Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Unexpected Conflict

Zorren sighed, leaning away from the circuit board, he set down the soldering iron. His arms ached, his hands wouldn’t stop creaking and cracking, and now his neck was sore. Rising to his feet, he nodded to a nearby assistant that stood at the ready. Moving away from the table he saw the other step up and take his place. Standing for a time, he watched the man combining each length as necessary.

Turning to leave, he rolled his shoulders, cracked his neck, and then flexed his fingers until each snapped or popped once at least. He hated the feeling of being tight and unable to move properly. Who does? He constantly thought that to himself, but if he was being honest with himself maybe he had small cases of obsessive compulsive disorder. It would perfectly explain why he is so perfectly adept in circuit building, engineering, and fashion design, and all the other things that just seem to form together in his mind in a single second, creating a mental map that would align it all perfectly.

Removing his shirt, he wiped the sweat from his face, then the grime from his hand. The shirt was tossed to the side as unnecessary. Heading out into the light, he looked around at the night light that existed around the building compound. Walking freely at a decent pace he rubbed his abs a moment, feeling greasy but likely not, mostly just in his head probably. The healthy and fit body looked fine, despite his internal conflict.

Holding a hand above his head, he concentrated as he walked. Reaching a side walk that neared his compound grounds, he looked at the few patrons of the sidewalk as he waited. Suddenly a shirt slammed into his hand with force. He had used his power to call to a shirt from the office. Luckily he knew the exact placement of the clothing, and therefore how to move it around in the air until it would reach his hand.

Sliding it down over his chest, he noticed a few ladies placed oddly along the street. Each was beautiful in their own way.

Suddenly a boom sounded. Turning his head he watched as a hundred men swarmed the streets, blasters in hand. These were soldiers not just every day people. Mercenaries possibly, sure, but at least not men he knew. Ducking back behind a wall, the young man sent his sense out for what he could do in this situation. It could mean his death, sure but he wanted to help the people around if he was able. He also quickly sent a telepathic warning to those in his companies doors, to lock them and not open them for anyone but him, then he ended with a password he would use to open and prove himself.

[member="Lakura Salim"]

The young looking woman might be thought of as a fugitive by some and a traitor by others. She was trying to make a new life for herself away from a now fallen empire. With her looks she wasn't accepted many places. Luck was not on her side, which wasn't abnormal and the sounds familiar fighting filled her ears.

Letting out a curse, she raised the hood to cover her hair and hide her eyes. Now knowing what the fighting was about, she mildly wondered if they were agents of the Sith. Looking to the front of the building she was in, she wouldn't get out that way and she turned to the back.

Attempting to find a window to jump out of, she turned into one of the other rooms closer to the rear. Lakura found exactly what she was looking for and slid the window open. Her hand reached down into a pouch on her hip and she threw something out into the air.

Taking a deep breath, she muttered a spell softly and jumped out. With the help of the Force and her Dathomiri training, she almost floated to the ground and landed softly between the two buildings. She turned to look to the front of the ally and found herself pretty made face to face with Zorren.

A slight hiss escaped her and she turned to run before he could reach out to trap and capture her.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Zorren continued his searching for means of assisting. Most of the people on the street had managed to get themselves to a safe locale. He now began to worry, for the new arrivals along the opposite end of the streets. Shots were going crazy. It was not like that moment where there was a pause in between each shot, no, it was continuous non stop blaster fire and even means of other weaponry firing. It worried him, what would happen to his people indoors…

Suddenly he was interrupted in his searching, brought back to what his real eyes saw. A woman landed before him before she ran off… Toward open space! She could be shot! He lurched to a run as well, holding a hand out, forming a protective wall on the dangerous side for her, right as a blaster bolt hit the invisible wall and dissipated. Inches from her form.

Never one for lifting, throwing, or punching, the one thing he could do well was run. So he quickly began to put on more speed, hoping to catch her and talk to her, “Wait! I mean you no harm! We need to get indoor! This is dangerous!” His voice was carrying across the wind poorly and he had to hope she could hear him. The din of noise all around them was intense. So maybe she would miss it.

Putting on the final burst of speed, the man began to be within arms reach, “I have an office nearby we can go to for protection!”

[member="Lakura Salim"]

The blaster shot almost hitting her caused her to pause for just a heartbeat and then she dashed on. Not using the Force in any manner, Zorren actually caught up to her rather quickly. She heard him calling out behind her, but not what he said. It wasn't until he was right behind her that she heard what he said.

He hadn't tried to reach out to touch her and that was a good thing. She kept running and didn't look back.

"You think to capture me. I'm not going to surrender."

With very little thought, she made a quick reach into that pouch again and drew out some small flakes of something. Wasting very little breath, a quick spell was muttered and the flakes thrown.

On a world that was all city, to have something green grow was entirely out of place. That is exactly what happened though and small, grabby vines appeared in front of them. Lakura seemed to flow over them, but they might prove to be difficult for her pursuer to do the same.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Offering a sigh, Zorren slid to a stop and simply conjured a wall directly in front of her. Should she manage to avoid that one, another was placed a few feet ahead of the other. Should it work fine, she would slam right into a wall and come to a direct stop, while he called out, "I am not trying to trap you. If i wanted to I could. But I dont." He turned on his heel, "If you want shelter, you can follow me! I wont chase you in a damned war zone!" He began a light run back from where they came, then turned towards his headquarters, beelining for that. Shots were growing in their frequency and soon enough the area they were in was like a full hell. It was ridiculous how rough it became.

At a sudden explosion right near them, Z was thrown to the side like a rag doll. He barely managed to catch himself through the Force. Landing back on his feet after a full perfect 10 cartwheel without hands, he continued forward until at his doors, shouting "I hate Thor Ragnarok, It Was A Terrible Movie." The password he had sent telepathically to his people earlier saw the door quickly opened. He wasnt sure if she followed as he ducked inside however.

Glancing out the windows, he saw all of the turmoil, "Jesus what do they want..."

[member="Lakura Salim"]

Going at the speed she was, that first wall did its job and she ran right into it. The collision dazed her for a moment and they were close enough she could hear what he said.

Turning around after shaking her head, the hood she had fell off and the silver white of her hair reflected some of the light. Pulling it back up, Lakura was glad he had already turned back around.

In the end, she was a trusting soul and followed behind him as he ran into a building that opened up for him.

"They could be after me, but somehow I doubt that."

There was a slight lisp to her speech, but not much. Her tone was soft, shy and not at all confident.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Zorren watched as the woman came in, spotting her hair as she entered, a slight slip he had to assume. Obviously she didnt want to be seen, known, or recognized whichever the case. But he saw it, and the barest hint of her beauty beneath the hood. Suddenly he smiled, “I doubt it as well, none of them were coming near us. It was probably some massive gang thing. Don’t worry, this place is pretty well defendable.” He finally turned from the window completel.

“Are you hurt? Or hungry? Is there anything I can do?” Zorren asked, concern blatant in his voice. Even though she had been a lunatic, running from him for no reason whatsoever and wouldnt listen to reason, he was suddenly… who knows what it was. But he liked the girl. She was small, thin, and he wanted to protect her suddenly.

“We have a kitchen, a medic wing, and basically everything you might want or need at the moment.”
[member="Lakura Salim"]

One of her ears twitched at the sound of fighting as it seemed to get closer, but then it started to fade away again. She leaned against the wall and as he spoke her stomach growled. Looking down at it, the ends of her hair would probably hang out of her hood.

"I am not hurt. Always hungry. Not sure why, but ever since I was eighteen, I am always hungry."

Not yet looking at him, she kept most of her face covered, but her attention was on him and that would be seen by the tilt of it. She didn't like feeling so helpless. Lakura was a lost woman, on the run from the ghosts of her past. She was a trusting soul and that was why she had followed him here.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Zorren grinned, “Thats the right type of woman.” He said, before turning to lead the way into the back. As they walked, she would be able to spy between doors, clothings being made, some moderate tech work, and more. This was a building that specialized in fashion, but held an intrinsic love for the art of electronics. He paused at a door, “Carlo, how is the process coming along?”

“Well, its going, thats about all I can say. I shot the board twice now, overloading it. I cant quite get to see the coils toward proper heating,” The man dubbed Carlo responded, offering a heavy handed shrug, “But I will keep at it. There has to be the proper equality to get it set just right!”

“You the man.” The youth began walking once more, before eventually reaching a large cafeteria, with a window on the wall, “You can order damned near anything right there, we got more than you would expect.”

[member="Lakura Salim"]

She was the type of woman to follow and not lead. With her head covered, all she could see was what in front of her. Not glancing to the left or right, she stopped about three steps behind Zorren when he spoke to Carlo and maintained that distance from him when he walked on.

The smell of food caused her mouth to start watering and her stomach growled even more. Resting an open hand over it, he might notice her nails were pointed and looked quite sharp.

"Meat, lots of it. I feel like I could eat a bantha."

Her feet still stopped a couple steps behind him and she wouldn't move any further than until he did.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

"Come here," Zorren got the feeling that gentle commands would present better results with this little specimen, "Axe, heat up some special meats. Whatever you feel, broham." A shout of confirmation came back through the window at his shout, but his eyes never wavered from the woman. Slowly, as to appear the least threatening, he extended his hand, "Come here, and have a seat. Food will be ready shortly."

Zorren wasnt sure about his preferences in life, if he was being honest, as he was just to young. But he did know that he was always in control, and maybe that was what she needed. Someone to be that power for her, to drive her actions. To be the dominant in the situation. So he attempted what felt best.

"By now you should know, I mean you no harm." His words were soft, but held no sign of expecting to not be obeyed. It was a feign of course, but if she was this meek, she could potentially fall for it.

[member="Lakura Salim"]

At the moment, Lakura was actually rather weak from hunger. It had been at least a day since she had eaten. So at his command to follow him, she accepted his hand. Their skin tones provided a small contrast to each other. Her naturally tanned skin to his pale indoor.

He might be able to see the lower part of her face under her cloak, but she still kept her eyes hidden. It wasn't that she was meak exactly, but not confident. There might not be that much of a difference, but there was in her mind.

"Why are you doing this?"

Finally, she looked at him and got as good of one as the hood covering the top of her eyes would allow. He had blue eyes and hair far darker than hers. An overall friendly look and that made her trust him even more.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

"Because it is right." This was a plain spoken fact. It was not conveying some hidden meaning, nor an unbidden measure. No, he just truly believed in being a good person, at all cost. What his morals said was being good, could change at a single moment. But rarely did helping someone not fall into that category. Soon meats began to appear in the window. Without dropping her hand, his power swelled within, then it swelled without, carrying each dish to the table they stood directly next to.

Was it by accident or intention then, that a breeze would solidly lift her hood from her head throwing it back to reveal her face. He blatantly stared, not in a demeaning manner, nor overly sexual, but he wouldn't lie and say that she was unappealing.

"Why hide your beauty?" He made to sit down across from the chair nearest her, finally releasing her hand, "None here will speak of you ever arriving, I will see to that, and none are allowed to be prejiduce toward a race or appearance. Please, feel free to leave the hood down."

[member="Lakura Salim"]

"There are so many wrongs in the Galaxy that need fixing. People thought we were in the wrong and now I'm running. I didn't do anything though other than fall in with the wrong group of people. Guilty by association, I guess."

It was the most she had said all at once. She spoke softly and with a kind tone even if what she said was harsh. When her hood was blown off, her amethyst eyes glowed for just a moment and she let a sigh out and sat down.

"I hide it because it isn't normal. My mother cast me out because of my change. When I was about your age, I was getting put through some sort of trial on Dathomir. Was gone for a month or so and when I came back, my mother disowned me and cast me out. It wasn't something I had any control over and ever sense nobody had accepted me."

Pulling over one of the plates, she started eating as soon as she finished speaking. Not using poor manners in any way, he would notice her sharper canine teeth and maybe identify that as the cause to her lisp.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Zorren sat back a moment, resting against the chair spine. This woman was a true oddity. Not in a bad way, but none the less. She puzzled him. He was used to beautiful women flaunting their beauty. This one would be in the top list of those he admired, but she hid her beauty. So she was different. Why did this need to be a problem? He stroked his chin thoughtfully. But then another plate came with his other hand waving lightly.

"Well, frankly, youre gorgeous. Hope that isnt offensive." He said, then narrowed his vision looking off into the distance for a moment, mind on the list of species he was aware of. Not many actually went through a change. Some did. But not many.

"So, what type of change did you go through, if you dont mind answering."

[member="Lakura Salim"]

She merely looked at him when he called her gorgeous and shook her head.

"I don't think so. Who, besides you, would find a woman with pink or purple eyes and silver hair attractive?"

Rolling those eyes, she took a strand of hair into her hand and held it up a moment before letting it go and looked at him before answering. Finishing off her bite of food, she attempted to smile and showed him her sharp canine teeth. That same hand pointed to one of her ears that looked almost elfen. Then she brought her hand down and held it out with the palm facing down. It showed off her sharp fingernails.

Returning to eating, she would take a few more bits until the plate was empty and she pushed it to the side. Leaning forward on her head now rested on her palms with her elbows on the table.

"Before my change, I looked like any normal human. After my month away and I returned home, this is what I looked like. From what my mother told me growing up, I'm half Dathomri and my father was a Zorren. Never met one of them before so I have no idea what they are like honestly."

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Zorren smiled at each factoid that she showed. Amazingly wicked sharp claws, likely able to cut through the very table they sat at with ease. Canines that could cut most any flesh brought before them. And adorable ears. "So you think... looking like you could handle your own in a fight and have cute ears, would make you unappealing. Well," He paused, and almost as if on cue, a drink was brought out for them both, his being a lemonade, hers a juice freshly squeezed, from what fruit he couldnt tell. Taking a sip first, he then continued, "You're nuts. And thats ok."

He reached out and drew a finger along each of her sharp claws, one by one, lost in thought for a moment, "Say with all this, do you got a tail too?" He chuckled at his joke. Then he drew his hand back, "Look, you look great. Dont sweat what people have said in the past." At that he took another drink of lemonade. It was quite delicious, equal parts sweet and tart.

"Anyway, the fighting seems to be dying down for the time being," He said, sounds from outside almost imperceptibly quieting down, "So just eat whatever you like, and if you like I can leave you be."

"That isn't what makes me unappealing...it's my eyes and hair. Fight? Are you kidding? All I seem to know how to do is run...like a coward."

She didn't pull her hand away as he ran his finger along hers and she just hoped her claws didn't accidently cut him. The memory of what they could do to skin was not a pleasant one.

"At least you confirmed I'm nuts."

Shrugging her shoulders, it wasn't the worst somebody had called her and couldn't tell it was a joke from him. Shaking her head at the question of her having a tail, she hadn't grown one and that indicated she was not full zorren.

"How did you know I was still hungry?"

One of her ears twitched when he mentioned it sounded like the fighting had died down.

"It's not nearby or as close as it was at least. Why should I not care what people have said to me? It's been something I've had to put up with for many years now."

[member="Zorren Royal"]

"Your eyes and hair are amazing." Zorren said, then shrugged as he decided to toss caution to the wind, "I would date you." Rising from the chair as she had not told him to stay, he continued, "And I didnt know for sure, but guessed you would be hungry still." He nodded, "And yes, it is moving away." Moving toward the door. he turned to walk backward, "If thats the case, then stick with better people. Good people will lift you up. Not put you down. Ya know? Like make you stronger." He offered a smile, one genuinely heart felt, eyes closed, the whole nine.

"Anyway, let me know if you need me." He said then stepped back into the hall, pausing to answer a call. Murmuring to the person on the other end for a bit, he growled to himself, then side. Clearly whatever they were telling him angered him. There was no way he would admit to her that the battle had actually damaged the building to the north, near the heaviest fighting. That was information she neednt possess.

Walking down the hall, back toward the front, he continued the call.

[member="Lakura Salim"]

Giving him a shy smile when he said her hair and eyes were amazing, she blinked when he commented that he would date her. Following him with her eyes as he walked away, he caught her by surprise and she was speechless. She watched him until he left the cafeteria and got another plate of food for herself along with a drink this time.

Keeping her hood down, there was no major reactions from anybody around or any stares at her odd looks. However, nobody else approached her and she ate quietly and in thought.

How long would he allow her to stay here? That was at the front of her mind. He said he would date her and that brought a smile to her face. She chewed her food slowly and had a warm feeling deep inside. Something that had been lacking in her life for a very long time.

[member="Zorren Royal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom