Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anakin Skywalker

Braxus Enoreth said:
So I heard through several articles that Anakin Skywalker was slated to return as a force ghost in Ep. 7 and may appear in 8 since he was obviously not in 7.
So I heard through several articles that Anakin Skywalker was slated to return as a force ghost in Ep. 7 and may appear in 8 since he was obviously not in 7.

What do you guys think? I'd love to see him return!

From what I understand nothing was slated, so much as Hayden Christiansen said that he'd love to do it and that he's been getting into acting shape again if called.

Personally I'm all for it. Honestly, while Anakin has cringe worthy moments in the Prequels, the more I watch them the more I think that he was just doing exactly what he was told. This matches up with interviews which reveal that Anakin wanted to play a more brooding, darker character but Lucas told Hayden that the way he thought he was going to act was not the way he actually was going to be. I don't think he was bad at all. I think he perfectly conveys how frickin' weird Anakin is with his infatuation with Padme, and honestly is the exact kind of behavior I've seen in real people. There is a certain... authenticity to his acting that I like. Even if it is absolutely uncomfortable to watch.

I have faith it would be handled far better than the overall tone of the Prequels, and we have to remember we can't ignore what has gone on before because they are just as critical to the story now as 'TFA'.

As long as the reason is valid, and delivered in a way akin to the return of Obi-Wan in 'TESB', I'll be happy to see it for plot and character development.

Braxus Zambrano said:

There's concept art of a Anakin/Vader hybrid ghost. It was during the stage where nothing was set in stone - so it was just drawn for ideas and whatnot.

But that same concept appearing in a movie? That'd be cool. The new trilogy doesn't have a Force ghost yet.

Ricochet

R
I would love to have a moment of a Jedi-era Anakin appear then morph into a Vader ghost just to tell Kylo, "You are a fool and can never be like me." As a sort of ambiguous warning and also guidance.

I heard the same about an idea they had that Anakin could've appeared in Episode VII as a spirit torn between the Anakin and Vader personas.

I think that'd be something really cool to see in Episode VIII, in a manner perhaps similar to how Obi-wan appeared to Luke on Hoth but perhaps for Rey or Kylo or whatever.

[member="Sabena Shai"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom