Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Unexpected Reunion (Cronos)

Lexa tried to meditate in the darkness of the part. She became calm and felt the force floe through her. But just when she became perfectly focused, an image stabbed its way into her mind. It was of screaming, blood. Death...... She gasped, opening her eyes. This was not good. This was not good at all. She rose and began slowly walking blindly in the dark, not caring where she was going. This vision....it ate away inside her. It haunted her. No matter what she thought of, she couldn't just forget it. This troubled her deeply. She was going to have to figure out how to prevent it. And soon.....
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
I had come to jungles of Naboo to investigate the Beck-Tori, a specie of sea creature capable of using the Force to heal. I wanted to study them and their methods, and perhaps, if I was capable, discern a way to replicate the feat. I'd landed my fighter in the city, and made my way out into the wilderness on foot. The sea was only a few kilometers away, and the dark was no hindrance to my journey. I merely used the Force to see, releasing myself from its shielding cloak. My mind free, I noticed a familiar presence some miles away, in the wild, untamed reaches of the humid jungle. I reached out with my thoughts, focusing on her signature in the Force.

Lexa Kimene...

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Qhorin Solas

Q
Further into the jungle I went, following my senses, awareness spread wide across the area. Lexa's mind was a mess, her stress echoing loudly through the Force. I found myself worried. I didn't have many friends in the galaxy, and she was one of them.

I'm coming. But I couldn't help but wonder... what was the problem? I sped up, running faster and faster until I was little more than a blur. I'll be there soon. What's wrong?

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa began walking faster, trying to find Cronos. She walked until she was at the edge of the jungle, near the end of the park. Cronos, I had a vision. Something is coming. I don't know when, and I don't know what it is, but it's going to kill. It's going to KILL.........
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
Ah, a vision. Visions were more trouble than they were worth. Making sense of them was as complex and complicated as making sense of the mysteries of the universe. More often than not the truth of a vision wasn't revealed until after the truth of the matter had already passed.

Lexa, however, sounded quite sure that she understand the message revealed to her in the Force.

We'll be ready. Fear not.

I found her on the fringes of the jungle, no doubt searching for me as I had been searching for her.

"I'm here."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa would have greeted him happily under normal circumstances, but this was different. "We need to figure out where my vision came from," She said quickly, starting to pace. "I.....I would have meditated longer, but.........But I couldn't........." She couldn't finish the sentence. In truth, she was afraid of what she would find once she meditated again.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
"We need to figure out where my vision came from," she began, pacing back and forth. "I... I would have meditated longer, but... but I couldn't..."​
"If you don't at least try, we might not discover the threat until it's too late." I couldn't imagine what sort of menace might inspire so much fear in such a strong woman. "I will help you." There was nothing in the universe I feared, save my own death. "But you will have to let me into your mind." And I will have to let you in mine.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa stopped, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. "Alright. Let's do it." She stood in front of him. She took his hands in hers, and closed her eyes........

They stood in a field. The sky was black with ash. Around them, fires burned the ground. The scene changed to a city. Fire was everywhere. People were in the streets, burning alive. Their screams filled Lexa's ears. Even when I burn someone, I make it hot enough so that they die instantly, she thought. Those who were still alive ran with fear down the street. Some began falling to the ground, suffocating from the smoke, or falling and hitting their heads. When Lexa looked at her feet, a river of blood ran underneath them. Oh my God, she thought, fear beginning to tug at her insides.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
"Alright. Let's do it."​
She walked in front of me and grasped my hands, before closing her eyes. I gave myself to the Force, to its rushing currents, and touched my mind to hers, sinking into its depths. The physical world faded away, giving way to the void, to the magnificent imminence of the Force.

We were in a burning field beneath a sky of black ash. We were in a city of screams and burning flesh, of buildings brought low by flame. Blood ran beneath our feet in thick rivulets.

It was a harrowing scene, but I accepted it for what it was: a scene. A scenario. A possibility, and one that, sadly, was all to common in the galaxy. How many beings had died terribly during the course of time? There wasn't a number to express the sheer amount. Infinite trillions; death had existed for as long as life. The Force had known many deaths, welcomed many souls into its embrace.

The vision could be literal, or metaphorical... it was impossible to tell. But we would never know the truth if Lexa could not release her fear.

It hasn't happened yet, Lexa. It won't happen. You can stop it; we can stop it. You have to let go of your fear. Fear saves nothing. Use anger if you must, but conquer your fear.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa breathed in deeply the scent of the ash, closing her eyes in the vision. Smells like my childhood, she said. The scene began to move them, even though their feet did not. Now they stood in a courtyard. The flames were emanating from this place. And in the center of this chaos, for people stood. Each of them held a red lightsaber........
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
The scene shifted. We were in a courtyard, at the heart of the flames. Four shadows stood in the center of the fire, red bladed lightsabers humming in their hands.

I didn't recognize their faces, but I knew who primarily carried such blades. Sith.

Do you recognize them? Or this place?

Would this happen here, on Naboo? I wasn't familiar with its locales.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa squinted, trying to make out their faces. No. I've never seen them before, she admitted. She observed the courtyard more closely. It appeared to be the one in front of.......the palace? I think I know this place. It's the courtyard in front of the palace in Theed.......

Lexa snapped out of the vision. She knew where they must go now.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
Theed Palace...

"My ship is nearby. We shouldn't waste any time."

I led her to my Naginata, racing through the jungle with great haste. It would be a tight fight, but we could both fight inside. It wouldn't take anything more than a few minutes to reach Theed in the space fighter, and then we could put her fears to rest.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa thought about the innocent lives that were so close to being taken. And who was going to take them. Her eyes narrowed, beginning to glow. "I'm going to ROAST them. I'm going to tie them to a post and ROAST THEM ALIVE......" She hissed through her teeth. They weren't going to live through this. Of that she was certain.....
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
Lexa's anger was palpable, so thick and heavy it took effort not to feel it. I could understand her rage. I felt it myself, slowly building in the pit of my stomach, as hot as the flames of her vision. "It will be hard to roast a Sith," I explained as I landed the Naginata at the docks of Theed Palace. "When they create their synthetic lightsaber crystals, they do so in specialized furnaces hot enough to turn carbon into crystal. I have done this myself."

I pulled out my lightsaber and reached out with my senses. "It will take more than fire to fell them." I activated the blade, indicating my meaning, then followed Lexa as she led us to our foes.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa jumped out of the Naginata, walking swiftly up the street to the palace courtyard. "I don't care HOW HOT it has to be. My flames are going to make them WISH that they had never been BORN," She snarled.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
I followed behind her, activating my lightsaber.

"Do you feel them?"

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Lexa stopped once they reached the courtyard. All was quiet. raising her head to the sky, she closed her eyes, and listened. She could hear mothers putting their children to bed, guards beginning their night shifts, and men talking in cantinas. Nothing was out of place. Nothing was odd. She sighed. "Nothing. Not even a little bit...." She remained as she was, the moon illuminating her face.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
I didn't notice anything amiss in the courtyard, even when I reached out with my senses to scan the area. I saw no signs of conflict in the Force, only the last vestiges of the distress and fear from Lexa's vision. I couldn't even feel the distinctive stench of the darkside, let alone a quartet of Sith. Lexa, likewise, could find no evidence of the Sith.

"Maybe they haven't arrived yet," I replied, staring up at Naboo's moon. It was possible that Lexa's vision was of a future weeks, months, or even years away. "We can do nothing now but remain vigilante."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom