Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Unexpected Meeting

Time: 8:00, local Zodasian time.

Tag: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Glar Ulchtar was sitting on a bench, outside of the small hotel he was staying at. He was wearing an outfit which almost screamed “guy on a vacation”, with the exception of the Pyke mask on his face. He was enjoying a cold drink of ice water, which was a complementary item from the hotel. The weather was sunny, and just the right temperature to be outside.

Glar was happy in this moment. He needed a break from constantly being on the run from the Pyke Syndicate. And it seemed that he was lucky enough to have found the perfect planet to hide on. Zodasia was far away from the Pyke Syndicate's sphere of influence, and was relatively isolated. He couldn’t stay forever of course, but a week or two here couldn’t hurt.

After Glar drank the last of his water, he threw the disposable cup into a nearby trash can. As he was getting ready to sit back down on the bench, he noticed a somewhat out-of-place looking Human man walking in his direction. While Humans weren’t uncommon on Zodasia, this one seemed different. He looked fairly unassuming, but Glar could easily tell that he was powerful in the Dark Side of the Force. He didn’t seem like a bounty hunter, but Glar would have to be cautious with him. He would start the conversation with a casual question.
“Enjoying your stay here?” Glar asked politely. This fellow didn’t seem like the type of dark side user who would just immediately try to murder him for simply asking a question, so Glar felt safe asking this.

Malum was simply put.

Bored.

He had come out to this Unknown Regions, to this planet, as he had heard that there was much to investigate, much to dig out from the ground, much of worth and reward. And most certainly there had been, much of it had already been excavated, and while there was much still left, mayhaps even most of it, at this point he was getting rather bored.

He was a scholar, an academic, and though he was much more hands-on than most in that profession, digging down into the dirt, chipping his nails, and sweating buckets, was far from what he would like to be doing. So instead he had come to this hotel, to spend the last of his time on this backwater in comfort before he returned to the Lochris and returned to Sith space.

Though of course, he then encountered a new problem.

Malum was simply put.

Bored.

Thus here he was, walking around the hotel, aimlessly, without much purpose, as he awaited something, anything, to cure his boredom.

It was in this bored state, that he almost missed the thin Pyke that called out to him.

Malum blinked once, then twice.

The Pyke did not disappear, instead, there he was, his question still in the air. Not many would speak to a Sith, though to be fair, it was not as if he looked the part, his ocean-blue contacts were in place, and his lightsabers were out of view. Still, Malum could sense that the Pyke before him was far from a civilian as well, a force sensitive.

Seemed that his boredom may be cured after all.

"As much as I can be, this has been a very interesting world, I have found much of use," That was partially true, he had found some items of interest, that he had carted off to the Lochris, "The better question is what a Pyke is doing so far away from Oba Diah?" Malum responded, a small smile gracing his lips.

Glar Ulchtar Glar Ulchtar

The man seemed to be caught off-guard by Glar’s question. After he answered, Glar said something himself.
“Yes, this world is certainly unique. As for myself, I have also found something useful here.” Glar replied cryptically. He was of course referring to a hiding place from his pursuers.

When the man asked his own question about what Glar was doing here, he thought for a moment.
“Well, I think you’re smart enough to figure out that I’m not just here on a vacation, so I won’t pretend that I am. As for why I am actually here, let’s just say that its because of the Syndicate.”

The Syndicate, so well known that which syndicate it was, need not even be mentioned. The Pyke Syndicate, one of the premier spicer spice traffickers, the greatest of the Spice Cartel, and indeed one of the most dangerous criminal organisations of the galaxy. What possibly could this Pyke have done to be on their radar?

It seemed his boredom was going to be resolved after all.

He sat by him on the bench, giving a cursive glance around to make certain no one else was within earshot, and indeed, that this was not a trap.

"And what did you do, to have the Pyke Syndicate after you?" It was not his business frankly, and he did not care too personally about it either, but a story was a story, and a story could resolve his boredom, so he gave the Pyke his rapt attention.

Tag Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

This man was certainly curious. Glar didn’t blame him by any means, he would probably be asking just as many questions if he was in this man’s place. But Glar did not quite trust this man enough yet to answer all of these questions. And he had a question of his own.
“That question has an answer, but first, I would like to know your name. When telling these sorts of stories, I appreciate knowing who I am talking to.”

"Malum of House Marr-taniel," Malum said, his eyes widening a fraction, as he almost gave out his cover, so used to saying those words, it was an almost instinctive response to such a question, "I and my kin are from Eliad," all that was true, though likely not in the way that the Pyke would assume, and if he was one in the few that would attempt to research his story, he would find a House Marrtaniel easily enough, "Though, currently we are in exile after the Sith conquest," The conquest he participated in, but the cover story that would evoke the most sympathy from most in the galaxy.

Simple fools.

"As I have given you my name, I think it is only right that I have yours as well, what is your name, my good sir?" Malum queried, looking him up and down, the Pyke did not look noble, nor exactly important, though his travels had taught him much regarding contents and covers.

House Marrtaniel. Glar had never heard of it, but his knowledge of the planet Eliad was limited at best. All he knew about it was that it was in the far Outer Rim, and was essentially irrelevant. He was certainly unaware of the Sith conquest of the planet. For that matter, he was only vaguely aware of the Sith Order reforming. Getting news on Galactic politics hadn’t exactly been his priority for the past few months.

Either way, Glar would have to be careful not to mention his interest in the ways of the Sith to Malum. It was not that Glar particularly cared about Eliad, he was simply polite enough to not say something that he thought would insult Malum. He would decide to focus on their shared state of exile.
“You are also an exile? Then perhaps we have more in common than I thought.”

Glar did find it a bit odd that someone strong in the dark side of the force would be running from the Sith. Perhaps he was a Knight of Ren or a dark force-sorcerer of some sort? That would be a question for later.

Then came the question about Glar’s name. He was not sure if he was ready to reveal his full name yet. There was also the problem of his last name providing an obvious connection to Glar’s father. But then again, on the off chance that Malum was a Syndicate bounty hunter, he had almost certainly figured out who he was already. Besides, the last time Glar had tried to use a code name, things had not gone well for him. For now, he would only mention his first name.
“My name is Glar. Unlike you, I am not a member of any particularly important houses.” Thanks to his exile, the part about not being part of any important families was technically true, but definitely misleading.

Last edited:
There was something in his story that did not fully add up, Malum just could not tell what it was. Was he lying about being an exile? Possibly, but at the same time, it was a tad much for both of them to be lying about being exiles, no? Was it the name? Possible again, though he had only offered his first name regardless, so he evidently had something to hide, he doubted unless the man was somehow amazingly renowned, that a single name would give him the information needed. So the final part of his story, is that he was not part of any noble house. That again was a possibility, that he was hiding something, and indeed the man before him did not exactly scream to him as an uneducated commoner, nor did he have the wide-eyed appearance of one surprised to see nobility, exiled or not.

Did that mean he was nobility himself?

Possibly, but truly, even if Malum had a feeling there was something more, he did not at currently have any hard evidence to back up such suspicions. best to keep going, see what he would reveal, and make some more educated conclusions.

"Indeed, seems we do have something in common, you have my name, and I have yours, perhaps now you can tell me why you are an exile, and of course my first question, why are the Pykes after you?" Malum asked, a forged sympathetic hue on his face, anything needed to gain what he needed, "Perhaps I may be of assistance, I do have some considerable resources at my command," Malum knew people were more willing to talk, if the carrot of assistance was waved in front of them, and of course, if he needed any explanation of why he had such resources, he could simply say he was a noble.

It seemed that it was time for Glar to explain his story. He would have to be careful about how he did this, in order to not contradict anything he had said up to this point. However, Glar did intend to mostly tell the truth.

“My story? Well, up until recently, I was a high ranking member of the Pyke Syndicate. However, I had some… disagreements with the Syndicate Leadership. I attempted to seize control of the Syndicate myself, through a non-violent takeover. I failed, of course, but I managed to escape Oba Diah. Now I am in hiding, here on Zodasia.”

After saying all of this, Glar stopped talking, and waited for a response.

A high ranking member of the Pyke Syndicate? Very interesting. It seemed his suspicion of nobility was not far off from the truth in a certain sense. Malum would consider him more merchant of burghur perhaps, without the proper breeding and station to be considered true nobility, but it was an impressive show regardless.

And a high ranking member that had fallen from grace, after an attempt to seize control of the Syndicate. Now that was perhaps even more interesting. Malum could respect the attempt for what it was, ambition, even if it failed. Even if he himself would not have considered the non-violent approach when making a coup, it was regardless an ambitious attempt.

Moreover, if he had to flee, and was being actively hunted, did that not mean he still had some influence, some power on Oba Diah? He was still a threat.

There was much to be said about the benefits of having a puppet in control of the Pyke Syndicate. Much to be said to control such a profitable and powerful portion of the criminal underworld.

"I see... my condolences for your loss then, still, would you say you are preparing for a counterattack, to retake your position within the Syndicate? Perhaps... take what you believe to be rightfully deserve?" Malum asked, his eyes blazing their red hue, as his blue contacts concealed as much as they could.

As Malum gave his response, Glar could feel a slight shift in the force around Malum. His blue eyes were gradually shifting to a purple hue. Glar found this interesting, but he decided it would be best not to mention it.

On the subject of a potential counter attack, Glar had been considering one for a long time. He had been planning on improving his power in the Dark Side before making any serious attempt, but now, he was starting to reconsider. If Malum was telling the truth about his “considerable resources”, then perhaps more training wouldn’t be necessary. And besides, it was no secret that experience using these abilities was just as important as training.

“I have considered attempting to seize control again for a while. This time, much less peacefully. However, at my current power, I do not believe that I could do it by myself. While I do possess some… unusual fighting skills, they would not be enough.” Glar explained.

“I have also selected a potential target for where I might strike against the Syndicate first. I have considered taking over the branch of the Pyke Syndicate which operates out of the planet Niamos. The Pykes operating on the planet control the flow of spice, coaxium, and other products. The leader of the Pykes there is a rather odious Pyke named Xoj Camond. If we can take him down, the rest of the Pyke Syndicate will be much easier to take over.” Glar continued.

Malum nodded idle-mindedly as he considered the Pyke's words, he considered himself too weak to do this himself, that was perhaps a fair enough view, and indeed Malum himself knew little to confirm or deny it, but it was not exactly as if Malum by himself could take on an entire criminal enterprise himself.

He would need the Guard's assistance.

Unfortunately, not everyone could call upon a small elite army whenever they were required to overthrow a hostile organisation.

Certainly not most exiles, and if he was a betting man, certainly not this Glar by the looks.

That really was a good thing, sure the Guard and himself having native reinforcements would make things easier, but if they had to provide the majority of the support for this Pyke to take his rightful place among the Syndicate... well it would be quite a while before he could bolster enough support, remove those disloyal, he would be reliant on him entirely, which meant he could enforce whatever terms required to make him malleable to his interests.

Now, this operation sounded sweeter and sweeter the more he considered it.

"Unusual fighting skills, you say?" Malum had an inquisitive look on his face, his own mental stupor broken as he wondered what exactly that could mean. Considering the Pyke had thus far kept quite a few of his cards close to his chest, he did not trust what answer he would give. He activated Consume Essence, its invisible shadowy tendrils latching onto the Pyke, and...

He was a Dark sider.

He was taken aback, he knew he had been Force Sensitive, but did not consider him to have been trained in it, somehow if he had trained himself it would have been in the Light.

But no, here he sat, a Dark sider.

This made all this so much more interesting, now Malum felt a tendril of obligation to his fellow, perhaps he was looking for one to train him in the Dark arts, Malum himself may not be the best candidate, but he himself was only an apprentice.

But he could likely find someone, or at the very least, teach him the basics.

All very interesting.

"Well, I am glad you are no fool then," If the man had proposed a direct attack on Oba-Diah... that would prove problematic, at the very least it seemed he had put some thought into this endeavor, very good, it meant the man would be more ally than puppet.

And he truly wanted both.

Malum stood up, stretching his legs, waking them up from their conversation.

"Give me a few days, and my forces will be assembled here, and we can be on our way to Niamos, does that work for you?" Malum said, turning to look at the Pyke, the Guard was in a nearby system, the House of Marr was rich yes, but Malum saw no reason to be strapping his family of credits, especially when the Guard was not being specifically used, thus, they were out on a spicing expedition... or more accurately... requisitioning spice, for their own purposes.

What could he say, Malum did like credits, and the Guard definitely liked being paid.

"Do you have anything else you want to tell me?" Malum added at the end, he did not expect much more, but it was always polite to ask.

Glar listened intently. It seemed that this deal would work out for both of them. Glar would gain support from an influential nobleman, and his forces, and Malum would gain an important foothold in the criminal underworld. Glar would definitely be the junior partner in this plot, but this did not concern him greatly. Even if this takeover on Niamos was a success, it would still be a long road to Oba Diah.

Then, Malum asked about Glar’s “unusual fighting skills” that he had mentioned. Glar thought to himself for a moment. Given that the prospect of actually taking the fight to the Pykes was looking more and more real by the second, Glar decided it would be best not to lie to or mislead Malum about this.

“Yes. I happen to have posses a… natural talent which some people call the “Dark Side of the Force”. I have been attempting to train myself in using it more effectively, but it is a gradual process. I am aware that the Sith Order also uses it, and have been honing it using many of their ideals. However, I can assure you I am not affiliated with them as a faction in any way.” Glar explained.

At this point, Glar still assumed that Malum himself was not a Sith. Instead, Glar thought that he was a Dark Side user belonging to some other group, or perhaps an independent like himself. Glar’s only concern about this was potentially insulting Malum, by admitting that he semi-followed an ideology whose originators had (supposedly) exiled Malum from his home planet. Glar had no desire to derail the deal over something like this.

Malum stood up, and told Glar that he would be ready in a few days.
“Excellent. That works well for me.” Glar responded. Then, Malum asked if Glar had anything else he wanted to tell him. Glar thought for a moment, and then responded. “No, I think I have told you everything important.”

Malum offered a smirk, reached up to his eyes, and swiped off his blue contacts, his red eyes now visible to the Pyke. He almost had to laugh at the words the Pyke gave him, though considering the reasonings, and context, he refrained for the moment. To simply explain to him of all people what the Dark Side of the Force was, was near insulting, but Malum had hidden things rather well, so he could not blame the man too much. Though his words regarding how he was independent, and reassuring him that he had no allegiance with the powers of that be among the Sith.

Well, that was enough for Malum to break out into a chortle.

"I think if we are being honest, we should do things correctly. My apologies for the record, I could not be sure of most things regarding you in the beginning, and thus... well some white lies were permitted, I am sure you can see the necessity of that," Malum spoke his red eyes shining brilliantly, ridding any doubt the man before him was Sith, "I am Malum, of House Marr, descendent of the great Darth Marr, and I am of the Sith Empire, apprentice to the Queen of Shadows, Darth Ophidia, the most powerful woman of the Empire, and equal to the Emperor." He said it all with only the slightest sprinkle of pride.

What could he say? He had brought House Marr far, far higher than the rest of his House in the recent past.

Now his response would be important, if he wished to make a ruckus, Malum would unfortunately need to dispose of him.

But if he accepted the situation for what it was, recognsing the immense resources that were now open to him to take Oba Diah, not just the resources of some exiled noble on this backwater, fleeing from Eliad, but an apprentice of one of the strongest individuals of the Sith Empire.

Would the Pyke see it for what it was? He was Dark after all, they shared that in common.

Would it be enough?

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

So, something was not as it seemed with Malum after all. Glar was not exactly shocked by this revelation, but he definitely wasn’t expecting it. The fact that Malum had lied about being a Sith did not especially bother Glar though. Lying was a necessary part of being a Sith after all, and Glar had not exactly been forward about his own nature.

In all honesty, Malum being not only a Sith, but an important figure in the Sith Empire would be excellent for Glar. A connection to a legitimate power in the Outer Rim would greatly strengthen Glar’s claim to leadership of the Pyke Syndicate in the eyes of the public. Not to mention the fact that the resources of an important Sith descending from Darth Marr himself would far eclipse those of a random exiled nobleman. It almost seemed too good to be true.

Of course, now that Malum had told Glar his secret, Glar would need to tell him something important that he had neglected to mention up to this point.
“If we are going to make proper introductions, I should tell you my full name. I am Glar Ulchtar. I am the son of Jej Ulchtar, the leader of the Pyke Syndicate.” Glar assumed that Malum knew who Jej Ulchtar was, but he decided it would be best to clarify it, just in case he didn’t. “My apologies for my earlier reluctance to tell you. This is not the sort of information that I can safely reveal on a whim.”

Last edited:
Jej Ulchtar, it was not a name that he knew well, but it was a familiar name. It was difficult after all for one to conduct business in the underworld without knowing that name, as Glar pointed out, the man was the leader of the Pyke Syndicate, the Grand Wsjirari he believed the title was called in their tongue. He was clearly not a man to be crossed, especially considering the other facet of the man, the fact he was a Sith Lord.

Darth Exalton, a successor to those Sith that had been left adrift after the fall of the Sith Empire, those who had neither joined the ascendant Brotherhood of the Maw on Exegol, nor the burgeoning Sith Order on Jutrand and instead had used their independence to amass wealth and power in the Outer Rim. Darth Exalton was perhaps the most successful, keeping his independence as the Brotherhood fell, and as a new Sith Empire was declared, safe on Oba Diah, with influence that spanned the universe through both his influence amongst the Sith and his leadership of the Pyke Syndicate.

Well, it would certainly be an uphill struggle for them, but it certainly added some lustre for an apprentice to bring down such a man, with his prodigal son in tow.

He could not call himself bored now, excitement raced through his veins.

"Well then Glar Ulchtar, I believe this is the beginning of a wonderful partnership," Malum stated definitively with a smirk on his features, and an offer of his hand for the Pyke to shake, "And no apologies are necessary, I completely understand, but know now, that you will be safe amongst me and my Guard... perhaps I can even teach you some things," More carrots, to draw him further and further onside.

(OOC: I am so sorry for the wait on this).

Last edited:

When Glar mentioned his father’s name, Malum definitely seemed to recognize it. After he took a moment to think about it, he extended his hand for Glar to shake, and confirmed that he held no ill-will towards Glar for not being entirely truthful at first. He obliged, firmly shaking Malum’s hand to seal the deal. Glar was not sure about it, but he had a nagging feeling that by doing this, he was taking his first step into a larger world. A world of the Sith.

Once the handshake was finished, Glar began speaking.
“So, you mentioned that your personal guard will be assembled here on Zodasia in a few days. Until then, I imagine we should prepare ourselves. I suppose we could discuss how best to defeat Xoj Camond and his operation in finer detail. Or, I suppose we could have a sparring match to gauge each other’s abilities. I assume you wield a lightsaber?”

Last edited:
"A Sith is trained since birth to do many things at once," Malum announced with a smirk, breaking off his hand from the Pyke, and within a second seeming to have suddenly travelled a fair distance from the seat they once occupied. A hand went to his side, before he hesitated, quickly glancing around, in his excitement Malum had seemed to have forgotten they were still in a rather public place, ending his musings as quickly as they began, he unclipped the lightsabre from his side, revealing it underneath his cloak, "Yes I do, will you require one? I keep a spare." Well, less a spare and more an extension of his abilities, still, he doubted Ulchtar would require him to draw a second blade, Malum would wager that his inexperience in the Force extended to lightsabre combat.

Still, he idly noted, it would do no good for either of them for him to underestimate the Pyke.

It was the self-trained, or even privately trained that seemed the most unique, or creative with their abilities.

Clipping the lightsabre back underneath his cloak at his side, he took a few steps closer, "Perhaps a spar right now may not be the best for either of us unless you know a locale more private than this bench?" A bench that anyone from several leagues could spot, "Tell me then of his Xoj Camond, do you know him personally?"

Malum’s sudden movement from the bench to a decent distance away took Glar by surprise. Had he actually moved that fast, or was something else? Glar had read about Force-created optical illusions and mirages before, but the uncanny sensation of seeing one in action was not something a dry, academic description of the phenomenon could hope to replicate. The only outward indication Glar gave of these thoughts was a slight, quizzical tilt of his head. The mask over his face did its job well.

In response to Malum’s question about him needing a lightsaber, Glar chuckled slightly, and said
“Do not worry. I may be inexperienced, but I am not that unfamiliar with the Sith ways.” At this, Glar removed his lightsaber from the sleeve of the shirt he was wearing. The weapon’s sleek hilt was a deep, metallic red, and covered in fine detailing. The light from Zodasia’s sun shined off of it brightly. Glar was almost tempted to ignite the weapon right here and now. But that would have to wait for later.

“It was not originally built for me, but I have found it extraordinarily useful” Glar remarked on the weapon. “I came across it upon killing its previous owner via more… pragmatic means. Some might say I fought “dirty” to win it, but I can assure you, I will not be pulling out any slugthrowers for our sparring session.” he finished, and put the saber away. Malum did the same with his own saber.

At Malum’s remark about finding a more isolated venue for their duel, Glar nodded in agreement, and said
“You know, I have heard that there is a rather isolated cliffside area on the outskirts of this town where we could have our sparring session.”

If Malum agreed with this venue, Glar would rise from his seat on the bench, and begin walking in the cliff’s direction. On the way, he would respond to Malum’s question about Xoj Camond. “I have met him in person before. But to be honest, I wish I had not. He has a fixation on getting the attention of other people, both positive and negative. To call him overbearing would be a vast understatement. He does have the power to back up his talk. He has the loyalty of many Pykes, Droids, and other enforcers on Niamos; and from what I have heard, he is quite the formidable foe himself. Of course, he has also managed to seriously aggravate plenty of the smaller organizations on his planet. That could be something that we could use to our advantage.”

"That is quite the elegant hilt," Malum spoke, approaching close, to see the red-rimmed beauty, his own sabres could not claim such grace in their design, ironic that a noble would not encrust his hilt in jewels, make gems part of the form, rim it in a pattern to make it as beautiful as it was dangerous.

He certainly could afford it, even if it would have been a total and absolute waste of his time.

That really was the main point, even in his most sheltered days, his instructors were more than willing and able to instil in him how a flashy hilt was both wasteful and indeed, could be harmful. It could break a very carefully concocted balance, it could sap one's strength unnecessarily, it could slow the blade.

Oh, they might all be minuscule effects.

But when it came to life and death, one did not take unnecessary risks.

Still, it did not take away from how graceful that hilt was, had he been another man, he might have even been envious.

His ears flicked to attention as he heard the rest of the man's words, offering a wry smile, "Never feel shame for doing what is needed to survive, or as I would put, doing what is normal to secure victory, a lightsabre is truly a great prize," He smirked at the very end of the statement, "I will not ask you to handicap yourself for my benefit, I have the training to survive a slugthrower, I assure you that much."

As he mentioned a more appropriate location to spar, Malum nodded his head, and as he rose from the bench, Malum could not help but raise an eyebrow, along with widening his eyes to a bare degree.

The Pyke was taller than he imagined.

"Lead on."

Following not too far behind, Malum listened attentively, to Lord Ulchtar's report on this Xoj Camond, it was a rather interesting biography, if sparse on certain necessary details, "An interesting man, and an interesting foe no doubt, a rather apt character flaw, I wonder how we exploit it..." He trailed off, before his eyes regained focus, "The Guard is best used for precision strikes, rather than a siege. If we were to eliminate him, would the Syndicate's operations on Niamos kneel to you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom