woman kept her blade up, waiting for another to possibly arrive. None yet, but that didn't mean there was only one.

"Eyes up. We best hurry to the holocron."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
It took a moment for him to catch his breath, pushing the droid's arm away as he glanced at Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . "Built to last indeed." He muttered as he stepped away from the droid.

"Yeah, we need to get going before another one decides to turn up."

There didn't seem to be another one, not near them at least. The darkness began to recede once more, revealing more and more of the hallway that lay ahead of them. It didn't go on for long, ending at an open doorway. Seeing what was beyond that was difficult from their position. Another problem was that, according to the holoprojector, that doorway was not supposed to be there.

Alisteri muttered a curse under his breath and glared at the doorway as if it had offended him. "You ever get the feeling that the old Sith had some impractical practices? Because I'm feeling that, right now."

Oh well, nothing to do but move forward he supposed.

370d9lz.png

Alina kept her saber alive and high up, trying to light the darkness as they walked through. Even with their new forms, this darkness wasn't so easily seen through. Certainly unnatural. Illusion, perhaps? Hard to tell. She could kill the Force and perhaps the reality would be revealed. Or, she'd insult the ghosts of the Sith that watch this tomb. And cost Darth Strosius Darth Strosius his chance to find the holocron.

That she couldn't bring herself to do.

"I imagine it's part of the trial. You might as well put that map away. Whether it's simply wrong or not, it's not going to be of any use. What do you feel? That's usually a good way to find the source."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Admittedly Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru had a point, but he was fairly reluctant to disregard the map entirely even though it did seem...well just plain wrong thus far. A small frustrated sigh left him as he put the holoprojector away, instead focusing on the path ahead. Well that's the better part of two days of research wasted. With any luck, it would all be worth it at the end of this little venture.

"I feel...I can feel the holocron somewhere ahead but it's clouded. Almost like something is obscuring it, and whatever that is feels....almost excited in some way..." Something about that didn't fill him with confidence.

The moment after the pair of them had stepped through the doorway, a door suddenly slammed down behind them. A door that Alisteri could've sworn wasn't there before. He twisted around, his lightsaber at the ready in case anymore War Droids or whatever else made themselves known. Nothing moved except for the ever-present dark however.

The room was soon revealed around them, slowly lighting up from lights across the walls. They were in a small round room, with another doorway at the other end. The doorway was also closed however. The only other thing in the room was a simple standing mirror, in the dead center of the room.

"....It's...it's a mirror?"

370d9lz.png

The door closing was a bad sign. Like, really bad. Alina's gaze immediately shifted to it as she lifted her saber, ready to strike at what might of been revealed. Nothing. At least there wasn't a threat, but the way back was gone. Another trial? Darth Strosius Darth Strosius 's voice pulled her attention from behind them. A mirror?

".. I imagine there's some dark sorcery with this. The Sith don't let things go for free. Stay alert, but we'll likely need to interact with it to keep going forward."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"You know, it's moments like these where I hate how right you are." Something about the mirror just gave him a bad feeling. Like something was there, instead of just the mirror. There was no other way out that he could tell, both the doors were closed and he doubted that cutting through them would be the proper way to go. He was going to have to approach that accursed thing.

Alisteri glanced back at Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru before he began walking towards it. His steps were slow and careful, almost as if he was expecting something to pop out from behind it. Oddly enough, the mirror didn't seem to reflect the world around it. The masked acolyte however, was very visible in the mirror's reflection. He stopped a few steps from it, glancing up and down the surface at his own reflection.

Hesitantly, his free hand reached forward to touch the glass. Nothing stopped him, and he set his palm against the surface. It feels cold...too cold. He moved to pull his hand back, but it wouldn't budge.

"I wonder..." A raspy voice spoke, echoing throughout the room. It seemed to come from the mirror, as odd as it sounded.

Oh feth this! He feverishly tried to pull his hand away, grabbing onto his arm and tugging in an attempt to let go. It still wouldn't budge. "Such an eager and desperate child you are...eager and desperate for that which you believe you can control..."

The darkness began to seep in around them, seeming to coalesce around the mirror as the reflection of Alisteri tilted its head independently of the acolyte's own movements. "But how can you hope to control such things...when you have no control over yourself?" He could feel his breathing speed up, a sense of dread setting in as the mirror began to shift and reflect something else.

370d9lz.png

Alina blinked. To her, nothing had happened. To her, Alisteri was pressing his hand against the mirror and.. Nothing else. He was there, still as a statue. Worry filled her mind as she got closer to him. ".. Ali?" Her voice had mild concern. More as Darth Strosius Darth Strosius didn't answer. Her gaze shifted to him, then the mirror.

No. No no no.

She reached out, trying to pull him away from the mirror. She couldn't pull him away.

"Damnit! Snap out of it!"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Seemingly unaware of the world around him, unresponsive to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , Alisteri kept pulling as the mirror began shifting to reflect something else. Something from his memories. First it was when he had broken free and slaughtered the pirates that had captured him, then it was when he had lost his hand and flew into a wild rage. "You've tried to fool everyone, you have even fooled yourself...to think that you're anything but what you are. A wrathful slave."

The mirror soon showed something that made his blood ran cold. Zygerria, but only the aftermath. Him helping the escaping refugees on the evacuation ships, and then he noticed just how many of the refugees seemed to be wearing shock collars. "You never even hesitated....did you?" Several scenes flashed before him and he recognized them instantly.

Each one filled him with equal parts fear and anger.

"The Zygerrian slave owners...they had just fled their home with nothing but the clothes on their back and what few slaves they had managed to bring with them...and what did you do to them? Oh, we both know..." Familiar screams filled his mind as the images of him butchering the slavers filled the mirror. He had hunted them down, one by one. All across Dromund Kaas, from the moment the evacuation ships had landed.

He had spared none of them.

"And don't pretend that you did it for their slaves...don't pretend that you were a liberator. We both know what you wanted...you were chasing that which you couldn't have...revenge."

370d9lz.png

Alina's gaze turned to the mirror, rage in her eyes. What was she supposed to do? Shatter it? No, there was something there. Something that could hurt him if she did anything. Frustration boiled over as she turned away, eyeing the rest of the room. There had to be something, anything, she could do to help Darth Strosius Darth Strosius . Who knew what kind of trouble he had gotten into? What if he needed her?

That gave her pause. Their relationship. Her need to protect him, and him her. Were they holding each other back? No, she'd gotten stronger so she could protect him. But wasn't that holding him back? She lifted off her mask, setting it aside as she hugged him from behind. Hoping that might do something. Remind him of their promise to be strong together. But ultimately it was his task to survive.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Revenge is natural! I am an Acolyte of the Sith, I'm supposed to be passionate and vengeful!" He nearly growled out the words as he continued to fruitlessly try to pull away from the mirror. The voice only gave a low hum in response, seemingly unimpressed. "The Sith are masters of emotion, we use it to our advantage...but you are controlled by yours..."

What does it mean by that?

The scene before him shifted yet again, and it caused him to halt entirely. It seemed so simple, a small room. Well, his old room. Kessel. In Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru 's hold, he trembled for just a moment. Inwardly though, he was screaming in a blind rage. "See? You see something so simple...your old home, and you're set off...like a beast...not a Sith..."

"Silence!"

The voice actually paused, more so out of curiosity than anything else. The vision before him faded, but it was by his own will. He had no desire to see that accursed place ever again. "Like it or not, I am here! For thousands of years you have sat uselessly wasting away in this vault! You want to see a proper Sith? You'll never find one here. I found you because of who I am! I scoured for days, when it seemed impossible, just to find this place. I will not leave empty handed!"

Silence settled over him, hearing nothing but the sound of his own breathing and seeing only the sight of his reflection.

The next thing he knew his hand had left the mirror and he could feel someone's arms around him. He quickly looked back, seeing Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru and sighing in relief. He turned and threw him arms around her to return the hug, idly hearing the sound of the two doors sliding open. "Alina! Are you okay? Did that thing hurt you?"

370d9lz.png

The movement wasn't lost on Alina, but that didn't mean Darth Strosius Darth Strosius was freed. She stayed where she was, simply hoping he could survive whatever trial this was with his own power. Her eyes opened as he turned around to hug her back. The relief was instant as it washed over her face. The hardened expression earned from war shifted to one of near tears. It made her look more like the barely adult woman she had permanently become than a Sith Knight.

"I'm fine. I was.." She cleared her throat. Not here. Not with danger still around. Alina hugged him closer again, hiding her face against his shoulder before stepping back to replace her helmet. "You survived. We should keep going."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom